Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 171 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
January
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105296 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
Hot Donald
A large, fresh dump.
Do you mind if I use your restroom? I'm about to have a Hot Donald.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25135 - 14 Sep 06 22:54 Position Vacant
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Wanted: Replacement Polar Bear, last incumbent seemingly resigned! Requires bad temper and a penchant for Seal flavoured ayam! Applicants need to prove abaility to take no bullshit and a small modicum of humility! Nice Iceberg with minimal rent.

Please mark CV by PM to : DILLIGAF (Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck)

Promotion
Firefox 2: Rediscover the Web
#25136 - 15 Sep 06 07:56 Re: Position Vacant
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Loc: My
Noooo...I want him back frown

#25137 - 15 Sep 06 08:48 Re: Position Vacant
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quote:
Originally posted by rubyenda:
Noooo...I want him back frown
then tell him to come back! smile

he hasn't been banned! but i think it could be a good idea for him to say sorry to WD for reacting like he did. PB had a great opportunity yesterday to attack a current issue in western societies regarding photographs of children, but unfortunaltey he lost it! i for one would have really liked to have heard him talk about this issue, but his temper got the better of him!

anyway, rather than let him self-destruct, i "banned" him for a few minutes last night to give him time to (hopefully) reconsider his approach. smile

#25138 - 15 Sep 06 09:13 Re: Position Vacant
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Ok ic, wise Kuku smile

#25139 - 15 Sep 06 11:08 Re: Position Vacant
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

KuKu,

1. I repeatedly asked you to delete the photograph that WD found offensive, and/or to delete the entire thread. As you are well aware, deletion times are limited for posters, so I could NOT do it myself. You declined to do so, presumably so that I would argue on behalf of an issue you have opinions on. Had you have deleted the post on of this would have happened.

2. I took great offence at WDs attitude during the entire flame war. She starts out basically accusing me of paedophilia, and then makes a series of personal insults to me, accusing me of everything from being childish to being mentally unstable (which is a bit rich considering her attitude to a reasonable post. Her chance of getting an apology out of me are absolutely zero, because I did fuck all wrong. [personal abuse deleted]

3. The photo came off a web site discussing Indonesia photography, Everyone was commenting (on the other site) upon how beautiful her eyes were. I made no sexual comments about the girl whatsoever, only that she had typically beautiful Indramayu eyes. I did not, and do not, find this in any way offensive.

4. The girl appeared in a TV commercial, and thus was seen by MILLIONS of Indonesians. The shot was taken during the making of the commercial. I ask again – WHAT DID I DO WRONG??????

5. I will not be posting again. Banned or not. I don’t go online to be insulted. I have enjoyed chatting to people here, however this episode has really soured things.

6. Finally I ask that you remove the photograph.

#25140 - 15 Sep 06 11:26 Re: Position Vacant
Pooh Bah

as far as i was concerned, the photo was not in any way offensive, and neither were your comments and observations regarding it. thus, there was absolutely no wrong-doing on your part in relation to the initial post.

it was with great reluctance that i edited the photo (showing only the eyes), in the knowledge that there is an ongoing mass hysteria in the West at the moment concerning children and photos. WD and riccardo were perhaps just reflecting views that are in fact very common in the West these days. and if they commented, then there were probably lots of other people who felt the same. i happen not to agree with such views. i greatly regret that we are no longer able to openly discuss children without being accused of being paedophiles. but the fact remains, this discourse exists in the West and the hysteria that surrounds the issue cannot be ignored.

i read all the messages, and at no time did anyone accuse you of what you claim. i agree, however, that the implication was there, and you had the right to respond in your defence in a vigorous way. sadly, you responded in all the wrong ways.

personal abuse is not permitted on JakChat. if you feel that you have been personally abused in any post, and i have not already deleted it, then please let me know where it is.

so, in summary, your "offence" was not posting the photo. it was your response to people who disagreed with you about whether you should post such a photo.

i know for a fact that you could have a lot to say about issues of political correctness and the tyranny of the modern Puritanism in relation to this issue. that's what i want to hear.

#25141 - 15 Sep 06 11:48 Re: Position Vacant
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
PB, come on don't go..we all love you here frown

#25142 - 15 Sep 06 11:56 Re: Position Vacant
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:

i know for a fact that you could have a lot to say about issues of political correctness and the tyranny of the modern Puritanism in relation to this issue. that's what i want to hear.
This simply isn’t fair Kuku. You are basically saying – “you made a post that causes many members of the community to think that you are a paedophile. I want to watch the fun as you try to argue the case against political correctness and defend yourself”.

And you then tell me you don’t like the way I responded. You don’t get both choices in life Kuku. If you pick a fight in a bar you cannot then object when the victim fights dirty.

I cannot remove that photo. You could. You refused to do so, so that you can make some petty point. This is totally unfair, and not what I would have expected from you.

#25143 - 15 Sep 06 11:56 Re: Position Vacant
Balibob Offline
Member**

Loc: Bali
Let him go,.he is now looking for sympathy,...well if he looks in the dictionary he will find it somewhere between shit and syphillis.

Plenty more Polar bears where he came from ,....and maybe they are so not so childish laugh laugh laugh

(George Bernard Shaw)

#25144 - 15 Sep 06 12:08 Re: Position Vacant
Pooh Bah

nah. i like the polar bear we've got. even if he is a shithead sometimes smile

here's a photo of two of my children:

#25145 - 15 Sep 06 12:12 Re: Position Vacant
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quote:
Originally posted by Balibob:
Let him go,.he is now looking for sympathy,... NO BOOBBB, I NEVER LET HIM GO, I LOVE HIM HERE..I ALSO THINK IF WD NEVER LET HIM GO frown

well if he looks in the dictionary he will find it somewhere between shit and syphillis.

Plenty more Polar bears where he came from ,....and maybe they are so not so childish laugh laugh laugh

#25146 - 15 Sep 06 12:48 Re: Position Vacant
Pooh Bah

actually, JakChat does need assholes. smile and there is none better than PB. many people are reluctant to voice their feelings for fear of being ridiculed or condemned. PB isn't. the flip side is that people like our PB sometimes go over the top without even realising it.

the ursine marauder has his moments, and needs short periods of hibernation.

#25147 - 15 Sep 06 13:03 Re: Position Vacant
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Seems its ok to insult me, but I cant say a word about anyone else. A well balanced JakChat.

#25148 - 15 Sep 06 13:05 Re: Position Vacant
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

PB, what going on with you???
suddenly I didn't find your self smile

#25149 - 15 Sep 06 13:10 Re: Position Vacant
Balibob Offline
Member**

Loc: Bali
Whilst I agree with both Pb and you that he did nothing wrong with posting that picture,.he once again jusmped off the deepend when he got a little bit of critisism,....which is typical of him,.yup a long hibernation is what he requires so that he can get his shit together once again

(George Bernard Shaw)

#25150 - 15 Sep 06 13:14 Re: Position Vacant
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quote:
Originally posted by Balibob:
The Polar Bear just sent me a PM threatening me.

Quote:
Mate, I somwhow doubt you will have the balls to say that to my face, but on the next trip I will give you the chance. My money says you are a barbers cat - all wind and piss.
If that's the best he can do, then we better off without the asshole on JakChat.
I thought U couldn't get lower than a snakes belly,.I was wrong U can't get lower than bears belly.

Go back in hibernation PB,...as we don't need assholes like U on JakChat who always think they are right and the everyone else is wrong.
laugh laugh laugh
oh Gosh, and Now BB and PB, what going on with you guys...
there's no assholes except upyours
the one and only assholes here is shoot

#25151 - 15 Sep 06 13:24 Re: Position Vacant
Pooh Bah

in this case, it wasn't the criticism he got rather than the insinuation, which i agree could justify a strong reaction. IMO he made a bad choice in terms of how he responded. PB missed the target, which wasn't WD or riccardo, who were just representing commonly held views, but rather the whole issue of children and the ways we are now prohibited from talking about them.

#25152 - 15 Sep 06 13:29 Re: Position Vacant
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Oh guys, pls stop fighting frown

#25153 - 15 Sep 06 13:30 Re: Position Vacant
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Kuku, necessarily you as semar, must interceded between PB and WD...

#25154 - 15 Sep 06 13:33 Re: Position Vacant
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quote:
Originally posted by rubyenda:
Oh guys, pls stop fighting frown
understood plzz ruby, the all guys here got PMS, so sensitive !!

#25155 - 15 Sep 06 13:34 Re: Position Vacant
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by The One and Only Jokie Jokie Girl:
not a lot i can do when people paint themselves into corners.

#25156 - 15 Sep 06 14:10 Re: Position Vacant
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

We should make friends here

#25157 - 15 Sep 06 14:21 Re: Position Vacant
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Quote:
.... riccardo, who were just representing commonly held views,
For the record, I was just taking the piss, I don't know or care how old she was and was just wanting to use some of my newly discovered Brit slang "steady on". I don't represent anybody's commonly held views. BUT.. maybe it was a case of the context and associations. The references to boobs and other anatomical parts that preceeded the photo, as well as the fact that nearly all posts in these sections of JakChat move eventually to kinky sexual conquests and the like.

Had the context been different, there'd have been no negative association -- at least from me. So anyway, I sincerely apologize if I incited that riot in any way. WD and PB, now give each other a big juicy kiss and make up.

#25158 - 15 Sep 06 14:27 Re: Position Vacant
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by riccardo:
Quote:
.... riccardo, who were just representing commonly held views,
For the record, I was just taking the piss, I don't know or care how old she was and was just wanting to use some of my newly discovered Brit slang "steady on".
i think americans should be required to have a licence before being permitted to use british idioms in public.

#25159 - 15 Sep 06 14:38 Re: Position Vacant
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by The One and Only Jokie Jokie Girl:
not a lot i can do when people paint themselves into corners.
that's you Ku smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website