Earthquake God's will

Posted by: Piss Salon

Earthquake God's will - 06 Oct 09 18:34

Jakarta Globe

SMS Messages Link Quakes With Koran; Some Leaders Call Quake 'Warning' From God

Text messages have been circulating since last week linking the timing of Wednesday and Thursday's earthquakes in Sumatra with verses about immorality and punishment in the Koran, prompting some Islamic leaders to call the disaster a “warning” from God.

Two days after the earthquake shook West Sumatra, the Jakarta Globe received an anonymous text message.

“Padang’s earthquake happened at 17:16 and the aftershock happened at 17:58. The next day, there was an earthquake in Jambi at 8:52. Look at the Koran!” the text message stated.

The verses corresponding with the earthquake times reference “annihilating” towns where residents and leaders have acted immorally. (Full translations of the passages are below)

Poet Taufiq Ismail told Republika newspaper that the link between the Padang earthquake and chapter 17, verse 16, in the Koran was found by a young ulema.

“It is awesome. I am stunned,” Taufiq said.

“I think the SMS has spread widely with the purpose that the nation stops doing the things that have angered God,” he said.

Abdullah Syah, chairman of North Sumatra’s Indonesian Council of Ulema (MUI), said that the earthquake was “a test and a warning for people in West Sumatra as well as in other areas.”

“Every one must open their heart and their eyes to the disaster,” he said.

The earthquake was a signal for the Indonesian government to eradicate immorality, Abdullah added.

Meanwhile, geology experts have said the powerful quake that shook Padang came from a spot near — but not inside — the Sunda Trench, a long undersea crescent of seismic energy stretching from north of Aceh to the east of East Timor.

Tectonic plates from India and Australia are grinding slowly under plates that support Indonesia and Burma at a rate of up to six centimeters per year, causing explosive releases of force.

Quake expert Sri Widiyantoro, from the Bandung Institute of Technology, said the precise cause of the jolt in Padang did not come from the seam between plates, but was triggered by a break in the middle, a type known as an intraplate quake.

Translation of Koran verses referenced in SMS message

Chapter 17, Verse 16 (Al Isra)

“And when We desire to destroy a town, We command its affluent ones, those [inhabitants] of it who enjoy the graces [of God], meaning its leaders, [We command them] to obedience, by the tongue of Our messengers; but they fall into immorality therein, rebelling against Our command, and so the Word is justified concerning it, that it should be chastised, and We destroy it utterly, We annihilate it by annihilating its inhabitants and leaving it in ruins.”

Chapter 17, Verse 58 (Al Isra)

“There is not a town — its inhabitants are the ones meant — but We shall destroy it before the Day of Resurrection, through death, or chastise it with terrible chastisement, by killing [its inhabitants] or otherwise. That has been inscribed in the Book, the Preserved Tablet.”

Chapter 8, Verse 52 (Al Anfal)

“The way of these people is like the way of Pharaoh’s folk and those before them: they disbelieved in God’s signs and so God seized them, with chastisement, because of their sins. Truly, God is strong, in what He wills, severe in retribution.”
Posted by: KuKuKaChuModerator

Re: Earthquake God's will - 06 Oct 09 18:50

Quoting: Piss Salon
The earthquake was a signal for the Indonesian government to eradicate immorality, Abdullah added.

i thought the 2004 tsunami was the signal for the Indonesian government to eradicate immorality. are these kooky islamists recycling heavenly signals?
Posted by: bishopslips

Re: Earthquake God's will - 06 Oct 09 21:22

Why doesn't god send Earthquakes to strike down England and Australia then?

Is it because he's given up?

Posted by: Vulgarian

Re: Earthquake God's will - 06 Oct 09 22:05

He sent Muslims.
Posted by: Sammy Jankis

Re: Earthquake God's will - 07 Oct 09 00:11

Quoting: Piss Salon
“I think the SMS has spread widely with the purpose that the nation stops doing the things that have angered God,” he said.

Indeed.

Posted by: Derek Gratis

Re: Earthquake God's will - 07 Oct 09 11:31

Oh God Sam , take it down.

I actually spoke with the Almighty yesterday and he said it was nothing to worry about. He's not angry but just accidently pressed the wrong button on his master control console up there.
Posted by: Marmalade

Re: Earthquake God's will - 07 Oct 09 13:16

JANKIS! MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Earthquake God's will - 07 Oct 09 13:31

Now, THAT's actively seeking confrontation.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 07 Oct 09 18:14

Confrontation, you say?
Posted by: Om Pong

Re: Earthquake God's will - 07 Oct 09 19:16

i care for you Aron!
Posted by: Piss Salon

Re: Earthquake God's will - 07 Oct 09 23:47

Oh my god. Mental scaring.
Posted by: Donna_D

Re: Earthquake God's will - 08 Oct 09 12:38

twisted

Re: Earthquake God's will - 08 Oct 09 12:47

puke

Re: Earthquake God's will - 08 Oct 09 17:33

aron. i need you aron.
Posted by: adelina

Re: Earthquake God's will - 22 Oct 09 10:35

Quoting: Vulgarian

meaning??

Re: Earthquake God's will - 23 Oct 09 12:35

Clearly, being a Mormon is the only logical choice.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 23 Oct 09 15:24

God's angry and we know who's to blame:

Re: Earthquake God's will - 23 Oct 09 15:49

still dont get it vulgy
why He sent muslims instead of earthquakes to strike down england and australia?

Re: Earthquake God's will - 23 Oct 09 15:59

Why did he send earthquakes to Indonesia and not UK/Australia more to the point. The real God must be Yahweh after all.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 23 Oct 09 16:36

i think He did send earthquakes or disasters to all, om, not only indonesia

Re: Earthquake God's will - 23 Oct 09 17:04

True but you seem to be getting the lion's share, some poor countries like Sweden haven't had a natural disaster for years, Indonesia's hogging them all...

Re: Earthquake God's will - 23 Oct 09 17:29

how bout japan? its named earthquakes country. who's getting the lion's share then?
and you're not indonesian?
Quoting: Om Pong
The real God must be Yahweh after all.

can you explain?

Re: Earthquake God's will - 23 Oct 09 17:35

1. No I'm not Indonesian.
2. What the fuck has that got to do with the matter in hand?
3. My reference to Yahweh was a joke Adelina because there is no God my dear, he doesn't exist.
4. My cock exists though and it's massive.
5. Over

Re: Earthquake God's will - 23 Oct 09 17:45

God's angry and we know who's to blame:

who? miyabi?

Re: Earthquake God's will - 23 Oct 09 18:15

Yes, the slut. She should be whipped red raw.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 24 Oct 09 11:27

Quoting: adelina
how bout japan? its named earthquakes country. who's getting the lion's share then?
and you're not Indonesian?

can you explain?

Japan: - Doesn't blame earthquakes on god. Looks to science to solve problem. Result: Despite being 'earthquake country', cities survive, few dead.

Indonesia: - Blames god and immoral behaviour. Looks to prayer to solve problem. Result: Cities constantly leveled, thousands upon thousands dead (repeatedly).

Re: Earthquake God's will - 24 Oct 09 11:44

But surely earthquakes in Japan is a classic example of god trying to stamp out immoral behaviour?

Re: Earthquake God's will - 24 Oct 09 11:58

My brain hurts.
Posted by: Blitz

Re: Earthquake God's will - 25 Oct 09 16:30

Quoting: bishopslips
and you're not Indonesian?

can you explain?

Japan: - Doesn't blame earthquakes on god. Looks to science to solve problem. Result: Despite being 'earthquake country', cities survive, few dead.

Indonesia: - Blames god and immoral behaviour. Looks to prayer to solve problem. Result: Cities constantly leveled, thousands upon thousands dead (repeatedly).

Never compare Indonesia to Japan. Not fair as the both is very different in everything. Indonesia is an archipelago that has many different cultures and also has the history of colonization for centuries long by the nations else. It's a a complex problem.
Posted by: Paregy

Re: Earthquake God's will - 25 Oct 09 16:43

God still loves Aceh very much...loves Yogyakarta very much.. loves Tasikmalaya very much... still loves Indonesian. Tsunami etc will reduce human's pity sins (if they are willingly patient with it) so they won't have to pay again in hell.The greater it's, the more also their sins will be reduced.

If God doesn't loves Indonesian then God won't care about no matter what immorality done because God will pend the 'rewards' in hell.Rewards in hell is scarer and longer than in the world. 1 day in the hell is the same long time with 1 year long in the world.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 25 Oct 09 17:16

I feel the need to invoke Poe's Law...

Quote:
Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing.

... as I am geniunely undecided in Paregy's case.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 26 Oct 09 11:00

wtf has she got to do with earthquakes???

Re: Earthquake God's will - 26 Oct 09 11:53

Quoting: Paregy

God still loves Aceh very much...loves Yogyakarta very much.. loves Tasikmalaya very much... still loves Indonesian. Tsunami etc will reduce human's pity sins (if they are willingly patient with it) so they won't have to pay again in hell.The greater it's, the more also their sins will be reduced.

If God doesn't loves Indonesian then God won't care about no matter what immorality done because God will pend the 'rewards' in hell.Rewards in hell is scarer and longer than in the world. 1 day in the hell is the same long time with 1 year long in the world.

What a load of cock. The reason why Indonesia gets lots of earthquakes is because this country's made of volcanic islands caused by a major tectonic fault line which allowed Indonesia to come into being. Would you build a house of cards on a rollercoaster? That is what indonesia is, a disaster permanently waiting to happen. San Fracisco is the same, but at least they mitigate by thinking about disaster prevention. God-blaming is at fault here. Less hand-wringing and more building planning. I day in hell = reading Paregy's pseudo-religious tripe.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 26 Oct 09 12:11

Quoting: Paregy

Re: Earthquake God's will - 26 Oct 09 12:15

Mmm, tasty.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 26 Oct 09 12:49

Quote:

funny shit! are they real? laugh

Re: Earthquake God's will - 26 Oct 09 12:53

Btw vulgy. They make have removed the sate babi place from cinere. But there's one I noticed in PI plaza right near de hooi. So now you can have pig followed by beer. Or beer followed by pig. Or beer, pig, beer. The opportunities are endless.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 26 Oct 09 12:58

I hate when they make have remove places.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 27 Oct 09 00:36

Btw vulgy. They make have removed the sate babi place from cinere. But there's one I noticed in PI plaza right near de hooi. So now you can have pig followed by beer. Or beer followed by pig. Or beer, pig, beer. The opportunities are endless.

Noy sure if this is the best place to post this, but have you read Passport to the Pub? Linked from today's Graun. Should be required reading for anyone in or visiting the UK.

http://www.sirc.org/publik/ptpintro.html

Re: Earthquake God's will - 27 Oct 09 16:20

Re: Earthquake God's will - 27 Oct 09 16:32

wtf has she got to do with earthquakes???

Posted by: 12345ss

Re: Earthquake God's will - 28 Oct 09 03:07

god sent earthquake to 'warn' sinner?
wow, god is a terrorist.
Posted by: Paregy

Re: Earthquake God's will - 28 Oct 09 13:18

Quoting: Sammy Jankis

I have ever eaten that 'balls' at warung "Sup Kambing" often when lived in Solo. It's sooooo....delicious!!

And it's still delicous also to enjoy the balls of a man, hmmm... Yum..yum...yummy on the tongue... grin
Posted by: linnaen

Re: Earthquake God's will - 28 Oct 09 13:56

!

Re: Earthquake God's will - 28 Oct 09 14:05

you're telling me, linn. it's disgraceful when women behave just like us.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 28 Oct 09 14:27

Quoting: KuKuKaChu

I don't know about you Ku, but I have never mentioned my feelings about having another man's balls on my tongue

Re: Earthquake God's will - 28 Oct 09 16:17

Quoting: linnaen
Quoting: KuKuKaChu

I don't know about you Ku, but I have never mentioned my feelings about having another man's balls on my tongue

you didn't?! i could have sworn ...

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 11:31

Quoting: 12345ss
wow, god is a terrorist.

if ompong doesnt believe in God, how come he hates sinner?
Posted by: Bu Kaki

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 11:40

Quoting: 12345ss
wow, god is a terrorist.

if ompong doesnt believe in God, how come he hates sinner?

That's a good point, adelina! If there is no God, why isn't ompong out getting his jollies raping and murder and ripping everybody off? Without God, there is no reason to be good, right?

Silly atheists. They get to do whatever they want and they don't do it! Why aren't they all in super sex orgies! That seems to be what most Muslims and Christians would do without God to stop them.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 11:49

I would imagine the threat of death by firing squad would be quite a good reason for an atheist not to get his jollies in that manner. Especially if there is no belief in a god, and therefore an afterlife.

Surely it should be the other way around? If you can do all you want, then just apologise and say you believe before they shoot, there is less of a reason to behave.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 11:56

Quoting: linnaen
I would imagine death by firing squad would be quite a reasonable reason not to get his jollies in that manner. Especially if there is no belief in a god, and therefore an afterlife.

Surely it should be the other way around? If you can do all you want, then just apologize and say you believe before they shoot, there is less of a reason to behave.

Yes, but GOD is ALWAYS watching, Linnaen. smile The police are only watching sometimes, and they might not catch you. If you are an atheist, you can always wear a mask so the girl doesn't see your face and then rape her when the local cop is asleep. You can never rape on GOD's watch, because GOD never sleeps! He never even blinks! In fact he probably doesn't even have any eyelids, because there wouldn't be any point in having them, if you were GOD. Eyelids are a bit like belly-buttons in that way. smile But I don't know. GOD tells us that we can never know GOD untill he lets us into his garden again, so we really shouldn't be arrogant enough to say whether or not he has eyelids for certain.

Another thing you obviously haven't thought of: when do you know to repent? If you carry out a crime, maybe then a Bus will run you over before you can repent? smile

I think you will find that GOD will know that you are a for-life sinner too, so you probably will be run over BEFORE you repent, because GOD knows everything, including how your life is going to play out! And if he can control the sun and the moon and the earth, then surely he can cut the brakes on an old Jakarta bus smile

There's an old story in my family, about a great uncle who turned his back on GOD. He studied turtles all his life and became a Darwinian atheist. He spent so much time with turtles, he forgot all about GODS WORD. But when he was about to die, he called for a priest. The family called for the priest to come, but he died before the priest arrived. That was GOD.

GOD works in mysterious ways

It is very arrogant to think that God doesn't know your atheist tricks.

GOD is like a hurricane, and you need to be in the lidless eye of GOD if you want to have LIFE. Everything else will be swept away.

Praise be to GOD! Stay strong in GOD. You take care of your body - let him exercise your soul!

Stay strong in GOD, Adelina. You are right because you know GOD is right.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 12:35

Dear Adelina, I just read back the rest of this thread I saw some of the awful things Mr Ompong said about GOD.

I just want to know that you have a BELIEVER with you.

Mr Ompong - Let's call him Wrongpong! - said before that it was unfair that GOD sent earthquakes to Indonesia and not other places and showed that GOD was Mean. THIS IS NOT TRUE!

The reason GOD send earthquakes to Indonesia and not England and Australia is because in England and Australia they are already unbelievers and so already DOOMED. It is too late for GOD to save them now.

He sends earthquakes to Indonesia to TEST THE FAITH OF THE BELIEVERS. Because GOD cares about his children. smile

Don't let the unbelievers let you stray from the path of GOD, Adelina. Stay STRONG IN GOD smile

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 12:58

Adelina, one of the ways you can stay strong is by listening to good music about GOD's WORK.

Here is a very good recent one for you to download.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2912250

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 13:12

Lovely bit 'o' Chris to finish off with there.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 13:21

GOD still loves you, OmPong. GOD still loves you even if you forsake him. But GOD will always take you back if you repent now with all your heart. smile

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 14:09

Sorry big fella. No hard feelings ay?

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 14:17

Quoting: Colin Pow
Adelina, one of the ways you can stay strong is by listening to good music about GOD's WORK.

I didn't think any of the gods condoned stealing?

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 14:23

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 14:27

GOD didn't condone the internet either - find me the passage!

Bet you didn't think of that one smile

You see, Adelina -- the atheists think they are so much cleverer than GOD, but his mind stretches to every corner of the universe, to places the human mind cannot even imagine.

And it's not stealing when it comes to spreading GOD's word. That's a gift smile

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 14:45

I didn't say anything about the internet, however
Christianity and Judaism: Exodus Chapter 12, or leviticus 19:11
and in the Islam version of the book Qur'an 5:38 seem to suggest that whichever mainstream religion you belong to stealing is a bit of a no-no

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 15:37

I'm bored, I think I'll go and piss them all off - pork sausages with leavened bread on a Friday

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 16:11

You see, Adelina, all the Atheist has is bitter jokes, and a big void that can never be filled, no matter how much sausage and beer you stuff up it.

But GOD is always ready to fill you up with what you need -- his love.

Just think how much stronger you are than these heathens, with GOD in your HEART. smile

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 16:14

You talk as if you are some authority on GOD, quoting the Bible and the Holy Al-Quran, but you know nothing of the holy compulsion to spread GOD's WORKS. Do you think GOD cares about the profits of HMV? How do you not know that GOD has created the Internet in order that his word be spread to every corner of the earth? You do not know his plans.

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 16:37

It's spelled prophets

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 16:39

Re: Earthquake God's will - 30 Oct 09 18:18

But GOD is always ready to fill you up with what you need -- his love.

My old priest used that line on me all the time. Told me to close my eyes, and I'd feel gods love gushing into my mouth soon enough.