Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105287 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
Laughterwards
A TV show, Film or situation that was not really funny or marginally funny that for whatever reason is much funnier aftwrwards.
You have to watch Portlandia, but it's a laughterwards, so just give it a chance to kick in.
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2183 - 11 Nov 05 11:50 Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Hugo Paris Offline

Loc: Paris
Apa harapan timbal balik... di masa depan?

Promotion
Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings
#2184 - 11 Nov 05 12:41 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
does indonesia have a future? why come back?

#2185 - 11 Nov 05 13:04 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Hugo Paris Offline

Tentu saja, kalau ada orang berani dan murah hati.

#2186 - 11 Nov 05 13:19 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

Loc: Jakarta
Bonjour Hugo..

What future u mean ? I knew from my sister ur prime minister / minister : Nicholas something just issued a rule.. that any imigrants or residence who do something wrong will embark to their country ???? as the reaction after the big riot in sub urban paris..

That riot might be taken place cause ur people is so racist or there is discrimination to imigrants..

Just a case, my sister got diplome for BTI (academy for assistant manager), she speak French fluently (live at France more than 15 years) after applying some job and had job interview she still havent get a job !
Maybe it will be different if happen in USA..

anyone can have american dream if they want effort at their best endevour..

amicalities,

#2187 - 11 Nov 05 16:34 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
ivands Offline
Member+

as for now, indeed i don't see any hope or turn over for this lovely country, but again we must keep on hoping that there will be a new era, new time and i believe we must start it with our own self....

so kuku, i still feel there will be a better future for us in this country after all, people said there will be sun after the rain... just a matter of time smile

#2188 - 11 Nov 05 18:02 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Hugo Paris Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by douce_qipus:
Bonjour Hugo..

What future u mean ? I knew from my sister ur prime minister / minister : Nicholas something just issued a rule.. that any imigrants or residence who do something wrong will embark to their country ???? as the reaction after the big riot in sub urban paris..

That riot might be taken place cause ur people is so racist or there is discrimination to imigrants..

Just a case, my sister got diplome for BTI (academy for assistant manager), she speak French fluently (live at France more than 15 years) after applying some job and had job interview she still havent get a job !
Maybe it will be different if happen in USA..

anyone can have american dream if they want effort at their best endevour..

amicalities,
Well, it used to be much WORSE! The in-depth problem in France is UNTOLD SHAME, due to the FAILURE of the old recipes, when the country was morally destroyed by the Germans and their french "collabos": France HAD TO GIVE UP its former "colonies" (when triumphant De Gaulle came back with the Allies to crush the Nazis, he sent the Navy to Viet Nam and they massacred 45.000 innocent people in Hai Phong overnight...!!!!! Everyone knows the "dirty war" that followed, with a claim to resume the "Empire colonial" as before 1939). Even - even - even worse with Madagascar and Algeria. "Bidonvilles" (more desperate than slums, in the parisian suburbs) became "free-kill zones" for the police, going after "bougnoules" (allegedly, all Arabian faces were free-willing supporters of the F.N.L., Algerian National Liberation Forces). You have to consider it takes time to recover from TOTAL MADNESS (frequent heavy fighting, within families), even though it should be quick. The so-called "cold war" was a stupid excuse, the plain truth is most people FEEL STRONG PANIC towards a new international balance of power and trade; they cling, in despair, to small privileges and you are terribly right, there is enormous work to be done. That is definitely why ALL PEOPLE OF GOOD WILL should team up and get better acquainted, more helpful, not shrinking their minds (memeras otak?) about local struggles.

As regards your sister, she can refer to me, and I shall try to recommend her to sincere friends. Not the name you mentionned; neither Mr Jacques Ch. who was my private tutor in the past... but real gentlemen do exist, Thank God! And I shall open the door.

To-day is a celebration of Peace in Europe (11 Novb. 1918) and I wish genuine Peace to you all.

Warm heartedly, Hugo

#2189 - 11 Nov 05 18:07 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
ivands Offline
Member+

hmm, thanks for sharing Hugo,
have a nice week end there

cheers
ivan ds

#2190 - 11 Nov 05 18:21 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

Cher Hugo,

U are such an angel for me and my sister..
BTW, my i know ur email address, so she can contact u?

She lives at eastern Paris (sub urban), Gretz armainville..
or maybe u would like to send a private message to me or send email to me : smusdar@yahoo.com

Bon week-end :-)

#2191 - 11 Nov 05 19:25 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Hugo Paris Offline

Quote:
Cher Hugo,

U are such an angel for me and my sister..
BTW, my i know ur email address, so she can contact u?

She lives at eastern Paris (sub urban), Gretz armainville..
or maybe u would like to send a private message to me or send email to me : smusdar@yahoo.com

Bon week-end :-)
Selamat Malam,

Saya menulis ke "smusdar", memang. Begaimanapun juga, saya menganggap yang itu, sebagai biasa, normal, dan menyenangkan: Kalau kita mampu memperbaiki keadaan dan hubungan...

(satu gerak hati pribadi, saya membenci yahoo yang dimembentuk oleh Mr Yang, pengungsi dari Cina, yang mengadukan wartawan memisahkan diri, ke Polisi di Cina!!! saya minta maaf)

Gretz-Armainvilliers kota tempat keluarga Papon tinggal di kastelnya. Maurice Papon... "Prefet de Police" yang mengirim 12.000 anak Yahudi dari Perancis ke Hitler, 1942; lalu (17 okt. 1961) Papon + Polisi-kemanan menenggelamkan 600 atau 700 orang Arab di Paris, di kali Seine. Akhirnya sejak tiga minggu, film "Nuit Noire" (Malam Hitam) dimemungkinkan di gedung bioskop di Perancis, dan D.V.D. Mungkin perempuan kamu perlu tetangga lebih baik??

Bien sur elle peut m'ecrire comme elle voudra, et Malheur aux grincheux!!

Bonne soiree, a bientot,

Hugo

#2192 - 11 Nov 05 20:25 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Hugo Paris Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ivands:
as for now, indeed i don't see any hope or turn over for this lovely country, but again we must keep on hoping that there will be a new era, new time and i believe we must start it with our own self....

so kuku, i still feel there will be a better future for us in this country after all, people said there will be sun after the rain... just a matter of time smile
Bonjour =¤= Good evening,

I know for sure, You have got stones galore in your garden... But, You should NEVER underestimate Your newly-born national £uck: Now You have the Head of State You all freely decided to chose (The Jakarta Post displays all details about the statistics of the vote). And this one is rather calm and Peace-oriented: Think, for instance, about Muangthai (Thailand) where the prime minister sends paratroops to small villages to kill the poultry WITHOUT SAYING A WORD OF EXPLANATION TO POOR & UNLEARNED PEASANTS ABOUT THE BIRD FLU: Mr Super Manager has NO TIME TO LOSE WITH BLA BLA BLA... and ruined villagers are forbidden to eat the dead animals.

£et me tell You, when we organize a week end with films about Indonesia in our National Cinematheque; all diplomats from Your Kedutaan do attend. And Your Duta Besar delivers a speech, plus participates in the debates with students and the general public. The Thai DID NEVER COME. They lost the films we handed them for a preview.

If it were not for yourself, at least try Your best and make a happy future for all the splendid girls I just saw on Your Hall-of-Fame (friendstr.blog). For the sake of their lungs and skin, we send You many FOREST EXPERTS to plant new trees by the thousands. As an accountant, you could well calculate and publish the loss of so much WOOD, that is turned into ashes or smuggled: It is Your national wealth, after all. We are willing to help, but with limited means.

And when You feel down, sad, lost, just listen to Willie Nelson and Sinead O'Connor who sings "Don't give up, You are not the only one....... Don't give up, cause You have us....." and life on the Moon or the Sun will not be so funny!

So long,

Hugo

#2193 - 11 Nov 05 20:56 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
ivands Offline
Member+

smile

Cheers Hugo,

i like Puff daddy "I'll be missing you", and I like Peter Cox "if you walk away" and I also like Natalie Imbruglia,"Perfectly", and many other songs, but my best music is to listen to the rhythm of the wave touching my home town's beach, the rhythm of my hearth beat and the rhythm of the air entering my lung .... it feels so peace and it will be like that in this Nation someday-in general at least, and started it with my surroundings of course did that and still doing it...

No worries, i still have the faith on my country, its just a matter of time... the question of when... but i will not expect the answer now, but keep on doing the best i can, writing in here is one of that effort i believe smile

Again, cheers

#2194 - 11 Nov 05 21:58 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

bonsoir hugo..
Oh, this could be my last email today :-)
Hm, time to go home..
I love my beloved country..the beautiful scenery..but i TOTALLY dont like my government..
Who can manage this country..see, Indonesia has independe day, but at reality, we are still occupied economically by developed country..
so that's why.. i dont care whatever the comments.. but maybe i will move to OZ.. since my sister has Permanen resident there..get more benefit from the government..
i know it's ironic.. cause my govt can NOT protect their people.. still love my country..
but i know the indo law.. so i still have my right to have property here..and work aboard collect some OZ dollar..
hm.. really should go. it's about time to sign off..
Again, bon week-end
je suis enchante ..

#2195 - 11 Nov 05 23:47 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Hugo Paris Offline

Quote:
bonsoir hugo..
Oh, this could be my last email today :-)
Hm, time to go home..
I love my beloved country..the beautiful scenery..but i TOTALLY dont like my government..
Who can manage this country..see, Indonesia has independe day, but at reality, we are still occupied economically by developed country..
so that's why.. i dont care whatever the comments.. but maybe i will move to OZ.. since my sister has Permanen resident there..get more benefit from the government..
i know it's ironic.. cause my govt can NOT protect their people.. still love my country..
but i know the indo law.. so i still have my right to have property here..and work aboard collect some OZ dollar..
hm.. really should go. it's about time to sign off..
Again, bon week-end
je suis enchante ..
Ma Chere Amie,

Je ne t'ai pas oubliee! C'est juste ADOBE-software qui a "pris la main" pour installer sur mon P.C. la version 7 du programme ACROBAT (tu peux m'envoyer tes plus belles images, maintenant). Ensuite c'est WINDOWS qui est arrive' avec ses PATCHES "mises a' jour de securite'"... Pokoknya, di Indonesia, ada Hari raya Kemerdekaan, sedangkan, di Perancis, perusahaan u.s.a. MEMUTUSKAN ALIH-ALIH KAMI!!!!!!!!!

Finalement tu as du partir pendant que mon dossier voyageait dans les cables vers ta boite a' lettres personnelle. J'espere que tout cela te paraitra interessant.

MENGENAI SOAL KAMU, HARUS MELINDUNGI KEPENTINGAN KAMU, NISCAYA. DAN, INDONESIA JUGA: MAKSUDNYA, BERPIKIR UNTUK PEKERJAAN INTERNASIONAL, YANG MENOLONG MEMBUAT IMBANGAN.

Kita membicarakan segera. Di sini ada TAHUN BRASIL DI PERANCIS, sekarang saya HARUS pergi ke teater.

1.000 x 1.000 pikiran hangat, dan permintaan pada waktu Perayaan kebangsaan,

Meilleures pensées, Hugo

#2196 - 12 Nov 05 00:11 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Hugo Paris Offline

Quote:
smile

Cheers Hugo,

i like Puff daddy "I'll be missing you", and I like Peter Cox "if you walk away" and I also like Natalie Imbruglia,"Perfectly", and many other songs, but my best music is to listen to the rhythm of the wave touching my home town's beach, the rhythm of my hearth beat and the rhythm of the air entering my lung .... it feels so peace and it will be like that in this Nation someday-in general at least, and started it with my surroundings of course did that and still doing it...

No worries, i still have the faith on my country, its just a matter of time... the question of when... but i will not expect the answer now, but keep on doing the best i can, writing in here is one of that effort i believe smile

Again, cheers
Selamat Malam,

Hanya beberapa kata sekarang (saya harus pergi ke Festival di Kedutaan Brasil).

Saya senang sekali membaca kamu, yang menulis sendikit seperti ALPHONSE DE LAMARTINE, penyair kami yang meresmikan "Masa Romantik" di Eropa, 1820, dengan syair "LE LAC" (Danau). Semua anak tahu syair itu, dan sajak ini terkenal, sehari-hari:
"UN SEUL ETRE VOUS MANQUE ET TOUT EST DEPEUPLE."

See you sooooooooooooon,

So long,

Hugo

#2197 - 18 Nov 05 22:30 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Hugo Paris Offline

Quote:
smile

Cheers Hugo,

Again, cheers
Terima kasih atas jawaban kamu, dengan hati terbuka. Saya sibuk sedikit pada 11/11, tetapi ingin melengkapi percakapan kita: Rasanya orang Indonesia, biasanya, tenang dan sabar? Di sini, maksudnya di Perancis, orang cepat... dan, sering, otoriter!!

Tentu saja, kita perlu belajar dari pengalaman resiprokal. Dagang pertama kesempatan; pertukaran budaya jujur, berguna banyak. Saya mengucapkan selamat datang kepada segala tamu. Terutama, kepada penyair dan seniman lain-lain, yang menemukan masa depan lebih baik.

#2198 - 18 Nov 05 22:47 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Hugo Paris Offline

To you, kin-all and friends who are feeling international, and think that this vulnerable planet should not perish...?? please, do NoT limit this debate to urgent or teasing local needs.

Maybe you know that we launched a telecommunication satellite for you, yesterday (Ariane skyrocket, from the space center in Guyana): If this is any indication of what overseas cooperation can provide, we must consider all sorts of technology transfers, common studies, and spending substantial time in each other's country.

#2199 - 20 Nov 05 13:56 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Grenville Warwick Offline

Loc: San Franscisco
Quote:
Originally posted by Hugo Paris:
If this is any indication of what overseas cooperation can provide, we must consider all sorts of technology transfers, common studies, and spending substantial time in each other's country.
Technology transfer? I'm afraid it's all a one-way street as far as Indonesia is concerned. Is there any technology at all where Indonesians living in Indonesia have made a significant contribution? None as far as I know.

This means Indoneisa is continually having to import knowledge and technology, at, of course, a premium price.

And technolgy is not "value neutral". Technologies are bourne out of and reflect values and culture.

Thus by continually importing technolgy, Indonesia is effectively undermining its own culture. It is being colonised anew.

#2200 - 20 Nov 05 23:41 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Hugo Paris Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Grenville Warwick:
Quote:
If this is any indication of what overseas cooperation can provide, we must consider all sorts of technology transfers, common studies, and spending substantial time in each other's country.
Technology transfer? I'm afraid it's all a one-way street as far as Indonesia is concerned. Is there any technology at all where Indonesians living in Indonesia have made a significant contribution? None as far as I know.

This means Indoneisa is continually having to import knowledge and technology, at, of course, a premium price.

And technolgy is not "value neutral". Technologies are bourne out of and reflect values and culture.

Thus by continually importing technolgy, Indonesia is effectively undermining its own culture. It is being colonised anew.
Bonsoir, good evening,

Please allow me to think in common with you.

First it is not humiliating to learn in school. In History, pupils did surpass the masters, quite often.

Second, every company, village or country, has to select one or two products for world-wide trade: Germany has machine-tools, Italia has violins, Switzerland has medicines and drugs, Spain has olives and oranges, Tai Wan has consumer electronics, The Netherlands have electric bulbs... Panama has a tax heaven! and France maintains perfumes and fashion as a flag ship.

#2201 - 21 Nov 05 00:02 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Hugo Paris Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Grenville Warwick:
Quote:

(((continued)))

Sorry, the line breaks up quite often.

Indonesia has A FANTASTIC WEALTH IN FORESTS, as well as Finland, or Brasil: It should not be destroyed or stolen by unfair armed forces, it is heart-sickening to say more.

Third, it is every People's own free choice to keep up its traditions, or to sell its very soul to [Michael Jackson + cocacola], as a consequence of despair under dictatorship; i.e. buying any kind of foreign goods, as a silent narcotic (Greece refused to broadcast a stupid Walt Disney movie-cartoon about The 12 Works of Herakles, recently). But I have a strong belief that Indonesia has become a deeply democratic nation, that can decide for its future wisely.

There is no easy way but evryone has to face its future sincerely, in a world of hate and competition. Artists can lead the way to Excellence. It is my hope and trust.

#2202 - 23 Nov 05 13:19 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

Hi all,
Bonjour Hugo (je te remercie pour les peintures dans ton imel. Magnifiques :-) )

Well, in my humble opinion, all the regional or international cooperation --especially if between Developed country with developing ones-- has NO equal position or win win result for each parties, particularly for developing coutries.. just mention the regulation in WTO, AFTA...

in in case of transfer technology -- the obligation in Foreign investment law-- from expatriate expers did not work so far..

"Indonesia has A FANTASTIC WEALTH IN FORESTS, as well as Finland, or Brasil: It should not be destroyed or stolen by unfair armed forces, it is heart-sickening to say more"

Yes, indonesia have beautiful rain forests.. but we --the government-- can't manage it well..

Out of this topic --sorry all--By the way, Hugo, if I got visa from France Embassy i wil visit my sister at Gretz Armainville, visit Paris, especially Louvre Musee :-)
hope we can meet u there.. practice my French ..hehehe hope works..

bonne journee et bien amicalement,

#2203 - 23 Nov 05 14:29 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Hugo Paris Offline

Bonjour Sari,

Et merci pour tes bienveillances.

Mais tu sais que tu es vraiment TROP TROP TROP VILAINE, TOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Je le dis en langage secret!) Tu as vraiment de la chance que j'aime beaucoup ta soeur, nous allons faire un travail MAGNIFIQUE.

Sinon, et bien sinon ce n'est pas au £ouvre que je t'emmene, c'est tout au fond des caves de Champagne que ma famille possede depuis 500 ans..........

Tu sais bien ce qui arrive: Les u.s.a., colonie britannique, ont depasse' la Mere-Patrie, comme la France (colonie romaine) a depassé l'Italie, comme Syracuse (colonie Hellenique) a depasse' la Grece.

Il ne faut pas desesperer, se resigner: Tu vas voir, le monde va beaucoup changer.

Je te souhaite une bonne journee, je t'envoie la copie de ma derniere lettre a' ta soeur,

En toute sympathie,

Hugo

#2204 - 23 Nov 05 16:44 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

Hugo,

Je te demande pardon, pourrais vous répéter encore,
je suis es vraiment TROP TROP TROP VILAINE??
Pour qoui tu dit que je suis TROP vilaine ?
je n'ai pas compris ....

je prefere la communication privee plutot l'en public comme ceci (mel, stp)
je l'attend

abientot,

#2205 - 26 Nov 05 17:27 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

bonjour Hugo,

Did u know that CLOC and MEDEF international wil organize a 7eme Forum ASEAN du 4 au 7 decembre 2005 en Jakarta ?

I met the local commitee, a young French guy, Nicolas P, when i apply to be their assistants..they need some indo who can speak French and/or English.
This forum is a media to make French businessmen and ASEAN businessmen and also the government make a business deal.
A media for French business players who want to invest in ASEAn countries

I dont expect the salary, since they only pay me for a small amout of money, but they will offer my CV to them

#2206 - 27 Nov 05 07:48 Re: Eropa kelihatan jauh dari Indonesia?
Hugo Paris Offline

Bonjour Sari, comment ca va?

I did not know C.L.O.C.,
"never saw in my life"
((this, should be pronounced, Italian style...)).
Is it a business lobbyists' group,
in IndoNesia?

I am only familiar with Klug (di bahasa Jerman)
and KLOK in Sweden:
Means Wise, intelligent, experienced.

Which is not always true about MEDEF.
That very name caused an outburst of public laughter all across this country. But, contrary to a widespread saying by the times of the Revolution ("Ridicule is still a reputation killer"), MEDEF never feels any shame.

I feel a bit embarrassed to read your message about our messengers, willing to meet with people from the A.S.E.A.N. as a whole. In fact, as long as I had a wife from Viet Nam, business peôple used to refer to me as "the guy with a chinese wife" (not yet realized they have lost their colonial influence?).

Let us hope they will open their eyes, MEDEF has elected a female President, recently.

May I wish you the best of luck in these circumstances, anyway?

Here, we shall have a sunday of Theatre - et - Danse - d'Indonesia, some sort of solidarity with poor victims in Aceh.

Paris is under snow covering, by now, but i suppose you are not suffering from winter, do you? j'espère donc que ton bouquet de marjolaine s'apprête à fleurir lui aussi,

Cordialement,

Hugo

Moderator:  NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website