Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#10202 - 13 Jun 06 17:13 Bring some novelties here please...
hanabi Offline
Member+++

Loc: Here and there...
To be honest, I'm totally bored reading the posts lately. Maybe I'm kinda clueless. Maybe I'm not smart enough to understand all discussions of wars, religions, playing gods, or heartless messages. Maybe I need to be more paranoid and get victimized to see how true all conspiracy theories are. Or maybe I just don't give a shit and prefer to see life the way I want to see. Whatsoever... :rolleyes:

Around my area live some homeless. I pass them on my way to and back from work. Sometimes I saw them still sleeping on a sheltered structure and some on the pavement in the morning with some cans of glue scattered. Of course I never know how hard life is for them and never think I could be any help for them. I still believe that life is about choices and one can only be a hero to oneself. But it's always good to share since I also need to get out of myself from time to time. So last night, I quietly left a plastic bag of biscuits and cookies on a corner. That's it. It was simple and childish, but I like it... laugh

#10203 - 13 Jun 06 17:40 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i think you are going through an existential crisis smile

"what does it all mean? who gives a shit anyway? we're all gonna die ..."

"rich" people here -- by which i mean, the privileged, foreign and local -- have different strategies for dealing with the appalling sights we see on the streets every single day, whether it be tiny undernourished children begging at the traffic lights, breathing filthy lead-laden air 24/7, or just some PKL eeking out a living selling bakso, or some person trying to make a life by selling crap to tourists.

some people i know -- car owners -- keep their ashtrays filled with coins that they hand out at traffic lights. why do they do this?? will Rp100 really make a difference? are they doing it to salve their conscience, or just to protect their car from accidental scratches? or do they really feel they are making a difference, by showing they care??

i don't know the answer.

me? i hardly ever give money to beggars. why? well, maybe it's just too overwhelming. maybe there's just too many of them. maybe i feel that by giving i am perpetuating the system that makes them beggars. maybe i'm just pelit.

i don't know the answer.

#10204 - 13 Jun 06 17:51 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
Duh gua puyeng baca posting kamu Mas.... confused confused

Hanabi, you're so lovely though.... and I think if we share love, peace, things whatsoever with kind of heart, that wonderful. Just like you
smile

And Kuku, the beggars on the street, and mostly on Jalan Sabang (they're bunch) was coordinates by someone, they will ask those kids (mostly) to beg on the street then the money will give to those coordinator.

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#10205 - 13 Jun 06 18:19 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Pooh Bah

beggars are everywhere in jakarta, not just in jl sabang. and of course, everyone knows about the syndicates, which constitutes just another complication in the "shall i give or not" internal dialogue that runs through your head when confronted with these kids.

#10206 - 13 Jun 06 18:36 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
hanabi Offline
Member+++

I'm not into playing angel or agent of changes. I don't like looking down on anybody just because I'm no better. If I were about to give away something, the only reason I have is because I have no reason, not even pity, guilt, or fear. So I have an existential crisis? Maybe... I prefer being a non-existence.

MT, it's a matter of free choice for anybody to be a beggar or a giver. Don't think too much... wink

#10207 - 13 Jun 06 18:57 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Yeah just want to tell what's on my mind that's all smile

"beggars are everywhere in jakarta, not just in jl sabang. and of course, everyone knows about the syndicates, which constitutes just another complication in the "shall i give or not" internal dialogue that runs through your head when confronted with these kids."

Sure, but mostly (Jakarta) in Jl. Sabang now I'm little bit lazy to eat "Sate" there, instead that was the most popular place for Sate

Cos when I'm eating always been "digerumut" frown

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#10208 - 13 Jun 06 19:34 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I take it "heartless messages" means me.....

well yes, its true. I am heartless.

But if you go to the doctor, he gives you medicine. He doesnt say "this tastes nice". He says "this makes you better".

What do you want, an nice world full of fucking idiots killing each other, or a pile of bodies and peace.

Tell me, cos I was, and still am, the guy who makes the bodies. It was, and I guess still is, my job.

Or be nice and let the fucking lunatics kill you.

#10209 - 13 Jun 06 19:46 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

PB are you alright???

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#10210 - 13 Jun 06 20:04 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Yes of course.

I just object to everyone sitting in their nice safe world, bitching about how wicked the west is in its dealing with Islamic fanatics.

Its a simple decision. If you donít like the fucking maniacs killing everyone, let me and my type of people go in and fix it - Hitler Style. That means thousands of deaths, but they are not ours.

Otherwise, bit your teeth and take the pain.

But for fuck sake donít expect us to deal with your shitty problem and still behave like gentlemen.

I just watched The Cutting Edge" on SBS. US troops were shown raiding in village that contained terrorists. Women were seen wailing and "getting in the way, conveniently, whilst the terrorists escaped.

Hitler would have bayoneted every women in the village. The terrorists would have heard the screams of their mothers, wives and daughters, and maybe they would think twice about running away.

War is hell. Time the West accepted that, and got on with the killing.

#10211 - 13 Jun 06 21:06 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally posted by The One and Only Polar Bear:
I take it "heartless messages" means me.....

well yes, its true. I am heartless.

Well I don't mind your heartless messages and I like your heartless personality. smile smile smile
Lighthen up dear Big Bear smile

Hanabi, what is supposedly means by heartless messages? Lack of kindness words? Full of bunches cursing and hating words? Not being politicaly smooth and nice statements?

#10212 - 13 Jun 06 21:59 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I do not give money to beggars. Any traffic light they are there! Do not encourage them! I do however encourage charitable donations to wellbeing charities, trying to make whatever small difference we can!

The 'Highland Gathering" is a charity, Haggis for Kampungs you could call it, 6500 Jakartans attended this year and all their hard earned rupiah will help those who need it most! Directly to the needy, no middle men!

Give freely when you can, make sure you know where it is going!

#10213 - 13 Jun 06 22:37 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
hanabi Offline
Member+++

Don't take it personal. Maybe KuKu was right about me having a symptom of existential crisis. I don't mind of your approach in seeing the world as a big stage of righteous and wicked, us and them. You do what you gotta do, no? But I also don't feel that I'm in that picture just because I'm not. I don't even mind of getting killed by any side. It's only one of ways to die. And I prefer to see life as one.

Once I heard someone said that just because everybody else steal, doesn't mean that it's right for you to steal. I was guessing that you've created another form of fanaticism to deal with fanaticism. What makes you different from them?

Laluna, don't get me wrong. I've learned to swear in many languages. Maybe those talks are just not my fave. A friend said that if you're a pretty and dumb girl, you must be the luckiest person in the world. Maybe I'm not that pretty, but I could choose to be dumb so I would be half lucky. Now I'll stop thinking...

#10214 - 13 Jun 06 22:42 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Pooh Bah

yep, you've got an existential crisis all right laugh

come over to jaksa, and we'll get drunk together smile

#10215 - 13 Jun 06 23:05 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Okay, I think I confuse now.......

Hanabi, i don't want to get you wrong. That's why I asked some clarifications, babe!

Oh hell, let's stop thinking then, Kuku was right...better we get down to Jl. Jaksa and get drunk... smile

#10216 - 13 Jun 06 23:30 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
morning all...*smoochez*

#10217 - 13 Jun 06 23:33 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

I'd like to join kuku partying but I'll bring my own drink,...protein shakes smile
I don't drink alcohol anymore! sounds very boring but my dude said "don't! its toxic babe!" drink your protein shakes better!"

#10218 - 13 Jun 06 23:50 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Eeeekkkkk...he says that?! How about wine?

*morning smoocez*

#10219 - 13 Jun 06 23:52 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Anyway, don't trust Kuku either! He can get so drunk just drinking Coca Cola! :p

#10220 - 14 Jun 06 05:23 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by laluna:
Eeeekkkkk...he says that?! How about wine?
*morning smoocez*
no wines, no coctails, no sodas! no coffee, no tea! just water..water...water! and protein shakes!

*smoochez* to you babe!

#10221 - 14 Jun 06 05:29 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

I really admire kuku, he lives in Jakarta and he doesn't smoke, doesn't drink alcohol. still drink soda kuku? you better stop it if you are working on your 6 pack smile
btw, you also mentioned ice coffee? get rid of it! I don't drink coffee late anymore, a cup of green tea once in while on weekend morning to wake up!

#10222 - 14 Jun 06 05:52 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
Quote:
Originally posted by wallet-digga':
I really admire kuku, he lives in Jakarta and he doesn't smoke, doesn't drink alcohol. still drink soda kuku? you better stop it if you are working on your 6 pack smile
btw, you also mentioned ice coffee? get rid of it! I don't drink coffee late anymore, a cup of green tea once in while on weekend morning to wake up!
Yeah, and listening to Pink Floyd on acid is probably not so good for you either!! laugh

Peter Kay

#10223 - 14 Jun 06 07:43 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
hanabi Offline
Member+++

Suppose the world take a pyramid shape with several levels where people live inside. They can see only their own and lower levels. And now I'm standing on top. It's so damn quiet. Just quiet... frown I can see them but they can't see me. I wish there are more people, but no enough space. I wish it's a box shape instead.

What the heck! I'll come down to Jaksa and get drunk with KuKu! No alcohol is fine. I like strawberry juice... Or maybe they can make yoghurt mixed with guava and blueberry. Laluna, WD, Magpie! Or just anybody... Care to join? laugh

#10224 - 14 Jun 06 08:19 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by Magpie:
Yeah, and listening to Pink Floyd on acid is probably not so good for you either!! laugh
what? i thought LSD was an essential amino acid ...

#10225 - 14 Jun 06 08:22 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by wallet-digga':
acutally, i don't really drink much soda these days for some reason. i used to drink a lot of coca cola, but that's a food group, isn't it?

Quote:
yeah, well, the problem with eliminating coffee is that all my employees would be walking around without heads ...

#10226 - 14 Jun 06 08:27 Re: Bring some novelties here please...
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by hanabi:
Suppose the world take a pyramid shape with several levels where people live inside. They can see only their own and lower levels. And now I'm standing on top. It's so damn quiet. Just quiet... frown I can see them but they can't see me. I wish there are more people, but no enough space. I wish it's a box shape instead.
Yep. existential crisis. happens a lot to people who are too smart for their own good. trust me, i know.

Quote:
What the heck! I'll come down to Jaksa and get drunk with KuKu! No alcohol is fine. I like strawberry juice... Or maybe they can make yoghurt mixed with guava and blueberry. Laluna, WD, Magpie! Or just anybody... Care to join? laugh
whoa! what a rebel! go crazy, gal! smile

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  NetCop