Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#10187 - 12 Jun 06 07:17 Islam 2 - The Beautiful game 1
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5069556.stm

You've got to fight, for your right, to watch England play......the worst game of football ever! :rolleyes:

Magpie's humble opinion - Sven has no balls when it comes to football, none at all, cant believe i got up at 7.30am to watch the highlights of that dross....Go Argentina!! wink

Peter Kay

#10188 - 12 Jun 06 07:30 Re: Islam 2 - The Beautiful game 1
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
Mexico killed Iran 3-1 this morning. I will be missing USA-CZE tomorrow morning (11.am) LA time. Coz I'm at work frown

#10189 - 12 Jun 06 07:34 Re: Islam 2 - The Beautiful game 1
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Hehehe....are you following world cup too babe?
Morning all! *Smoochez*

#10190 - 12 Jun 06 07:37 Re: Islam 2 - The Beautiful game 1
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
hey..there she is..I was looking for you babe! morning *smoohez* how was your sleep? got lucky? wink

yeah, it was on ABC sport and I watched the whole game smile it was fun watching soccer and having my protein (blueberries) shakes...pssst..! don't tell kuku!

#10191 - 12 Jun 06 07:49 Re: Islam 2 - The Beautiful game 1
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Hello Babe.
Sorry, I am in the midle of something now. Just drop by to say hi to you. Because I missssss youuuuuuuu.... smile
I will write you tonight, honey! *smmochez*

#10192 - 12 Jun 06 08:28 Re: Islam 2 - The Beautiful game 1
Magpie Offline
Member**

Somali Islamist Gunmen On Move

12/06/2006Mohamed Ali Bile

More than 1,000 Islamist fighters deployed to a strategic camp north of Mogadishu on Sunday, witnesses said, sparking fears of a new offensive against warlords.

Islamic forces captured the Somali capital Mogadishu a week ago from a self-styled anti-terrorism alliance of warlords, widely believed to be backed by the United States, after three months of fighting.

It was unclear whether the latest deployment was part of moves to drive out remaining warlords from the capital or to stage an attack on Jowhar, the last warlord stronghold, 60 km (38 miles) further north.

Armed with mortars and heavy anti-aircraft guns, the Islamic fighters arrived at the Hiilweyne military camp, 7 km from Balad, witnesses said. The fighters already control Balad, 30 km outside Mogadishu.

"Huge militia groups were gathered in Hiilweyne this morning. It's possible this could reignite war," Hussein Abdi, a resident in Balad, said by telephone.

More than 300 people, mainly civilians, have been killed in the battle for power in Mogadishu, with hundreds more wounded.

Sources close to Islamic militia leader Moallim Hashi Mohamed said the new forces were being led by Hassan Abdullah Hersi al-Turki, a senior member of the al-Itihaad al-Islamiya group, which the United States calls a "terrorist" faction with links to al Qaeda.

Uncertainty about the Islamist forces' next move may reflect inconsistency within the Islamic Courts Union, an alliance of 14 courts with both moderate and hardline Muslim elements.

Political analysts say if the Islamic militia captures Jowhar, they will control most of south Somalia, raising questions about whether they will help install a weak interim government or set up a rival administration.

Victory Welcomed

President Abdullahi Yusuf's fragile government has been careful to welcome the Islamist victory in Mogadishu over warlords, who many blame for undermining it, and is in talks with Islamist leaders to secure their support.

But analysts say it is unclear whether the Islamists would return government to Mogadishu before seizing other key towns, such as Jowhar, the stronghold of powerful warlord Mohamed Dheere, who is in Ethiopia, his aides say.

Diplomats are closely watching the outcome of Dheere's visit to the Horn of Africa's top military power and Washington's key regional ally in its "war on terrorism".

Somalia's big, nominally Christian-led neighbour, is wary of overt Islamist influence in the region.

In another development, Yusuf imposed an "emergency curfew" in Baidoa, seat of his almost powerless government, after clashes between his guards and local clan militia flared two days ago killing at least six people.

He also ordered clan fighters to leave Baidoa and take their weapons to camps outside the provincial town, where the government has been based since February.

Anyone breaking the emergency curfew from 9 p.m. (1800 GMT) to 5 a.m. (0200 GMT) risked 1-3 months in jail and a $100-$200 fine, a statement by the information ministry said.

http://xtramsn.co.nz/news/0,,11965-5894721,00.html

Peter Kay

#10193 - 13 Jun 06 09:28 Re: Islam 2 - The Beautiful game 1
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

And true to form, huge numbers of Somali Refugees are now arriving in Australia. “Oh my country very bad country, lot war and bad men. Now I must find Mosque and pray”

I suggest we “re-educate” them, train them with weapons, and send em back to fix their own country.

Instead, we let them into the West and send our young men over THERE to fight for the country.

This is TOTALLY FUCKED!!

#10194 - 14 Jun 06 04:03 Re: Islam 2 - The Beautiful game 1
Magpie Offline
Member**

Quote:
Originally posted by The One and Only Polar Bear:
And true to form, huge numbers of Somali Refugees are now arriving in Australia. “Oh my country very bad country, lot war and bad men. Now I must find Mosque and pray”

I suggest we “re-educate” them, train them with weapons, and send em back to fix their own country.

Instead, we let them into the West and send our young men over THERE to fight for the country.

This is TOTALLY FUCKED!!
NZ has been taking in somalians for years, and although I hate to agree with you, yes, I have witness first hand what these somalian gentlemen may refer to as getting used to living in there new country. The young guys are well known for terrorisising young men and women that are by themselves. They hunt in pack's, usually in a cheap japanese car, they holler abuse out the window at people as they drive by, and if responded too, will (in at least a pack of four) stop, get out and verbally and sometimes physically abuse said victim. It pains me, because I am also a foreigner to these shores, but instead of hunting in pack's, all my english mates get out to the countryside for some excercise, comraderie and beer.....Different strokes....mores the pity.

Peter Kay

#10195 - 14 Jun 06 04:58 Re: Islam 2 - The Beautiful game 1
Magpie Offline
Member**

Sanctions put on Somali warlords

The warlords have withdrawn to Jowhar
East African countries have agreed to impose sanctions including a travel ban on a group of Somali warlords recently defeated in a battle for Mogadishu.
Kenya's Foreign Minister Raphael Tuju said the sanctions, which also mean an assets freeze, would apply immediately.

He said that the warlords, defeated by an Islamist militia, were still a security threat.

The ministers also reportedly said the warlords should be prosecuted for crimes against humanity.

They said they would draw up a list of "all those involved in illegal use of arms to terrorise and harm innocent civilians" in Somalia to forward to the International Criminal Court, reports the AP news agency.

'Uprising'

The warlords will also be banned from sending their children to members of the regional body, Igad.

Mr Tuju described the Islamist takeover as a "popular uprising".

The warlords had controlled Mogadishu since 1991.

Most have now fled to Jowhar, 90km from the capital, where a stand-off is continuing between their forces and the Union of Islamic Courts militia.

The Igad ministers said they wanted to support the fragile interim government based in Baidoa, 250km from Mogadishu.

Prime Minister Ali Mohammed Ghedi attended the meeting but President Abdullahi Yusuf could not attend the Nairobi meeting because of ill-health.

The talks had originally been scheduled for Baidoa but were moved because of clashes there last week.

Khat ban?

"It is obvious that the dislodged warlords still pose a threat to the security of Mogadishu and the country at large," Mr Tuju said.

"In this regard, it is important for Igad member states to support the transitional federal government to assume full control of the capital of Mogadishu and the country as a whole."

Facts and figures about life in Somalia

At-a-glance

The interim government is based in Baidoa because Mogadishu is too dangerous.

Kenya's Daily Nation newspaper also suggests that Kenya might ban flights taking the drug khat to Somalia, where it is widely consumed by gunmen.

Kenya has already banned the warlords from its territory and last week deported one of them.

Igad was also expected to discuss relations with the United States widely believed to have backed the warlords, who claim their Islamist rivals are sheltering al-Qaeda fighters in Somalia.

The US says it will form a Somalia Contact Group in New York on Thursday to discuss the situation there.

President Yusuf and some Kenya-based diplomats have criticised the US for supporting the warlords.

The US has neither confirmed nor denied the reports but says it will stop Somalia becoming a safe haven for terrorists.

The transitional government only controls a small part of Somalia, which has not had a functioning national authority for 15 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5074758.stm

Peter Kay

#10196 - 14 Jun 06 19:20 Re: Islam 2 - The Beautiful game 1
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
they still do female genital mutilation in somalia isnt it.my sister in law is ethiopian(but from canada) and she told me that most of west and east north africa-but particularly somalia-70 percent in ethiopia!!!

..take only what you need..

#10197 - 14 Jun 06 19:31 Re: Islam 2 - The Beautiful game 1
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by Magpie:
Quote:
Originally posted by The One and Only Polar Bear:

This is TOTALLY FUCKED!!
NZ has been taking in somalians for years, and although I hate to agree with you, yes, I have witness first hand what these somalian gentlemen may refer to as getting used to living in there new country. The young guys are well known for terrorisising young men and women that are by themselves. They hunt in pack's, usually in a cheap japanese car, they holler abuse out the window at people as they drive by, and if responded too, will (in at least a pack of four) stop, get out and verbally and sometimes physically abuse said victim. It pains me, because I am also a foreigner to these shores, but instead of hunting in pack's, all my english mates get out to the countryside for some excercise, comraderie and beer.....Different strokes....mores the pity.
I simply dont agree with people giving up and running away. Winston Churchill didnt run off to the USA in 1939......

R R R

Retrain

Rearm,

Repatriate

#10198 - 14 Jun 06 20:10 Re: Islam 2 - The Beautiful game 1
branmac Offline
Member+

Loc: Australia
I don't agree with running but when a young 18 year old girl is attacked in front of her friends by 6 coloured guys what can they do. I have many coloured friends in Perth from S. Africa and my family are telling me stories about all these attacks on their friends by coloured guys. I guess we have let the Somalians in here also. Vigilante is the only cure. Why sould we live in fear its our country.

#10199 - 14 Jun 06 20:44 Re: Islam 2 - The Beautiful game 1
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I meant running away from their homeland...

Moderator:  NetCop