Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105287 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
Laughterwards
A TV show, Film or situation that was not really funny or marginally funny that for whatever reason is much funnier aftwrwards.
You have to watch Portlandia, but it's a laughterwards, so just give it a chance to kick in.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#27519 - 06 Nov 05 19:44 Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
zelebica_papillon Offline

Loc: Jakarta
DEAR JAKSA'S BUSINESSMEN,
PLS CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY BUSINESS PLANS IN INDONESIA.
TQ,
BAMBANG IRAWAN

Promotion
Firefox 2: Rediscover the Web
#27520 - 06 Nov 05 20:54 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
do you mean, plans that involve giving you money?

AND COULD YOU FIX YOUR CAPS-LOCK KEY; IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING, WHICH IS NOT POLITE wink

#27521 - 07 Nov 05 04:52 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
NewCBD Offline

Loc: Jaksel
lol. kukukachu that is an incredibly funny post. Any "businessmen" feeling they have business plans would be best doing their own research into the Indonesian legal and financial systems before taking the plunge.

#27522 - 07 Nov 05 18:03 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by NewCBD:
Any "businessmen" feeling they have business plans would be best doing their own research into the Indonesian legal and financial systems before taking the plunge.
indeed they should. unfortunately, too many westerners fall victim to the line that they "need" an indonesian "partner", and they end up being treated like mushrooms (kept in dark, fed bullshit...) and losing all their money.

not that i attribite any bad motivation to bambang, but the way he worded his post could perhaps have been better.

#27523 - 09 Nov 05 12:12 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
nice_girl Offline
Member++

Loc: Central Jakarta
you think, take an indonesian partener is'n very good, kuku...kachu????

#27524 - 09 Nov 05 14:02 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
sonya_tea Offline
Member+

Loc: Bandung
Lin..Lin..loe tu yee kebaisaan, kalo ga ngerti apa yang dibahas forum, bok ya ga usah nimbrung gitu lho!!!
sepertinya pembicaraan di topic kali ini pembicaraan orng-orang besar nehhh....
maksudnya segede gajah gitu lho...he..he..he..

peace

#27525 - 09 Nov 05 16:04 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
ivands Offline
Member+

good advise sonya, hope she is not showing that she is just a barbie doll.

#27526 - 09 Nov 05 16:17 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
nice_girl Offline
Member++

emang loe ngerti mereka ngebahas apa? terus buat loe Vand don't ever say tha. because you dont know me yet!!!

#27527 - 09 Nov 05 16:21 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
ivands Offline
Member+

at least from your posting you are trying to show who you are...

#27528 - 09 Nov 05 16:38 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by Lina:
you think, take an indonesian partener is'n very good, kuku...kachu????
Well, I'm prejudiced I guess. I've seen far too many foreign companies in Indonesia get into trouble just because they got involved with an Indonesian "with connections" or who is "really western" or who "can really be trusted".

In my opinion, business partnerships of any kind should be a last resort. Where at all possible, foreigners should set up their own companies that are fully 100% owned, without interference from so-called "local partners", who usually just end up ripping off foreigners.

The best way for a foreign company to work together with Indonesians -- people or companies -- is through long-term, performance-based contracts, not so-called joint ventures. Performance-based contracts keep everybody honest, including the foreign company.

So, for foreign companies in Indonesia, the key word should always be "kerja sama" (cooperation), not "joint venture".

#27529 - 09 Nov 05 16:44 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
nice_girl Offline
Member++

thank Kuku...kachu...

so, may be I've prepare if sometimes I wanna make cooperation with Indonesian, even gue juga orang indonesia sekaleee

#27530 - 10 Nov 05 15:49 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
ivands Offline
Member+

In my opinion, business partnerships of any kind should be a last resort. Where at all possible, foreigners should set up their own companies that are fully 100% owned, without interference from so-called "local partners", who usually just end up ripping off foreigners.
===
ku khu, i guess it goes to each and every business partnership, one must really know the partner or else just do the business with own money and resources, it is not about local or foreigner, but its a human nature my friend.

You can read that a partnership between indonesian can also face the similar situation between foreigner and indoensia.

I totally agree with you saying that its better be a cooperation rather than joint venture, or its rather be a clear relationship like one do the manufacturing and another is the agent of the transporter. But of course some joint venture are will doint quite ok mainly because both parties are quite clear i.e. have a written documents on what and who to manage in the join venture business and both parties have the same good willing to build a fair business, not a mama fufu business or one wants to rob the other.

Can you just imagine, how Freport rob this country and how they do the business in irian... take the gold, uranium, silver and copper but just pay peanuts and bribe some of the high officeial , of course its just rumors, but you know, rule of tombs in this land, half of the rumors is true, sometimes more i guess. smile

so, its not about local or foreigner, but its about the intention of one in doing business, and mostly none of the business man thing about really, sincerely give a good contribution to the community, rather, make profits and just enjoy....

cheers

i

#27531 - 10 Nov 05 17:01 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
nice_girl Offline
Member++

ok dehhh...atur ajalah!!!

#27532 - 10 Nov 05 21:09 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by ivands:
ku khu, i guess it goes to each and every business partnership, one must really know the partner or else just do the business with own money and resources, it is not about local or foreigner, but its a human nature my friend.

You can read that a partnership between indonesian can also face the similar situation between foreigner and indoensia.
Well, that was really my point. business partnerships that involve setting up a single company nearly always have problems, no matter if the partners are indonesian or not.

and most western business people already know this. but when they come to indonesia, they have this idea -- probably got in a bar or from this "really well-connected indo guy i know" -- that they have to have an indonesian partner! whereas in fact, the investment laws here generally have no such requirement.

formal or informal cooperative arrangements between wholly-owned companies are always much more successful.

#27533 - 11 Nov 05 10:19 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
ivands Offline
Member+

and most western business people already know this. but when they come to indonesia, they have this idea -- probably got in a bar or from this "really well-connected indo guy i know" -- that they have to have an indonesian partner! whereas in fact, the investment laws here generally have no such requirement.
===
I can guess that smile , a bar chat, hehehe that kind of a meeting oftenly being missinterpreted or bias coz when the liquor is up to the head every one are good friends and every girls will have one grade higher smile , but actually for a real gentlemen its not really a matter, the intention always must be good, but again a crook is always a crook and none should trust them.

Cheers kuku, have a nice life and nice week end.
ivan ds

#27534 - 13 Nov 05 23:50 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
GlueToMusic Offline

Loc: Amsterdam
Check the chamber of commerce and do not trust anybody

#27535 - 14 Nov 05 07:24 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
gigalo Offline
Member+

chamber of commerce (KADIN)? are you crazy man? they are the biggest most untrustworthy theives in indonesia. they are leftovers from the New Order regime. trust only yourself! wink

#27536 - 14 Nov 05 13:20 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
ivands Offline
Member+

normally the foreign investor will contact the Business Consultant such as McKenzy or Price Waterhouse Coopers, Earnst and Young , Deloitte... and others on the detail information on those things, rarely will contact Kadin, but I believe some also do that.... smile the impact perhaps noted by gigalo already, but I guess some make it, still...

#27537 - 14 Nov 05 13:28 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
gigalo Offline
Member+

Quote:
Originally posted by ivands:
normally the foreign investor will contact the Business Consultant such as McKenzy or Price Waterhouse Coopers, Earnst and Young , Deloitte...
or if they're real smart (or lucky) they'll contact okusi and save a shitload of money and get the job done right at the same time! wink

pwc are complete ripoffs, as are deloitte. they seem to think that just because foreign investors come to indonesia they are completely stupid.

hmmm. maybe they have a point ...

#27538 - 14 Nov 05 16:46 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business

DEAR ALL,
PLS STAY COOL.
TKS FOR YOUR OPINIONS, BUT I AM SURPRISING IF THE TOPIC IS SPREADING OUT FROM THE REAL POINT.
BTW, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS YOUR OWN COMMENTS.
TKS,
BAMBANG IRAWAN

#27539 - 14 Nov 05 16:54 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
Pooh Bah

hey, welcome back, bambang ... long time no drop in! i don't think things here are "spreading out" too far from the main point, which is foreign investment. and don't take anything here too personally wink

#27540 - 16 Nov 05 04:05 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business

Hi, KuKuKaChu ,
Tks 4 ur direct response.
Yes,really I was surprising coz I didn't open my computer during Ied holidays,then there were full with funy comments of my first posting.
But, it is a good experience for me.
I think the foreigners are not so stupid to give me money without any reasons?
I am so interested to meet you later on.
OK?
Tks again,
Bambang Irawan

#27541 - 16 Nov 05 12:52 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

hi all,

hm, PWC, deloitte, etc.. or any big Law Firm such as HHP (hadi Putranto) , SSEK.. it's to expensive cause they will charged u in USD !! while they employ indonesian lawyer paid not in USD- i have been in that situation--

well, how about meet me hehehhe. u can get any legal advice ..

cheers

#27542 - 16 Nov 05 16:42 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
M.D.S Offline

Hello everyone,

I've been in huge law firm in Indonesia before, at the present Im joining one of most famous Indonesian lawyer namely Mr.Luhut Pangaribuan.

If any businessman here considering to establish any business entity or engaging in business activities in Indonesia, it is advisable for you to contact me.

well here i'm also promoting my self and my business, btw D_Q I Must Remind You, if you dont have any advocate licensed to produce legal advice,you will be sentenced in jail for 5 years or fined for 50.000.000.000 rupiahs according to article 31 Law no 18 of 2003.

Well just dropping by to say Hi actually, but kind of feeling Insulted when someone is making fun of my profession....

But keep smiling guys....tx

#27543 - 16 Nov 05 17:01 Re: Any Jaksa's foreigners for doing business
cherry Offline
Member**

Loc: Indonesia
hopefuly you find what are looking for here....
and weelcome....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website