Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105287 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
Laughterwards
A TV show, Film or situation that was not really funny or marginally funny that for whatever reason is much funnier aftwrwards.
You have to watch Portlandia, but it's a laughterwards, so just give it a chance to kick in.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29210 - 15 Feb 06 12:31 And Mr. Howard said...............
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
Howard defends AFP, warns travellers
Prime Minister John Howard has defended the role of the Australian Federal Police (AFP) and warned travellers about the dangers of involvement with drugs overseas, after two members of the Bali nine were sentence to death.
The two masterminds of the Bali nine heroin smuggling operation, Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, have been found guilty in an Indonesian court.
Two couriers, Michael Czugaj and Martin Stephens, have today been sentenced to life imprisonment, joining fellow couriers Renae Lawrence and Scott Rush, who were sentenced yesterday.
Mr Howard has rejected criticisms of the AFP over the arrests of the Bali nine and says he feels desperately sorry for the families of those convicted.
"I defend the role and the action of the Australian Federal Police," he said.
"It's no good blaming the police or blaming others.
"I feel desperately sorry for the parents of these people I do. All of us as parents feel that way but the warnings have been there for decades and how on earth any young Australian can be so stupid as to take the risk is completely beyond me."
Mr Howard has pleaded for Australians to learn from the sentences.
"Can I just say to every young Australian, please take notice of this," he said.
"I even beg them not to take the terrible risk that these young people have done, their lives destroyed.
"In the case of two people, their lives could well be taken. You can't expect governments in other countries to take a soft view of drugs."
The remaining three members of the Bali nine will have their verdicts handed down on Wednesday.
Sydneysiders Matthew Norman and Si Yi Chen, and Tan Van Nguyen from Brisbane, are all under the age of 24 and face the prospect of spending the rest of their lives in an Indonesian prison.

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

Promotion
Firefox 2: Rediscover the Web
#29211 - 15 Feb 06 12:56 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I would shoot every on of them.

That heroin was going ot end up on the streets of Sydney.

Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran would be driving Porsches on the profits obtained for the misery of young drug addicts.

SHOOT THEM ALL. Hell, give me a pistol and I will do it.

I HATE drug dealers. In a world of scum they are the lowest. I will hold a party the day they die.

#29212 - 15 Feb 06 13:22 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
klicker Offline
Member+

Loc: Sydney Australia
They're just stupid asses, man. They want big dollars. That's why they smuggle those drugs to Sydney, to make easy money and have good times.

I'm glad they will get shot in front of a firing squad. death to the drug dealers, to save other lives.

Even though Sydney has the biggest problem with drug, good on the AFP. Let the problem be handled with care. Kill those drug dealers; if they are punished in Australia they'll just get bailed out and do it again, and more Sydney people will get killed because of those drugs.

#29213 - 15 Feb 06 13:52 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

I hate drug dealers and all of relations with that, coz' it ruined entire of life, corruptors and this stupid guys has the same way. This time I guess Mr.Howard should listen to you guys.

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#29214 - 15 Feb 06 18:01 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
gee klicker, your english has really improved fast. keep up the hard work!

#29215 - 15 Feb 06 18:04 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
I still think death is not right.
I just cant agree with capital punishment.
But you know if you shit on your foot it will stink right.You cant play with the big boys and not get hurt-death penalty exist so there you go.
I think these guys were watching too much "young and dangerous" hong kong mafia movie, and very much misjudge bali system.
I also think thise stupid mules are all junkies.
I swear its just too stupid and needless.
Maybe if we do legalise it all these bastards will just get out of jobs.
I just know if that was my son I will probabaly kill him myself( he he capital punishment ok if dealt from mama!!!)

..take only what you need..

#29216 - 15 Feb 06 18:05 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I agree with klicker, shoot the bloody lot. And the other idiot with a surfboard full of Hash.

Shoot them and they will stop doing it, and more people will live longer.

AND - f'kin drug addicts will stop nicking things out of my car. Assholes.....

#29217 - 16 Feb 06 09:48 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

And I guess you knewt this too PB, all that drugs will be export to Australia as soon as possible?
I think dead punishment or prison in the tire of life is appropiate for them, I don't want hear or see any "grave" again because of this,its enough and its a nightmare, lets safe our next generations from this "evil" things wink

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#29218 - 16 Feb 06 19:31 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I would make all drug carriers take whatever they were carrying in one big hit. If they die - its the will of God.

#29219 - 16 Feb 06 20:22 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
cherry Offline
Member**

Loc: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally posted by Macan tutul:
And I guess you knewt this too PB, all that drugs will be export to Australia as soon as possible?
I think dead punishment or prison in the tire of life is appropiate for them, I don't want hear or see any "grave" again because of this,its enough and its a nightmare, lets safe our next generations from this "evil" things wink
even we and also the government alywas gave the announcement...whatever..whereever..and whenever..keep stay way from drugs...
but sometimes,that's unuseful
so many elements of the smuggler slipped away from police's chase, and so that will observe the next generation...

#29220 - 17 Feb 06 02:49 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
klicker Offline
Member+

everydays someone day at the ally way kingscross. with syringes or hand mark full of injection mark authopsy report of overdose. so the goverments legallies by opening shooting gallery's. guess what someone dies at the spot of shooting gallery , and closed no more freebies.
buy your own drug jungkies , but mate still lot of those drug on black market , very scary

#29221 - 17 Feb 06 05:24 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I would put poisoned drugs on the market, then tell everyone. The people who could give up would stop taking out of fear of dying. the addicts who cannt give up will die of poison. better for both......

I am angry at my taxes going to help these stupid people.....

kill all addicts, kill all dealers. frown

#29222 - 17 Feb 06 09:17 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Yeah, because of this too, my cousin had die, so stupid stupid, stupid and stupid

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#29223 - 18 Feb 06 04:59 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
klicker Offline
Member+

According radio Station ws.fm. Two Australian for death row would be guarrantie for clemency say alexander downer pm. their you go pb , they come back to australia and after you i will tell them you will be at North Pole with you cosy fur hidding away.

#29224 - 18 Feb 06 06:40 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I want them dead.

Chan is f'kin CHINESE

Suleman is a f'kin MUSLIM!!!!

Both should be shot, of thtown out of Australia and sent back to the shithole they came from...

I am sick of assholes like this arriving in Australia and destroying the place....

#29225 - 19 Feb 06 21:15 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Howard hits out at 'jihad' Muslims
George Megalogenis
February 20, 2006
JOHN Howard has strongly criticised aspects of Muslim culture, warning they pose an unprecedented challenge for Australia's immigration program.

While he remained confident that the overwhelming majority of Muslims would be successfully integrated, the Prime Minister said there were two unique problems that previous intakes of migrants from Europe and Asia did not have.

"I do think there is this particular complication because there is a fragment which is utterly antagonistic to our kind of society, and that is a difficulty," Mr Howard told The Australian.

"You can't find any equivalent in Italian, or Greek, or Lebanese, or Chinese or Baltic immigration to Australia. There is no equivalent of raving on about jihad, but that is the major problem."

The Prime Minister also expressed concern about Muslim attitudes to women. "I think some of the associated attitudes towards women (are) a problem," he said.

"For all the conservatism towards women and so forth within some of the Mediterranean cultures, it's as nothing compared with some of the more extreme attitudes.

"The second one of those things is a broader problem, but to be fair to them, it's an attitude that is changing with the younger ones."

The comments are contained in a new book to mark the 10th anniversary of Mr Howard's rise to power. Written by The Australian's team of journalists and commentators, The Howard Factor -- a decade that changed the nation will be published on February 27 and launched by the Prime Minister on March 2.

Mr Howard gave a series of interviews for the book on December 9, the final sitting day of the parliamentary year for 2005. This happened to be just two days before the race riots in the Sydney beachside suburb of Cronulla.

The Prime Minister did not specify which Muslim source nations he was concerned about.

By placing Lebanese immigrants in the same integrated category as the Italian, Greek, Chinese and Baltic, he appears to have been referring to the Christian rather than the Muslim intake from the Middle East.

The president of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils, Ameer Ali, said the conservative Muslims about whom Mr Howard was talking represented only a "tiny fraction".

"There is (also) a tiny fraction of Australians who believe in white supremacy," said Dr Ali, who chairs Mr Howard's Muslim advisory group.

"I think he (Mr Howard) understands that the large majority of Muslims are like everyone else.

"In any society there are immigrants who try to hold on to their traditions, and it takes time to change. My faith is in the following generation -- the next generation will be more adaptive."

In the interview, Mr Howard was upbeat about the immigration program.

Australia crossed two immigrant thresholds in 2003-04, which is the latest year for which Bureau of Statistics tables are available. The overseas-born population rose to 24per cent -- its highest proportion since the 1890s. And the European share of the immigrant total fell below 50 per cent for the first time.

The previous Labor government of Paul Keating had the overseas-born at 23 per cent of the population, and the European component was 57 per cent.

Mr Howard seemed genuinely pleased when the numbers were read out to him.

"Really? I think what it demonstrates is that we have run a truly non-discriminatory immigration policy."

After slashing immigration in his first term between 1996 and 1998, Mr Howard has steadily ratcheted up the intake to levels that now exceed those under Labor's Bob Hawke in the 1980s.

As Opposition leader in 1988, Mr Howard attacked Asian immigration. He later apologised and conceded the move cost him his job at the time.

His comment in August that year was: "I wouldn't like to see it (the rate of Asian immigration) greater. I'm not in favour of going back to a White Australia policy. I do believe that if it is -- in the eyes of some in the community -- that it's too great, it would be in our immediate-term interest and supporting of social cohesion if it were slowed down a little, so the capacity of the community to absorb it was greater."

Mr Howard's latest observations on Muslim culture are not in the same category, because they do not suggest the rate of Muslim immigration should be slowed down in the interests of social cohesion. "The public sometimes mixes up attitudes to immigration with attitudes to our identity and our history," he told The Australian.

"I think one of the reasons why people have been accepting of all of this is that they feel they have a Government and a Prime Minister that is in favour of what I might call a slightly less zealous multiculturalism than was practised by my predecessor.

"Not a return to assimilation so much, but somewhere in between, which is what people want.

"What resonates most with people, I find, is they don't mind where new people come from, as long as they've got skills, and as long as they become Australians when they arrive.

"But that doesn't mean they should forget where they were born."

#29226 - 20 Feb 06 12:01 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Religion can we say as a cultural phenomenon, as a cultural system, religion or faith could be establishment and mobilization of power when sometimes can create a conflict, and in here when faith or religion (as a culture) used in a society as a real, will born paradox of reality at the other side religion could be integration of the instrument, but at the other side religion could be a factor of disintegration. In a objective reality, religion become threatened factor mostly serious at all of side of living or society especially to complex society

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#29227 - 20 Feb 06 12:49 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Protesters in Jakarta today stormed the USA embassy over the cartoons. The cartoons were not published in the USA. But Islam hates the USA.

In Istanbul thousands potested about the West - yet Turkey is joining the Western EU, and is expecting BILLIONS of aid from the Westerners it hates.

the world has gone crazy.

#29228 - 20 Feb 06 13:13 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

About attacked at US Embassy yesterday, it's scary and brutality I think, ok if US done something wrong, but please it can be solve with dialogue not with uneducated, and brutality actions, so what know, its not solved after all, please we can think as a human with cool head, and they said like this and like that was a "crime of religion", and they should apologize, and Playboy considered as a "forbidden" magazine in Indo, but don't they realize, sinetrons or soap opera with religious theme right now, its so vulgar and full of violance too, not all of the people who done something wrong or sins in their life must die and kind of desease, they have right to life and repent their life. mad frown
Of course PB, the world has gone crazy, so crazy until it feels this world so fragile for our next generations to live, politics and all of the instruments.

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#29229 - 20 Feb 06 13:25 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
Thats why when people here in the US ask me, where are you originally from? I said Bali.!
I never said I am an Indonesian..!

#29230 - 20 Feb 06 13:39 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I understand how the protesters feel. And i think the cartoons were stupid and pointless.

And I know the USA has made a lot of mistakes - and sometimes doesnt care about Islamic countries.

But non muslim people see the riots and get frightened. and frightened people are dangerous. They do silly things in return.

So the west will do silly things, and Islam will do silly things, and the west will do crazy things, and Islam will do crazy things.

And we will all die.... frown

#29231 - 20 Feb 06 13:41 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
cherry Offline
Member**

Quote:
Originally posted by JakGirl:
Thats why when people here in the US ask me, where are you originally from? I said Bali.!
I never said I am an Indonesian..!
but you know, bali is apart of Indnesia..so you can't tell to the peope but you're from indonesia...
don't you proud as an indonesian..
even so many happened in Indo
And possibly Indonesia has also been it was thought negative by the other country, I stayed proud as an indonesian

#29232 - 20 Feb 06 13:44 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

NOPE! Never proud of being Indo,..hell NO! in fact MALU..sekali! don't you read my posts, I want Bali break away from Indonesia Cherry..yes! we'll have own president soon! or Prime Minister!

#29233 - 20 Feb 06 13:52 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
cherry Offline
Member**

frown frown frown

#29234 - 20 Feb 06 13:55 Re: And Mr. Howard said...............
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Sorry Cherry, but I am a Balinese, unfortunatelly that my Bali is part of Indo, however I don't feel I am an Indonesian at all!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website