Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#14259 - 14 Sep 06 15:13 Wolves fans --- lets try again shall we
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
new to this site and not sure how a request to find wolves fans turns in to a pop about choice of avtars! As its now been closed please use this section for any football related responses

#14260 - 14 Sep 06 15:21 Re: Wolves fans --- lets try again shall we
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
original discussin has been re-opened!

#14261 - 14 Sep 06 15:23 Re: Wolves fans --- lets try again shall we
Patung Offline
Member++

Loc: Indonesia
I own a Wolves sweatshirt and about ten years ago I attended a home game of the Wolves but don't remember much of it because I was OUT OF MY SKULL. Sorry, that's it. Oh, wait I remember a player called "bully" who my host in Wolverhampton was crazy about. my host was crazy about the whole club in fact.

#14262 - 14 Sep 06 15:29 Re: Wolves fans --- lets try again shall we
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Ahhh Bully !!! Steve Bull one of the last true club men of our time. Mention him to any wolves fan and you can see their eyes mist up ... a guy who turned down the big money and clubs and still managed to get a start for England when he was playing in the second division.

I was talking to a guy in a bar a few years ago who told me he really loved his wife and kids but steve bull was on a whole different level.

#14263 - 14 Sep 06 15:54 Re: Wolves fans --- lets try again shall we
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quote:
Originally posted by chewwyUK:
I was talking to a guy in a bar a few years ago who told me he really loved his wife and kids but steve bull was on a whole different level.
hmmm ... i just knew their was something sus about soccer ...

#14264 - 14 Sep 06 18:12 Re: Wolves fans --- lets try again shall we
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Are we talking about that Wolverhampton Wanders soccer team, which was relegated this season to the "coca-cola league"; in which they are doing well (in 3rd place) despite recently getting smoked by my Leeds boys AND Derby County. The same wolves that are more famous for their hooligans than their on-field successes?

Just joshin' mate -- welcome to JakChat

#14265 - 14 Sep 06 18:29 Re: Wolves fans --- lets try again shall we
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

hmmm --- I prefer the term "championship league" hehehe. Think you will find a contributing factor to wolves being in third place is because of a 1-0 defeat of your Leeds team thanks to them generously allowing us to score in the 92 minute hehehehehe. If you wish to read all about it here is the link http://home.skysports.com/matchreport.aspx?fxid=302850&cpid=10

Happy to bet beers on our next encounter!

PS. did anybody notice how i managed to avoid the Derby game??

#14266 - 14 Sep 06 18:47 Re: Wolves fans --- lets try again shall we
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Chewwwy I gave you a little tip on a good pub in the other thread on that topic...Actually, I'm not much of real Leeds fan, I just sort of pull for them as they have a guy named Eddie Lewis, and we went to the same University, as did Brad Friedel btw.

My mate Will, who his coming back to Jakarta soon is a life-long diehard Leeds boy, I don't want to speak for him, but I suspect he'd wager any amount of beers your willing to put up.

Moderator:  NetCop