Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29005 - 06 Aug 06 19:13 TV Show in Indo?? Something about a tourist?
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
Hi .
Does anyone know about a tv show that stars a dutch woman(?) and is called something about a touris? ( is it turis bodoh or somthing???)
sunday nights apparantly.
If so is it a stupid show or what?
My new neighbour( iya orang indo !) was telling me about this -on or not?

..take only what you need..

#29006 - 06 Aug 06 20:27 Re: TV Show in Indo?? Something about a tourist?
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
you don't mean "turis mendadak", that often stars our very own Piss Salon?

yes, it's a stupid show smile

#29007 - 06 Aug 06 20:42 Re: TV Show in Indo?? Something about a tourist?
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
Maybe....
This new neighbour said that my indonesian was the same as the dutch actress on that show-he caled it punky which I guess it means funky.??In english he said. But he was really laughing at my indo..eh its not that bad lah! He was laughing at my slang and then formal words( bad bad habit I have to correct)
Im just trying to work out whether I am kind of like manuel in fawlty towers or not laugh laugh

..take only what you need..

#29008 - 07 Aug 06 03:58 Re: TV Show in Indo?? Something about a tourist?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
ena babe, when i was back in bali a month ago i watched "bule masuk kampung' i think..
and the other show i don't remember the name but it was showing bule students from UI jakarta "jualan martabak" kaki lima at blok m. it was funny though...these boys were messed up all of those eggs and didn't know how to make the martabak correctly. one of the boys got frustrated and gave up!..

#29009 - 07 Aug 06 07:18 Re: TV Show in Indo?? Something about a tourist?
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
"turis dadakan" on TV7, perhaps??? Kuku, Piss Salon isn't on any tv shows.

#29010 - 07 Aug 06 11:46 Re: TV Show in Indo?? Something about a tourist?
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
yups ena, that's the TV show on TV7, "turis dadakan..every thursday 19.30" the preseter is Benyamin, if I'm not mistaken he's american and he's one of the actor that supported "sinetron Jalan Jaksa", one time ago...
and here are I took from www.tv7.co.id/realtyshow/turisdadakan

Dalam rangka membuat suatu tayangan yang berbeda dan bernilai positif, TV7 memperkenalkan satu program baru Turis Dadakan (TD). Tayangan reality show yang ingin mengenalkan daerah pariwisata Indonesia ini dikemas secara menarik, fun dan enjoy. TD akan mengajak segelintir orang yang sulit mendapat kesempatan untuk berjalan-jalan ke luar kota seperti Manado, Padang, Bali, Yogyakarta, Sulawesi, dsb.
Peserta yang dicari adalah mereka yang telah ditemui tim TD dan mau diajak jalan-jalan selama satu hari satu malam tanpa membawa persiapan sama sekali. Kesempatan yang diberikan hanyalah untuk memberitahu orang terdekat bahwa dirinya akan pergi kesatu tempat selama masa yang telah ditentukan. Setelah peserta setuju untuk ikut jalan-jalan, maka sudah menunggu petualangan-petualangan seru yang belum pernah mereka rasakan di lokasi wisata yang dituju.
Berdurasi 30 menit, TD akan menampilkan presenter bule yang energik, berjiwa petualangan, humoris dan memiliki karakter layaknya seorang traveler yang hobi jalan-jalan dan mampu membangun minat peserta untuk berani menerima tantangan bersama tim TD.
Seseorang yang ingin bepergian ke luar kota pasti telah memiliki perencanaan yang matang. Apa rasanya jika diajak pergi ke suatu tempat wisata di luar kota tanpa persiapan dan secara mendadak

#29011 - 07 Aug 06 11:52 Re: TV Show in Indo?? Something about a tourist?
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:
you don't mean "turis mendadak", that often stars our very own Piss Salon?

yes, it's a stupid show smile

I think that's not a stupid show, as you told Kuku..
it's just the way to make somebody else happy..
smile

#29012 - 07 Aug 06 21:11 Re: TV Show in Indo?? Something about a tourist?
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
You cucoo or what Kuku? Never been on television mate. Where did you get that info from? I Have too much self respect.

In fact I met Ben during the weekend bender and started abusing him and a bunch of English teachers off to Tanggerang in a bus to recreate the Bali bombing. If any of you fine young fellows are reading this, please accept my apologies but my point stands that you are being exploited by a PR company who wish to portray Indonesia as a country free of any terrorist threat, when that is quite clearly not the case.

Can you imagine anything worse than an Indonesia version of the events behind the Bali bombing?

PS The other presenter of the show is Jaksa local Jason. He will be miffed that Ben is getting all the publicity here.

#29013 - 07 Aug 06 21:16 Re: TV Show in Indo?? Something about a tourist?
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quote:
Originally posted by Piss Salon:
You cucoo or what Kuku? Never been on television mate. Where did you get that info from? I Have too much self respect.
really?

i mean, really??!

#29014 - 07 Aug 06 21:20 Re: TV Show in Indo?? Something about a tourist?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Sounds like a hell of a show (not)

And on the subject of Enlgish teachers:

Aussie nabbed for child sex
From correspondents in Jakarta
August 07, 2006
POLICE in the Indonesian capital said today they had arrested an Australian man for allegedly committing pedophile crimes with more than 50 children.
The 48-year-old Australian, named by police only as Peter, was arrested in his rented house in Jakarta on Saturday after police received reports from two children who fled his house, said police spokesman I Ketut Untung Yoga Ana.

He said the Jakarta-based English teacher allegedly had molested more than 50 Indonesian street children since moving to the country in 2000.

”We believe that he has also molested children in Vietnam and Cambodia,” he said.

He said the Jakarta Centre for Street Children also had filed a complaint over the Australian's alleged abuse.

Andri Cahyadi, a worker with the centre, said the man allegedly had sold movies depicting masturbating teenagers on the internet, the Detikcom online news reported.

Indonesia, particularly two of its top resort islands of Bali and Lombok, is increasingly being used as a haven by foreign paedophiles and child sex networks.

A former Australian diplomat hanged himself in his cell in 2004 after he was jailed for 13 years on child sex offences.

#29015 - 07 Aug 06 21:22 Re: TV Show in Indo?? Something about a tourist?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

An Australian teaching English is like an Orang-Utang teaching gynaecology (they go through the motions but have no idea what they are doing).

English – bastardised by half the world for 100 years.

#29016 - 08 Aug 06 12:46 Re: TV Show in Indo?? Something about a tourist?
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
I am trying to picture an orangutan going through the motions of teaching gynaecology and getting strangely aroused.

Sloppy 'journalism' this: "Indonesia, particularly two of its top resort islands of Bali and Lombok, is increasingly being used as a haven by foreign paedophiles and child sex networks."

I don't think it's accurate -- they don't attribute it for a start -- but Bali, Lombok, in fact any developing nation, has always had this problem. If there is a spike it will be the fact that tolerance is lessening as local NGOs become more empowered. Policing might even be getting better.

There are a number of pedophiles running around Jakarta and I guarantee their embassies are well aware of their activities but don't have the will or resources to do anything about it.

I am pretty sure this guy is the famed "peterphile" who was recently sacked from one of Jakarta's top international schools, but far from this school warning others about his activities didn't, allowing him to continue teaching elsewhere, thus endangering other children.

Yes K4, an Indonesian version of the Bali bombings with the point, one of the Indos told me, to show that Indonesia "is safe". How accurate it is I am unsure but I made a bit of a fool of myself protesting the point by boarding a bus full of bule extras. At the very least, I hope I provided light entertainment.

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop