Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 173 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13366 Topics
105283 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
baby in the closet
When a woman is pregnant and is keeping it a secret.
Don't tell anybody, but I swear Elena's got a baby in the closet.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28441 - 07 Jan 06 08:58 Puff of Smoke...
dee Offline
Member+

Loc: Jakarta
The new law that already ratified by the governor of Jakarta, Sutiyoso, has its own pros and cons.. The new law, whereas demanded property management companies are to provide special smoking areas and smoking in enclosed public, including public transportation, is to be banned.. Any violators could face up Rp.50,000,000.. This new law, which already introduced in February last year in order to to allow administration enough time to inform smokers of the news, in my opinion is pretty good for Indonesia, especially Jakarta.. The hope to become the one of the nicest capital in the world is starting to arrise, whereas Jakarta is trying to equal its city with Singapore as on of the cleanest city in South East Asia.. However the new law are faced with its 'rock', whereas the smokers are objected the rule.. The reason they felt objected is the law is to soon and its hard to be implemented in Jakarta, whereas almost half of the Jakarta's residence are smokers.. They also thought 'Freedom need expensive commodity'..

Well, what do you think about that ? Do you agree with the new regulation that separate between smoker and non-smoker? Please Speak Your Mind..

Promotion
Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings
#28442 - 07 Jan 06 12:18 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Loc: Surabaya
Why must the Indonesian government always be so greedy Rp.50,000,000.. fine is redicules. This should be also graduly grow trough out the years. Why start with this large sum.

Rp.50,000,000. I heard that one before recently.

So soon the price of a single cigarette could be as much as the price of an Indonesian wife.

Indonesia government is planning to PIMP their own female citizens to foreigners, did you already know?

#28443 - 07 Jan 06 13:11 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by dee:
The hope to become the one of the nicest capital in the world is starting to arrise, whereas Jakarta is trying to equal its city with Singapore as on of the cleanest city in South East Asia..
I love Jakarta with all of my heart, even with its polution and traffic. But i also love the people of Jakarta. If you try to clean up the city the poorer people will suffer.

DONT go the way the west has.

Ciggarettes in the West are highly taxed. the government say it is to discourage smoking, but of course the government are more additcted to the tax money than the smokers are addicted to ciggarettes!!

The next move will be increased car/motorbike taxes, suposedly to discourage people from using them. But the government doesnt spend the money on public transport - it spends it on fat public servants salaries.

to give you example of how awful it is in Australia.

If I buy an imported "luxury car" (say a BMW) I pay 25% LUXURY CAR TAX. I also pay 10% GST on the purchase. On top of all of this - i pay 10% import duty. so in the case of a nice BMW a staggering 45% of what I pay goes to the government.

Even worse - I am on the top tax bracket, so I pay 47% income tax plus 2.5% medical levy. This is on earned income. So the cost to me of a 100,000 BMW is a staggering $400,000 - of which an ASTOUNDING $300,000 goes to a fat uselss govenment who squander my money.

DO NOT LET INDONESIA GO THIS WAY!!!!!!!!

#28444 - 07 Jan 06 22:12 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quote:
The new law that already ratified by the governor of Jakarta, Sutiyoso, has its own pros and cons.. The new law, whereas demanded property management companies are to provide special smoking areas and smoking in enclosed public, including public transportation, is to be banned.. Any violators could face up Rp.50,000,000.. This new law, which already introduced in February last year in order to to allow administration enough time to inform smokers of the news, in my opinion is pretty good for Indonesia, especially Jakarta.. The hope to become the one of the nicest capital in the world is starting to arrise, whereas Jakarta is trying to equal its city with Singapore as on of the cleanest city in South East Asia.. However the new law are faced with its 'rock', whereas the smokers are objected the rule.. The reason they felt objected is the law is to soon and its hard to be implemented in Jakarta, whereas almost half of the Jakarta's residence are smokers.. They also thought 'Freedom need expensive commodity'..

Well, what do you think about that ? Do you agree with the new regulation that separate between smoker and non-smoker? Please Speak Your Mind..
nice topic dee... wink I'm smoker... wink
well, everybody knows that smoking is dangerous to our healthy. if you're a male smoker, the statement will stop right there, people are worried about your being a smoker because of health reasons, if you're a female smoker, thing will be far more complicated; your being a smoker is against the values and norms of the community...

Im passive smoker.., i'm against smoking! smoking causes many kinds of diseases, not only to the smokers themselves but also to the people around them, some smokers are irresponsibe because they annoy other people who don't smoke. smoking is also westing money..therefore, I really wish that one day all people would stop smoking so we could breathe fresh air all the time... smile

#28445 - 07 Jan 06 22:57 Re: Puff of Smoke...
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
cigarettes are simply disgusting. women who smoke smell absolutely rank. men who smoke are drug dependent weaklings who aren't man enough to give up.

(needless to say, KuKu does not smoke wink )

#28446 - 08 Jan 06 08:12 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

LOL - I cannot believe you guys.

Dont worry about smoking in Jakarta!!!!!

your chances of living long enough to get chest cancer are pretty minimal. You will be dead long before from:

Infections and cancers caused by your HUGE polution problems.

Run over by your lunatic drivers.

Blown up by religious fanatics.

Drown cos you dont put in drainage.

Starve cos you have no social assistance systems.

Worrying about smoking is like worrying about getting heat stroke on the Titanic.

#28447 - 09 Jan 06 06:54 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:
cigarettes are simply disgusting. women who smoke smell absolutely rank. men who smoke are drug dependent weaklings who aren't man enough to give up.

I smoked for years... I quit smoking about 4 weeks ago. Got real restless, angry and agitated over the last few weeks. Been bitch-slapping WilliamShaw a lot (sorry William).

I asked my coworkers to give me a temporary "grumpy" license. However, in a couple of weeks I will be back in Surabaya. Things will be different then. No "grumpy" license anymore because Indonesian men take their smoking really seriously.

I hope I'm "man enough" laugh and stay smoke free. wink

#28448 - 09 Jan 06 08:23 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by Risad Gir:
Quote:

I hope I'm "man enough" laugh and stay smoke free. wink
well, good luck. only time will tell if you have what it takes to call yourself a man.

wink

#28449 - 09 Jan 06 11:45 Re: Puff of Smoke...
dee Offline
Member+

I hope I'm "man enough" laugh and stay smoke free. wink [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yeah Good Luck for you Risad.. Try to take control of yourself from the temptation of the smell of "kretek" (kind of smoke that normally used by Indonesian).. I heard the smell is pretty strong, especially for those smokers.
Hopefully you're stay strong and not get tempted so that you could stay smoke free once you're in Indonesia wink

#28450 - 09 Jan 06 16:03 Re: Puff of Smoke...
KuKuLutus Offline
Member+

I quit SMOKING long time ago laugh it's good for me, my wife n my child n the environtment ..... and also bcoz I'm sooo damn afraid of lung cancer....I wanna live long enough to see my baby gurl grow up .. laugh

#28451 - 09 Jan 06 16:25 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

How do you call that thing in your mouth then?...you sucking it every few seconds confused

Ahhhh must be an old avatar then..

#28452 - 09 Jan 06 20:41 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
How do you call that thing in your mouth then?...you sucking it every few seconds confused
You asking William again????

#28453 - 09 Jan 06 22:35 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Sooo funny... he he he he he laugh

#28454 - 10 Jan 06 12:03 Re: Puff of Smoke...
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
Quote:
OoHhhh...I LOVE..LOVE kissing NON smoker guy! wink
and..sorry smokers..I don't kiss you!!!
(lick JakGirl<--- non smokers only)

#28455 - 10 Jan 06 16:21 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by JakGirl:
Quote:
OoHhhh...I LOVE..LOVE kissing NON smoker guy! wink
and..sorry smokers..I don't kiss you!!!
(lick JakGirl<--- non smokers only)
have i happened to mention that i don't smoke, jakgal?? just in case i forgot to note it.

#28456 - 10 Jan 06 18:09 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Girls tend not to smoke with the lips that I kiss.

On the other hand, one girl in Bangkok managed to smoke my entire cigar without putting it near her mouth :-)

#28457 - 10 Jan 06 20:11 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

talking..about smoking...
guys..do you like with the puffing gals...???
coz as far as I knew there too many of them...
smoking with any kind of cgrt...
wink

#28458 - 10 Jan 06 20:22 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Donít you like smoking big cigar JokGirl? Maybe you prefer like Monica Lewinsky in the pus pus... wink

#28459 - 10 Jan 06 20:32 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quote:
Donít you like smoking big cigar JokGirl? Maybe you prefer like Monica Lewinsky in the pus pus... wink
hmmm..next I'll change my name become Monica Lewinsky for Indonesia... laugh laugh

#28460 - 11 Jan 06 05:41 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I like a 9 inch partagas, wrapped on a virgins thigh...........

#28461 - 11 Jan 06 10:13 Re: Puff of Smoke...
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Kuku wrote: [/qb][/QUOTE]have i happened to mention that i don't smoke, jakgal?? just in case i forgot to note it. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Aduuh..Kuku sayang, that's why I wrote this to you---> OoHhhh...I LOVE..LOVE kissing NON smoker guy! wink and this--> (lick JakGirl<--- non smokers only)

And this is for RG and kawan-kawan --> "sorry smokers..I don't kiss you!!!"
Now, its up to you Kuku, are you gonna gimme a kiss back or not?

#28462 - 11 Jan 06 13:25 Re: Puff of Smoke...
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Quote:
Do you read them post or just browse them?... laugh I said I've quit smoking 4 weeks ago. So how many years before you would consider me clean enough to kiss you? :p

#28463 - 11 Jan 06 13:41 Re: Puff of Smoke...
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
YES, absoulutely agree! smokers need to get out of the room when smoking! its nasty! I have two brothers one of them is a nasty smoker, he is just like a train. I fought all the time with him, coz he smokes inside the house! He kills every body near him. Very ignorant! I often threw him out and locked the door.

#28464 - 11 Jan 06 13:46 Re: Puff of Smoke...
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Quote:
Do you read them post or just browse them?... laugh I said I've quit smoking 4 weeks ago. So how many years before you would consider me clean enough to kiss you? :p
Hey..you quit smoking? 4 weeks erned my kiss, maaf sayang..selamat dong! I hope tomorrow still quit..hehe!

#28465 - 12 Jan 06 08:07 Re: Puff of Smoke...
dee Offline
Member+

Quote:
Quote:
YES, absoulutely agree! smokers need to get out of the room when smoking! its nasty! I have two brothers one of them is a nasty smoker, he is just like a train. I fought all the time with him, coz he smokes inside the house! He kills every body near him. Very ignorant! I often threw him out and locked the door.
My brother also a smoker and he's often to smoke in da house and so is my father.. however since I already get used to it (my father smoke eversince I was a child) I tend to let it go, but nowadays I often being disturbed with its smoke..Its unhealthy and seems to made the house fell dirty.. I never got the courage to asked my brother to smoke outside da house.. I guess you really brave girl.. JakGirl had her own boundaries and principle.. Good for You Gal.. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website