Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105285 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
trumparoma
The smell that occurs when a swamp is drained and replaced with raw sewage and other kinds of stinking waste.
There's been a hell of a trumparoma around here since they drained that swamp and filled it with sewage.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29726 - 24 Dec 05 20:03 Religion
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

One girl on JakChat made several comments about a guy "changing to her religion"...

How important is this to an Indonesian girl? would she become Chrstian for a man, or must the man become Muslim?

I am not much of a relgious person, but i dont think I could pretend to take up a religion to make a girl happy.

Promotion
Thunderbird: Reclaim your email inbox!
#29727 - 25 Dec 05 01:18 Re: Religion
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Loc: Surabaya
Quote:
Originally posted by rosco:
One girl on JakChat made several comments about a guy "changing to her religion"...

How important is this to an Indonesian girl. would she become Chrstian for a man, or must the man become Muslim.

I am not much of a relgious person, but i dont think I could pretnet to take up a religion to make a girl happy.
I think itís not for her personally, but just to keep her family happy. My girl would like to marry me. She said she would even consider for other religion just to get the paperwork done. She told me she would never go to church and after marriage she would always go to the mosque. Many westerners change religion just to make it a legal marriage in Indonesia. After that the never visit the mosque again. They donít care; at least I donít care at all. Religious Institutions shouldnít stick there noses in peoples business. Religion should be a free choice. Why they are pushing it on people? Every religion that pushes its self on people can go to hell as far as I'm concerned mad . Thatís my opinion.

#29728 - 25 Dec 05 01:36 Re: Religion
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Loc: Surabaya
And yes I would pretend to take up an other religion for a girl with such a nice ass, I even love her laugh . I would give my left nut, so why not my religion. I dont care.

#29729 - 25 Dec 05 18:05 Re: Religion
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Careful mate, this is serious.

I dont think I would ever give up the Church of England on principle.....

#29730 - 25 Dec 05 22:50 Re: Religion
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quote:

How important is this to an Indonesian girl? would she become Chrstian for a man, or must the man become Muslim?

I am not much of a relgious person, but i dont think I could pretend to take up a religion to make a girl happy.
Ros...depend of the people...how important?
I have a lots of friends and they are moslem and marry with defferent religion...

just intermezo...for me and fam...religion is very...very important...I broke up with my BF because of being defferent religion...and we tried to accept the reality if we were realy defferent..
for the first we felt that religion it's not an obstacle to make relations but evidently...the religion is one conviction that couldn't be forced....

you know Ros..most of the people in Indo..religion is very..very..important.... smile

#29731 - 26 Dec 05 06:54 Re: Religion
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by jokgirl:
you know Ros..most of the people in Indo..religion is very..very..important.... smile
Yes of course, religion is important to many poeple, not only Indonesians. I am glad that they believe so strongly.

I would give up my church, because I am a poor Christian, but I would neve take up any other Religion - Budhist, Catholic, Islam, or any other.

#29732 - 26 Dec 05 12:11 Re: Religion
sigma Offline

Loc: jakarta
Yes, Ros / Jok. I am with you. I think everyone believes in one's religion and giving it up makes me wonder how attractive the motivating factor is!!

#29733 - 26 Dec 05 12:46 Re: Religion
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quote:
Originally posted by sigma:
Yes, Ros / Jok. I am with you. I think everyone believes in one's religion and giving it up makes me wonder how attractive the motivating factor is!!
depends on how seriously you take religion. if you are one of those persons who think that all religions are a crock of shit, then what's the harm in making a mockery of it by converting as often as possible to as many of them as possible? frequent "conversion" is a form of subversion.

anarchy rules, ok? eat the rich!

#29734 - 26 Dec 05 13:12 Re: Religion
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
All the guys who I know married to an indonesian muslim girl DID convert=paper only I think.
In the koran a girl is NOT allowed to marry a non-muslim person, thus the high rate of conversion.
My husband is religious( buddhis) but I am not. I wouldnt even know what to do in that temples! LOL.
You know it used to drive me crazy in Indonesia that EVERYONE would ask " agama apa"I ended up just saying Christain ( even though I actually dont know crap about it)because saying you had no religion just didnt compute, and seemed to be a great worry for people.
For us its strange to be asked that question, normal in Indo.

..take only what you need..

#29735 - 26 Dec 05 13:36 Re: Religion
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Hmmmmmm

If I was goining to marry an Indoneisan girl, take up indonesian PR etc I might consider it.

But if thwe girl had every intention of moving to Australia or UK she can get stuffed if she thinks I will convert just to suit her religious beliefs.

Sorry girls, if you want to marry me and live in Sydney your going to become Christian. I think its a fair swop :-)

#29736 - 26 Dec 05 13:50 Re: Religion
Ena Offline
Member*

You will bring a fatwa on your head honey!!!
No I alkso know one couple ( both Indonesian) -woman is muslim and husband is xtian.
Nobody bothered them.

#29737 - 26 Dec 05 14:56 Re: Religion
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by Ena:
You will bring a fatwa on your head honey!!!
Is that like the headscarf that some women wear?

Im too cute to go hiding my face :-)

#29738 - 27 Dec 05 16:30 Re: Religion
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quote:
Quote:
Yes of course, religion is important to many poeple, not only Indonesians. I am glad that they believe so strongly.

I would give up my church, because I am a poor Christian, but I would neve take up any other Religion - Budhist, Catholic, Islam, or any other.
as your first question..."how important?
of course not only Indonesians but for everyone in the world....

sorry Ros, did you know that, most of Indonesians are Moslems....so that's why I said that the religion is very..very...important for Indonesians...
sometimes love relations between girl and guy run adground on the way because of the defferent of religion....

however, Religion is a conviction for everyone....
they had the right to their conviction to be their resvective....

peace!!!

#29739 - 27 Dec 05 17:21 Re: Religion
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
sorry Ros, did you know that, most of Indonesians are Moslems....so that's why I said that the religion is very..very...important for Indonesians...
sometimes love relations between girl and guy run adground on the way because of the defferent of religion....

peace!!!
Yes of course I knew that most indonesians are Muslims!

I never understand why Muslims think that religion is only important to them!

A religion is important to any religious person. be it Chrsitianity, Budhist, Islam, or anything else. It is anyones right to chose a religion, and to believe in it and practice it.....

Which is why I would not b happy being told i ust convert to Islam if i want to marry a Muslim girl. i would respect her choice of religion and would expect her to respect mine.

#29740 - 27 Dec 05 17:48 Re: Religion
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quote:
Quote:

peace!!!
Yes of course I knew that most indonesians are Muslims!

I never understand why Muslims think that religion is only important to them!

A religion is important to any religious person. be it Chrsitianity, Budhist, Islam, or anything else. It is anyones right to chose a religion, and to believe in it and practice it.....

Which is why I would not b happy being told i ust convert to Islam if i want to marry a Muslim girl. i would respect her choice of religion and would expect her to respect mine.
ya..ya..talking about religion is a complicated for me...honestly some times I'm not ready for that...cause I'm not very religious...
any way, I love to discuss about this... smile

#29741 - 31 Dec 05 13:43 Re: Religion
KIM Offline
Member++

Loc: singapore
polar bear

myself born a methodist, u i guess church of england

its a relition of FAITH. me i cant believe that
the world was build in 6 days,or for the matter
the universe where there are billion of stars
and hundreds of galaxy. what is earth nothing
one small planet,like singapore one little
red dot on earth, and we humans a dust in the
whole cosmos. and when we die the next generation
of humans take over, and the next and the next
until the sun burns out in 2billion years
time on get suck up by a black hole.
and than we humans are finish amen

#29742 - 31 Dec 05 15:00 Re: Religion
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by williamshaw:
polar bear

myself born a methodist, u i guess church of england
William, although I am Church of England, I went to a strict Methodist School. It was far harder than the army ever was :-( I fear very little in life after having been to that place.

Now - I didnt have any religion, until I started to feel threatened by Islam over the last 10 years. I honestly believe that Islam intends taking over the world. That I will be a second class citizen in this world - an Infidel, unless I convert to Islam.

I hear young Muslims in the country of birth England, saying that they will not rest until England is a Mulsim country with Sharia Law. I hear the same in Australia.

I see Muslim boys in London blow up good innocent civilians. These were Muslim boys they we welcomed as migrants. Boys whos idea of gratitude is to kill the very people woh welcomed them.

I see young girls beheaded in Indonsia for being the same religion as me. I see, right now on the news, a bomb going off at a pork seller stand in Palu, (Central Sulawesi). 7 Christians have died.

All of this will end in a global war. Many people in the West think we are already at war - that the invaders are Muslims who arrive as Refugees. Every day more arrive in England, and arrive in Australia. They build new mosques in every area, and try to convert, by persuasion or by fear, the people to convert to Islam.

A girl saying that if I marry her I must convert to Islam is symptomatic of this movement.

If we do not start to live together, and accept the individuals rights to freedom of religion (and all of the above do not) we will go to war for that freedon. Millions will die. I dont care what religion you are, you will love me and respect my freedom, and treat me as an equal. that is all I ask.

#29743 - 31 Dec 05 16:49 Re: Religion
KIM Offline
Member++

Loc: singapore
facts, pakistan muslim wanting to immigarte are
all in indonesia waiting to go to australia
most staying in jalan jaksa, why cant indonesia
except them which i think they also dont want
u guys except them, singapore no way unless
u highly educated with a degree in IT or an
engineer. if they land in australia sent them
back. there no way a country as big as australia
can take all the refugees in the world there
must be a limit.

a country like indonesia christians will always
loose out. thats a fact of life, if i were
a christian in indonesia i will head for
australia

now u know why tukey is not part of the
european union. just think tukish workers
all over europe, by the millions. no
passport needed stay as long as u like

singapore is one of the countries, if u marry
a malay girl, u dont have to be a muslim
freedom of religion is gurantee.
one of my friends married a malay girl
she is of course a muslim but he is by
birth a christian and still a christian

christians and muslim have been fighting each
other since the crusaders, and we are still
at it. who is the winner only time will tell

rememeber the movie KINGDOM OF HEAVEN
we lost jerusalem to saladin

#29744 - 31 Dec 05 19:01 Re: Religion
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

The point is william, i dont want to fight anyone, but i dont want to be Muslim. So we need to understand our freedoms, and others need to understand our need for freedom.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

#29745 - 05 Jan 06 15:35 Re: Religion
niken_aja Offline

Loc: Bandung
Weks

#29746 - 05 Jan 06 15:40 Re: Religion
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

hi Nike..welcome to JakChat..it's my pleasure to see you here...
speak you mind here..hopefuly you'll get everything as you wish... smile

#29747 - 05 Jan 06 16:07 Re: Religion
sonya_tea Offline
Member+

NIken are you really from Bandung...
Bandungnya di mana ceu?

I also from Bandung...are you also jokgirl's friend???

I wanna asked the all barudak Bandung join to JakChat..what do you think Ken??? wink smile

#29748 - 05 Jan 06 16:16 Re: Religion
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quote:
Originally posted by sonya_pisan:
Bandungnya di mana ceu?

I wanna asked the all barudak Bandung join to JakChat..what do you think Ken??? wink smile
bandung is a horrible place, and so are the people there.

oh, except you, sonya 8)

the taxi drivers there would have to be the worst, rudest and greediest people in Indonesia.

#29749 - 06 Jan 06 12:28 Re: Religion
Ena Offline
Member*

We could all join the teapot worship cult in Mlaysia( or start it up again)LOL.
My husband is religious( buddhist) and he prays all these rituals on whatever day it is according to his rules/funny calender-you know those ones that have the chinese days and islamic days and also javanese days in them..
I am not religious at all.It hasnt been an issue for us-all I need to knowe are the days when he is vegatarian only and thats that.My son is taught it from his dad, and I think thats really fine.
Last time we went to a temple here in Glebe and I dont know what to do in them( funny order of all different deities with insence etc) so I wandered around and out the back was the temple caretaker smoking what looked suspiciously like a bucket bong....he fobbed me off in cantonese with some sweets and pointed me in the different direction.
At my sister in laws wedding last year in Jakarta we had to stay in the temple for about 2 hours while they payed their respects to the altars and it took foreveeeeeeeer. But it was really interesting. I like going to the sifu-especially the one who channels some drunken god guy and more or less abuses you good naturedly while he is " channeling" Its great fun!!!

#29750 - 06 Jan 06 12:50 Re: Religion
sonya_tea Offline
Member+

Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:
Quote:
Originally posted by sonya_pisan:
Bandungnya di mana ceu?

bandung is a horrible place, and so are the people there.

oh, except you, sonya 8)

the taxi drivers there would have to be the worst, rudest and greediest people in Indonesia.
what wrong with Bnadung and what wrong with the people in bandung?? frown
I was born in Bandung and I spent my all times in Bandung..but i feel Bandung more safety than other cities..
even, many people says Bandung is a peace city in Indonesia..and then why you tell that bandung adn the people was horrible frown

you never feel sty at..if you never living in Bnadung for long times.. smile

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website