Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex

Posted by: Piss Salon

Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 02:34

Fairy Tale of a Prince and His Bride Turns to Nightmare
Nurfika Osman
The Jakarta Globe | April 23, 2009

While many might think the nation talks of nothing but elections, online media and local newspapers have been obsessed with a fairy tale that has turned into a family’s nightmare — the apparent kidnapping of their teenage daughter by her Malaysian-prince husband.

Not even the Ministry of Foreign Affairs knows what has happened to former model Manohara Odelia Pinot, 17, after she was whisked off in the prince’s private jet in Saudi Arabia on Feb. 26.

Teguh Wardoyo, who heads the ministry unit charged with protecting Indonesian nationals living overseas, said on Wednesday that the Malaysian government was remaining silent. “They won’t even speak to our ambassador, who has asked them to investigate the case,” Teguh said. “The fact that Manohara’s husband is a prince seems to be hampering the investigation.”

Her husband, Tengku Temenggong Muhammad Fakhry, is a prince from Kelantan State.

Manohara married Tengku in Malaysia in August 2008, but then reportedly returned to Indonesia in October complaining of domestic violence, Teguh said. She was 16 at the time of the wedding, of which her father, Reiner Pinot Noack, disapproved. She later returned to her husband.

The kidnapping allegedly occurred when the prince’s family and Manohara, her mother and sister were in Saudi Arabia for Islam’s minor pilgrimage, or umroh. Teguh said both the families were preparing to return to Malaysia. But when the prince, his family and Manohara were aboard the jet, the door was closed and the jet took off, leaving Manohara’s mother and sister behind.

Her mother, Daisy Fajarina, has since accused the husband of kidnapping Manohara. She has not heard from her daughter.

“Malaysia is a law-based country, but where is the law when they have not answered our request?” Teguh asked, adding that the ministry had tried hard to trace Manohara. “The Malaysian government has even issued a ‘visitor prohibition’ against the young lady’s mother,” he said. This was considered a sign of disrespect by Malaysia as it had cut a mother-daughter relationship.

Before marrying Tengku, Manohara was reportedly in a relationship with Adrie Bakrie, the son of Coordinating Minister for People’s Welfare Aburizal Bakrie, and had been voted one of Indonesia’s 100 Precious Women by Harper’s Bazaar fashion magazine.

Din Syamsudin, head of Islamic organization Muhammadiyah and vice chairman of the Indonesian Council of Ulema, urged on Wednesday for Foreign Ministry and police action. “I am afraid she is in a very bad situation.”

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 02:37

Lets do the math. The victim, now 17, got married at 16, after she dated Adrie Bakrie.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 02:39

Manohara Odelia Pinot
Posted by: kenyeung

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 06:40

This time last year she was 'Current Obsession' on the Indonesian Stupid Spoiled Whores website known as Jakarta Social Blog. Lots of comments and links at the end of the page.

Posted by: chewwyUK

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 06:50

i almost forgot about that steaming pile of pooh of a site. What do you think the young lady sees in this guy:

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 07:27

Quoting: Piss Salon
Manohara married Tengku in Malaysia in August 2008, but then reportedly returned to Indonesia in October complaining of domestic violence

Malaysia Today goes a bit further, reporting that she was slashed with a razor blade and raped. It also implies the prince is a right prick.

Najib! Where Is The Indonesian Model Manohara?
Malaysia Today
April 22, 2008

A startling allegation has surfaced in a Surabaya newspaper about a member of the Kelantan royal household, Muhammad Fakhry (the son of the ruler) who is said to have 'abducted and abused' his 17-year-old Indonesian model wife. According to the Surya newspaper, the family of Manohara Odelia Pinot is now in the dark as to her whereabouts and fear for her safety.

They also claimed that the French Indonesian model, who was named as one of the country’s top models by an international magazine, was cut with a razor blade by her husband. Manohara’s parent tried to enter Malaysia to reclaim their daughter but was stopped by the Immigration Department, under the instruction of the Raja Perempuan of Kelantan (the ruler’s wife), and Najib, the prime minister of Malaysia.

Manohara’s mother, Daisy Fajarina, said the royalty had forcefully taken her daughter away in a private jet from Saudi Arabia, where the family had gone to perform the umrah (pilgrimage) last month. Manohara’s family was invited to perform the umrah between Feb 25 and March 9 this year in order to reconcile with the royalty.

Muhammad Fakhry (The Tengku Temenggong) married this rich and pretty Indonesian girl, Manohara on August 26, 2008. Before the marriage, on New Year’s Eve of December 2007, Muhammad Fakhry had forcefully raped her. The marriage took place in August 2008. This marriage, in the opinion of The Mighty Pen, was forced upon Muhammad Fakhry, who earlier consented only to an informal marriage called ‘nikah siri’. This is the standard practice of Muslim men wanting to marry more than one wife (or even for first timers), not wanting to attract too much publicity. Or you may want to call it a ‘secret marriage’. This is quite common in Indonesia. Many wealthy Malaysians keep mistresses in Bandung, Surabaya, etc under this secret marriage practice, without the knowledge of their wives in Malaysia.

After a short duration of the official marriage, Manohara left the prince and stayed back in Indonesia, before she was hoodwinked by the Kelantan royal family by inviting her and her family members to perform the Umrah. Daisy claimed that her daughter had run away to Indonesia earlier after a short duration of marriage, complaining of frequent abuse by her 31-year-old husband.

In December 2006, Daisy and Manohara were invited to attend a dinner with the then Deputy Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak and this was where the model had met her husband. The invitation was made through a close friend. Why Najib?

The anguished mother said she had filed a complaint with the Indonesian embassy in Jeddah after the incident. She had also tried to come to Malaysia to track down her daughter but alleged that she was denied entry at the “request of the Kelantan palace.” (Najib’s dirty hand of play can be seen here, a similarity to Altantuya’s case). Daisy, who claims to have evidence of her daughter being abused, had also sought the help of the Indonesian Foreign Ministry. “My child has been tortured; her chest has been cut with a razor. This is what people in the palace who were sympathetic with our plight have told me,” she added.

Najib is expected to be grilled by the local Indonesian media on this issue for sure. The similarity between the Altantuya’s case and this is telling. The Kelantan royalty cannot keep quiet on this issue! Let her come out in the public and make an official statement from Indonesia! Otherwise you will be held responsible for her life! Do not forget Muhammad Fakhry had sex with an underage girl before she became his wife! The international community is watching this major development. Another embarrasment for Najib and the Kelantan royalty. Tengku Razaleigh is one of the guardians of law in Malaysia. We are sure he will advise his family members wisely.
Posted by: KuKuKaChuModerator

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 08:11

Lets do the math.

erm ... excuse me?

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 09:20

"Muhammad Fakhry (The Tengku Temenggong) married this rich and pretty Indonesian girl, Manohara on August 26, 2008. Before the marriage, on New Year’s Eve of December 2007, Muhammad Fakhry had forcefully raped her. The marriage took place in August 2008."

So let me get this right. He rapes her on NYE 2007 and she thinks it's a good idea to marry him 6 months later??? She has also gone from a bakrie to a prince with a reputation for being a prick.

Somebody who has been here longer please explain this to me. Would i be right in thinking that after he raped her the parents got involved and the forced the marriage situation as he had taken her virginity? Or is she / the family willing to go with anybody as long as they are worth a few billion dollars?

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 09:34

Quoting: chewwyUK
Would i be right in thinking that after he raped her the parents got involved and the forced the marriage situation as he had taken her virginity? Or is she / the family willing to go with anybody as long as they are worth a few billion dollars?

so, just how much was *your* virginity worth, chewwy?
Posted by: linnaen

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 09:41

Tuppence, and it was a rip-off at that.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 10:09

A bag of sweets and a small puppy

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 15:36

Malaysian PM Najib wasn't taking questions on the subject at the State Palace today, so all the journos rushed down to the National Commission on Violence Against Women for a press conference held by the commission and the mother. Unfortunately she was sobbing hysterically the whole time and kept fainting.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 15:42

Unfortunately she was sobbing hysterically the whole time and kept fainting.

sounds a little on the sus side. the words rekayasa and sandiwara spring to mind.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 16:34

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
Unfortunately she was sobbing hysterically the whole time and kept fainting.

sounds a little on the sus side. the words rekayasa and sandiwara spring to mind.

For the bahasa Indonesia-challenged, Rekayasa Sandiwara is a popular Indonesian bikini model, notorious for picking up men in chatrooms and online forums.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 16:57

i wonder what's on their agenda ... seems a lot of trouble to come here just because of Rekayasa Sandiwara.

President Welcomes Malaysian Prime Minister
Thursday, 23 April, 2009 | 13:58 WIB

TEMPO Interactive, Jakarta: President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono welcomed Malaysian Prime Minister Dato Sri Mohd Najib bin Tun Abdul Razak. His trip to Indonesia is a first-time visit since he was inaugurated as Malaysian Prime Minister on April 3, replacing Abdullah Badawi.

He is accompanied by eight ministers including Foreign Affairs Minister, the Defense Minister, Trade Minister, Transportation Minister, Home Affairs Minister, Plantation Affairs Minister, Agricultural Minister, and Manpower Minister.

The Malaysian delegation will have a bilateral meeting with Indonesia. The meeting will discuss the bilateral relationship between Indonesia and Malaysia in various fields and regional and international issues.

It is scheduled that Najib Rajak will meet Vice President Jusuf Kalla, Chairman of the People's Consultative Assembly (MPR), and speaker of the House of Representatives (DPR).

GUNANTO ES

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 16:57

You're Reka yeah? That's awesome.

And this is the second case involving Najib in the disappearance of a hot young thing. The first girl ended up murdered.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 17:08

indeed, Encik Najib seems rather accident prone.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 18:25

I must say that in all of this, the mother comes across as a complete whore who sold off her daughter. I could be wrong of course.

Anyway, here he is. The Prince of Darkness.

http://sjsandteam.wordpress.com/2009/04/22/najib-where-is-the-indonesian-model-manohara/

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 18:26

I wonder if he used his kris to cut her up?

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 18:33

You're Reka yeah? That's awesome.

I wish, but I look pretty ordinary in a bikini. Much better in a figure-hugging dress.

And this is the second case involving Najib in the disappearance of a hot young thing. The first girl ended up murdered.

Good article here about the murdered woman, Altantuya, whose body was blown up with explosives after she was killed. And a private detective who said Najib (the new prime minister, not the prince) had been screwing Altantuya has now gone missing.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Apr 09 18:55

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak dodged questions about the alleged abduction of a young model by a Malaysian prince as he met Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in Jakarta on Thursday.

Reporters covering the press conference after the leaders met at the presidential palace were refused permission to ask about the case of 17-year-old Indonesian-American model Manohara Odelia Pinot.

As they fielded approved questions about closer bilateral relations and economic cooperation, Manohara’s mother held an emotional press conference of her own to plead with Najib for help in finding her socialite daughter.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 24 Apr 09 15:39

If she's so bloody irreplaceable, why the fuck did you pimp her off you fucking flesh trader!

Nurfika Osman
‘My Manohara Is Irreplaceable,’ Mother Pleads

Daisy Fajarina, the mother of a missing 17-year-old Indonesian-American model married to a Malaysian prince, says her son-in-law’s family offered her a million-dollar apartment if she would cut all contact with her daughter, Manohara Odelia Pinot.

“Even if they offer me the world, I cannot accept it, Manohara is irreplaceable,” she said, choking back tears. “I just want them to give back my daughter.”

Speaking at a packed news conference at the National Commission on Violence Against Women, the distraught woman, who later fainted, repeated claims that her daughter was kidnapped by her husband and spirited away by private jet from Saudi Arabia on Feb. 26. She claims Malaysian authorities have stopped her visiting the country to check on her daughter’s condition.

Late on Thursday, the Web site Malaysiakini.com reported that this ban had been lifted. “The order has been rescinded. We have informed the Indonesian Embassy. Our embassy in Jakarta has also informed the authorities there,” an official told the site.

The alleged kidnapping occurred after the prince’s family, Manohara, her mother and sister went to Saudi Arabia for Islam’s minor pilgrimage, or umroh. As both families were preparing to return to Malaysia from Jeddah, Manohara’s relatives were left on the tarmac as the jet took off.
The case has threatened to become a diplomatic incident.

In Indonesia, Manohara’s fate has consumed readers of tabloid newspapers, TV, Web sites and blogs, making the relatively unknown beauty a household name.

Manohara, named one of Indonesia’s 100 Precious Women by Harper’s Bazaar magazine, was 16 when she married Tengku Temenggong Muhammad Fakhry, a prince of Kelantan, on Aug. 26 last year in an Islamic ceremony at the prince’s palace.

Daisy said her daughter, then 14, met the prince at a gala dinner hosted by then Deputy Prime
Minister Najib Tun Razak in Malaysia. “The prince came to me and asked my permission to be friends with Manohara,” she said.

By coincidence, Najib was in Jakarta for a state visit on Thursday and separately held a press conference with President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono at almost the same time. Najib was besieged with reporters’ questions on the case and whether he knew Manohara. He declined to comment.

Daisy said that early last month a representative of the prince’s family came to Indonesia and offered her the apartment and a sum of money to break ties with her daughter. “Manohara is ours,” Daisy claimed the emissary said.
Daisy and her first daughter, Dewi, formally reported the case to the National Commission on Violence Against Women on Thursday after trying to reach Manohara via official channels.

She said the prince had always been polite and lovable, so she let him marry her daughter. “I thought my feeling was right about him as he was so nice, and I do believe every mother wants the best for their children, but I was wrong,” she sobbed.

Daisy said Manohara’s biological father, an American, disagreed with the marriage. The couple are divorced and the father lives in the United States.

In her last phone conversation with Manohara, on March 21, she said her daughter was desperate. “She was crying and wanted me to bring her back to Indonesia.”

Posted by: bruxellois

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 25 Apr 09 23:57

fascinated by this story, even wrote about it in my blog.
but what fascinates me more is the fact that the media blows this out of proportion while abuse/rape cases towards TKI (migrant workers/domestic helpers) happen everyday in Saudi/Malaysia/S'pore but nobody bats an eyelash.

It's as if beautiful indonesians are worth more than commoners. Kinda makes me sick.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Apr 09 06:44

Quoting: bruxellois
abuse/rape cases towards TKI (migrant workers/domestic helpers) happen everyday in Saudi/Malaysia/S'pore but nobody bats an eyelash. It's as if beautiful indonesians are worth more than commoners. Kinda makes me sick.

JakChat batted an eyelash: http://jakchat.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/93544

Whenever an Indonesian maid has suffered too much abuse at the hands of her employer in the Middle East and kills her tormentor - and then gets put on trial and faces the death sentence - the story is usually big news in Indonesia (if the Indonesian media find out about it). Likewise, cases of maid abuse in Malaysia and Singapore are often in the news here and have sometimes prompted protests outside those two countries' embassies in Jakarta.

As for the beautiful jet-set getting the most attention, it's just because of demand for that crap. I mean, who the fuck would watch E! or those stupid, vacuous celebrity gossip shows in Indonesia? Heaps of people seem to have an insatiable appetite for that sort of mindless junk.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Apr 09 07:52

fascinated by this story, even wrote about it in my blog.
but what fascinates me more is the fact that the media blows this out of proportion while abuse/rape cases towards TKI (migrant workers/domestic helpers) happen everyday in Saudi/Malaysia/S'pore but nobody bats an eyelash.

It's as if beautiful indonesians are worth more than commoners. Kinda makes me sick.

i feel the fascination with this story is because it involves Malaysian royalty, who are the absolute scum of the earth. they literally get away with murder.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Apr 09 09:28

i feel the fascination with this story is because it involves Malaysian royalty, who are the absolute scum of the earth. they literally get away with murder.

Rekayasa Sandiwara spoke out against Malaysian royalty in a recent edition of Playboy Indonesia.
Posted by: Polisi Cepek

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Apr 09 15:26

Is that really her name? Surely the cruelest joke of a name to bestow upon a child since ... well, since mine.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Apr 09 15:30

They're tackling the tough issues in Playboy Indonesia.

"Onani tiap hari? Boleh!"
"Wanking every day? It's Ok!"

Although Australia's ex-outcast Indonesian dissident journalist gets an interview, so that balances things. He's actually a bit of an intellectual snob, I wonder how he felt about being butted up against the wanking article.

LOL.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Apr 09 15:42

Mr Aditjondro?

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Apr 09 16:08

Quoting: Polisi Cepek
Is that really her name? Surely the cruelest joke of a name to bestow upon a child since ... well, since mine.

Why? I thought it was just a name. Does it mean something? Her name, that is, not yours.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Apr 09 16:12

It's hilarious, surely? Two words which suggest everything about her is fake. Never a more appropriate name for an Indonesian socialite.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Apr 09 16:15

Rekayasa is often used metaphorically to mean something engineered, meant to deceive; and Sandiwara also frequently used to mean a pretence, literally a theatrical performance.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Apr 09 16:25

Ah, thanks for that. Looks like I should read Playboy Indonesia more frequently.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Apr 09 16:36

yeah. me too.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Apr 09 18:43

Quoting: kenyeung
Ah, thanks for that. Looks like I should read Playboy Indonesia more frequently.

Oh, since yours & Kuku's Indonesian is much better than mine, I should've guessed you were being facetious.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Apr 09 19:21

don't you just hate fucking smug smart arses?

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Apr 09 01:28

Rekayasa Sandiwara spoke out against Malaysian royalty in a recent edition of Playboy Indonesia.

Ken, I doubt this is a real playboy cover, if it is, then i must be very, VERY famous.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Apr 09 01:30

and,
yeah, jakchatters batted an eyelash or two. but not many indonesians out there do, not many who matter and can actually stop this from ever happening again, anyway.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Apr 09 02:34

Castrating all men at birth would be one way.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Apr 09 12:13

Kelantan prince and Indonesian wife at wedding
thestar online
Monday April 27, 2009

A KELANTAN prince and his Indonesian model wife, who have been the subject of much discussion on the Internet, made a surprise appearance at the wedding of PAS vice-president Datuk Husam Musa’s son in Kota Baru on Saturday.

The Malay dailies reported that Tengku Temenggong Tengku Muhammad Fakhry Petra, 31, and his wife, Cik Puan Temenggong Manohara Odelia Pinot, 17, appeared relaxed and smiling, and even posed for pictures with the wedding couple.

The prince, who was attired in black, and his wife, who was dressed in a pink baju kurung and matching selendang, were seen holding hands and smiling at each other.

The scene was in stark contrast to Indonesian news reports which quoted Manohara’s mother Daisy Farajina as saying that the prince had forcibly taken her away in a private jet in Saudi Arabia.

There have also been reports that the Indonesian model ran away from the prince due to abuse.

Mingguan Malaysia also reported that Manohara was seen attending two state functions in Kelantan.

Happy: Tengku Muhammad Fakhry and Cik Puan Temenggong Manohara attending the wedding in Kampung Kota, Kota Baru on Saturday.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Apr 09 12:18

I doubt this is a real playboy cover, if it is, then i must be very, VERY famous.

I didn't notice your name there at first. Wow! You really are famous. Did they take any photos of you for the magazine?

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Apr 09 12:19

still no sign of Rekayasa Sandiwara ...

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Apr 09 12:31

Another report on the prince and his model wife appearing happy together:

Manohara and her prince make surprise appearance at wedding
The News Straits Times
2009/04/26
By : Sharifah Mahsinah Abdullah

KOTA BARU: Guests at the wedding of the son of Pas vice-president Datuk Husam Musa were surprised when Kelantan prince Tengku Temenggong Tengku Muhammad Fakhry Petra and his wife, Cik Puan Temenggong Manohara, made an appearance.

Despite the Internet buzz on her whereabouts, Tengku Fakhry, 31, and former model Manohara Odelia Pinot, 17, looked rather relaxed and enjoyed the ceremony which was held at Husam's house in Kampung Kota, here.

Shortly after their arrival, the prince and Manohara, who was dressed in a pink baju kurung with a matching selendang, greeted the guests who were sitting in a tent.

They then proceeded to the house to meet the bride and groom.

They had lunch with the newlyweds, Ahmad Syafi Husam, 21, and Indah Purnasari Didin, 18, and Husam and his wife Datin Ruhana Abdul Rahman. The couple spent about 40 minutes at the ceremony.

Tengku Muhammad Fakhry Petra (second from left) and Cik Puan Temenggong Manohara (third from left) with the newlyweds, Ahmad Syafi Husam and Indah Purnasari Didin.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Apr 09 12:50

According to the New Straits Times, Rima Fauzi and others owe an apology. Personally I think a staged wedding appearance proves nothing. Also, Fauzi is beyond reproach if she has appeared in Playboy.

EDITORIAL: Feast of lies
New Straits Times
2009/04/27

APOLOGIES -- at the very least -- are called for. Having suffered several days of distressing but perhaps predictable reports in the Indonesian and Singaporean press and on the international wire services, it was the height of grace for Tengku Temenggong Tengku Muhammad Fakhry Petra and his wife Cik Puan Temenggong Manohara, the former Odelia Pinot, to issue not a word in response or protest but simply to appear together at the wedding of a family friend. Reports of her torture and torment, as graphically recounted in the regional media, clearly seem greatly exaggerated. While we would dwell no further on the Kelantan royal couple's personal life, beyond hoping their continued happiness together will in time settle whatever unhappiness resides in others close to them, we cannot be so sanguine or hopeful over the erosion of reason apparently afflicting even the professional media these days.

When an aggrieved party's scandalous allegations are leapt on and gnawed to the bone without even a perfunctory attempt at verification, the damning lapse lies in the notion that a lie is news and ought to be reported as such. For the yellow press to make a meal of this is predictable, and their readership would have it no other way. For respected wire services and leading newspapers to pick up the "story", however, running it under headlines such as "Najib dodges queries on model" in reference to the Malaysian prime minister's refusal to take questions on the subject during his official visit to Jakarta last week, suggests that the much-touted need for the "old" media to learn from the "new" is barking up the wrong tree. When sentiment matters more than fact; when any accusation, no matter how outrageous, is deemed to need response or be held as true, some old-fashioned professionalism in reporting would seem a brave rearguard action in defence of the increasingly quaint notion of getting the story right.

As information and communications technology rolls ever onward, enabling ever more virulent text-message scams, invasions of privacy and scandalous rumour-mongering, along with all the benefits of reach, ubiquity and coolness now so piously upheld by those recognising the ascent of ICT over all previous media, it's appropriate once again to haul out the famous observation of 1970s media guru Marshall McLuhan: "The medium is the massage." What really matters is the message, not the medium of its "massage". And we could all be doing a lot better in getting our messages straight.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Apr 09 18:40

I dont think I owe anybody an apology, and negative on the playboy thing. This is the first time I heard of it.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Apr 09 23:34

Well if everything's hunky dory, why is her mum blacklisted from entering the country and the Indonesian Ambassador prevented from checking on her condition at he family's request?

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Apr 09 08:35

Well if everything's hunky dory, why is her mum blacklisted from entering the country and the Indonesian Ambassador prevented from checking on her condition at he family's request?

possibly because she's an lying, hysterical, blood-sucking, money-obsessed bitch.

have i asked you about your girlfriend recently??

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Apr 09 08:57

There is that side of it .. I mean the mum sold her off at 16 years of age to an ugly bald twat (I know, I know. People in glass houses). Maybe she is making all this fuss because she wants more money

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Apr 09 09:17

Maybe she is making all this fuss because she wants more money

:rocketscientist:

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Apr 09 10:37

Manohara’s Mom Says One Smiley Photo Is Not Enough
By Nurfika Osman
The Jakarta Globe
April 27, 2009

The mother of Indonesian-American teen model Manohara Odelia Pinot, who said her daughter had been kidnapped by her Malaysian husband, says a picture published in a Malaysian newspaper on Sunday showing her daughter smiling was no guarantee she was happy.

The picture shows Manohara, 17, and her Malaysian-prince husband, Tengku Temenggong Muhammad Fakhry, at the wedding on Saturday of the son of Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party vice president Datuk Husam Musa.

The prince and Manohara, who was dressed in a bright pink outfit, sat side by side and appeared to be relaxed and enjoying the event at Husam’s house in Kota Bharu, the capital of her husband’s state of Kelantan.

“A photo can never guarantee what Manohara really feels,” Daisy Fajarina said on Monday. “I need to talk and meet her to make sure that she is fine. But [her husband’s family] do not allow me to contact my own daughter.”

She regretted that the Kelantan Palace had used a picture of Manohara, published in the New Straits Times, to make people think her daughter was fine.

“Why do they just publish pictures? Pictures can lie and people’s facial expressions always change. We cannot give a sad expression all the time,” she said, claiming the prince’s family would not have cut off access to her daughter if they had not had something to hide.

Manohara was 16 when she married the prince on Aug. 26 last year in an Islamic ceremony at Kelatan Palace.

She returned to Indonesia in October but later went back to her husband.

The alleged kidnapping occurred when the prince’s family and Manohara, her mother and sister were in Saudi Arabia for the minor Islamic pilgrimage, known as umroh . Both families were preparing to return to Malaysia, but once the prince, his family and Manohara were aboard the jet, it took off, leaving Manohara’s mother and sister behind.

Last Thursday, Daisy and Manohara’s sister, Dewi, reported the affair to the National Commission on Violence Against Women after failing to reach Manohara via official channels.

Daisy said on Monday she had not received any formal acknowledgment that a ban on her from entering Malaysia had been lifted, as officials there claim.

Last week, she claimed that early last month a representative of the prince’s family came to Indonesia and offered her an apartment and a sum of money to break ties with her daughter.

“Manohara is ours,” Daisy claimed the emissary said.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Apr 09 18:10

possibly because she's an lying, hysterical, blood-sucking, money-obsessed bitch.

have i asked you about your girlfriend recently??

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here, but investigating alleged domestic violence is completely reasonable. Of course it should be the Malaysian police that do that, but the mother claims they won't respond to her.

As for my girlfriend, we broke up. Her mother kidnapped her because I wasn't paying the family enough.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Apr 09 18:17

They obviously didn't think semen was legal tender.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Apr 09 18:25

They obviously didn't think semen was legal tender.

There was jewellery too.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Apr 09 18:30

Maybe the serial numbers on your semen were more than two months old, and you forgot to iron it.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Apr 09 18:47

Maybe the serial numbers on your semen were more than two months old, and you forgot to iron it.

Had that problem once while on holiday in Vietnam.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 30 Apr 09 12:50

The latest thrilling updates. No one is

National Police Enlisted to Help Solve Manohara Saga
The Jakarta Globe | April 29, 2009
Farouk Arnaz

Will the National Police be able to provide a happy ending to Manohara Odelia Pinot’s alleged fairy-tale-turned-nightmare saga?

The 17-year-old Indonesian-American model’s mother certainly hopes so.

Daisy Fajarina has turned to the police in her quest to be reunited with her daughter, who she claims was kidnapped by her Malaysian prince husband, Tengku Temenggong Muhammad Fakhry, during a pilgrimage to Mecca in February.

She says she has not been allowed to see, or even speak, with her daughter since, though a Malaysian newspaper published a photo supposedly showing the happy couple at a society wedding over the weekend.

The entire incident threatened to overshadow the visit of Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak to the State Palace last week, with the new leader forced to sidestep questions about the fate of the teenager.

Restrictions preventing Daisy, who claims she was offered a $1 million apartment in Jakarta to sever contact with her daughter, from traveling to Malaysia were apparently removed on the same day Najib met with President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, the day after she held a press conference at the National Commission on Violence Against Women in Jakarta.

Speaking to journalists at the National Police headquarters on Thursday, Daisy said she had asked the police for help in getting her daughter repatriated to Indonesia.

“I fully believe that the police will protect its citizens wherever they may be,” she said.

National Police Chief Gen. Bambang Hendarso said they would investigate whether the alleged kidnapping was a criminal case or not. If there were criminal aspects to it, they would have to liaise with Malaysian police.

Manohara was just 16 when she married the prince on Aug. 26 last year in Kelantan, Malaysia. She returned to Indonesia in October citing abuse, but later went back to her husband.

The Indonesian Eminent Persons Group, or EPG, on Wednesday said it hoped the alleged domestic violence case would not disrupt relations between the two countries, Antara reported.

“Reports on Manohara’s case in various mass and electronic media based on statements by Manohara’s mother, Daisy Fajarina, will hopefully not disrupt relations between the Indonesian and Malaysian peoples,” EPG spokesman Musni Umar said.

Women’s Empowerment Minister Meutia Hatta partly blamed Daisy for marrying off her underaged daughter. “Parents must safeguard their children. If they are still too young do not marry them. Moreover they are not villagers but educated,” she said.

-------------------------------------------------

Family: We will sue royal family, unless...
The Electric New Paper
April 30, 2009

IF WE don't get to see her, we will sue the Kelantan royal family. That's the stand of Ms Manohara Odelia Pinot's family.

They claimed that the 17-year-old Indonesian-French model was abducted by her husband, a Kelantan prince.

In a report published in Utusan Malaysia yesterday, sister Dewi Sariasi Pinot, 20, said she will be heading to Kuala Lumpur soon with her lawyer to discuss the suit.

The saga began when her mother, Mrs Daisy Farajina, told Indonesian newspapers that as the two families were about to leave Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, after completing the umrah (minor pilgrimage), the private jet carrying the prince and her daughter left.

Mrs Daisy and Dewi were left behind.

The mother also claimed that her daughter has complained her husband abused her.

Since the umrah incident at end of Feb, she claimed that she had been denied entry into Malaysia 'at the request of the Kelantan palace'. Ms Manohara was 16 when she married the prince, Tengku Muhammad Fakhry, 32.

But yesterday, businessman Mohd Soberi Shafii said Mrs Daisy had allegedly got into a rage at the prince's house.

He also denied any abuse and explained that the abduction allegation was a misunderstanding.

While he confirmed that Ms Daisy was barred from entering Malaysia, he said this was done to prevent her from causing 'chaos' at the palace. Her arrival in Malaysia was close to the Sultan of Kelantan's birthday.

The Malaysian Immigration Department revoked the restriction against her entry last Friday without elaborating, reported Malaysia's Berita Harian. Meantime, palace officials were tight-lipped.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 30 Apr 09 13:23

You didn't highlight the best bit:

Women’s Empowerment Minister Meutia Hatta partly blamed Daisy for marrying off her underaged daughter. “Parents must safeguard their children. If they are still too young do not marry them. Moreover they are not villagers but educated,” she said.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 30 Apr 09 13:35

You didn't highlight the best bit:

In true Indonesian journalese, buried at the end of the article! Then again, a lead par such as:
Cops might check out the alleged abduction of a stupid spoiled whore, while the Women's Empowerment Minister has blamed the bitch's mother for marrying her off at a young age to Malaysian royal scum.
would probably be inappropriate.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 30 Apr 09 13:38

Agreed re the angle.

I would have added "who sold her daughter into sexual slavery, somewhere after the mother's name, or course.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 31 May 09 20:37

the saga continues. the air-head at the centre of this, Manohari, has just "escaped" to jakarta, and now wishes to become an "activist" and to return to the modelling world.

Mano Ingin Jadi Aktivis & Kembali Jadi Model
Amanda Ferdina - detikNews

Manohara Pulang ke Jakarta
Jakarta - Sebuah pengalaman pahit namun berharga telah mengisi kehidupan model cantik Manohara Odelia Pinot. Berbekal pengalaman tersebut, perempuan berusia 17 tahun ini ingin menjadi seorang aktivis.

"Mano mau menjadi aktivis. Mano mau make sure masyarakat kita yang ada di luar sana tetap terjaga," ujar Mano setelah melakukan konpers di Markas Merah Putih, Jalan Biak, Petojo, Jakarta Pusat, Minggu (31/05/09).

Mano menceritakan, banyak warga negara Indonesia (WNI) yang mengalami hal serupa di luar negeri terutama Malaysia. "Most basic human right itu gak didapatkan di sana," tuturnya.

Selain menjadi aktivis, Mano juga berencana untuk kembali lagi ke dunia model. "Ke dunia model, why not?" imbuh perempuan blasteran AS itu sambil tersenyum. (amd/iy)

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 31 May 09 23:15

Dramatic Escape from rapist prince

Indonesian model home safely after dramatic escape

The Jakarta Post , Jakarta | Sun, 05/31/2009 6:18 PM | World

Manohara Odelia Pinot, an Indonesian model who was reported to have been kept and abused by her Malaysian royal husband, joyfully returned to Indonesia on Sunday, after a dramatic escape from a hotel in Singapore.

Speaking to a packed press conference in Jakarta, the American-descent Indonesian model, who speaks fluent English and French, recounted her movie-like escape: she had to stay long in a bathroom to buy time, refused to be injected and repeatedly pressing the emergency button in the elevator before the Singaporean police came to help her.

“They (Singaporean police) brought me to a room. Mother came to me not long after it. I embraced her,” she said as quoted by Detik.com.

Daisy Fajarini told El-shinta radio she flew to Singapore after learning that her daughter was in the country.

The Foreign Ministry said the American embassy was involved in the process of freeing Manohara. “The ministry coordinated with the United States embassy because Manohara’s biological father is a US national which makes her a US national as well,” the Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson Teuku Faizasyah told The Jakarta Post.
Posted by: total beyoatch

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 01 Jun 09 01:12

first of all, that prince is OLD and FUGLY! she is a teen for god sake.

if i were to marry a prince, i would choose that hot dude from UK, his name is Harry. i'd do anything for him, i mean anything! if he wants nasi goreng i'll cook deliciously. if he wants 69..hell yea baby! if he wants threesome, i'll choose the dude! wink

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 01 Jun 09 03:07

Get many princes in Tegal?

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 01 Jun 09 03:29

Jakarta Globe

‘I Was Drugged and Abused’

Safe again on Indonesian soil, teenage model Manohara Odelia Pinot outlined a horrific story of sexual abuse, confinement and torture at the hands of her Malaysian prince husband after returning to Jakarta on Sunday, following a dramatic weekend escape from him in Singapore.

The picturesque 17-year-old said that Singapore police helped her leave her husband Tengku Temenggong Muhammad Fakhry, the crown prince of Malaysia’s Kelantan State, at a hotel there. They were in the city state with Fakhry’s father, Sultan Ismail Petra Shah II, who is undergoing medical treatment.

“I am still traumatized by all that happened and it has left an impact on me,” she told a press conference after flying back to Jakarta with her mother Daisy Fajarina, sister Dewi Sri Asih and a staff member of the Indonesian Embassy in Singapore.

The plight of Manohara and her fairy-tale marriage that turned into a nightmare began with disturbing news reports in April that she had apparently been kidnapped by Fakhry and his family while in Saudi Arabia in February and taken by private jet back to Malaysia. The media coverage included complaints Manohara made to her mother last year of sexual abuse, and became an international incident after the Malaysian government and Kelantan royal family refused to respond to inquiries.

During a mid-day press conference, and later in an interview with TV One, Manohara confirmed the stories of abuse.
“Sexual abuse and sexual harassment were like a daily routine for me, and he did that every time I did not want to have sexual intercourse,” she said. “I could never think a normal man could do such things.”

Manohara was only 16 at the time of her wedding and her American father, Reiner Pinot Noack, was said to have disapproved of the marriage. The seemingly blissful life of a Malaysian princess soon became a living hell, Manohara said, as she was constantly guarded and spent most of her time in her bedroom in the palace. “Every time I went out for events, they forced me to smile and would torture me if I did not do what they said,” she said.

Manohara said she tried to escape, but was caught by royal family staff and injected with drugs that made her vomit blood. “I was injected twice,” she said.

When confirming a reporter’s question about whether her husband had cut her nipples, she was reluctant to give details. “Yes it is true. Some parts of my body were cut by a razor,” Manohara said.

She said she was in Singapore as Fakhry’s father had suffered a heart attack and needed treatment. While staying at the Royal Plaza Hotel, Manohara secretly called the Singapore police on Saturday night requesting help.

Police responded and confronted the royal family, telling them they couldn’t prevent Manohara from leaving, according to Teuku Faizasyah, spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Jakarta. He said police then called the US and Indonesian embassies for assistance.

“After Manohara was secured by the Singaporean police, our embassy staff in Singapore processed all her documents at the hotel within only four hours from 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Sunday so she could go back to Indonesia immediately,” Teuku said.

Manohara confirmed that the police had helped her escape.

“The police told Fakhry that he would be held in jail if he did not let me go. No one could force me against my will in Singapore and I knew I had a chance to escape here,” she said, adding that she wanted a divorce and would file a police report against her estranged husband.

Manohara also claimed that Indonesian Ambassador for Malaysia Da'i Bachtiar had previously lied about her condition.

“They made it worse by telling lies, saying that I was fine while I was suffering in Kelantan,” she said, adding that no media in Malaysia had reported on her plight.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs denied allegations that its embassy in Malaysia had lied.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 01 Jun 09 06:10

EDITORIAL: Feast of lies
New Straits Times
2009/04/27

APOLOGIES -- at the very least -- are called for. Having suffered several days of distressing but perhaps predictable reports in the Indonesian and Singaporean press and on the international wire services, it was the height of grace for Tengku Temenggong Tengku Muhammad Fakhry Petra and his wife Cik Puan Temenggong Manohara, the former Odelia Pinot, to issue not a word in response or protest but simply to appear together at the wedding of a family friend. Reports of her torture and torment, as graphically recounted in the regional media, clearly seem greatly exaggerated. While we would dwell no further on the Kelantan royal couple's personal life, beyond hoping their continued happiness together will in time settle whatever unhappiness resides in others close to them, we cannot be so sanguine or hopeful over the erosion of reason apparently afflicting even the professional media these days.

When an aggrieved party's scandalous allegations are leapt on and gnawed to the bone without even a perfunctory attempt at verification, the damning lapse lies in the notion that a lie is news and ought to be reported as such. For the yellow press to make a meal of this is predictable, and their readership would have it no other way. For respected wire services and leading newspapers to pick up the "story", however, running it under headlines such as "Najib dodges queries on model" in reference to the Malaysian prime minister's refusal to take questions on the subject during his official visit to Jakarta last week, suggests that the much-touted need for the "old" media to learn from the "new" is barking up the wrong tree. When sentiment matters more than fact; when any accusation, no matter how outrageous, is deemed to need response or be held as true, some old-fashioned professionalism in reporting would seem a brave rearguard action in defence of the increasingly quaint notion of getting the story right.

As information and communications technology rolls ever onward, enabling ever more virulent text-message scams, invasions of privacy and scandalous rumour-mongering, along with all the benefits of reach, ubiquity and coolness now so piously upheld by those recognising the ascent of ICT over all previous media, it's appropriate once again to haul out the famous observation of 1970s media guru Marshall McLuhan: "The medium is the massage." What really matters is the message, not the medium of its "massage". And we could all be doing a lot better in getting our messages straight.

Oh I do hope The Globe will have a nice editorial aimed at the prick who wrote this!

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 01 Jun 09 08:45

Oh I do hope The Globe will have a nice editorial aimed at the prick who wrote this!

you are assuming that the NST got it wrong! malaysian "royalty" are renown for their childishness, greed and cruelty. however, their wrong does not automatically make Manohara right! she should have known what she was getting into, but was blinded by greed and the promise of status/prestige. watch what happens in the future as she shamelessly exploits her story!

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 01 Jun 09 09:05

Well I am sure she knew what she was getting in to as the good prince did rape her before she agreed to marry him! For me it looks more a case of the mothers greed than the daughter.

The editorial was taking a shot at the Indonesian media and had a touch of a smug twat who looks down on others ... all i am saying is that the smug twat deserves to get it both barrels.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 01 Jun 09 09:55

I didn't know about this Manohara girl until this story hits the media. I copied this from a blogger somewhere. My only question is where is her "Daddy"?

On 04.30.09 Lady M shows me love by writing:
You know what, I can’t help but posting a reply here as I have been so sickened by this whole over exposure story of a poor ‘girl’. This is an example of a greedy motherly ‘love’ that gone wild. And now she’s enjoying every bits of media attentions even asking SBY’s wife to get involve? Hello???!!! Excuse me, Madam maybe its a good thing that your daughter is kidnapped so you won’t be able to milk the inlaws anymore. Sorry if this sounds too rude but its just utterly disgusting to watch such drama of the whole situation. What about the millions of missing Indonesian girls/women being sold to the human trafficking and sex industries? Did these even more poor girls/women got any voice out there? The mother is no difference than a low life whose willing to sold his own daughter to this pervert and now she’s screaming at every camera telling the whole world how sad this ‘fairytale’ has become. What a sick sick world we are living today.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 01 Jun 09 09:57

Personally I really, really hate men who abuse women. they are nothing but weaklings and cowards! but women can be abusive to sometimes, not just hitting but in other ways.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 01 Jun 09 09:59

Get many princes in Tegal?

Mana ada Prince di Tegal. only abang-abang becak.
Posted by: Matahari61

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 02 Jun 09 15:44

I am so intrigued by this story..would love to know the truth.....

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 02 Jun 09 15:50

there is no truth in this matter. only two sets of liars.
Posted by: RichardCarpenter

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 02 Jun 09 16:22

Quoting: Matahari61
I am so intrigued by this story..would love to know the truth.....

there is no truth in this matter. only two sets of liars.

...there is the truth. no need to rely on the mainstream Singapore, Malaysian, or Indonesian media. The fountain of truth lies right here on jakchat
Posted by: Sammy Jankis

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 02 Jun 09 16:27

"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me." John 14:6

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 02 Jun 09 17:33

You have to come through Jesus to get to your father? Kinky.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 02 Jun 09 22:41

well, the "model" has just made her first late-night television appearance, and she's every bit as trite and shallow as could be imagined. on trans 7, and, predictably, making fun of malaysian-style bahasa melayu.

we are witnessing the birth of an artis; someone who will feed off being famous for being famous for the rest of their useless lives.

the gal needs to check into jenny craig's.
Posted by: Derek Gratis

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 02 Jun 09 22:45

we are witnessing the birth of an artis; someone who will feed off being famous for being famous for the rest of their useless lives.

Like this old boot you mean? Star of Britain's Got Sea Monsters.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 03 Jun 09 01:16

Here is her blog if you want the truth. there are no torture, no razor cutting. she included her "hubby's blog."

http://manoharapinot.blogspot.com/2009_03_01_archive.html

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 03 Jun 09 02:37

Not sure I trust the veracity of that 'blog'.
Posted by: mataijo

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 03 Jun 09 06:06

i almost forgot about that steaming pile of pooh of a site. What do you think the young lady sees in this guy:

They ain't Mano nor Bakrie's son!
Posted by: v8dave

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 03 Jun 09 12:47

Quoting: Derek Gratis
Like this old boot you mean? Star of Britain's Got Sea Monsters.

Hey, don't you take the piss out of our beautiful Scottish lassies!!

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 03 Jun 09 16:20

She's a real Morag.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 04 Jun 09 03:10

But this story is getting weirder! Manohara's mother Daisy Fajarina is a fugitive in France?

http://www.amandagallery.com/tag/daisy-fajarina/

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 04 Jun 09 09:30

Quoting: total beyoatch

But this story is getting weirder! Manohara's mother Daisy Fajarina is a fugitive in France?

http://www.amandagallery.com/tag/daisy-fajarina/

the stories there look quite plausible. regardless, that daisy is a first-class bitch.

Manohara: I was just stupid - 12 Jun 09 22:27

Manohara in Her Own Words
Armando Siahaan | The Jakarta Globe
June 12, 2009

Sitting in a room in a hotel in South Jakarta is a 17-year-old girl who has travelled the world, married a prince and run away, and whose face is now famous across Indonesia. Her story is so extraordinary that it is hard to believe. Her fairytale-to-nightmare claims of a whirlwind marriage, kidnapping, abuse and escape have gripped the public, overshadowing the Ambalat row with Malaysia, upstaging the presidential election.

Used to the company of older men, a 16-year-old Manohara last August married the 30-year-old Tengku Temenggong Fakhry, a Kelantan prince. Two months later, she flew home complaining of abuse, then went back late last year. This February, she claims, she was abducted in a jet after a pilgrimage to Jeddah. Her mother, left behind, went public with the tale in April, pleading for her return. On May 31 Manohara made her great escape: in Singapore with her husband, she got out of her hotel and fled to Jakarta. In the latest twist, the prince this Thursday filed a police report in Malaysia, calling the stories of abuse “false allegations”. For many, though, the best part of the story is where Manohara goes next: I keep smiling, she says, and showbiz opportunities are opening up ...

But how did this whirlwind get whipped up? Who is or was the girl behind the claims? These edited extracts from our exclusive interview give an insight into how the Manohara saga came into being.

Who is Manohara?

I was born in Jakarta, February 28, 1992, [during] my mother’s second marriage. My biological father is from the US, but I haven’t had any contact with him. I tried making contact with him, which I regret. My father that I consider, Reiner Pinot, he’s a great guy. I didn’t miss out much on a father because of him.

Can you briefly tell us about your life growing up?

I left Jakarta when I was 9 months old, for Hong Kong for around two years. For less than six months, we lived in Romania. And then I went to Austria, Vienna to be exact. We went to Lausanne, Switzerland, and then Windsor, England, and then France for a long time.

Why all the moving around?

Business. My father [Pinot] was always based in London and the US. But we always traveled around a lot anyway. I came back to Jakarta around three years ago, in 2006.

Why did you come back to Jakarta?

The reason why we came in the first place was because my grandfather was very ill. Actually, he passed away, so we stayed here for the 40 days [mourning period]. And then we just ended up staying.

Where did you go to school?

I was home-schooled actually. I was looking at the other schools like JIS [Jakarta International School] and stuff, but I just didn’t see myself fitting in there. Then I heard about home-schooling. So I finished a couple of years ahead. I graduated high school when I was 16, in 2008. I also skipped a couple of grades in middle school.

What about friends? How do you make new friends?

Making new friends, luckily for me, hasn’t been such a big problem here. I also had a lot of family here, so they introduced me to their friends, [who] became my friends. Making friends, it’s not like a huge challenge for my sister and I. Because of the traveling we’re really open people, so we accept different people and different cultures. We don’t stick with one stereotype of people.

When did your modeling career begin?

The start of it wasn’t so much modeling. For example, the director of Registry just happens to be a friend. So, it was like, “Hey, Mano, why don’t you pose for a cover?” I was like, “OK, sure,” so I just did that several times, just as favors for friends.

After a while, I was like, “Ah, this is fun. I could do it.” I started getting more into casting, but before I could go further with any of that, the Malaysia thing happened.

Could you tell me the different shoots that you’ve done?

I did one for Prestige. That was for the “It List” of the year. It named the young future socialites of Indonesia. I was also in Bazaar. I was the youngest one. The 100 most influential women of Indonesia!

How do you like modeling?

It’s fun, every girl likes to dress up and play around. I think it’s really fun, getting made up and dressed up. Because I’m usually not like that, my group of friends are mostly guys. I don’t think I’m a socialite. If you ask all my friends, I’m just more stay at home. But I mean, I’m social, you know. I like making friends, if they invite me to dinner, parties and stuff, then why not?

Was there any modeling agency you were signed to? What about from TV or film?

No, I didn’t sign to any modeling agency. I never signed any contract with anyone.

How did you feel being young and being in Bazaar?

When they called me, I was actually really surprised. I was thankful and grateful for it. It’s a great compliment. If people look at me that way, then great.

They gave me a title of philanthropist because I do a lot of the charity work myself. Not through an organization, just personally. The reason people don’t know that I do that is because I don’t, like, brag about it too much. Or I don’t do it through organizations. So I just do it myself. So, for example, when there’s a flood, I just literally buy bags of rice and pass it out myself. So it’s really just me and my mom and my sister.

A concrete example: the kids in Menteng, in front of Keris Gallery, I used to go there weekly. I haven’t been there in a while now since Malaysia. I actually want to create a foundation similar to the Big Brother, Big Sister [program] in the US. I don’t know if you’re familiar with that. Basically a place where kids can just express themselves freely and talk, and maybe get counseling after school if they need it. Kids here, after school, unfortunately there’s a lot of begging, they don’t have a place to stay, or they end up going on the streets. Get involved with the wrong types of people. So I just want them to stay in a safe environment. Where they can express themselves freely and safely.

Did you always date someone older?

It’s not really about dating someone older. I always say age is just a number. It’s just that since I was younger, I’ve always hung out with the old e r crowd. I don’t know why, I just relate better to someone older. Some people say I’m just mature. I don’t know.

I didn’t date [Tengku]. The wedding was really, we were just really friends and there was nothing more to it. He just called up and said basically, “I want to introduce you to my parents.” So I was like, “Yeah, great, I’ll come down.”

So we went there, that’s what happened. “You have to get married this week.” I said, “I can’t.” But [the family] said they’d already sent out invitations, the wedding venue’s already there. “Everything’s already been done. If you don’t do this you’ll embarrass the royal family.” And I kept saying, “No, no, no.”

Then they said, “Look, Mano, please do this for us,” and then tomorrow or the next day we’ll go straight back to Jakarta, we’ll go to France, we’ll do everything in order like we weren’t married. Start from zero, start from the beginning.”

But then the next day, they completely forgot about their promises. I don’t know if you can call it a trap, but I felt trapped.

How did you meet Tengku Fakhry and how did things develop?

I met him in 2007, I was 14. I met him at a dinner party, it was the promotion of Visit Malaysia 2007. He introduced himself. It didn’t really develop between me and him. He got my mom’s number.

If he came down to Jakarta, then we’d have dinner. Not just me personally, but all of us with a group of friends. And if I happened to go to Malaysia, then I called him up and [said], “Hey, I’m in town.”

But you never had the impression that he was into you?

I just didn’t see anything. Honestly, I didn’t even consider him a close friend. I just considered him someone I knew. And he was always so quiet and so polite, especially with my mom. “So, aunty, let me carry your bag.” He was just really a goody-two-shoes, a gentlemanly guy.

What happened next?

We went [to Malaysia] on August 17, 2008. [My sister, my mother and I] hung out for a couple days before meeting his parents. When we met the parents, [his] mom was like, “OK, I agree with you the wedding is on the 26th.” I thought she was joking, I started laughing. I was like, “What do you mean?” Apparently they already gave out invitations, they showed them to me, they got my picture from I don’t know where. And Tengku was all smiley. I just got really freaked out and was like, “What did I get myself into?”

It was reported that your dowry was 50,000 ringgit ($14,000). What is your response to the allegation that your mom conspired with the Kelantan Sultanate?

Fifty thousand ringgit is like $15,000. And that, honestly, my mom didn’t get a penny. We had family over, we gave it for their allowance. We didn’t use it that much.

What I don’t understand is that my mom is 43 years old. She met Tengku when she was 40. The other 40 years of her life, how did she manage to support my sister and I? How did she pay for my school? How did she support the rest of the 40 years of her life?

I don’t understand why they’re making these allegations. If they’re talking about the dowry, which is 50,000 ringgit, you can’t get a house, a car and bags through that, you know. It’s not enough. These allegations don’t make sense to me.

Why didn’t you try to escape?

Even if I did try to escape, [as] you saw with my mom, even she could be stopped by his people. Imagine me. So I thought, “Mano, you’re going back to Jakarta the next day, so just get it over and done with.”

Initially, I didn’t even know that he was from a royal family. I just thought he was just someone big. I didn’t know what his businesses were. I didn’t know anything about him. I didn’t know he was from a royal family until after.

What happened after the wedding?

Right after the wedding, in the car going back to his house, he started raising his voice, which was something really new. I was shocked. It wasn’t directed at me, so maybe it was just stress. And then when we went back home, he was like, you have to sleep with me. I said, “Wow, I thought I’m going back to Jakarta tomorrow. What’s going on here?” And then at the time, I was also having my period. I said, “Look, I can’t.” And then he got really rough and started saying, “All Indonesians are prostitutes and can be bought,” and just comments like that. And I was stuck there.

What happened after that?

That night, he kept shouting at me. He told me to sleep on the floor because I wouldn’t serve him as a wife. But in my head, I’m like, “But I’m not actually your wife.” It was extremely frustrating. I was trapped. I was fooled. I was just stupid.

Did you try to contact the outside world?

During the first two months I had Internet, I had my phone. I did [try to contact people outside], and I have done. But you have to realize that they’re extremely powerful in Malaysia.

Were the families repressive?

I wouldn’t say so. Most of the people who helped me get out were members of his family. Most of the time, they’re extremely friendly.

What about the king and the queen?

The sultan was a very nice man. But at the same time, he could’ve done something. It’s just the queen here is just a bit … [pauses] she’s the one that controls the palace.

Between the wedding and Singapore, did you try to escape?

Yes. I kept asking to leave, but then they took my passport. A lot of dramatic events like that. Once I even got my passport and then the driver took me to the airport. They didn’t let him. They told him to take me back to the palace. They planned all these things for me to not go home.

So then, finally, I went to Singapore [in October 2008] for a health checkup. In the morning, I just ran away with my sister. My mom followed the day after.

What happened in October 2008?

I got back to Jakarta. There was one pretty well-known mafia family. They told their son to kidnap me for $250,000, if I’m not mistaken. But fortunately I knew the guy. Thank God, he didn’t.

When you were in Jakarta, was it impossible to divorce your husband?

It was impossible because the marriage was not registered in Indonesia. It was registered there. I couldn’t divorce him there because in Islamic marriage, only the husband could [divorce his wife]. Five months was an extremely short period of time for these kinds of things. So we went to Jeddah.

What happened in Jeddah?

From Mecca, when we were done with the pilgrimage, we drove to Jeddah. And from Jeddah we were supposed to fly to Jakarta. We had tickets and everything. But that’s when he forced me on the plane.

During those times, what discussions did you have with him?

I didn’t have that much discussion with him. Because we weren’t even together most of the time. We probably only met up for dinner.

Why agree to Jeddah?

One of them said, “Look, Manohara, we’re just going to pray. Please, just come and pray, clean our minds with God.” [Tengku said] “I’m sorry, I don’t know what’s wrong with me. So we’re going to pray, hopefully I’ll get better so that I can make it up to you.”

So I said, “Fair enough.”

What happened back in Malaysia?

His father fell ill with a heart attack. We went to hospital in Kotabaru, Kelantan, but then the doctor said it was better to take him to Singapore. I really saw it as a chance to do something. Beforehand, I had one chance where I was out in public at a football game, and I saw a camera from an Indonesian TV station. But I thought to myself, “If I scream, if I do anything here, they have most of the power. So, A, I’m going to get hurt when I get home, and B, they’re going to increase the security, it’s going to be harder for me to do anything.

It’s been reported you’re receiving many offers from the entertainment industry. What is your response to allegations that the whole story was a publicity stunt?

In that case, that means [the Kelantan family] would have to be part of the plan too. We can’t go to Kelantan and say, “Hey, can you kidnap me, and then pretend to torture me, and then you let me go?” I don’t see how that makes sense.

I have proof. I have the doctor saying it is true. I have scars everywhere, and needle marks on my back These are already proof but people don’t believe it.

Does this mean you’re planning to get back into the modeling and entertainment industry?

Fortunately, I’ve had a lot of offers. And I figure, “Why not?”

I’m still young. I still have to continue with my life. It’s also a good way to start making a living on my own.

‘He’s Taken So Much From My Life, I’m Not Going to Let Him Take My Future’

In her interview with the Jakarta Globe, Manohara also went into detail about the abuse that she alleges she suffered at the hands of her husband. Below are edited extracts. Her husband’s lawyer, Haaziq Pillay, declined to comment on the allegations, saying that Tengku Fahkry had filed a defamation complaint with the Malaysian police on the matter:

When did the abuse start?

I don’t remember when. But it was not long before the wedding. I got raped, basically. I didn’t tell anyone. I didn’t tell my mom. Tengku himself acted like it didn’t happen. I was just in denial. I went numb. I didn’t want to believe it.

We were cruising from Singapore to Lombok, to Bali. In the boat he just grabbed me. At the time I was just in the room, sitting there just to wait for my mom. Basically, it just happened. But after that, I just kind of shut down. I didn’t know what to think about myself. Basically, I was just in denial about the whole thing.

If he raped you before you went to Malaysia, why did you accept his invitation?

Because, A, I just didn’t want to believe, so I just tried to completely block that out, and B, after that he was really nice to me. He was extremely sweet and gentlemanly. I didn’t know what happened, actually.

Things got worse after you married him?

I know that March was the burn. I had an iron burn on my neck. And a cigar burn on my forehead. It was just random, he just came by with a cigar. I was ironing, and then he just took the thing. The iron came first. I took pictures of the scars with my BlackBerry.
Between March and April, the mental and sexual abuse was constantly there. I was held there against my will. They kept injecting me with several different medications to [make me] gain weight, to make me fall asleep and some to paralyze me. It was emotionally and mentally exhausting to endure that.

When the whole razor [abuse] started, when things started to get real rough, that was in April. He took an eyebrow razor and cut me around my chest area.

The hardest thing about that was I was aware of it, I could feel it, but I couldn’t move or scream. I don’t know what he had given me.

I could see, hear him, smell him, feel him. I could feel the cuts on my body. It hurt. With the physical pain, I didn’t mind too much.

Just knowing that you have no control over anything and can’t do anything about it was just …

It happened three times. The first thing he marked on me was just a small X on my chest area. And the worst part about it is that he didn’t even slash it fast or anything. [He] just took his time, slowly. He looked as calm as ever. It’s like if you gave someone a paintbrush and told him to draw a flower. It took a little over 20 minutes.

Did he follow with sexual abuse?

Yes. It usually followed or happened beforehand.

Are you traumatized?

No, not traumatized. He’s taken so much from my life in the past, I’m not going to let him to take away my future. Someone once said, “Forgiving is freeing yourself.”

I believe that.

Re: Manohara: I was just stupid - 12 Jun 09 23:18

Malaysian royal denies abuse allegations: lawyer
Fri Jun 12,

KUALA LUMPUR (AFP) – A Malaysian prince has denied abusing his estranged teenage US-Indonesian model wife and threatened to launch legal action against her for making false allegations, his lawyer has said.

Tengku Temenggong Mohammad Fakhry, the prince of Kelantan state, on Thursday lodged a police report in the Malaysian capital denying that he had raped and tortured his 17-year-old wife, his lawyer told the state Bernama news agency.

"A police report has been lodged... we will be contemplating legal action with regard to the false allegation," said the attorney, Haaziq Pillay.

Manohara Odelia Pinot last week told reporters she was treated like a sex slave after her marriage last year to Tengku Fahkry, whose father is the sultan of Kelantan.

She escaped the prince's guards at a Singapore hotel and returned to her family in Indonesia with tales of abuse, rape and torture at the hands of the 31-year-old prince.

District Police Chief Zulkarnain Abdul Rahman confirmed to AFP that a report had been lodged by the prince and that police would investigate.

"The investigations will be transferred to the Kubang Kerian police station in Kelantan as the incident was alleged to have occurred there and comes under the jurisdiction of the police there," he added.

Manohara -- a well-known socialite in Jakarta -- claimed to have been cut with a razor and injected with drugs which made her vomit blood while being held under guard in her bedroom at the palace.

Her lawyer said she had filed a police report on the abuse but Indonesian police say they are unable to investigate as the incidents took place outside their jurisdiction.

An Indonesian forensics expert said Tuesday that Manohara had been physically abused.

"He (Fakhry) is just panicking to guard the good name of his family. We have proof that Manohara was abused. He should be jailed," her attorney Farhat Abbas told AFP.
Posted by: KaraengLolo

Re: Manohara: I was just stupid - 13 Jun 09 09:59

Whole thing reads like a sinetron script.

I choose to change the channel.

Re: Manohara: I was just stupid - 13 Jun 09 11:25

Fresh news! This just in...

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 25 Jun 09 08:23

well, the "model" has just made her first late-night television appearance, and she's every bit as trite and shallow as could be imagined. on trans 7, and, predictably, making fun of malaysian-style bahasa melayu.

we are witnessing the birth of an artis; someone who will feed off being famous for being famous for the rest of her useless life.

see?? told ya so!

Mano Gets Own Soap Opera

by Nurfika Osman

Indonesian teenager Manohara Odelia Pinot, who shot to fame earlier this year after alleging her Malaysian prince husband had abused her, has started work as the star of a new television series, her mother said on Wednesday.

Daisy Fajarina said her 17-year-old daughter would appear in a soap opera, or sinetron, called “Manohara,” now being produced by Jakarta film production house Sinemart for private television channel RCTI.

Daisy claimed she did not push her daughter into the project. “The decision is in Manohara’s hands, whether she wants to be an actress or not,” she said.

RCTI has already begun advertising the series, although no date has been set for its screening. Shooting started last week.

“I am so sad every time I watch the advertisement as it shows Manohara in a miserable condition. It reminds me of her struggle in Kelantan,” Daisy said, referring to the Malaysian state where Manohara lived with her now estranged husband.

Manohara caught the media’s attention after Daisy claimed she had been abducted and abused by her husband, Tengku Temenggong Muhammad Fakhrya. Manohara then became an instant celebrity after escaping while in Singapore, and returning to Indonesia on June 1.

Manohara spent most of her life in Europe after her mother married Frenchman Reiner Pinot Noack. Daisy said her daughter started modeling in 2006 after they moved back to Indonesia from Europe, citing family problems.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 25 Jun 09 11:19

Something had been lost in all of this brou ha ha, namely the fact that young Man O'Hara is an absolute steg. Rather suspiciously you can't see her hands in the above pic. Big flapping hands like a bloke. Definite Adam's apple.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 25 Jun 09 11:26

A munter for sure DG - however I am sure the bitch of a mother has her locked in a sauna and is starving her of food so she reaches her goal weight.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 25 Jun 09 11:30

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 15 Jul 09 09:08

so, the 'model' now says she is going to use all the money she recieved for the soap opera "Manohara" -- USD100,000 -- to build a mosque. and her own little yayasan.

how noble.

report below from detik.com refers to her as "Perempuan bertubuh bongsor"; the overweight woman. i love these indonesian euphemisms ...

oh, and it seems the podgy princess is taking bahasa indonesia lessons.

Manohara Ingin Bangun Masjid Dari Honor Sinetron
Pebriansyah Ariefana - detikhot

Jakarta ManoharaOdelia Pinot disebut-sebut dibayar miliaran rupiah untuk sinetron terbarunya, 'Manohara' yang tayang di RCTI. Lalu dikemanakan honor Manohara tersebut. Mano mengaku akan membangun masjid.

"Rencananya saya mau bangun Masjid, ini lagi cari-cari tanah dan saya mau buat yayasan juga," jelasnya saat ditemui di kantor RCTI, Jl Raya Pejuangan, Kebon Jeruk, Jakarta Barat, Selasa (14/7/2009).

Perempuan bertubuh bongsor itu melanjutkan ia belum terpikir untuk membeli mobil mewah atau rumah bertingkat. Ia masih ingin mendonasikan sebagian pendapatannya untuk kegiatan amal.

Benarkah Mano dibayar Rp 1 miliar? "Mano amin saja," ujarnya.

Untuk sinetronnya yang rencananya akan tayang pada 20 Juli 2009 mendatang Mano banyak belajar bahasa Indonesia. Perempuan blasteran Prancis itu memang belum lancar berbahasa Indonesia. Setiap diwawancara Mano kadang berbahasa Indonesia kadang berbahasa Inggris.

"Saya banyak baca koran dan majalah saja," imbuhnya.

(fjr/fjr)

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 15 Jul 09 09:22

On my recent trip to Malaysia I heard stories that the Prince is going to take her or her mum to court as the royal family are claiming they loaned the family 1 million (USD or RM??) and the loan was never repaid. Personally if it was 1 million RM then it's probably the sum of money the greedy bitch of a mother sold her daughter for!

Either way she aint going to build a mosque and start her own yayasan ... not while her mum lives!

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Jul 09 08:22

allah help us! if the sinetron wasn't enough, now the Manohara saga is heading for the Big Screen!! her estranged -- and alleged psychopath -- malaysian prince is financing the production of a film telling his side of the story.

it's to be called 'Kisah Prahara Cinta Pangeran' (The Tempestuous Tale of a Prince's Love).

apparently things were really hunky dory between the portly prince and the podgy princess, until an unnamed "third party" intervened. this was probably Manohara's mother, Daisy, demanding her pimping fee.

film due for release "late 2009".

i can't wait.

Kisah Cinta Manohara Siap Tayang di Layar Lebar
Adhie Ichsan - detikhot

Jakarta Setelah sinetron, kini kisah cinta Manohara Odelio Pinot siap tayang di layar lebar. Sang Pangeran Kelantan, Tengku Fakhry mengaku siap mendukung penggarapan film tersebut.

'Kisah Prahara Cinta Pangeran' akan mengangkat cerita asmara antara Manohara dan Tengku Fakhry. Namun hubungan cinta mereka kandas karena kehadiran pihak ketiga. Film tersebut digarap oleh sutradara Kardi Syaid.

Sang sutradara mengaku tertarik untuk menggarap 'Kisah Prahara Cinta Pangeran' karena adanya ketimpangan pemberitaan pada kasus Manohara. Menurutnya, masyarakat perlu tahu fakta sesungguhnya.

"Saya lihat ada ketidakseimbangan informasi yang beredar di masyarakat. Selama ini masyarakat hanya mendapat informasi dari Daisy (ibu Manohara-red) dan Manohara," ujar Kardi saat dihubungi detikhot lewat telepon, Rabu (22/7/2009).

Lewat filmnya tersebut, Kardi ingin menyampaikan kisah rumah tangga Mano dan Fakhry dari sisi Istana Kelantan yang menggambarkan kalau sebenarnya pernikahan mereka baik-baik saja dan saling mencintai. Hingga akhirnya hadir pihak ketiga yang mengacaukan semuanya. Siapa pihak ketiga itu?

"Nanti akan ada konflik dari pihak ketiga yaitu ibunya. Ibunya akan jadi antagonis di film itu," ujar Kardi.

Kardi pun mengungkapkan Tengku Fakhry sudah sepakat untuk mendukung penggarapan film tersebut. Tengku pun bersedia istananya dijadikan lokasi syuting.

"Tengku nggak ngasih dana. Ia hanya memberikan ijin kepada kami untuk syuting di Istana Kelantan," jelasnya.

Jika semua berjalan lancar, 'Kisah Prahara Cinta Pangeran' akan mulai digarap September 2009. Dan diharapkan siap tayang di bioskop di Indonesia, Malaysia dan Singapura pada akhir 2009 mendatang.
(hkm/hkm)

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Jul 09 13:33

At least they are taking their time and ensuring high production values

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Jul 09 14:22

Hard to make up my mind. It's like that section in Viz: Borderline Boilers. Your head says no but your nuts say go!

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Jul 09 14:28

you hit the nail on the glans penis, DG.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 23 Jul 09 14:32

A Paranoia Oiled Month
A Dalmatian Hoe Iron Op
A Adamant Oriole Ho Nip
A Armada Nite Pooh Loin

nice.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 25 Jul 09 07:34

From http://thejakartaglobe.com/lifeandtimes/manoharas-newest-drama/319963

Manohara’s Newest Drama

Manohara Odelia Pinot made a media splash in April of this year with claims that she had been kidnapped and abused by her husband, a member of the Malaysian royal family. Already a model before her teen marriage, although little-known by many Indonesians at that time, Manohara’s dramatic claims propelled her into the national consciousness.

With an unblemished Asian-Caucasian look that has been described as “drop-dead gorgeous,” no one should have been surprised — and we weren’t — when local soap opera producers began to vie to give her airtime.

Not only did Manohara get a self-titled sinetron , produced by SinemArt, but private television station RCTI is already running it daily in the 6 p.m. time slot.

But, instead of sticking to the plot of teen meets and marries her prince, only to see the fairy-tale romance disintegrate, “Manohara” the show follows the formula of so many other sinetrons. Girl meets boy, girl meets another boy, girl chooses wrong boy and is destined to endure painfully prolonged consequences.

If you find such melodrama engaging, fear not, as there seems to be hope that Mano will eventually be with her one true love. Until then, allow us to give you some views of what this latest offering is, and isn’t, all about.

Life Skills 101
Ashlee Betteridge

My mother always told me to never get involved with boys who drive sports cars with personalized license plates. Especially if they already appear to be in a relationship.

So perhaps this is why I am so enthralled with the situations in the “Manohara” sinetron. She’s living the life that years of my mother’s commonsense nagging has spared me from.

When I get separated from my friends in an unconvincing fog in the wilderness because I answered my mobile phone, I tend to use that phone to call for help, instead of spending the night with a strange man under a tree during a lightning storm, as Mano did in the first scene of her show. This kind of practicality is why my life is boring yet stable.

But, unlike mine, Manohara’s on-screen mother recommends she marry the sports car owner. Her real-life mother allegedly encouraged her to marry an abusive prince, then allowed her to appear in a sinetron without first enrolling in acting classes. What hope has the poor kid got?

With my limited Indonesian, I may not understand every word Mano mumbles. But her never-ending tears and vacant stares make it clear that life is challenging. I blame bad sinetron parenting.

It must be confusing to hold down an office job as a teenager. A job with no computer, at that. No wonder she gets into work, stares at the wall for a good three to five minutes, then goes home. That’s what I would do without the Internet, too.

It must be bewildering to bring your new husband lunch and then have him smoosh a handful of steamed rice in your face. If it were me, I’d cry. Then I’d call my mum and she would bash the abusive little turd with a broomstick. Where was Mano’s maternal backup?

So I have a proposal for young Manohara. Mama Betteridge’s kids are grown up, and I think she’d like a replacement daughter for the one that moved to Indonesia. She’d sort out that good-for-nothing husband and enroll Mano in the finest educational facilities that rural Australia has to offer. She could even learn a trade, like sheep shearing.

If that’s not an option, I’m thinking of starting a charity boarding school to turn teenage-socialite-models into functioning citizens. In addition to the regular curriculum, there’d be classes on how to avoid marriage to sports car owners, what to do when your 15 minutes of fame is up and the all-important Life Skills 101.

Lacking Sex and Sense
Dalih Sembiring

When “Manohara” was in its embryonic stage, many speculated that the sinetron would be relatively loyal to her tragic true story — or what she claims it to be — from the moment she first met her sadistic prince to the happy ending of her great escape to mommy’s loving arms.

I was intrigued by the sinetron’s early disclaimer that it had passed censorship. “Wow,” I thought, and looked forward to sex, violence and the use of coarse language. I overlooked one crucial thing, though: “Manohara” airs at 6 p.m., way too early for anything more than PG-rated behavior. Besides, my sinetron-loving mother later informed me, all Indonesian soap operas have such disclaimers of late.

More intriguing to me is how the sinetron has thus far shied away from any violence entailing the use of sharp objects, purportedly the very core of the real Manohara’s misfortune.

After the scriptwriters married Mano off in the second episode, I suspected that the evil husband character, who has no royal airs but is instead the boss of some Jakarta-based company (like most sinetron villains), would start exhibiting censor-friendly sexual perversions involving razors and lit cigarettes in episode three.

However, the only things close to perverse in that episode were: 1) Bad guy Rico held Mano tight in their bedroom and whispered barely audible sentences in her ear, commanding her, of all bedroom demands, never to meet Rezky, the good guy, again; 2) A Manchurian Candidate-like chemistry between Rezky and his mother, who seems younger than her son, best seen in a scene where he lays his head on her lap and falls asleep; and 3) Rico’s vaguely infantile fondness for smearing food on and splashing water in Mano’s face.

This altered story may eventually have different effects on different viewers. Disappointment awaits those who remain hopeful that the sinetron will portray Manohara the model’s truth, as the setting and the characters have, from the beginning, veered away from her yet-to-be-proven allegations against the Malaysian prince.

For those who don’t mind the changes and will therefore help keep “Manohara” one of the most-watched shows on local television, expect the helpless heroine to follow the sweeping trend of good girls by taking to wearing a jilbab and praying constantly to God this Ramadan, as she continues to wail and suffer in the la-la land of painful acting. 

No Risks, No Surprises
Lisa Siregar

When I first heard that Manohara would be starring in a sinetron, I wasn’t surprised. And for all the reasons that I don’t usually watch sinetron, I find “Manohara” full of scenes that are far from enlightening. It’s the typical soap-opera formula with lots of close-up shots, dramatic background music and characters that are one-dimensionally very good or very bad.

Manohara’s character is a prettily-angelic but timid woman who doesn’t say much but cries a lot. She marries Rico, a wealthy but evil man, to save her family from bankruptcy, but her true love remains Rezky, a worker in Rico’s office.

The results are unsurprisingly predictable. Rico hits Manohara, throws her around and warns her not to see other men. When Manohara brings him lunch, he grabs a handful of rice and stuffs it into her face. Of course, being a dutiful wife, she just sits there in silence and weeps.

Soap operas like this can be ironically funny at first. But with its nonstop crying, yelling and acts of abuse, it quickly loses its amusement factor and just becomes sad and humiliating.

As an Indonesian who grew up having to watch sinetron during my pembantu’s rest time at home, I crave good shows on local channels. I miss the Indonesian shows of my childhood, such as “Keluarga Cemara” (“The Cemara Family”) and good old “Si Doel Anak Sekolahan” (“Doel, the Student”) — made before Rano Karno became too old to play a fresh graduate struggling to find a job.

I’m disappointed that the production house behind “Manohara” isn’t trying to make a better show. I mean, Manohara was already famous and the Indonesian film industry is showing a promising future.

Assuming that people are eager to see yet more of Manohara on screen, why not take the risk of making a truly unique show of better quality?

No Longer My Manohara
Armando Siahaan

After surviving just one episode of “Manohara,” I came up with three reasons I shouldn’t invest more time and energy in this over-the-top soap opera.

First, “Manohara” was a waste of time, in the literal sense. The show ran for about 75 minutes, but after every 10 minutes or so came commercial breaks that lasted between five and seven minutes each. The show itself was less than 50 minutes, if that. It felt more like watching a series of commercial breaks, with sinetron clips as intermezzos. Give me a break!

The episode I saw was also blighted with yawn-inducing slow-motion scenes and many long pauses.

Whenever there was a dramatic scene, characters would stare at one another — or at a mosquito on the ceiling — for 15 seconds, with eyes widening, or bulging at times, as if looking at the living dead.

Some scenes would go straight into slow-motion mode, mimicking a shampoo ad. Since Manohara was, and still is, a teen model, that might be the perfect way to kill two birds with one stone, right?

The sinetron also exploited frequent flashback scenes. Not, however, flashbacks to previous or unseen episodes, but rather from earlier in the same episode. The futility of the device suggested the director was aware that the plot of the show was so preposterous that the audience needed constant reminders of what was going on.

Second, “Manohara” was plagued with implausibility — which makes it a typical sinetron.

All of the cast wore full makeup, including the male characters, and had neat hairstyles all day. Rico’s mother was made up as if to attend Rico’s wedding when she was actually being hospitalized, and Manohara went to the office in thick makeup and dressed as if headed out to a nightclub.

The mother of Rezky, Manohara’s former love-of-her-life, looks so young that it is unfeasible she could be his mother — unless, that is, she got pregnant at the age of 10. And Rico, Manohara’s antagonistic husband and the villain of the piece, is supposedly superrich and a womanizer. But in the episode I saw, he was depicted in such a contradictory manner that it didn’t make sense. He smeared rice on Manohara’s face and threw water at Rezky when the two had an argument. Would a womanizer who drives a yellow sports car do such feminine things?

Third and lastly, I was disappointed that “Manohara” wasn’t the “true” story of Manohara, as the idea of watching a fictionalized version of her tragic story appeals to me. I was expecting a quasi-documentary that narrated and dramatized the details of all the alleged iniquities inflicted upon the teen model by her psychopathic prince.

Instead, I was presented with just another sinetron, just another love story involving forced marriage, a love triangle, an invasive family and incessant tears.

The Manohara story was so much better when she was still dealing with real reporters, cops and lawyers. What’s so juicy about another sinetron? With Manohara’s mediocre-at-best acting, she’s better off staying with tabloids and infotainment shows.

At the end of the day, this sinetron is the ultimate killer of my sympathy for Manohara. When the news first broke about her tragic story — the allegedly forced marriage, the traumatizing rape, the abduction from Saudi Arabia, the razor-blade abuse and the great Singapore escape — she won both my attention and my support.

My sympathy deteriorated gradually when she seemed to abandon her quest for justice and instead focused on appearing on television shows and doing photo shoots for lifestyle magazine.

The sinetron only does more damage to her cause as people will no longer care about the abusive treatment she claims to have received during her time in Malaysia. And it will validate accusations by skeptics that the whole Manohara story was just a publicity stunt to milk fame and fortune. Perhaps, the sinetron will make others ask about Manohara: Where does the truth stop and the acting begin?
Posted by: Vulgarian

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 26 Jul 09 22:46

Quoting: Derek Gratis

Hard to make up my mind. It's like that section in Viz: Borderline Boilers. Your head says no but your nuts say go!

She'll have her norks out before too long, then we can make a proper assessment.

For now, I'm filing her under "do not want."

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Jul 09 14:18

Jesus H. Allah, can't we put a nail in this thread's coffin already? Who fakin' cares??
Posted by: Marmalade

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Jul 09 22:32

Me. I love Manohara. She is drop-dead gorgeous according to the Jakarta Globe.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Jul 09 23:17

Brilliant photo, Vulgarian. The caption for that bloke should read "Since those bloody lesbians moved in down the street, this neighborhood has gone to the dogs".

BTW, as far as your new missus is concerned, don't you have to file everyone but her under "do not want"? laugh

rulez

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Jul 09 10:10

BTW, as far as your new missus is concerned, don't you have to file everyone but her under "do not want"? laugh

Well, it rather depends on the species involved.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Jul 09 18:36

I must be sick because I find that picture quite cute.
Posted by: v8dave

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Jul 09 18:41

Yeah, and you could chase after this one and it certainly won't be stalking you afterwards!!!

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Jul 09 20:45

A little bit of doggie never did anyone any harm.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 28 Jul 09 20:46

Apart from Debbie McGee's reputation.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 14 Apr 10 12:48

the podgy princess is getting press again. this time from The Los Angeles Times. news must be slow there at the moment:

A fairy tale gone wrong

By John M. Glionna
Reporting from Jakarta, Indonesia

A beautiful model, a Malaysian prince, a cry for help and claims of sexual abuse leave much of Indonesia captivated.

Manohara Odelia Pinot, 18, was sued by her husband for defamation, and in March, a Malaysian civil court awarded him a $1.8-million judgment. (John M. Glionna / Los Angeles Times)

The beautiful young socialite slipped the businessman a note scrawled in eyeliner on a crumpled napkin. "Help me," it pleaded.

She was a teenage Indonesian model who had married a Malaysian prince, but Manohara Odelia Pinot says her life with him was no fairy tale. Press accounts of her allegations of abuse and tales of her escape from an unhappy marriage have captivated this country, and further divided two nations that have long been Southeast Asian rivals.

Known across Indonesia by her first name, which means "thief of hearts" in Sanskrit, Manohara is viewed here as a tragic heroine mistreated by an obsessed suitor who became outraged when she would not yield to his demands. In Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysian capital, she's dismissed as a lying gold-digger under the control of a vindictive mother.

For nine months, the 18-year-old alleges, she was held captive on the estate of the prince, Tengku Muhammad Fakhry Petra. Grabbing headlines in the Jakarta Globe and other news outlets, she alleged that he cut her with a razor and ordered his doctor to inject her with a tranquilizer and raped her.

"Imagine someone doing something like that to you and you are unable to move, -- you can't do anything about it," she says softly, her eyes tearing. "It was torture, mentally and physically."

Fakhry did not respond to interview requests. But he sued his wife and her mother, Daisy Fajarina, for defamation last summer, and in March, a Malaysian civil court awarded Fakhry a $1.8-million judgment.

Haaziq Pillay, Fakhry's lawyer, says the prince disputed every one of Manohara's claims and questions why she avoided the Malaysian court proceedings.

"From rape to cutting her with a razor to injecting her -- these are only things a monster would do, a psychopath," Pillay says. "My client wants the truth to come out.

"She said she was afraid of the security, but this isn't a cowboy society," he says. "People don't get abducted in the streets here."

Manohara insists that she will never pay the prince a penny and challenges him to file a second civil lawsuit in Jakarta, where she says he'd receive a less positive reception. She's also filed a police report, for alleged domestic violence, and warns that Fakhry will be arrested the moment he sets foot in Indonesia.

Even before her marriage into Malaysian royalty, Manohara was considered a rare gem here and was named one of "Indonesia's 100 Most Precious Women" by Harper's Bazaar Indonesia magazine.

Now, capitalizing on a saga that has obsessed Indonesians much like Tiger Woods' fall from grace in the United States, Manohara stars in a popular TV show about a young wife abused by her philandering husband, and she demands high fees for speaking engagements.

Many viewers simply cannot keep their eyes off the young model, born to an American father and Indonesian mother, who has become a cat-eyed Paris Hilton of Indonesia. A full half-hour documentary on her alleged travails has aired repeatedly on Jakarta television, "at times almost a continuous loop," according to the Asia Sentinel newspaper.

But not everyone is captivated.

"This is a freak show in a freak-loving country full of two-headed goats and Islamic hard-liners," said Wimar Witoelar, who hosts his own TV talk show. "It just shows how people with cheap tastes get titillated by cheap stories. That's Manohara."

The Malaysian businessman who was slipped Manohara's letter pleading for help says the 32-year-old prince, a thin man with deeply set dark eyes, wants his wife back and is pursuing the case against his family's wishes.

He is convinced that once he has Manohara back, he can persuade her to silence her criticism and resume their marriage, the businessman said.

"I have never seen a man so obsessed with a woman," says Dato Kadar Shah, who was asked by government officials to help solve the matter. "The people in his province also love her. They view her like Princess Diana. He needs her back for his credibility."

Manohara was just 14 when she met her prince.

Fakhry, the son of the monarch of one of Malaysia's nine regional sultanates, approached the girl at a party in Jakarta as she sat with her older sister. Within days, Manohara says now, she didn't even recall him.

But Fakhry remembered her. "You have two lovely daughters," Fajarina recalled him telling her. "I would like to keep in touch with them."

For years, the prince met with Manohara, with Fajarina always by her side. But on one cruise, Manohara alleged in a story in the Jakarta Globe, Fakhry raped her while her mother was in an adjoining cabin.

In his successful defamation lawsuit, the prince denied the charges.

Then 16, Manohara didn't tell her mother what happened. "I was in denial," she says. "I knew if I changed my behavior, my mom would find out. I was embarrassed."

Her mother says she was blind to the prince's obsession. "I didn't see the signs," she says. "I thought he was charming."

Then in August 2008, the prince's mother announced that her son was in love with Manohara and that the couple would marry immediately. Manohara says an aide to the royal family persuaded her to go through with the ceremony to keep the peace. After that, she says, he told her she could return to Jakarta.

"I kept saying 'no, no, no,' " Manohara recalled. The teen acknowledges that she married Fakhry, but insists that she said nothing at the ceremony and signed no papers.

Manohara soon returned to Jakarta to pursue her modeling career. But she says Fakhry called to say he felt terrible about the circumstances of the marriage and wanted to apologize.

They agreed to meet in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, for prayer and pilgrimage. Fajarina accompanied her daughter, but when it came time to fly home, Manohara says, she was spirited into a private jet.

"They left me on the tarmac," Fajarina recalled.

"She was running after me," Manohara says. "I could see her from the window."

For the next nine months, she alleges, she was injected with tranquilizers and threatened if she did not appear happy when attending functions with the prince. She claims the prince also cut her chest several times with a razor.

In a news conference last June, she showed photos of the alleged razor wounds taken at the time with a cellphone camera. The wounds are now gone, she said.

Pillay dismissed the claims. "If you are cut on the breast, the marks are supposed to be there. Where are the scars?"

Manohara says she was able to keep hidden her BlackBerry and charger. She sent e-mails to her mother, who went to the Indonesian press about her daughter's allegations.

The tabloid press ran with the story. "Fairy Tale of a Prince and His Bride Turns to Nightmare," one headline screamed. "Manohara says she was held as sex slave by her prince," read another. A Jakarta Post headline trumpeted: "Manohara: I Was Drugged and Abused."

Many Indonesians took to the streets, demanding Manohara's return. A protest outside the Malaysian Embassy in Jakarta turned violent. Malaysian government officials believe that Indonesians have been stirred up by sensationalist media.

"Both governments have taken a stand and said this is a personal matter between husband and wife," said Eldeen Hussaini, deputy director of relations between the two nations for the Malaysian Foreign Ministry.

But businessman Shah says he was quietly asked to intervene in 2008 by government officials on both sides.

He asked to meet with Manohara privately, but Fakhry declined. "I told him I just wanted to ask about the allegations," he says. "If the girl said she was happy, I was willing to let things be."

Last May, Fakhry and Manohara traveled to Singapore, where Shah was finally able to meet her. At a restaurant, Manohara slipped him the note. As soon as he left the restaurant, Shah said, he called Fajarina, urging her to rush to Singapore. She arrived just before her daughter outwitted Fakhry and his phalanx of bodyguards and escaped, according to media reports.

The teenager pressed the emergency alarm in a Singapore hotel elevator, summoning security guards, who allowed Manohara to run into the waiting arms of her mother.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy in Singapore said that Manohara's mother had contacted officials there before the escape and that they had assisted the teen but did not offer details.

Nearly a year later, Indonesians are still hungry for news on Manohara.

"It's a universal fairy tale, a love story gone wrong. Young, poor girl meets prince. Prince turns into frog in her eyes," said TV news anchor Dalton Tanonaka. "The truth lies somewhere in the middle, but the story remains great for gossip programs and rumor mills."

The prince is still suffering, Pillay says. "There's an element of sadness because he truly loves Manohara," he says. "If I was in his position, I wouldn't love her anymore. But perhaps the prince thinks she is too young and was brainwashed by her mother."

For the princess, the ratings for her soap opera remain high, and she's starting a new cosmetic line.

As for love and marriage, Manohara plans to take a time out to heal. She needs to purge the prince from her life, she says.

"People want to know about my life," she says. "They ask, 'Who is Manohara dating?' The answer is no one. I've got lots of time for that."

john.glionna@latimes.com

Copyright © 2010, The Los Angeles Times

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 14 Apr 10 12:58

Many viewers simply cannot keep their eyes off the young model, born to an American father and Indonesian mother, who has become a cat-eyed Paris Hilton of Indonesia.

Sloe-eyed slattern.
Posted by: Om Pong

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 14 Apr 10 14:26

And as we all know, Paris Hilton is an anagram of Loin Harpist.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 14 Apr 10 14:41

And 'Snot Merde, Mas' is an anagram of ... (in three lingos, no less).

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 14 Apr 10 15:18

and an anagram of your real name is : Male Moron KY

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 14 Apr 10 15:20

Quoting: Marmalade
And 'Snot Merde, Mas' is an anagram of ... (in three lingos, no less).

Om's tradesmen?

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 14 Apr 10 15:23

An anagram of my real name is "ice-shy rumors". Obviously a reference to the fact I've been staying away from Melly's and their poorly-refrigerated beer.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 14 Apr 10 15:29

And I work at "tiniest hut shit tribe". Apt.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 14 Apr 10 15:40

Interestingly, an anagram of The Claw's real name is Java Died Rind.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 14 Apr 10 15:41

...and Java Did Diner.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 14 Apr 10 17:54

So, A Moanin Busybody Ghoul ...that's the President.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 14 Apr 10 18:09

or...A, A Hobnob Duly Misogynous

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 17 Apr 10 17:13

I like 'trendy odious phoney' for President Yudhoyono better.

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 17 Apr 10 17:15

Quoting: Om Pong
...and Java Did Diner.

He certainly hasn't done this diner. Is there something you want to get off your chest, Om. Did he ask you to give him what you thought it was worth?
Posted by: kingwilly100

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 27 Apr 10 11:21

For the bahasa Indonesia-challenged, Rekayasa Sandiwara is a popular Indonesian bikini model, notorious for picking up men in chatrooms and online forums.

she never tired to pick up me... frown

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 17 May 10 15:22

Manohara loses weight, becomes tourism icon

JAKARTA: Check out Manohara Odelia Pinot’s new look. She’s slimmer, and has a new job to go with it too: tourism ambassador for Ken-dari in Southeast Sulawesi province.

Manohara, who now weighs 55 kilograms, says she shed 10 kilograms in three months and aiming to lose more to kick start her modeling career again.

“I’ve been working hard to lose weight,” says Manohara, who is still in a dispute with her former husband Malaysia’s Kelantan prince Tengku Fakhry.

“I love my new look, it’s more attractive.”

“I feel more confident now,” she adds.

Now that she has lost a few kilos, Manohara jokingly says she “can stash her clothes away in a museum”.
“I can’t wear them anymore,” she laughs.

With her new look and new outfits, Manohara has taken to her new role as Kendari’s tourism ambassador, despite not coming from there.

“The governor of Southeast Sulawesi [Nur Alam] asked me, in person, to become Kendari’s icon,” says the half American 18 year old. “I thought, what an interesting job,” she adds.

Besides her appointment as Kendari’s tourism icon, Manohara was also chosen as Southeast Sulawesi’s ambassador for traditional woven cloths. With both titles, Manohara says she is responsible for promoting Kendari’s potential as a tourist destination and Southeast Sulawesi’s woven textile heritage. — JP
Posted by: KaraengLolo

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 18 May 10 00:07

SAD SAD SAD!!

"Kendari's Tourism 'ICON'" living in some gaudy mansion in Jakarte'.

I guess the Otonomi Daerah concept is not as strong as people think. A sinetron star still trumps anyone you could possibly have living in the periphery. She is apparently of Bugis stock though, (her mom has the very traditional Bugis name 'Daisy')

What's next, Dorce becoming the Indonesian Viagra 'Icon' because he had bollocks and a prong a while back?

Giving the job to someone who actually lives there, knows the culture and and needs the cash. Seems like a better idea innit?

Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex - 18 May 10 12:58

How touchingly logical...