Below is an excerpt from a Jakarta-based publication, from its "world" section that shows a chronic lack of understanding of the word "Palestine"..... And I see this from the same publication all the time, it's really sad actually. It sounds so odd -- sort of like saying "the Java-Java Island conflict", or "Singapore is attacking the island of Singapore" According to the definition of the word, it is nothing more than a geographical area. I think they mean to say "Palestinian lands" or "the Palestinian territories (incl. Gaza & W. Bank)"

See Map of Palestine which includes the political entities of Israel, Gaza & W. Bank)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zero ties with Israel limits Indonesia's role

Abdul Khalik, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

... He said that if President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono wished Indonesia to be a major player in bringing peace in the Middle East, his administration should start a campaign to explain to the public the benefits Indonesia and Palestine could gain if it opened contacts with the Jewish state.

The two countries do not have diplomatic relations as Indonesia opposes Israel's repressive policies against Palestine although Indonesia agreed to a two-state solution over the Israel-Palestine conflict as stated in several UN resolutions. ....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary
PALESTINE:
Function: geographical name
1. ancient region SW Asia bordering on E coast of the Mediterranean & extending E of Jordan River
2. region bordering on the Mediterranean on W & Dead Sea on E; a part of the Ottoman Empire 1516-1917, a British mandate 1923-48; now approximately coextensive with Israel and the West Bank

Encyclopędia Britannica
PALESTINE:
Area of the eastern Mediterranean region, comprising parts of modern Israel and the Palestinian territories of the Gaza Strip (along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea) and the West Bank (the area west of the Jordan River).