Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 171 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
January
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105296 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
Hot Donald
A large, fresh dump.
Do you mind if I use your restroom? I'm about to have a Hot Donald.
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28989 - 31 Jul 06 20:59 Isreal criticizes JP
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
MIDDLE EAST: ISRAELI AMBASSADOR CRITICIZES INDONESIAN DAILY

Jakarta, 28 July (AKI) - Israeli's ambassador to Singapore, Ilan Ben-Dov has harshly criticized the Indonesian daily 'The Jakarta Post' for running an editorial against Tel Aviv's role in the Middle East.

The editorial 'Stirring trouble' published on 17 July said that "Israel's anger over the capture of its soldiers is understandable. But to respond with what in effect amounts to state-sponsored terrorism makes Israel as baleful as any sinister regime they claim to be fighting against." On Friday, Ben-Dov said Israel was acting in self-defence.

The current crisis was not only due to the kidnap of two Israeli soldiers by Hezbollah but also to the constant rocket attacks from the Lebanon-based Shiite militia against Israeli cities near the border with Lebanon, Ben-Dov said.

"This unbalanced approach in your analysis can only ignite more hatred and more prejudice against the state of Israel," the ambassador wrote in a letter to The Jakarta Post.

In its editorial, The Jakarta Post had also written that "if Israel ever needs to ask again why Indonesia is reluctant to open formal ties with it, it only has to look in the mirror and reflect on its recent actions."

Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim country, has always refused to entertain diplomatic relations with Israel.

Promotion
Firefox 2: Rediscover the Web
#28990 - 31 Jul 06 21:19 Re: Isreal criticizes JP
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Not only the JP. The Israel embassy have complained about political bias in a childrens news report on the crisis.....

#28991 - 01 Aug 06 01:10 Re: Isreal criticizes JP
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I fully agree with the Ambassador that that editorial was beyond the pale and showed, beyond any doubt, the JP/Indonesia bias, lack of professionalism, lack of journalistic integrity, anti-Jewry, and, of course, the old "our team" must be defended regardless of truth, fact or the need for honesty. It really sums up a lot of the problems with the all of the local press.

#28992 - 01 Aug 06 16:12 Re: Isreal criticizes JP
Patung Offline
Member++

Loc: Indonesia
Antara takes the cake for anti-Israeli bias, no wait Detiknews is worse, but you'd kind of hope the state news agency would at least *try* to be neutral.

#28993 - 01 Aug 06 19:45 Re: Isreal criticizes JP
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

A classic example of Truth, Reality and Perception…

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website