Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 173 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13366 Topics
105283 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
baby in the closet
When a woman is pregnant and is keeping it a secret.
Don't tell anybody, but I swear Elena's got a baby in the closet.
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#223 - 17 Feb 06 17:01 What is Karaoke like???
Massage Plus Offline
Member++

Registered: 13 Feb 06
Posts: 238
Loc: JKT
After today's teaching, my student, an Aussie girl younger than me, asked me to go out to Karaoke tonight. I have no idea about what it is like to be there. I haven't been to such a place before...! I have only walked past it without entering it...

What is it composed of? Is this place just for singing? Is it like a bar? How much money should I bring there?

I'll appreciate your answers! Thanks wink

P.s. I'm female.
_________________________
If a guy doesn't want to touch me, he must be gay :-p

Top
Promotion
Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings
#224 - 17 Feb 06 17:32 Re: What is Karaoke like???
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Registered: 09 Oct 05
Posts: 10790
Loc: Centre of the Universe
i was once trapped in a karaoke bar in the old malaysia train terminal in singapore, in 1989 if i remember. i was whiling away some time waiting for the train to arrive, and walked into a place that i thought was a pub or restaurant. turned out to be a karaoke place, and along with my coca-cola, i was also given a microphone. that was my first and last experience with karaoke ...
_________________________
KuKuKaChu: dangerously too sophisticated

Top
#225 - 17 Feb 06 17:50 Re: What is Karaoke like???
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Registered: 23 Nov 05
Posts: 6177
Depends, most are bars, usually with small rooms you can book. everyone is expected to sing. pick something simple, and have a go. The fun is in eveyone making a fool of thmeselves, and bonding via the "common hardship" of having to get up and sing.

some Kareoke bars have girls who help things run smoothly, and often get up and sing - they are usually very good. The girls often sell sex as well.

have fun and enjoy.

Top
#226 - 17 Feb 06 18:02 Re: What is Karaoke like???
Massage Plus Offline
Member++

Registered: 13 Feb 06
Posts: 238
Loc: JKT
Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:
i was once trapped in a karaoke bar in the old malaysia train terminal in singapore, in 1989 if i remember. i was whiling away some time waiting for the train to arrive, and walked into a place that i thought was a pub or restaurant. turned out to be a karaoke place, and along with my coca-cola, i was also given a microphone. that was my first and last experience with karaoke ...
Ooooppsss...! I thought I was just about to leave this JakChat without getting answers - it's only 1 hour left before heading to Karaoke! Thanks Kuku smile .

I can't imagine what happened next after you were given a microphone... Hope you could sing that time! :p
_________________________
If a guy doesn't want to touch me, he must be gay :-p

Top
#227 - 17 Feb 06 18:06 Re: What is Karaoke like???
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Registered: 09 Oct 05
Posts: 10790
Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quote:
Originally posted by Berhenti dari Pijat Plus:
I can't imagine what happened next after you were given a microphone... Hope you could sing that time! :p
i gave a highly reluctant redition of the beatles' Let It Be. patrons there also wanted me to let it be.
_________________________
KuKuKaChu: dangerously too sophisticated

Top
#228 - 17 Feb 06 18:11 Re: What is Karaoke like???
Massage Plus Offline
Member++

Registered: 13 Feb 06
Posts: 238
Loc: JKT
Quote:
Originally posted by Polar Bear:
Depends, most are bars, usually with small rooms you can book. everyone is expected to sing. pick something simple, and have a go. The fun is in eveyone making a fool of thmeselves, and bonding via the "common hardship" of having to get up and sing.

some Kareoke bars have girls who help things run smoothly, and often get up and sing - they are usually very good. The girls often sell sex as well.

have fun and enjoy.
Thanks again, PB smile !

Everyone has to get up and sing??? Oh... I can only sing in the bathroom... frown laugh

My question on how much money I should bring isn't answered yet, but I think my student is gonna treat me! smile

Ok, I'm gonna have to be ready now - her Kost is 2Kms away from mine, will take time for walking!

So here...I..go... wink
_________________________
If a guy doesn't want to touch me, he must be gay :-p

Top


Moderator:  NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website