Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#13403 - 13 Aug 06 19:54 Expats-do you guys know?
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
I am wondering if there is a consensus or knowledge among expats in dki who kind of " know" who these bastard peadophiles are .
I was just reading and

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/pedophile-linked-to-ring/2006/08/12/1154803145303.html

I was wondering whether paths cross in business/expat leisure or whether people vibe these guys out and keep a damn clear path? Like if this guy was caught and you knew of him would your immediate reaction be " what, no way-he was such a nornmal guy" or would it be more :" ha typical"
And how about tipping off people or whatever-do you think it was police who did it or do you think other expats showed them who he was?
I know this type of subject is very awful, and Im sure there are native pedos too, but I just sort of REALLY HATE this particular type of aussie in asia or wherever.Or any nationality actually.
If you suspected a fellow expat of this what would you do?
Are there hierachies sort of?
I mean like -the affair with the young woman ok, the 500 prostitutes ok, and then?
Thankyou.

..take only what you need..

#13404 - 13 Aug 06 20:15 Re: Expats-do you guys know?
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Adults with children! Despoiling a childs right to grow up with innocence intact I despise them! If I thought something was amiss I would report them, but, one has to be very careful, everything is not alwats as it seems!

#13405 - 13 Aug 06 20:20 Re: Expats-do you guys know?
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
I know-it is so damaging, just unbelievably damaging.I did have professional contact with some child abuse/rape survivors, and these predators pretty much go undetected-in some cases for all their lives.I was just curious as to whether it was easier to remain undetected in a kind of dki setting-as far as fellow expats go, or whether it magnified someones odd and suspicious behaviour.Because everyone more or less knows everyone else sort of ?

..take only what you need..

#13406 - 13 Aug 06 20:34 Re: Expats-do you guys know?
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I do not know, nor am personally aware of any predators, howver, as the father of a (IMHO), beautiful young lady- 11 going on 21- I keep a very sharp eye on what happens within the periphary of her life. At the first sign of anything untoward I would do as most fathers would, go crazy, only after a measured opinion and time to assess all facts. Same goes for any other child, it's a kind of group protectiveness!

The main problem here is parents who do not maintain a similar vigilance!

Moderator:  NetCop