Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11242 - 04 Jul 06 06:47 Being British
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab
on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

And the most British thing of all? Suspicion of anything foreign.

Oh and......
-Only in Britain... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
-Only in Britain... do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the shop to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
-Only in Britain... do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a DIET coke.
-Only in Britain... do banks leave both doors open and chain the pens to the counters.
-Only in Britain... do we leave cars worth thousands of pounds on the drive and lock our junk and cheap lawn mower in the garage.
-Only in Britain... do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
-Only in Britain... are there disabled parking places in front of a skating rink.

NOT TO MENTION...
3 Brits die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.
142 Brits were injured in 1999 by not removing all pins from new shirts.
58 Brits are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.
31 Brits have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in.
19 Brits have died in the last 3 years believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate.
British Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after cracker pulling accidents.
101 people since 1999 have had broken parts of plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet.
18 Brits had serious burns in 2000 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.
A massive 543 Brits were admitted to A&E in the last two years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth.
5 Brits were injured last year in accidents involving out of Control Scalextric cars.

and finally.........
In 2000 eight Brits cracked their skull whilst throwing up into the toilet.
I am proud to be British laugh wink

Peter Kay

#11243 - 04 Jul 06 16:21 Re: Being British
hanabi Offline
Member+++

Loc: Here and there...
And now... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5126208.stm

One in three people in the UK regularly suffers paranoid or suspicious fears, clinical psychologists have found. wink

#11244 - 04 Jul 06 19:25 Re: Being British
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

On in three Polar Bears have a large Sausage. The other two have HUGE sausages.

Want to nibble on my whopper Hanabi?

#11245 - 04 Jul 06 19:59 Re: Being British
hanabi Offline
Member+++

Loc: Here and there...
Sure babe, I love nibbling and like it big and warm... *lick* :p

I don't chat on messenger but I need to check it from time to time for offline messages. Got one of the messages like this:

iiii_pak_u_iii129 (7/2/2006 5:21:32 AM): Hi, canti3h . Ever wondered what your significant other does online when you aren't around? Would they flirt with other people or cheat if given the right opportunity? Mine did... Wanna find out just how faithful they would be in the face of temptation? ֠http://chat-detectives.com

Wonder if it was from Gina Investigations... laugh

#11246 - 04 Jul 06 20:50 Re: Being British
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Hanabi, no problem if you are not guilty!

#11247 - 05 Jul 06 10:43 Re: Being British
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
I love British Guy smile

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#11248 - 05 Jul 06 10:51 Re: Being British
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
Quote:
Originally posted by hanabi:
And now... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5126208.stm

One in three people in the UK regularly suffers paranoid or suspicious fears, clinical psychologists have found. wink
Oh wait a minute...that was meant to be funny.....................haha........... :rolleyes:

Peter Kay

#11249 - 11 Jul 06 20:45 Re: Being British
KIM Offline
Member++

Loc: singapore
being british,sad to say no more empire
but in singapore most of us speak english
thus make us one of the most develop country in
the world. all because of the english language

thanks a million to britain and the lost empire
now at least half of the people in world speaks
english.