When will Pertamina do the same?

Posted by: viperaberushitam

When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Oct 08 20:07

U.S. gasoline price marks biggest drop ever: survey

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States recorded its largest drop ever as consumer demand continued to wane and oil prices slid, a prominent industry analyst said on Sunday.

The national average price for self-serve, regular unleaded gas fell 35.03 cents to $3.3079 a gallon on October 10 from $3.6582 two weeks earlier, according to the nationwide Lundberg Survey.

It was the lowest national average price since March 21, 2008. Since peaking at $4.1124 on July 11, the average cost of a gallon of gas has receded by 80.45 cents. Diesel fuel fell 21 cents to $3.95 a gallon, the first time since March that it has been below $4.00 a gallon.

"Plummeting oil prices and caving gasoline demand have combined to bring the biggest retail gasoline price cut in the history of the market," Trilby Lundberg, who compiles the survey, said in an interview. "We've been doing this 58 years. This is truly the biggest price drop."

On Friday, fears of a global recession helped drive down U.S. crude oil futures prices more than 10 percent to the lowest settlement since September 2007. U.S. crude for November delivery settled on Friday at $77.70 a barrel, down $8.89, or 10.27 percent, on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Meanwhile, travel on all U.S. roads fell 3.6 percent, or nearly 10 billion vehicle miles in July, compared with the same period last year, according to the most recent figures provided by the Transportation Department. It was the ninth straight month of declining driving activity.

HOW LOW CAN THEY GO?

Lundberg said the average gasoline price could fall below $3.00 a gallon as early as December.

"If crude oil prices don't spike, we can expect further price cutting for two reasons," Lundberg said. "Gasoline demand will continue to shrink in our weak economic condition, and retailers, who have been receiving deep buying price cuts, will be anxious to pass through any further price cuts they receive quickly. They need the sales."

According to the Lundberg survey, drivers in Honolulu paid an average of $3.91 a gallon for unleaded gas, the highest price in the nation. The Wichita, Kansas, region had the lowest average price, at $2.79 a gallon.

The Lundberg survey evaluates prices at about 5,000 gas stations.
Posted by: Piss Salon

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Oct 08 21:05

I don't think Pertamina should lower fuel prices. It can't afford the subsidy, which essentially is a tax break for the well off--that is people who consume more.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 14 Oct 08 23:29

Quoting: Piss Salon
I don't think Pertamina should lower fuel prices. It can't afford the subsidy, which essentially is a tax break for the well off--that is people who consume more.

You don't really have a clue do you? In your own little mindless world and not looking at the existing rules.....

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 09:00

You could always try explaining it instead of being a twat. The government spends something like US$20 billion on fuel and electricity subsidies.
Posted by: Dilli

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 09:03

Quote:
You don't really have a clue do you? In your own little mindless world and not looking at the existing rules.....

FACTS!

In 2006 oil output was just over 1 million bpd, but during 2007 this figure dropped to approximately 964,000 bpd with a slight pick up being observed during the first half of this year, still not enough to get to the 1 million bpd mark that BP Migas is claiming they can achieve.

It is estimated that Indonesia needs a production figure of 1.46 million bpd to keep the country running, which using today’s production figures creates a shortfall off almost 500,000 bpd.

Even if production figures could be increased to reach this volume, Indonesia’s current refining capability is only about 72% (1.05 million bpd) of the daily usage, accordingly, 28% of Indonesia’s daily fuel is imported.

Lowering fuel prices is impractical, unless of course you are someone who would wish to run Indonesia down to its knee's!

I wonder where the mindlessness comes from?
Posted by: Balibob

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 09:23

Pertamina sets the prices of fuels at the pumps and to industry every 2 weks,.. i.e 1st and 15th of the month, the prices have been coming down in line with global market prices for industry and for unsubsidised fuels at the pumps i.e pertamax and pertamax plus,.. premium is still at 6,000 rp per litre and will remain so for the foreseen future.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 16:53

Quoting: Dilli
Quote:

FACTS!

In 2006 oil output was just over 1 million bpd, but during 2007 this figure dropped to approximately 964,000 bpd with a slight pick up being observed during the first half of this year, still not enough to get to the 1 million bpd mark that BP Migas is claiming they can achieve.

It is estimated that Indonesia needs a production figure of 1.46 million bpd to keep the country running, which using today’s production figures creates a shortfall off almost 500,000 bpd.

Even if production figures could be increased to reach this volume, Indonesia’s current refining capability is only about 72% (1.05 million bpd) of the daily usage, accordingly, 28% of Indonesia’s daily fuel is imported.

Lowering fuel prices is impractical, unless of course you are someone who would wish to run Indonesia down to its knee's!

I wonder where the mindlessness comes from?

And this is why Pertamina officials are on TV ONE now talking about how they would like to lower the fuels prices but with the current oil prices compbined with the current interest rates and the instability of the oil producers in the ME and the instability fo the future then they better keep them where they are.

All yuo have to do is loo at the past prices and the oil per barrel prices and figure it out or you could just sit and wait for the quarterly profit figures from Pertamina.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 17:23

Methinks one does not understand the industry in it's entirety.

It's obvious that looking in from the outside everything looks like it is controlled by Pertamina, but, as is the case anywhere else in the world it's governments who control the pump price based on tax revenue they can extort!

The officials from Pertamina have no say in it whatsoever.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 17:24

After 30 years in this shitty business I may know something about it!

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 19:04

Why would anyone stay in a business for 30 YEARS that they themselves call shitty?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 19:11

Because it makes him exceedingly wealthy. That and the fact women dig it.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 19:12

Well at least principles are involved in the decision making process........

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 19:13

And why do you do what you do? The mega-bucks, the women or the inner drive to be the best you can in a given field?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 19:15

Oh well, if they are not going to lower this petrol price then I am just going to buy a diesel where I can fill up with the cheap subsidized diesel.........

Oh yeah, that's right, it's already on the sea on the way over, delivery due mid Nov. Subsidized diesel IDR 5,500 per liter here I come.......
Posted by: KuKuKaChuModerator

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 19:53

Quoting: viperaberushitam

Why would anyone stay in a business for 30 YEARS that they themselves call shitty?

ummm .... yeeessss ....
Posted by: Polisi Cepek

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 21:24

Better watch out with that diesel. Used to be cheaper than regular petrol in Australia, then the government changed policy and now it's much more expensive. Plus unless things have changed technology-wise, diesel exhaust (bigger chunks of soot) causes more deaths from respiratory illness in cities, it's only a matter of time before it's banned for sale in town (perhaps with exceptions of trucks and buses). Along with two-stroke motorbikes dammit, that's well overdue.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 15 Oct 08 22:06

Quoting: Polisi Cepek
Better watch out with that diesel. Used to be cheaper than regular petrol in Australia, then the government changed policy and now it's much more expensive. Plus unless things have changed technology-wise, diesel exhaust (bigger chunks of soot) causes more deaths from respiratory illness in cities, it's only a matter of time before it's banned for sale in town (perhaps with exceptions of trucks and buses). Along with two-stroke motorbikes dammit, that's well overdue.

I'll take my chances with the diesel here, they will stop the subsidy for premium before they stop the subsidy for diesel and the engine coming in my new car is a Euro II engine specifically made for this cheap diesel. The CEO of VW Indonesia selling the car to me said they warrant the car totally even with the Pertimina subsidized diesel. As for this VW, I would put it up against any emissions checks with any diesel out there on the street now.
Posted by: Marmalade

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Oct 08 00:48

I am happy to have my car because it is cheaper financially but is fucking the world over.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Oct 08 01:43

Quoting: Marmalade
I am happy to have my car because it is cheaper financially but is fucking the world over.

Well pay it back to the world in a different way.......
Posted by: chewwyUK

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Oct 08 09:48

Times must be tough at VW Indonesia when the CEO is flogging cars!

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Oct 08 11:40

Quoting: chewwyUK

I was going to say it. I was going to say it.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Oct 08 16:16

Maybe he is the CEO because as the CEO, he realizes what it takes to be a good salesman, no job is beneath you......

Remember guys, no one asks their staff to do a job they would not do themselves, even here in Indonesia.

Besides, when I am talking about a car that specs out at over 1.4 billion IDR before discount I want to talk to the head guy when I am talking that much money especially if it is MY money and if the CEO had not gotten involved I would have never got the 15% discount he gave me on the final price and in the end he would not have gotten the final sale........

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Oct 08 16:47

That 1.4 billion car will no doubt serve you well in the streets of Jakarta.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Oct 08 17:06

That 1.4 billion car will no doubt serve you well in the streets of Jakarta.

Everyone has their vices Chewwy, mine are cars with a smooth ride and lots of options, I don't buy a car like this to give the keys to a driver for him to enjoy the experience, personally haven't had a driver in Jakarta for more than 12 years and from the experiences I have heard about you and your numerous house gates, neither have you......

I have always thought that if you can afford your true vices and not just the substitute ones, then your half way there......

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Oct 08 17:16

I guess you would have to be a car person .... My APV does me a treat which tells you how much i care about what i drive

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Oct 08 17:41

Pregnant women, beer and smoking to name but a few

Ouch, that 1st one can be more expensive than mine, at least my cars don't get preggers..........

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Oct 08 23:06

Wife told me tonight now the locals are starting to ask why the prices are not coming down in Pertimina, Oil has come down, what 52% of the high achieved a few months ago..........

Seriously though I could not care that much since we are a 1 car family since I sold my Merc 6 weeks ago and she puts IDR 5,500 per liter diesel in her Everest. But the higher the prices the less money the locals that are hurt by this have to buy food and real needs.......
Posted by: Oldman

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 09 Nov 08 20:20

That'll be Rp 1,800 someday.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 09 Nov 08 22:55

I understand Pertamina is reducing the price for Premium gas from 5,500 per liter to 5,000 liter......

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 10 Nov 08 12:33

Wife told me tonight now the locals are starting to ask why the prices are not coming down in Pertimina, Oil has come down, what 52% of the high achieved a few months ago..........

Seriously though I could not care that much since we are a 1 car family since I sold my Merc 6 weeks ago and she puts IDR 5,500 per liter diesel in her Everest. But the higher the prices the less money the locals that are hurt by this have to buy food and real needs.......

Lowering fuel prices is not the way forward for Indonesia.
Posted by: Bill Brasky

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 10 Nov 08 12:46

Sell the wife, keep the 'Merc'. WOrd around the Jakchat campfire is that the Benz has less miles on it.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 00:09

Quoting: Bill Brasky
Sell the wife, keep the 'Merc'. WOrd around the Jakchat campfire is that the Benz has less miles on it.

Well she is 30 and the Merc only had 10,000km's on it when sold. But then again I am 51 and her being 30, think I'll keep her around for another day or two..........

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 08:57

I don't think that's what Billy Boy meant somehow Mr Viper.
Posted by: Roy's Hair

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 10:52

I did a Chewwy and pranged me headlight. All good fun.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 10:55

pranged me headlight = snapped me banjo string

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 11:03

The banjo string is the frenulum that connects the foreskin to the head of the penis. Some circumcised guys still have it, and you also have a frenulum under your tongue and lips.

It shouldn't snap, since that would cause bleeding. If it seems a little tight, try to use a lubricant like KY or Astroglide during sex (additionally, it should make sex more fun and enjoyable).

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 11:07

Anyone ever snapped their banjo string???
Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:35 pm

Years ago my mate Terry, who was a 22 year old virgin, was posted to Berlin. Having foolishly let the cat out of the bag about his lack of wearing the old trappers hat we took him down to the Kudam and fixed him up with a quality Tom. After we'd paid the girl his 'shot' money he disappears for 5 minutes with this stunning example of Berlin's arrse selling fraternity. We were quite surprised and thought that he was after tapping us for some more dosh, but he soon explained that after whipping out his inexperienced pork sword, he'd blown his wad on entry. The prossie felt so sorry for him that she gave him half his money back. Word soon got around the Company and he soon became known as Terry Two Strokes. He then developed an addiction for 'buying arrse' and this continued when he was posted to Helmstedt on the border with the DDR.

One night Terry came back to camp from a nocturnal visit to one of the surrounding whorehouses, his face was ashen and he walked like the creature of the black lagoon with a cactus between its legs. The duty medic was called and Terry drops his trollies and pulls out his undercarriage. It was all swollen, horrible and blood-soaked. The medic using a 2HB pencil tapped his bell end, which was swollen enough to fit inside a wizards sleeve, several times and announced, 'I don't know much about cocks Terry, we'll have to call the local ambulance'.

It was later revealed that Terry in his pursuit of 'buying arrse' had been in the canine position and had slipped it in the wrong un of his latest purchase. This thrusting movement caused his banjo string to snap, making a sound akin to the cracking of Zoro's whip. He then sprayed his claret everywhere including up the poop chute of the now outraged prossie. She dropped her arrse and sent him packing with a few sheets of bog paper to wrap his bits, which resembled a melted black pudding.

Has anyone ever had this happen, poor Terry said the pain was so great, he fainted instantly??

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 11:20

Thank you for sharing this invaluable contribution with us!
Posted by: Warren Peas

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 11:29

I don't think that's what Billy Boy meant somehow Mr Viper.

Prolly time for a backwards flying one winged stunt plane video.
Was Billy refering to a parrots cage by any chance ?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 11:37

I cannot reveal my source, but I can guarantee that by the end of 2009 if not sooner, all expats will be paying full price for any fuel that is subsidised for locals - any any local married to an expat will not be exempted. Pretty much the same as happens in the UAE.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 12:48

Jesus Warren that's quite a bombshell

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 13:11

I lived in the UAE for 18 years and never heard that the locals paid less, if anything, they should have paid more as they were invariably much better of than the expats...even the poor ones!

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 13:18

Quoting: Roy's Hair

bombshell maybe ... tapi belum tentu benar ... the "source" is probably a Security Consultant for a multinational corporation, if you get my drift.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 13:22

Not mine...

Pranged headlight! - 11 Nov 08 13:52

How exactly does one prang a headlight? One can smash a headlight, or even scratch a headlight but certainly not prang a headlight.

Think you would get the first post in and hope that it blows over quickly with the minimum of fuss?

The true story of what happened, Jakchatters, will go down in the Jaksa history book. Don’t let him get away with it.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 13:59

Quoting: Warren Peas

I cannot reveal my source, but I can guarantee that by the end of 2009 if not sooner, all expats will be paying full price for any fuel that is subsidised for locals - any any local married to an expat will not be exempted. Pretty much the same as happens in the UAE.

Back on thread.

Mr Peas, there is no way such a policy could be enforced. It is simply ridiculous. Will that extend to foreign-owned businesses paying full rates for electricity generated by oil, gas or even coal? Absolutely not. It would be the final nail in the coffin of Indonesian attempts to increase foreign investment.

Your “source” may have spoken to some low-level lackey from a political party struggling to make next year’s election threshold and keen to tap into the rich vein of local anti-foreigner sentiment. Or they interviewed their typewriter.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:08

Get 'im telled Piss

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:10

I lived in the UAE for 18 years and never heard that the locals paid less, if anything, they should have paid more as they were invariably much better of than the expats...even the poor ones!

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/03/10/meaw_pm1_book_club/

And there are many more. Possibly your company paid for your expenses and so you didn't know, but that is the way it is.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:16

[quote=Piss Salon]I don't think Pertamina should lower fuel prices. It can't afford the subsidy, which essentially is a tax break for the well off--that is people who consume more.

Back on thread.

Mr Peas, there is no way such a policy could be enforced. It is simply ridiculous. Will that extend to foreign-owned businesses paying full rates for electricity generated by oil, gas or even coal? Absolutely not. It would be the final nail in the coffin of Indonesian attempts to increase foreign investment.

Your “source” may have spoken to some low-level lackey from a political party struggling to make next year’s election threshold and keen to tap into the rich vein of local anti-foreigner sentiment. Or they interviewed their typewriter. [/quote]

Not at all, it is quite easily enforced, possibly ridiculous because you don't want to hear it, but just you wait. Energy for business is not being considered at this time. Yet.

And it isn't from a low level lackey, read into that whatever you wish.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:18

Get 'im telled Warren

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:20

Pish and Tosh Warren, it does not mention Petrol anywhere there. Water and Electricity are subsidised for locals, that is true and it is unlikely to change but petrol has always been the same for expat or local!

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:22

sounds like high-level expat wank to me.

and i mean that in the nicest possible way. kuku

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:24

Quoting: KuKuKaChu

bombshell maybe ... tapi belum tentu benar ... the "source" is probably a Security Consultant for a multinational corporation, if you get my drift.

Not sure I do "get your drift". Tetap tetapi belum pasti kebenarannya.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:26

Actually that's exactly the kind of wank idea I can imagine Indonesia's semi-literate politicians getting erections over before the inevitable outraged letters in the Jakarta Post.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:32

Pish and Tosh Warren, it does not mention Petrol anywhere there. Water and Electricity are subsidised for locals, that is true and it is unlikely to change but petrol has always been the same for expat or local!

Didn't say it did, but in your 18 years there, you forgot to mention that electricity and municipality tax was higher for expats. If it works in Dubai, why can't it work in Indonesia?

What was it that Disraeli said about expats?

Something about forgetting what they had seen, and remembering what they hadn't?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:34

sounds like high-level expat wank to me.

and i mean that in the nicest possible way. kuku

As you like, but just because it hasn't been approved by the Jaksa council of expats doesn't mean there is nothing to it.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:36

Way off the mark, petrol was what was being discussed. Here in Indonesia as in Dubai, there are ways to regulate charges levied against expats, but petrol, I would suggest that this would be impossible to regulate.

Anyway,my driver fills the car, no problem.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:42

Way off the mark, petrol was what was being discussed. Here in Indonesia as in Dubai, there are ways to regulate charges levied against expats, but petrol, I would suggest that this would be impossible to regulate.

Anyway,my driver fills the car, no problem.

Ah, good, we are agreed. Expats can and are treated differently in other countries. Ask your driver to take a look at the STNK for the vehicle and tell me what it says.
I can assure you that it is possible to implement. Of course you are assuming that it has to implemented at the pumps.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:46

STNK's for my vehicles are in the companies name (100% PMA) and IndoRent. No Problem

Pray tell me another way to implement this additional charge if not at the pumps. I can just see the current fuckwits at the petrol stations asking for STNK and KITAS when you go to fill up...(Money's on 5,000 rupes solves any problems anyway)

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:54

Assessed usage is one way to tax the errant bule who won't play the game.

Why do you think that you can just buy your way out of everything? And why is everyone a "fuckwit" to you?

Anyhow, don't shoot the carrier pigeon or the one winged plane for that matter. Not my job to implement it, we just get paid for acting on the info.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:55

How is it enforced Mr Peas? The same way that fuel isn't smuggled into Malaysia, Singapore or East Timor?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 14:57

We await to hear more on how this scheme will be implemented.

Incidentally, not everyone is a fuckwit, only those deserving are awarded this acclaim.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 15:00

How is it enforced Mr Peas? The same way that fuel isn't smuggled into Malaysia, Singapore or East Timor?

I'm only passing on the news, but it's funny to see just how annoyed and flustered some of you have become. Thank God you aren't charged extra for your Blok M fun, there would be a riot.

Anyway, surely you can all afford a bit extra for electricity etc? goes some way as retribution for the cheap way of life you all have.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 15:02

We await to hear more on how this scheme will be implemented.

Incidentally, not everyone is a fuckwit, only those deserving are awarded this acclaim.

Like people serving at a petrol station? I see. Try getting your ass out of the car and talking to them, you may find that some are actually human.

And "we" already? the unified bule front against increased fuel costs , I am sure there is an acronym, or in the case of some an anachronism, hiding in there somewhere.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 15:04

lmao

As far as I am aware, no-one on this site visits the Blok, and as for the cheap way of life, if you want decent meat, better quality vegetables etc etc you have to pay through the nose for it..

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 15:08

No, of course they don't.
Perhaps I am not as selective as you, but I have always been happy with the quality of produce that I have purchased, without having to go to an "expat" type outlet.

I hope I haven't been missing out, are there speciality bule potatoes now?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 15:09

I can assure you that nobody's getting “flustered”. You would have to try a lot harder to achieve that. This for example (Very NSFW). http://www.hogrockcafe.com/women_in_the_shower.htm.

What’s “Blok M fun” by the way? I can’t find anything on Google.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 15:16

I can assure you that nobody's getting “flustered”. You would have to try a lot harder to achieve that. This for example (Very NSFW). http://www.hogrockcafe.com/women_in_the_shower.htm.

Hehehe, I only wish I could...
Posted by: The Prisoner

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 15:19

The banjo string is the frenulum that connects the foreskin to the head of the penis. Some circumcised guys still have it, and you also have a frenulum under your tongue and lips.

It shouldn't snap, since that would cause bleeding. If it seems a little tight, try to use a lubricant like KY or Astroglide during sex (additionally, it should make sex more fun and enjoyable).

Oooh!!! I still have a banjo string! Does that make me an artist?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 15:21

Hehehe, I only wish I could...

You didn't see the video I take it?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 15:35

Yes, very nice.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 16:04

lmao

As far as I am aware, no-one on this site visits the Blok, a

whistle

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 17:16

Defender of this sites morality I am....

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 22:20

How is Chewwy's gate?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 22:24

Mr. Peas, you are tugging our peepee's, if our 2 cars are registered in my wife's name and she takes either to the station without me, exactly how are they going to tell she is married to me? Maybe Pertamina has a secret weapon on their side........

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Nov 08 22:42

Actually that's exactly the kind of wank idea I can imagine Indonesia's semi-literate politicians getting erections over before the inevitable outraged letters in the Jakarta Post.

RH, did not look at the paper today but clicked on your link and started browsing, this was quite interesting......

Tax office ups foreign exchange monitoring

The Jakarta Post , Jakarta | Tue, 11/11/2008 6:11 PM | Business
The central bank and the Directorate General of Taxation have set new policy on foreign exchange trading to link large transactions with tax registration numbers.

The new regulation will require individuals who buy any single currency worth more than US$10,000 in a single day to produce a tax ID number.

"The central bank has agreed that trading in foreign currencies above $10,000 must be accompanied by a tax registration number," said Director General of Taxation Darmin Nasution in Jakarta on Tuesday.

Darmin explained the move was designed to deter tax evasion through more stringent monitoring of trading data already collected by banks and foreign exchange traders.

He added that, according to schedule, the central bank should have already issued the regulation. However, he said, he had not yet received a copy. (and)

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 09:20

Ah, well that's a good idea, so long as they monitor themselves also.
Posted by: Vulgarian

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 12:23

Perhaps I am not as selective as you, but I have always been happy with the quality of produce that I have purchased, without having to go to an "expat" type outlet.

Wait, are we still talking about the blok?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 14:14

Mr. Peas, you are tugging our peepee's, if our 2 cars are registered in my wife's name and she takes either to the station without me, exactly how are they going to tell she is married to me? Maybe Pertamina has a secret weapon on their side........

Doesn't take much to tug yours, you believe in one winged planes flying backwards and landing in 15'.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 15:09

Reaches for popcorn.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 15:13

popcorn

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 15:17

popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn
Posted by: kenyeung

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 15:21

Seems you've been starving since you were banished from the Captain's table.
Posted by: Balibob

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 15:30

what a fucken ballon ,.. han't a clue what he's talking about

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 15:39

You know mr peas reminds me of somebody ....

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 15:41

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 16:10

WTF ???

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 16:21

Sorry, thought the html was screwed up, turns out it wasn't....

Get back to your Jaffa Cakes!

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 16:26

...and crisps and biscuits.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 16:36

Definitely ensuring membership of the 100+ club along with Bob!

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 16:38

Mock all you want --- I am the one who will be in a hot radox bath drinking my Bison vodka and eating jaffa cakes

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 16:51

Doesn't take much to tug yours, you believe in one winged planes flying backwards and landing in 15'.

Just answer the question pea brain or don't answer so ALL can see you are full of mushy pees...........

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 20:41

Just answer the question pea brain or don't answer so ALL can see you are full of mushy pees...........

You are not talking to your wife or one of the home helps now, mind your mouth.

Take the trouble to read what I wrote, you can do that can't you? I am only passing on the news, not fucking implementing it.

I mean for instance...

Immigration only have to knock on your door at 6am and give you the run around, working inside the scope of your work permit etc. You are working for a company aren't you, not just doing a bit of this and that from home on an agent sponsored visa?

Having read a few of your posts, I can see that you aren't exactly the sharpest thing in the knife drawer, more a sort of "rip it off the 'net to make up quantity" sort of dude.

As for how anyone can tell that your wife is married to you, well, the white stick should give it away.
Mind out for backwards flying one winged airplanes.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 20:46

Quoting: Balibob
what a fucken ballon ,.. han't a clue what he's talking about

But that chap does seem quite popular with you, do you have a one winged plane too?

I bow to your superior understanding of matters of Government and finance, a look at your spelling tells me that you must be an Indonesian Minister, good to have one on board.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 20:47

You are working for a company aren't you,

i can tell you with some authority that Mr Viper works for no-one but himself. has his own company, you see. he's his own sponsor.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 20:49

You are working for a company aren't you,

i can tell you with some authority that Mr Viper works for no-one but himself. has his own company, you see. he's his own sponsor.

Yes, so I see. Covered in http://jakchat.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/77576/JP_Foreign_entertainers_warned#Post77576 this thread I think. He is a self employed clown.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 20:53

He is a self employed clown.

no, but he can do really neat tricks with balloons and kidneys.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Nov 08 20:55

Noting his reaction acid sharp, I don't doubt for one minute.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 00:35

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 09:17

What about dem costs of fuels eh bro?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 11:16

As an expat, you will be paying more soon.......... smirk

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 11:24

As an expat, you will be paying more soon.......... smirk

you should watch your Peas and Queues.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 11:39

"eh bro?" - Probably the most annoying saying ever

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 11:42

I always found "G'Day" far more irritating!

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 11:51

or "Och aye the noooooo"

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 12:02

"No I won't have sex with you," is also pretty annoying.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 12:09

not as bad as "does that come in a mans size"

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 12:15

I thought the one that pissed "Piss" off the most was "is it in yet?"

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 12:24

"No I won't have sex with you," is also pretty annoying.

Though I think you should be well inured to it by now.

VH will take you for a flight in a one winged plane if you are lucky.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 12:25

I thought the one that pissed "Piss" off the most was "is it in yet?"

No, having "trolled" your forum a bit, I understand that is most suited to Mr Viper.

Have you guys ever thought of getting a quiz team together?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 12:42

"It's a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the nicht" Poetry.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 12:45

Mbak Aditya, Captain and Now Warren and Peas with a Roxy music signature

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 12:51

Have you guys ever thought of getting a quiz team together?

bin there, dun that. gets a tad boring, winning all the time.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 13:09

Mbak Aditya, Captain and Now Warren and Peas with a Roxy music signature

Chew, you can't blame an addict for his needs, I understand from the EP they have his number, he has to get his fix somewhere......

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 13:11

EP?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 13:21

EP?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 13:34

EP?
I am a changed man........

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 14:02

Captain Warren you think then??

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 14:07

Captain Warren you think then??

A changed man would never respond to this but if I was going to respond it would probably be like this........

More like a rejected gay deck swabbie with the personality of a psychotic.........

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 14:11

War and Peace

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 14:14

well spotted Piss

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 14:53

Wilfred Saddlebags

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 15:04

another Wilf pic if you please Kenneth.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 15:27

Happy to oblige:

Wilfred Saddlebags on the other side of the bar, for once.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 13 Nov 08 17:18

Oil 'could soon reach $100'

Investment into oil projects has slowed as a result of the global economic crisis [EPA]

The cost of a barrel of oil could soon head towards $100 because crude reserves cannot be exploited fast enough to keep pace with global demand, the International Energy Agency has said.

Energy companies also face a challenge in meeting the world's energy needs over the next 30 years, the IEA report, released on Wednesday, said.

"Current trends in energy supply and consumption are patently unsustainable - environmentally, economically and socially - they can and must be altered," Nobuo Tanaka, the agency's executive director, said.

"While market imbalances will feed instability, the era of cheap oil is over."

Commenting on the IEA report, Dan Lewis, research director of the Economic Research Council, a London think-tank, told Al Jazeera that an "oil crunch" is looming as result of oil exploitation projects being shelved amid the current global economic crisis.

"This is fascinating, because what we have seen with the global economic crisis is that while demand for energy has dropped off and oil prices have fallen, investment has dropped off too," he said.

"That really matters in the oil industry, because the gap between geological discovery from that investment and bringing it to market is 10 years. So ironically, we are getting closer to that 'oil crunch' simply because of the economic crisis that we are in now."

Oil prices fall

The IEA's warning on unsustainable pace of global demand came on a day that oil in US markets actually fell by four per cent to below $57 a barrel.

At one point, US crude fell to $56.35 a barrel, its lowest price since March 20, 2007.

London Brent crude traded down $2.50, to $53.21 a barrel.

A barrel of oil has dropped about 61 per cent in value from July, when it was trading at over $147 a barrel.

The price fall came as US government reduced its oil demand growth forecast in response to the weakening global economy.

Demand in the US, the world's biggest consumer of oil, was expected to fall by more than one million bpd for the first time since 1980 this year, the US Energy Information Administration said.

IEA forecast

Incidentally, the IEA recently cut its own forecast for 2008 world oil demand growth by 440,000 barrels.

The body may make further cuts to the demand growth forecast in its next oil market report, which is due on Thursday, Tanaka said on Wednesday.

"We are likely to cut demand ... because the International Monetary Fund changed its projections on the [condition of the] world economy very dramatically," he said.

With both demand and prices falling, the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said on Wednesday that its member countries may decide on an oil-production cut by the end of the month.

"If the prices continue their decline, most probably Opec will have to take a further decision on a cut in supply," Chakib Khelil, Opec's president, told the Reuters news agency.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Dec 08 15:59

Indonesian president announces cuts in fuel prices

Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:44am EST

JAKARTA, Dec 14 (Reuters) - Indonesian president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono announced on Sunday further cuts in fuel prices, to take effect from Monday.

Indonesia's fuel prices are heavily subsidised, putting a huge burden on state finances but the government's decision to raise the price of subsidised fuel by an average of nearly 30 percent in May in the face of soaring global energy prices proved very unpopular and hit Yudhoyono's ratings in the polls.

President Yudhoyono has said he plans to run for re-election in 2009, when his government's track record in managing the economy, tackling graft, creating jobs and alleviating poverty will be put to the test in presidential and parliamentary elections.

The cuts in subsidised gasoline and diesel fuel prices, of 9.1 and 12.7 percent respectively, will take effect on Dec. 15. They follow an 8 percent reduction in subsidised gasoline prices at the beginning of December.

"The global economic recession has decreased crude oil demand and hopefully it is at a stable and favorable price for our economy," the president told a press conference.

U.S. crude CLc1 closed at $46.58 on Friday, down more than $100 a barrel from record highs of over $147 a barrel in July.

President Yudhoyono also said inflation in 2009 was forecast in the range of 6-7 percent, which is below the central bank's forecast range of 6.5-7.5 percent.

"It is hoped that the fuel price cut will ease the burden on people and lower costs for industries," Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati told reporters following the president's announcement.

With slowing inflation, Indrawati said that spending power was expected to remain steady or increase, adding that the fuel price cut may help "cushion the impact of the global economic crisis on economic growth here."

Indrawati on Dec.2 forecast GDP growth of between 4.5 and 6.0 percent for next year.

President Yudhoyono said subsidised gasoline prices would be cut to 5,000 rupiah ($0.455) per liter, from 5,500 rupiah per litre currently, a reduction of 9.1 percent.

Diesel prices will be cut to 4,800 rupiah per litre, he said, from 5,500 rupiah per litre currently, a fall of 12.7 percent.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Dec 08 16:00

Indonesian likely to cut fuel price again

Mon. December 15, 2008

JAKARTA, Dec 15, 2008 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- MRLS | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating -- The Indonesian Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Purnomo Yusgiantoro said that the fuel price of premium still has potential to be cut, which is influenced by crude prices, state budgets and the people's purchasing power.

"The government has learnt that the premium price is in anomaly, lower than the crude prices," the leading website Kompas. com on Monday quoted Purnomo as saying.

He added that the premium price does not automatically follow the market rules.

Purnomo reiterated that the subsidized premium prices always are adjusted every month as stated in the Ministerial Decree No. 41/2008. "We have seen that this is the right time to cut the prices. But it is not exactly fall on 1st every month," he said.

He said that the premium cutting would give an impact of decreasing price of transport fares and increasing consumption. The Indonesian government decided on Sunday to give a second fuel prices cutting due to the falling crude oil prices on the international market, from more than 100 U.S. dollar per barrel earlier this year to 44 U.S. dollar last Friday.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Dec 08 16:06

Quoting: kenyeung
Happy to oblige:

Wilfred Saddlebags on the other side of the bar, for once.

A photograph of old saddlebags has appeared on the wall of Eastern Promise ... Next time I am down there I will take a picture for your collection Ken

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Dec 08 16:43

It's Ma Birthday!

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 16 Dec 08 23:52

There's a bar with Bundy rum on tap? The solution to Indonesia's liquor crisis! Take me there post haste

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 17 Dec 08 03:57

A photograph of old saddlebags has appeared on the wall of Eastern Promise ... Next time I am down there I will take a picture for your collection Ken

Yes please!

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 17 Dec 08 09:03

Happy Birthday Dilli!

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 17 Dec 08 09:20

It's not. The picture of Wilf in EP is headed "It's Ma Birthday"

I have another three months (well 2 months and three weeks) to go before mine!

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 17 Dec 08 09:27

Ha, well I got there first!

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 17 Dec 08 09:29

dilli's a pisces. can't you tell, with the foot fetish and all that?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 17 Dec 08 09:35

...the vague aroma of halibut....

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 17 Dec 08 09:38

0r crabs. No, that's Captain Butter Wouldn't Melt.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 17 Dec 08 09:43

Substituting capital O for 0 zero?

How 1337.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Jan 09 19:32

Yes please!

Here you go ken ...

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 11 Jan 09 20:04

That's not him is it? Although admittedly he is doing Wilf's trademark thumbs aloft gesture.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Jan 09 05:52

The picture is a little distorted ... have a look next time you are in EP. I am almost certain it's O'l wilf. If it's not then it could be a long lost half brother.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Jan 09 09:26

You mean Gerald Saddlebags?

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 12 Jan 09 18:52

Still waiting for someone to tell me where Wilfred's Bundy bar is at. Unless it's in Bundaberg. Bugger.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 14 Jan 09 05:10

The picture is a little distorted ... have a look next time you are in EP. I am almost certain it's O'l wilf. If it's not then it could be a long lost half brother.

Thanks for that. It certainly does look like Wilfred, probably during last year's trip to Cap Ferret, where he deflowered Paris Hilton.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 14 Jan 09 05:47

Paris, deflowered again?

What a girl!!!!!!

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 14 Jan 09 09:52

Paris Hilton is an anagram of Loin Harpist.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 14 Jan 09 10:43

Why opt for "loin harpist" when there are so many more apt ones to be made?

Nail this pro.
Hail! It's porn!
It hails porn.
Or plain shit.
LA prison hit.
Hot lips? I ran!
Hail! Strip on.
I shit LA porn
Rat in polish.
Oral his pint
I spin harlot.
Is porn. I halt.
In polar shit.
I halt prison.

etc. thanks.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 21 Jan 09 17:23

Why opt for "loin harpist" when there are so many more apt ones to be made?

Nail this pro.
Hail! It's porn!
It hails porn.
Or plain shit.
LA prison hit.
Hot lips? I ran!
Hail! Strip on.
I shit LA porn
Rat in polish.
Oral his pint
I spin harlot.
Is porn. I halt.
In polar shit.
I halt prison.

etc. thanks.

Do you have some computer software that generates those anagrams? If not, you're a fuckin wunderkind... which I guess we already knew.

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 21 Jan 09 17:42

Of course PC. This was the original thread from a while back:
http://jakchat.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/86663/1

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 21 Jan 09 18:13

Quoting: Polisi Cepek
Do you have some computer software that generates those anagrams?

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/

Although I just googled: paris hilton anagrams

And before cognizance of http://wordsmith.org/anagram/ RH (presenter) and me (anxious scorer) done a round of grannygrams at a quiz at EP.

I remember the first was: Piss nearer to me (local drinking venue).

Another was: A’la durian tits (Indonesian dancer/singer).

Re: When will Pertamina do the same? - 21 Jan 09 18:49

A la Durian tits! How could I forget!!