Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 107 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105287 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
bless it up
A term used to tell someone to pray before an event.
bless it up so we can eat.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29803 - 08 Dec 05 17:33 why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

Loc: Jakarta
not try to provoke.. but according to my experience.. it always happen.. those people only think asian people -- more specific- indonesia people not really respected by Western people.. even if we have equal education in europe/ US.. but they still thinking they are more superior than us.. getting worse if we are immigrant and live in their country, getting worse again if we live in European countries..
they only think indo women as sex object..
oh gosh, if i can choose, how if the world history is converted ? How if we --asian people-- who occupied them? and have many colony at European countries..

Promotion
Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings
#29804 - 08 Dec 05 17:43 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
KuKuLutus Offline
Member+

Interesting n Provoking Subject.

But let me see it from other perspective.

We are equal before God. What make us different is how good we relate to other people, treat other people, and so on and so on and so on ...

So, (esp. If you believe in GOD) What other people think and say about us don't important anymore...

#29805 - 08 Dec 05 19:49 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

DQ - I was the most racist man in the world, until i did MBA with a lot of Asian students.

I was suprised to find they knew a lot more than me, they were fun, they could out drink me, out think me, out argue me, and were a lot better looking. I discovered Asian girls, and never looked back.

BUT - to western eyes a lot of Asian cultures and ideas make them look inferior by Western standards. Corruption, inability to trust, lack of commitment, inability to meet time lines, and general lethargy/lazyness, all make Westerners feel superior.

I do a fair bit of work in Asia, I llove the region, but 10 days of the month i coulsd cheerfully kick every ass in sight because I get sooo frustrated.

#29806 - 08 Dec 05 20:26 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

KUKU :
We are equal before God. What make us different is how good we relate to other people, treat other people, and so on and so on and so on ...

I agree this..
my ex boss sometime always said something not good about indo people, and i will say to my self : "come on, u just talk something worse about my people????"
sometime i have argues with those expat managers....

ROSCO : Corruption, inability to trust, lack of commitment, inability to meet time lines, and general lethargy/lazyness, all make Westerners feel superior.

yes.. it's old fellows, but i think us -- the young welleducated indo people get fed up with those bad manners of oldies people

#29807 - 08 Dec 05 20:53 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by douce_qipus:
ROSCO : Corruption, inability to trust, lack of commitment, inability to meet time lines, and general lethargy/lazyness, all make Westerners feel superior.

yes.. it's old fellows, but i think us -- the young welleducated indo people get fed up with those bad manners of oldies people
I do a lot of work for a well known Indo company. I admire this company so much..... the people I work with are smart, fast, go ahead and full of life. They are an absolute credit to Indonesia. they give 100%, and i hope I give them 100% in return. Sometimes i ask the impossible, they smile, and they deliver.

It it worth understanding that the West doesnt really want Asia to get its act together, because if it does it will totally outperform them (the USA was terrified of Japan in the late 1980s). But things are changing.... your generration will do very well indeed (and you deserve to)

#29808 - 08 Dec 05 21:05 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I had better add: -

the cultural differences are what cause the problem. Asians tend never to admit to not knowing or understanding. Last week I watched an expat trying to show a (very good) Indo programmer something VERY complex. The indo guy got up and walked away - BECAUSE he had become confused. The expat didnít understand Asian culture and went ballistic. The Indo guy could not admit that he had lost the thread, and it was his way of breaking the situation. The expat thought the Programmer didnít care.

Asians never say no, even if ĎyesĒ is impossible. This is why Westerners think they break agreements, donít meet deadlines, donít deliver.

Asians, donít admit they donít understand. This confuses and annoys Westerners.

Western culture is just as bad. I make whole lot of mistakes. I try hard to understand.

#29809 - 08 Dec 05 23:03 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Loc: Surabaya
Quote:
getting worse if we are immigrant and live in their country, getting worse again if we live in European countries..
they only think indo women as sex object..
Hi I'm new here and I thought Iíll jump right in.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree on this one D_Q. We Europeans think of all women of all race and culture as sex objects. smile

I think most westerners feel superior to each other as well. For example; I hate my European colleges, because they think there so f*cking smart, but actually they are complete morons. And guess what? They hate me to. Guess Why?

Donít get me wrong. I donít want to be ignorant to the problem. But donít you think itís more of a cultural thing?

It took me more then 10 years to understand what fine, smart and lovely people Indonesians are. Believe me, some of those years where the worst of my life.
I wouldnít be surprised if it took you lesser time to determine that European people are complete bastards?

#29810 - 09 Dec 05 08:06 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
BlueBoy Offline

Loc: jakarta
DQ,

there is an old saying "money talks, bullshit walks". Applicable worldwide, especially in Europe and US. during my college years in the US i showed them that we are in a better shape than the rest of the students....cars and big house. to my surprise, it works. they are all so nice.
And now, it's even more applicable, even to expats. my 2 cents

#29811 - 09 Dec 05 08:10 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

Donít get me wrong. I donít want to be ignorant to the problem. But donít you think itís more of a cultural thing?
-----------------------------
------->It could be, u can said that again, because their parents never say something good about colour-skin-people..
--------------------------------------
It took me more then 10 years to understand what fine, smart and lovely people Indonesians are. Believe me, some of those years where the worst of my life.
I wouldnít be surprised if it took you lesser time to determine that European people are complete bastards?
------------------------> not all european people bastar* ..some of them is nice, and has good opinion about asian people.. if not so, i dont wanna have European BFs :-))
just like yesterday when i am in support team of an event held by CCE ..we are the indonesia team (most of them can speak French well, and 2 of them get their Master in french, but still being direspect by French team!!!)feel discriminated by the French team.. our CV not inserted on the CD ROM distributed to French investor in ASEAN.. we are Angry.. i convey that to my ex FRench BF, and he is so sad..cause i have to experience that ..

#29812 - 09 Dec 05 08:17 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
BlueBoy Offline

Be pragmatic and realistic.....money is not everything, but in most cases you will get the following:
1. Nice gal according to yr specifications
2. Car, again, according to your wish list
3. An expat office boy....willing to do anything. most of them are fakes anyway, means that they can't compete for a job in their home country. not all, but most. Have actually seen 3 expats carrying their boss' briefcase and papers which happen to be my friends. Think i will get one also....any takers?

#29813 - 09 Dec 05 08:55 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
KIM Offline
Member++

Loc: singapore
the chinese came to indonesia and trade
the dutch came and u know what happen
now u know why asian are never welcome

#29814 - 09 Dec 05 08:59 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
indonesia would be a lot better off if the dutch came back. maybe we should make a petition apologizing to the dutch, and beg them to take over the government again.

wink

#29815 - 09 Dec 05 09:05 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
KIM Offline
Member++

oh yeah u like the dutch to come back
what did they really do for indonesia
if the indo goverment is lousy it is still
indonesian have u no pride.

#29816 - 09 Dec 05 09:09 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Pooh Bah

<font size=4>PPLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE BELANDA, COME BACK! WE'RE SORRY ABOUT 17/8/1945! WE WON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN. AYO ..... KASIHAN DONG!</font>

#29817 - 09 Dec 05 09:12 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
KIM Offline
Member++

ah forget it

#29818 - 09 Dec 05 09:16 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Pooh Bah

ah. you're no fun....

#29819 - 09 Dec 05 09:54 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
just like yesterday when i am in support team of an event held by CCE ..we are the indonesia team (most of them can speak French well, and 2 of them get their Master in french, but still being direspect by French team!!!)feel discriminated by the French team.. our CV not inserted on the CD ROM distributed to French investor in ASEAN.. we are Angry.. i convey that to my ex FRench BF, and he is so sad..cause i have to experience that ..
thats the French DQ. They are the biggest bunch of arrogant assholes in the world. They make me sick.

#29820 - 09 Dec 05 09:58 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by rosco:
thats the French DQ. They are the biggest bunch of arrogant assholes in the world. They make me sick.
yes, indeed you are right. but what would the world be without the french to hate? we love hating the french!

if the world didn't have the french, we'd have to invent them.

#29821 - 09 Dec 05 10:16 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

They think the EU is some sort of funding body for their stupid farmers.

They think that French is the ONLY language in the world (do you know they BAN English on TV and Radio, and fine announcers for saying any Englsih words - how STUPID!)

They think they won WW1 and WW2 (they caused both)

I think it typifies France when you lean that they invented barbed wire and the ciggarette!!!

#29822 - 09 Dec 05 10:16 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
BlueBoy Offline

only good thing from french is the escargot and french fries. let's fry them

#29823 - 09 Dec 05 12:11 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

hm, Okay.. it maybe only happen if we get in touch with FRench. but not all French people SUCK..except my BF hehehe ^_^

something good from France : Cheese, cake, red wine, french kiss by damn hot French young guy LOL

#29824 - 09 Dec 05 12:30 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by Risad_Gir:
Hi I'm new here and I thought Iíll jump right in.
Hope it didn't hurt too much. i was a virgin, once.

Quote:
I'm sorry but I have to disagree on this one D_Q. We Europeans think of all women of all race and culture as sex objects. smile
basically, if a man doesn't think of a breeding age woman as a sex object, then he's not a man. sorry ladies, that's reality.

Quote:
I think most westerners feel superior to each other as well. For example; I hate my European colleges, because they think there so f*cking smart, but actually they are complete morons. And guess what? They hate me to. Guess Why?
yep, no shortage of western shitheads. (see http://www.okusi.net/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000006 for an exposition of western shitheadedness.)

#29825 - 09 Dec 05 13:03 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

They think that French is the ONLY language in the world (do you know they BAN English on TV and Radio, and fine announcers for saying any Englsih words - how STUPID!)

yes Rosco.. and i dont know why.. they have to subtitle all US movie or non French movie to French language ..NO ENGLISH in France..LOL that's wht their english is lousy ..

OOps, feeling like betray all my x french BFs LOL (hope they not joined this FORUM, all they will hang me on the guilottine..LOL)

#29826 - 09 Dec 05 13:32 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Booty Lover Offline
Member+

Quote:
Originally posted by williamshaw:
what did they really do for indonesia
Aqueducts? Oops, no that was the Romans, not the Dutch.

#29827 - 09 Dec 05 13:38 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
inggrit brown Offline
Member+++

Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:
Quote:
Originally posted by rosco:
yes, indeed you are right. but what would the world be without the french to hate? we love hating the french!

if the world didn't have the french, we'd have to invent them.
French people smells like a cheese and Fried Frog!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website