Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#23759 - 17 Jul 06 08:21 Help - need friends in Sydney!
indo_female Offline

Loc: sydney
G'day! (not so good weather tho)

I am very new here in Sydney and need some friends - male or female. Really don't know the area and actually miss Indonesia!

Was wondering if any of people here on JakChat from Sydney (city, suburbs, or outskirts) and wanna be my friend?

Thanks.

P.s I'm Indonesian and female :-)

#23760 - 17 Jul 06 08:41 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
Choc_Cow Offline
Member**

Loc: Di Puncak
Hi Indo_female.. welcome, i'll be your friend wink

i miss indonesia alot too.., it's normal to feel homesick when you've just arrived in a new country, try to keep yourself busy..

ps:the guy named Polar Bear lives in Sydney, and he's very friendly, i'm sure he can show you around (pulling PB's fur! wake up)

#23761 - 17 Jul 06 08:55 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
that's really bad advice about PB, chocbabe! smile

you know yourself he's a buaya darat in bear's clothing ...

#23762 - 17 Jul 06 08:56 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by indo_female:

I am very new here in Sydney and need some friends - male or female. Really don't know the area and actually miss Indonesia!

Was wondering if any of people here on JakChat from Sydney (city, suburbs, or outskirts) and wanna be my friend?

Thanks.

Call me 0410245342

#23763 - 17 Jul 06 08:59 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
indo_female Offline

Thanks Chocolatea and yang lain juga,

The first week here has been a bit too difficult with almost knowing anybody. Are people here easy to make friends with?

Haven't had time to get in and around the city - might be completely lost tho.

I'm looking to get to know people genuinely for friendships only, not more than that - otherwise someone will kill me haha.

#23764 - 17 Jul 06 09:04 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
Choc_Cow Offline
Member**

Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:
that's really bad advice about PB, chocbabe! smile

you know yourself he's a buaya darat in bear's clothing ...
Well.. it's a good advice kuku.. you know buaya darat's normally good with entertaining a girl, he will make her forget about her homesickness laugh

#23765 - 17 Jul 06 09:08 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
Choc_Cow Offline
Member**

Quote:
Thanks Chocolatea,

The first week here has been a bit too difficult with almost knowing anybody. Are people here easy to make friends with?

Haven't had time to get in and around the city - might be completely lost tho.
it's hard to say Indo.. everyone's different, some ppl are friendly some are not. But in general yes, i think australians are veeery friendly. You'll find that people will occasionally smile at you as you're walking pass, or greets you when they make eye contact.

Not like in indo.. where ppl are more cuex, cant blame them too.. we're raised with the knowledge that, stranger = danger

#23766 - 17 Jul 06 09:35 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
indo_female Offline

If we hold an Oz visitor visa, can we do part-time work with payment off the books? Or is it too risky? Getting caught and deported by immigration won't be good at all..

#23767 - 17 Jul 06 09:37 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

By law no, by reality, yes of course. no one is going to pick you up for it. Everyone does it, and no one gets caught unlerss it involves other activities that attract attention - eg prostitution.

#23768 - 17 Jul 06 09:49 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
indo_female Offline

Thanks for your input, Polar Bear.

Maybe I'm just too paranoid with strict Oz immigration rules and conditions.

'Prostitution' eh? That never comes on my mind. Just need something to keep me busy, a little bit of cash is a plus, not thru prostitution tho :-)

#23769 - 17 Jul 06 09:52 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

They try to make it sound bad, but in reality they are pretty lax. There are a lot more importnat things ot worry about than some young girl earning a bit of cash working in a cafe or whatever. i can put you in touch with some of the indo community if you want.

#23770 - 17 Jul 06 09:59 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
indo_female Offline

Getting me in touch with Indo community here? What a nice of you, Polar Bear... I'd love that! Are there many of them around? I'm staying at the beach at the moment.

#23771 - 17 Jul 06 10:09 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I live in Millenium tower. I would estimate 75% of the residents are Indonesian. it seems every other girl I talk to is Indo. Im having lunch today with an indonesian guy.

I will PM you with some phone numbers.....

#23772 - 17 Jul 06 12:28 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quote:

Thanks.

hey...I have friends in Sydney..but I'm not sure that he want you as afriend wink
nggak ding, kidding at all.. smile
if you really need a friend in sydney..I'll PM you her add e-mail..maybe you can contact her..she also an indo_female.. smile

#23773 - 17 Jul 06 12:38 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally posted by Chocolatea:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by indo_female:
[qb]
Not like in indo.. where ppl are more cuex, cant blame them too.. we're raised with the knowledge that, stranger = danger
That's what I thinking too. It's so weird that people especially foreigners say that Indo people are friendly. I got lots of more friendly gestures when I lived aboard.
Anyway, welcome Indo-female.

#23774 - 17 Jul 06 12:56 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quote:
Originally posted by The One and Only Polar Bear:
I live in Millenium tower. I would estimate 75% of the residents are Indonesian. it seems every other girl I talk to is Indo. Im having lunch today with an indonesian guy.

I will PM you with some phone numbers.....
huuhhh...ada cewek baru aja.. wink PB genit dehhhhhhh wink

#23775 - 19 Jul 06 09:31 Re: Help - need friends in Sydney!
Choc_Cow Offline
Member**

Quote:
Originally posted by laluna:
Quote:
Originally posted by Chocolatea:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by indo_female:
[qb]
That's what I thinking too. It's so weird that people especially foreigners say that Indo people are friendly. I got lots of more friendly gestures when I lived aboard.
Anyway, welcome Indo-female.
umm.. i guess because foreigners are like tourist attraction to many ppl in indo? ie: when a kid see badut ancol, it'll give him the funny feeling, he'll want to touch & be friendly, to satisfy his curiousity, .. and maybe the same happened with those foreigners who have visited indo.. .. (just maybe)

Moderator:  NetCop