Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 199 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105287 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
are
For people who don't know the word "our"
My friend and I heard Sugar Ray on the way to a party. It made are night.
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28715 - 20 Apr 06 08:54 ANT/Indonesian journalists still far from professional
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Apr 20 00:34
Indonesian journalists still far from professional

Makassar, S Sulawesi (Antara News) - Indonesian journalists are still far from profesional, so that the Press Council should be strengthened into an institution to supervise and improve their skills.

"Journalists in this country are still far from profesional. There`s no check and recheck, always in a hurry in making a news story, lack of knowledge, emotional, especially that they cannot be touched by the law, imnmature, and are unable to make an analysis," media expert Prof.Dr. Hafid Changara, who is also Dean of Political and Social Sciences School of the Hasanudin University, said here on Wednesday.

He hoped that in the future the Press Council would have power enough to supervise, arrange and encourage the Indonesian press to be more profesional, and uphold the codes of ethics of journalists.

"The Indonesian press doesn`t want a new Information Ministry in handling and dealing with the national press, so that the Press Council should strengthen its functions," Hafid said.(*)

Promotion
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business and Management services
#28716 - 20 Apr 06 08:56 Re: ANT/Indonesian journalists still far from professional
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
they'd be even more professional if they could spell the word.

"b4 i cud not even spel journalist, but now i is one!"

#28717 - 20 Apr 06 13:34 Re: ANT/Indonesian journalists still far from professional
Patung Offline
Member++

Loc: Indonesia
When following stories in the papers here it's astonishing how often the facts of stories change from day to day, report to report. Simple things like how old someone is, or important things, like whether the bomb was thrown from a car or left in a bag under a table.

#28718 - 20 Apr 06 16:04 Re: ANT/Indonesian journalists still far from professional
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
From long before was said that the Indonesian press had not been professional and always “kebablasan”.
And apparently the press council did not function completely..

Necessarily, as “watch dog” for the community, perss in other words the mass media, must be wiser in carrying the news…the 5 W + 1 H must clear, just did not pursue carried or pursued the circulation

As the layman, I saw that the press in Indonesia will be difficult to become professional, although being available, that only insignificant parts of the press in Indonesia…Because occasionally the press in Indonesia more gave priority to the business.

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website