Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 199 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105287 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
are
For people who don't know the word "our"
My friend and I heard Sugar Ray on the way to a party. It made are night.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25472 - 07 Jan 06 10:59 interactive bahasa course
airwire Offline
Member+

Loc: PL
Hello...
Did anyone try to learn bahasa from any interactive course? (CD or online)...could you recommend something? which one is the best in your opinion?
Thanks a lot for help...

BR

Promotion
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business and Management services
#25473 - 07 Jan 06 11:24 Re: interactive bahasa course
dee Offline
Member+

Loc: Jakarta
Well airwire, i guess the best way for you to learn "Bahasa" is to get a CD or maybe via online.. You could try to find the cd in Gramedia Bookstore.. However maybe you could try to learn "bahasa" from the local tv, maybe cartoon that dubbed in "bahasa" or other shows in local tv.. Good Luck wink and Viel Spass

#25474 - 07 Jan 06 11:42 Re: interactive bahasa course
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Loc: Surabaya
The best way is of course to be in Indonesia your self. For the rest do like I did. Get your hands on anything you can get.

Buy Indonesian books, music, western films with Indonesian subtitles, Indonesian films no subtitles, record news items when you are in Indonesia, documentaries, buy Language courses (several), buy news papers overseas. I even drank 10 boxes of DanCow (some local chocolate milkshake drink) form Nestle to get their complete cartoon series "Putar ini dan kau pun pintar" for children. I loved them.

Donít hang around in the pub to much! These girls are not interesting in teaching you anything. laugh

#25475 - 07 Jan 06 11:46 Re: interactive bahasa course
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

You could get an Indonesian GF. Problem is all you learn is:

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

#25476 - 07 Jan 06 11:56 Re: interactive bahasa course
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quote:
Originally posted by airwire:
Hello...
Did anyone try to learn bahasa from any interactive course? (CD or online)...could you recommend something? which one is the best in your opinion?
Thanks a lot for help...

BR
hi aw, long times not see..lately I miss your PM..
why you stop it..
may be you can join to religion topic..hopefully you'l find as you asked me by pm.. wink

welcome any more...

#25477 - 07 Jan 06 23:37 Re: interactive bahasa course
airwire Offline
Member+

Hi all

Of course the best way will be to be in indonesia, but now its not possible. Im far away even from my country:)...and i could not go to indonesia next few months...but i want to learn some bahasa first, before i (maybe) move to indonesia. i am asking maybe somebady already was using some interactive course and could recommend one. i found few different on CDs but dont know which one is the best...

POLAR BEAR:
I've got one Indonesian GF and she taught me more than this...this one waht u quoted is international i guess:)...i want to learn real bahasa:)

JOKGIRL:
I didnt read this topic about religion yet...last time i was traveling a lot and dint have time and occasion to enter JakChat

Regards to all

#25478 - 07 Jan 06 23:58 Re: interactive bahasa course
airwire Offline
Member+

JOKGIRL
i read that topic about religion but you guys agian move from serious topic to sex...i have feeling that everything here is about sex:)

#25479 - 08 Jan 06 06:38 Re: interactive bahasa course
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Maybe you can try this one.

http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/indonesian/

Use this dictonary http://www.kamus.net

BTW, from what country are you?

I have lots of learning material. Are you Dutch?

Please PM me... If you really serious in learning bahasa Indonesia, I can let you download some material from my FTP server.

#25480 - 08 Jan 06 07:20 Re: interactive bahasa course
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
I was amazed by Richard Gere smile I thought I was speaking with Indo guy. RG speaks fluent Indo including "jorok" words in Indo accent. Dammn..!
The best way for airwire is come and stay in Indo for few months, take a class and hangout with local people. But, Bahasa Indonesia is very easy to learn...good luck!

#25481 - 08 Jan 06 07:55 Re: interactive bahasa course
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Stop it darling!... I was just playing a tape recording. wink

#25482 - 08 Jan 06 07:59 Re: interactive bahasa course
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
waaww...my honey tricked me! so who was it?? is he single?? he has sexy voice wink

#25483 - 08 Jan 06 08:19 Re: interactive bahasa course
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

What is the history of Indonesain Language? Anyoner know....?

It seems pretty simple and still "developing". was it repressed under the Dutch? did they enforce the speaking of Dutch?

I guess I should look it up on the Net.

#25484 - 08 Jan 06 08:24 Re: interactive bahasa course
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

From the internet:

Bahasa Indonesia is a normative form of the Malay language, an Austronesian (or Malayo-Polynesian) language which had been used as a lingua franca in the Indonesian archipelago for centuries, and was elevated to the status of official language with the Indonesian declaration of independence in 1945, drawing inspiration from the Sumpah Pemuda (Youth's Oath) event in 1928. It is very similar to the official Malaysian form of the language. However it does differ from the Malaysian form in some ways, with differences in pronunciation and also in vocabulary, due in large part to the many Dutch words in the Indonesian vocabulary.

It is spoken as a mother tongue by only 7% of the population of Indonesia, but altogether almost 200 million people speak it, with varying degrees of proficiency. It is an essential means of communication in a region with more than 300 native languages, used for business and administrative purposes, at all levels of education and in all mass media.

However, most native Indonesian speakers would admit that the standard correct version of the language is hardly ever used in a normal daily conversation. One can read standard correct Indonesian in books and newspaper, or listen to it when watching the news on television, but few native Indonesian speakers use formally correct language in their daily conversations. While this is a phenomenon common to most languages in the world (for example, spoken English does not always correspond to written standards), the degree of "correctness" of spoken Indonesian (in terms of grammar and vocabulary) by comparison to its written form is noticeably low. This is due to the fact that most Indonesians prefer to mix their own local dialects (Javanese, Sundanese, Balinese, and even Chinese) with Indonesian when speaking, which results in the creation of various types of accented Indonesian, the very types that a foreigner is most likely to hear upon arriving in any Indonesian city or town. This phenomenon is exacerbated by the trendy use of slang, particularly in the cities. A classic example of a speaker of accented Indonesian is former president Soeharto, whose Javanese dialect came through whenever he delivered a speech.

The Dutch colonization left an imprint on the language that can be seen in words such as polisi (police), kualitas (quality), telepon (telephone), bis (bus), kopi (coffee), rokok (cigarette), universitas (university), kantor (office), wortel (carrot), wastafel (washbasin), and resleting (zipper). There are also some words derived from Portuguese (sabun, soap; meja, table; jendela, window; mentega, butter; tenda, tent, and gereja, church), Chinese (pisau, knife or dagger; loteng, [upper] floor), Hindi (kaca, mirror) and from Arabic (khusus, special; maaf, sorry; selamat ..., a greeting; kursi, chair). There are also words derived from Javanese (aku, I (informal), and its derivative form mengaku, confess).

#25485 - 08 Jan 06 08:30 Re: interactive bahasa course
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Many years ago I lied at a job interview, saying that i could speak French!!!!! I thought the French company would keep me in England. They didnt, and I started work a week later in Paris.

For the first week I didnt understand a thing. By Friday I knew enough to go to a supermarket and a bar. For a month my conversations were seriously limited. By the next month I had soem frinds who were helping me. Soon I had a GF.

Finally, the big test, I found myself thinking in French. I would get out of bed in a morning and think in French without thinking.

#25486 - 08 Jan 06 09:08 Re: interactive bahasa course
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

My girlfriend hates me... because in bed, I talk dirty to her in Javanese. She finds it disgusting. If I talk the same in English she loves it. confused

#25487 - 08 Jan 06 10:49 Re: interactive bahasa course
airwire Offline
Member+

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Risad_Gir:

BTW, from what country are you?

Im from Poland, but currently im on contract in USA.
I know the best will be to hang out with indonesian peoples in indonesia..but unfortunetly now i cant move to there...but i hope sooner or lateri will be able to do that...
thanks for links and it will be great if you could grant me acces to your ftp server.

#25488 - 08 Jan 06 10:51 Re: interactive bahasa course
airwire Offline
Member+

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Polar Bear:
[QB] Many years ago I lied at a job interview, saying that i could speak French!!!!! I thought the French company would keep me in England. They didnt, and I started work a week later in Paris.

I wish my company will treat me the same way after I'll learn some bahasa from interactive course:))))

#25489 - 08 Jan 06 21:00 Re: interactive bahasa course
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

AirWire,

I even have a Polish-Indonesian Interactive on CD if you like... Check your PM..

Risad

#25490 - 08 Jan 06 21:39 Re: interactive bahasa course
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
RG, interesting new avatar ... does it have a significance?

#25491 - 08 Jan 06 21:46 Re: interactive bahasa course
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:
RG, interesting new avatar ... does it have a significance?
yup..its genuine and only girls can have the original. And Its working Kuku. laugh The Matrix screen made me dizzy.. BTW..watch out for that little spider.. it can be painful, itchy and cause redness and significant swelling. And thats wat mostly happens to the girls after I inject them with my venom. They have difficulty walking for a couple of days. Afterwards they always say.. ngak apa apa.. Sakit tapi euueeenaaakkk... more please!!! wink

#25492 - 09 Jan 06 00:15 Re: interactive bahasa course
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Airwire,

I already uploaded your Polish-Indonesian CD image. You can start downloading now. Download link is in your PM.

Have fun...

#25493 - 09 Jan 06 10:11 Re: interactive bahasa course
airwire Offline
Member+

Risad

I already downloaded...thanks a lot...i owe you big beer:)
it really work in polish:)...

Regards

#25494 - 09 Jan 06 10:20 Re: interactive bahasa course
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Good luck studying... Belajar rajin-rajin ya? wink

#25495 - 09 Jan 06 10:34 Re: interactive bahasa course
airwire Offline
Member+

Yeah, i'll study diligently:) since tommorow:P

#25496 - 09 Jan 06 14:56 Re: interactive bahasa course
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quote:
Originally posted by airwire:
Yeah, i'll study diligently:) since tommorow:P
wow.. so amazing aw.. smile
the all people here wanna help you to learn Indonesian...
that's very good! I salute with the all people here..you all very nice.. smile

cherss

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website