JP/Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms

Posted by: Dilli

JP/Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 12:11

Jakarta: A city we learn to love but never to like

Meidyatama Suryodiningrat, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms. These women that walk the night are distinctly familiar yet impossible to remember, and no matter the variety of euphemistic names they go by, at a base level they all mean "whore".

If Jakarta were a person, she'd be a whore. Fornicating with power and money, feigning ecstasy. All the world's pleasures accessible at a price.

The city residents love to hate is one of contradictions. A place where beer flows more freely from taps than running water and malls stand as plateaus of gluttony amid the conscripts of poverty.

Falsehood has a perennial spring in a city where life is blunt and brutish. A place where even humanity has a price.

Shelters for the homeless are too few to mention. But love motels sit strategically in all five municipalities -- inconspicuous in their presence, conspicuous in their activities.

Jakarta's callous monotony can also be a living prison. Scores are trapped in congestion while slums incarcerate a million sadnesses.

Most everyone is caught in the interminable daily chase for wealth, property and the pursuit of leisure time.

Those who can enclose themselves in housing enclaves to keep the din of the metropolis at bay. Hence Jakarta's two faces: the modern city and the kampung.

Unlike Lady Liberty half a world away, the mistress of Jakarta makes no pledge to shelter "your tired, your poor... your huddled masses yearning to breath free".

Yet come they will.

Though used and abused, she is still pursued. She holds the promise of pleasure. The power to make impossible dreams come true. A promise luring thousands to her bosom every year.

The city's glitz shines bright from yonder. But the magnate resonates from predominance as the nation's financial and business hub. Though it represents just 0.03 percent of the country's territory, its activities account for 17 percent of national GDP.

Friends abroad email of a beautiful summer's day in Cambridge. Another recounts a walk in New York's Central Park. A Delhi resident boasts the expedience of its Metro.

We in Jakarta can gloat over little other than the availability of kretek and Teh Botol at every corner tuck shop.

Still we are here, calling her home. Our mother, drunk or sober.

What cannot be conveyed in any postcard or email is the city's slowly beguiling character, which sways even the sternest disposition.

Jakarta is not captivating all at once. Her subtle charm, like the smog, abounds, enveloping everything.

It is not a place to like. One has to "learn" to love the city over time with all its idiosyncrasies or hate it completely.

Not surprisingly, Jakarta's nickname is the Big Durian. The foul-smelling fruit that those who love it can never forget, but those who do not will always regret.

For the housewife it is the luxury of everything imaginable at the doorstep, from morning groceries to roving tailors on converted three-wheeled sowing machines.

Professionals have range of choice in work and hobbies thrive.

Children are perhaps the orphans of the city. With few parks and playgrounds, those who can afford it place their kids at artificial play areas in icy-cold shopping malls.

Jakarta is a place where the good, the bad and the unthinkable have equal favor. A society constantly living on a guilt edge forcing the best and (worst) of creativity to rise.

Leave her for a few days and an unconscious longing creeps in as we covet the luxuries found nowhere else: The fried gorengan chock full of cholesterol; the street vendors who sell everything from magazines to souvenirs; the umbrella kids on a rainy day; the Pak Ogah U-turn boys who are a Godsend when we need them and a frustrating hindrance when we don't; The huge range of high-end to dead-end goods to suit every pocket's need.

Deputy Governor Fauzi Bowo perhaps said it best: "This city is a giant living laboratory".

But this is nothing new. Half a millennium ago, when the genesis of Batavia was emerging, the harbor borough had always been a repository for different cultures.

However Jakarta is no melting pot. Instead it celebrates idiosyncrasy providing a place not only in which to survive, but thrive.

The young mohawked punks, the elderly in their kebaya, the satin-tied executive and waria trannies all have their place. A microcosm of Indonesia's beautiful diversity.

No single ethnic or religious group has ever dominated, not even the so-called indigenous Betawi.

This is why we love Jakarta. The freedom to be all that one can be or even don't want to be.

It is custom in Betawi culture to present a cake in the shape of two crocodiles during weddings. Legend has it that crocodiles only take one mate for a lifetime. Like Jakarta, once you learn to love her it will be a life of unending lust.

Posted by: Balibob

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 12:13

Brilliant Article,.. wish we could see more like that
Posted by: chewwyUK

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 12:23

yeah I have to agree .. hits the nail on the head
Posted by: juminten

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 13:15

Meidyatama Suryodiningrat. he is a javanese raden! just like kuku..
Posted by: riccardo

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 14:25

Indeed, a great article from the standpoint of its message, but painful to read, for an unreconstructed pedant like me, due to all the typos, misspelled words, malapropisms and fragments...

--"sewing machine" not "sowing"
--"breathe" not "breath"
--No idea what is meant by "guilt edge", were they trying to say "gilt-edged"?? Neither make any sense in that context.

--"Those who can enclose themselves in housing enclaves to keep the din of the metropolis at bay." The missed comma after 'can' makes the entire thing a meaningless fragment.

--"Falsehood has a perennial spring" -- direct plagiarism of Sir Edmund Burke.

--"Professionals have range of choice in work and hobbies thrive." Was "thrive" accidentally tossed in there at the end or ???

--"the expedience of the metro..." Expedience is negative, but the context is positive, they seem to have 'expedience' and 'efficiency' mixed up.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 14:27

oh rick ... it must be very tedious being you
Posted by: KuKuKaChuModerator

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 14:31

Quoting: chewwyUK
he's a copy editor. he can't help himself. it's genetic.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 14:44

I know ---- but it has to get annoying constantly reading things and picking up on mistake after mistake. I have no eye for details and a very poor grasp of grammar and spelling which means I can just read away and enjoy the story
Posted by: Capt. Mainwaring

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 14:47

Quoting: KuKuKaChu

[personal information deleted] and some might maintain that is is just an ignorant tosser , but there we go . Let us see Priccardo post anything remotely interesting in english before criticising any article , then we can have a good laugh reading an article in Indonesian written without Nonya's help.
Fancy anyone who cannot spell "colour" having the gaul to criticise spelling and grammar.
Posted by: emmajkt

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 14:48

lol lol. me too, poor grammar ah well. Riccardo is american they are crazy about fix detail things...

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 14:53

Quoting: emmajkt
lol lol. me too, poor grammar ah well. Riccardo is american they are crazy about fix detail things...

But ironically not only do they have no culture , they also cannot spell .

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 14:57

Crazy about fixing things ?

not doing so well with Iraq by all accounts.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 14:57

The Captains right .. those yanks have no color

Anyway captain ... where are you??? going to drive down for a beer at EP or still not ready to reveal?

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 15:04

I am in jolly old Switzerland at this very moment - have to take the dough while it is there etc . I am playing a small part in revolutionising they way you enjoy Nicotinic acid. I will be "home" via BKK in a coupple of weeks , and will enjoy a beer in JKT on the way through.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 15:46

Gracious sakes gang! Such ugly abuse. I admitted that the article was GREAT and I admitted to my hopeless PEDANTRY, so what more do you need? You should all be grateful that people like me still exist to help prevent the dumbing down of our/your societies.
Posted by: flingwing

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 19:43

From our "Dirty Harry Make-my-Day" Department ;-)
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
Fancy anyone who cannot spell "colour" having the GAUL to criticise spelling and grammar.

But ironically not only do they have no culture , THEY ALSO CANNOT SPELL.

* Gall = "Brazen boldness coupled with impudent assurance and insolence; synonym: temerity"
* Gaul = "A celt of ancient Gaul; a Frenchman"

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 20:38

Precisely - I implied that he possessed a frenchman - insult enough for anyone . By virtue of the fact that we invented the language , I feel we are best qualified to comment on custom and usage .

What do you do when you are not chafing* your lips on Riccardo's Kazoo ?

* Chafing - Painful condition caused by salt from sweat and rubbing. Commonly occurs at crotch, upper thighs, underarms, nipples, and under-breast areas. May be prevented through use of lubrication before chafing-producing activity, or use of talcum and other drying agents or fitted clothing such as spandex shorts.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 20:40

Quoting: riccardo
Gracious sakes gang! Such ugly abuse. I admitted that the article was GREAT and I admitted to my hopeless PEDANTRY, so what more do you need? You should all be grateful that people like me still exist to help prevent the dumbing down of our/your societies.

"Dumbing down" ?

Methinks you should return home forthwith , if not sooner :-

According to the New England Journal of Medicine, holes in the sand dug by bucket-and-spade-toting children and tourists have accounted for 16 deaths in the States since 1990 – more than the death toll from shark attacks, which stands at 12.

Unsuspecting beach-dwellers are falling into the holes, ending up submerged when the walls cave in. The journal reports that beach patrols in Massachusetts are taking the deadly dangers seriously enough to ban the digging of holes.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 20:44

--"Falsehood has a perennial spring" -- direct plagiarism of Sir Edmund Burke.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/edmundburk125152.html ?

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 22 Jun 07 23:42

[personal information deleted] and some might maintain that is is just an ignorant tosser , but there we go . Let us see Priccardo post anything remotely interesting in english before criticising any article , then we can have a good laugh reading an article in Indonesian written without Nonya's help.
Fancy anyone who cannot spell "colour" having the gaul to criticise spelling and grammar.

It is NOT personal abuse , just a statement of fact - when the tosser learns to also lay off the abuse , then he may earn a little respect , until then .......

Typical dual standards from the American contingent , he is able to delete what he wants after back-scuttling all and sundry , but when something comes up a bit close to the wood , he doesn't like it . Moderate your tone Riccardo , and you won't get "insulted" , and may I suggest that you do what the rest of us have to do when faced with your crap - behave like a man and defend yourself - if it isn't true , then surely you can put your point across , but like Mr Stokkie , I think you have more than a few secrets .

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 23 Jun 07 00:56

Moderate your tone Riccardo ,

Why don't you just say what you think: "Let us all stay dumb and keep dumbing down society, Riccardo"

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 23 Jun 07 07:25

Editing - The way I see it!

In this newspaper all the negative news articles have been carefully cut out. While in theory this should leave only positive news for us to enjoy, it in fact leaves little more than a wealth of advertising.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 23 Jun 07 15:15

Moderate your tone Riccardo ,

Why don't you just say what you think: "Let us all stay dumb and keep dumbing down society, Riccardo"

No , you got it edited when I said what I thought -

Like I said , why don't you post something in a foreign language ( try Mandarin - you said that sinyo was learning it ) - if it is half as interesting as the subject matter of the OP , then I will acknowledge the fact .

Having reveiwed a lot of what you have written here , most of it is nothing more than ^C^V with interspersions intended to offend (not to encourage healthy debate as you may maintain ).

Why don't you go on a crusade through JC - let's face it , the standard of some of the written english here is pretty hopeless , and I'm not talking about english from some of the Indonesian guests , but from some of the expats - but I don't reckon that "U have the balls too Say very much about there language " - get my drift ?

The OP made some basic mistakes - do you think that the rest of us need you to point them out ?
Whilst it may surprise you , some of us actually did get an education at some point .

You want to go on a crusade and save the dopes - then go home and start there .

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 23 Jun 07 17:48

Lord, but that you would make all in my life this easy (grin).

" . . . let's face it , [sic] the standard of some of the written english [sic] here is pretty hopeless , [sic]and I'm not talking about english [sic] from some of the Indonesian guests , [sic] but from some of the expats . . . "

Tsk, tsk, tsk, Corporal Mainbearing, I thought we ripped the rank off your sleeves yesterday with that spelling/vocabulary blunder of yours concerning the "Celts of ancient Gaul". However, everyone and his sister can see now that your "english" [spelled by native speakers with an initial capital letter since about 1215 A.D.] needs more than just a tune-up. We think you need a make-over{grin}.

From this day, henceforth, you have been so advised that, except for dashes (-), other internal, English sentence punctuation do not have spaces before them. Therefore, don't use a space before commas (,), semicolons (;) and colons (:). Similarly, do not use a space before sentence end punctuation: e.g., question marks (?), exclamation marks (!), and periods (.).

" . . . - but I don't reckon that "U have the balls too Say very much about there language " - get my drift ? [sic]

Corporal, if it hadn't been for all your previous vocabulary and "grammer" {heh, heh, - just little "in joke" between us, eh, Corporal?} mistakes, I would have believed you were trying to take the mick out of someone by purposely using "U", "too", and "there" in that sentence. In other words, I might have wanted to "get your "drift".

However, with all your egregious mistakes, we cannot take chances. Even had those incorrect words (and a code letter, perish the thought!) been used by you on purpose, you have been setting such a poor example of proper written English for our non-native English readers here that we must, forthwith, correct this sentence.

NOTE - to our non-native English-speaking guests here: the incorrect part of the Corporal's sentence, above, should properly be written: "that 'you have the balls [he means courage] to say very much about their language'".

NOTE - and to ALL our readers here, be the first to report the Corporal (then Captain) using the last refuge of English language scoundrels, " . . . we invented the language ,[sic] [so] we are best qualified to comment on custom and usage .[sic]" as an excuse and WIN!

If you are the first to catch the miscreant Corporal, you will win a large beer at the bar of your choice. The Corporal (then Captain) has agreed to pay this fine to sharp-eyed readers who will help him get back on the (12-step) path to proper English.

That is all and have a good day.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 23 Jun 07 18:52

[quote=riccardo]

Having reveiwed [sic] a lot of what you have written here

Why don't you go on a crusade through JC - let's face it , the standard of some of the written english here is pretty hopeless , and I'm not talking about english from some of the Indonesian guests , but from some of the expats - but I don't reckon that "U have the balls too Say very much about there language " - get my drift ?

Why in the heck would I go on a crusade to fix everybody's English on JC? This is a place meant for people to relax and chat and hang out, just like a pub. It's not meant to be perfect, never was and never will be, not for me or anyone else. The story I referred to was published in a national newspaper, with a global online readership. I found it to be a GREAT read, but was annoyed by the grotesque typos in it -- which BTW, are not the fault of the author entirely. People pay good money to receive it or put ads in it, so such a publication will always be held to a higher standard than jakchatters rambling on for fun. Not a difficult concept, I can't believe I actually had to explain that to you....
Posted by: Magpie

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 23 Jun 07 20:06

ANother Astute Lynching, Captain.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 23 Jun 07 20:39

The story I referred to was published in a national newspaper, with a global online readership. ... People pay good money to receive it or put ads in it, so such a publication will always be held to a higher standard than jakchatters rambling on for fun.

now just cut that out, riccardo. you're starting to make sense. you'll get a reputation if you keep this up.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 23 Jun 07 23:09

[quote=riccardo]

Having reveiwed [sic] a lot of what you have written here

Why in the heck would I go on a crusade to fix everybody's English on JC? This is a place meant for people to relax and chat and hang out, just like a pub. It's not meant to be perfect, never was and never will be, not for me or anyone else. The story I referred to was published in a national newspaper, with a global online readership. I found it to be a GREAT read, but was annoyed by the grotesque typos in it -- which BTW, are not the fault of the author entirely. People pay good money to receive it or put ads in it, so such a publication will always be held to a higher standard than jakchatters rambling on for fun. Not a difficult concept, I can't believe I actually had to explain that to you....

This is a place meant for people to relax and chat and hang out, just like a pub.
If that is the case , I can only assume that you have had a few good slappings in the pub of your choice -

They aren't "typos" , they are plain and simple mistakes by the author , unless you are of course saying that the publisher made those errors ? In any case, the content remains unchanged and perfectly understandable , and I find the errors a lot less annoying than the comments about them .
Posted by: kenyeung

Re: JP/Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 23 Jun 07 23:20

Quoting: Meidyatama Suryodiningrat, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta
Jakarta: A city we learn to love but never to like

If Jakarta were a person, she'd be a whore.

What a load of silly tosh.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 23 Jun 07 23:24

Quoting: flingwing
Lord, but that you would make all in my life this easy (grin).

" . . . let's face it , [sic] the standard of some of the written english [sic] here is pretty hopeless , [sic]and I'm not talking about english [sic] from some of the Indonesian guests , [sic] but from some of the expats . . . "

Tsk, tsk, tsk, Corporal Mainbearing, I thought we ripped the rank off your sleeves yesterday with that spelling/vocabulary blunder of yours concerning the "Celts of ancient Gaul". However, everyone and his sister can see now that your "english" [spelled by native speakers with an initial capital letter since about 1215 A.D.] needs more than just a tune-up. We think you need a make-over{grin}.

From this day, henceforth, you have been so advised that, except for dashes (-), other internal, English sentence punctuation do not have spaces before them. Therefore, don't use a space before commas (,), semicolons (;) and colons (:). Similarly, do not use a space before sentence end punctuation: e.g., question marks (?), exclamation marks (!), and periods (.).

" . . . - but I don't reckon that "U have the balls too Say very much about there language " - get my drift ? [sic]

Corporal, if it hadn't been for all your previous vocabulary and "grammer" {heh, heh, - just little "in joke" between us, eh, Corporal?} mistakes, I would have believed you were trying to take the mick out of someone by purposely using "U", "too", and "there" in that sentence. In other words, I might have wanted to "get your "drift".

However, with all your egregious mistakes, we cannot take chances. Even had those incorrect words (and a code letter, perish the thought!) been used by you on purpose, you have been setting such a poor example of proper written English for our non-native English readers here that we must, forthwith, correct this sentence.

NOTE - to our non-native English-speaking guests here: the incorrect part of the Corporal's sentence, above, should properly be written: "that 'you have the balls [he means courage] to say very much about their language'".

NOTE - and to ALL our readers here, be the first to report the Corporal (then Captain) using the last refuge of English language scoundrels, " . . . we invented the language ,[sic] [so] we are best qualified to comment on custom and usage .[sic]" as an excuse and WIN!

If you are the first to catch the miscreant Corporal, you will win a large beer at the bar of your choice. The Corporal (then Captain) has agreed to pay this fine to sharp-eyed readers who will help him get back on the (12-step) path to proper English.

That is all and have a good day.

Ah flingwing, you have managed to remove you lips from riccardo's bottom . "We" ? Is that you and riccardo or have you made another friend ? Tell me, are you a failed hack scratching about in search of the money for the next visa extension, or do you have a proper job ?

Fortunately , I didn't need to be made aware of the rules of punctuation , I do it to be rebelious and to annoy runny-nosed little people .

I'm sure your offer is very kind , though I suspect that you can't afford it , an in any case , do you think that there are many people who would accept a drink from you ?

I think that it may take more than you and your buddy to rip my stripes off .

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 23 Jun 07 23:26

Quoting: Magpie
ANother Astute Lynching, Captain.

Would you care to clarify that Magpie ?

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 23 Jun 07 23:43

Quote:

Why in the heck would I go on a crusade to fix everybody's English on JC?

People pay good money to receive it or put ads in it, so such a publication will always be held to a higher standard than jakchatters rambling on for fun. Not a difficult concept, I can't believe I actually had to explain that to you....

Actually, you did, as the JP has (according to you) a vicarious responsibilty to correct the item - if it isn't the JP's fault , then don't bother crapping on about it , if it is the JP's fault, also don't bother crapping on about it and take the matter up with your mate.

I think that to use the words "higher standards " and "The Jakarta Post" in then same sentence is foolish to say the least .

Do you remember the signature that you used to use that had a spelling mistake in it - agreed from the original author , but none the less , you still used it ? So the JP (quality publication that it is) took old Meidyatama's comments and published them verbatim , at least what the old boy had to say was half way near interesting enough to get read to the end - the vast majority of your old tosh whilst correct in grammar, spelling and punctuation , is so boring as to bring tears to a glass eye .

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 00:44

All that aside, I rather enjoyed the original article.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 00:45

Would you care to clarify that Magpie ?

MAGPIE - in these situations, never apologize and never explain smile

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 02:14

Quoting: Dilli

I agree 10000% and it's the first thing I said in my initial comment about the article. BUT goodness gracious sakes, how utterly sad this is that Captain Whingemeister has to be such a miserable kook and just mindlessly attack other people. He probably never even read the article, but just had like some Pavlovian response and began to hurl abuse at all and sundry.

Really Capt., get some help, you sound so miserable and frustrated. And frankly, it's really, really ugly. Sorry I could not be more subtle, but just thought you might need to hear it.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 09:44

As this topic seems to have diverted some what I would like to point out that my oiginal response to ricks posting was not a personal attack .... Just saying how frustrating it must be to read something and have these mistakes jump out at you. I would imagine there are mistakes in a lot of things written these days.

Anyway ric ... does it get tedious or what?

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 10:22

Not true!

You were spoiling for a fight! I know what you are like!

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 10:38

Goats, apparently.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 10:40

On the subject of goats....

http://www.mspaintporn.net

http://www.mspaintporn.net/goaty.gif

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 11:20

Most of the cyber-pap concerning goats is cruel slander, such as this load of old cobblers:

Murdered for failing to diaper goats
On August 7, NPR journalist John Hendren reported that “Shepherds in the rural western Baghdad neighborhood of Gazalia have recently been murdered for failing to diaper their goats. Apparently, the sexual tension is so high in regions where sheiks take a draconian view of Sharia law that they feel the sight of naked goats poses an unacceptable temptation.” But it’s not only goats moving their uncovered behinds in a sensual way that irks fervent believers. Produce, too, has gotten a bad reputation. In East Baghdad, said Hendren, “[a] grocer and three others were shot to death and the store was firebombed, because he suggestively arranged his vegetables. An Iraqi colleague explained matter-of-factly that Shiite clerics have recently distributed a flyer directing grocers how to display their food. Standing up a celery stock near a couple of tomatoes in a way that might—to the profoundly repressed—suggest an aroused male is now a capital offense.”

Whereas this story from 2002 was true:

Goat rapist arrested
Police in the West Java city of Cirebon have arrested a 36-year-old unemployed man for "raping" five young goats to death.

Sakadi was arrested a few days ago after he was attacked by locals who were informed of his assaults on the goats by their owner. “The suspect has been charged with an article on abuses in the Criminal Code," said Sunyoto of the North Cirebon Police Detective Unit.

Police had initially been uncertain what to charge Sakadi with, as sexually assaulting animals is not covered in the Criminal Code. They eventually opted to charge him under the article on abuses, following testimonies from the owner and locals who felt concerned by the bestiality.

Sakadi, whose wife reportedly died two years ago, said he had raped goats every night since early September because he could not afford to pay prostitutes. "Seeking goats is easier and they don't protest like women. And I didn't need to pay," he said.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 11:41

Did you see the story about the Sudanese man who was caught having sex with a goat? The council of elders forced him to marry the goat as his punishment. Apparently, man and goat are living happily ever after, except for the goat, who is still getting cornholed by a crazy Sudanese guy, but now he has to wash dishes with his hooves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_4740000/newsid_4748200/4748292.stm

Having a goat wife might come in handy. You could carry a little Cup with you, and any time you got thirsty, you could just reach over and yank a nice warm cup of goat milk.

That might not sound delicious to you, but in Sudan, warm goat milk is a delicacy, second only to humping the goat. Unless it's a boy goat, in which case it's considered a close third.

I think I would have claimed I was performing an experiment in churning goat butter without using a churn.

Anyway, this story raises many interesting issues about property rights. The owner obviously felt wronged when he saw his neighbor going all funky on his goat. Why?

Evidently it wasn't a bestiality issue, since the council of elders forced the perpetrator to marry the goat. And it wasn't concern for the goat's wellbeing, since marrying a goat-humper isn't a step in the right direction. So what was the problem?

Was the owner planning to butcher the goat, and didn't want his goatburgers to have any special sauce?

Was the owner mad because he was saving the goat for himself?

There was no damage to the goat, unless you count some stretching. Having sex with your neighbor's goat is a lot like violating a copyright. It's totally victimless, right?

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 11:54

And then there is Goatse!

What has that got to do with goats?

(Try Google Image Search, have sick bucket close by!)

http://www.firstgoatse.com/shock.htm

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 12:17

As Peter Gontha used to say: "The Internet is a powerful tool but it must be used responsibly."

Of course, he then went on to make the Indonesian version of The Apprentice and it sucked ass, much like the original version with Donald Trump.

Speaking of Gontha, the Chinese Jews joke remains the highlight of his excellent website:
http://gontha.com/view.php?nid=26

While his performance as presenter of The Apprentice Indonesia is nicely reviewed here:
http://permagnus.com/2005/10/11/the-apprentice-indonesia/
Posted by: Piss Salon

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 14:24

I thought the article was fucking good. Especially for Suryo. I am using it to teach English because talking about whores with students makes me horny.

And Ricc, you are spot on.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 14:34

Talking about whores with yourself makes you horny

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 15:29

I agree 10000% and it's the first thing I said in my initial comment about the article. BUT goodness gracious sakes, how utterly sad this is that Captain Whingemeister has to be such a miserable kook and just mindlessly attack other people. He probably never even read the article, but just had like some Pavlovian response and began to hurl abuse at all and sundry.

Really Capt., get some help, you sound so miserable and frustrated. And frankly, it's really, really ugly. Sorry I could not be more subtle, but just thought you might need to hear it.

A rather "Chuckyesque" reply as usual .

You would be the last person on earth to give advice about tact and diplomacy Riccardo - do you not see just how ignorrant/arrogant you are/appear to be ? Just read the pissing article and let that be the end of it .
Frankly I am surprised that you didn't inject a bit of anti-islam sentiment in it too - you generally don't miss the chance .

Me get help ? take a look at your little wallow hole GRSB - full of love and enlightenment ? and typically american , you delete what you don't like (better than dropping a bomb though I agree).

You got your panty-hose in a twist regarding alledgedly personal comments - yet you dish the same shite out continuously , perhaps I should ignore you , but on the other hand , why the fuck should I ?

"Pavlovian response" ? I don't like Pavlova , and I don't have a dog , so I can't see that it can be so .

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 15:55

Not true!

You were spoiling for a fight! I know what you are like!

Okay .. you got me. It's true I am a shit stirrrer. I can't help it, it's in my nature.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 16:29

See, you started it, I actually thought that Riccardo's comments were atypically relevant and restrained. I'm easily led .

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 16:34

Quoting: Hutomo Mandala Putra
Saya punya prinsip, saya mau monogami, seperti bapak saya dan ibu saya. Jadi saya harus mengikuti bapak dan ibu. Saya harus menikah.. satu, sama yang perawan, yang bibit, bobot, bebet.

What rubbish. Garbage. Unmitigated tarradiddle. The story about the Cirebon goat rapist is TRUE:

Media Indonesia
Kamis, 19 September 2002

Duda Ditangkap akibat Perkosa Kambing

CIREBON (Media): Seorang duda, Sakadi, 36, warga Desa Jatimerta, Kabupaten Cirebon, menyetubuhi lima ekor kambing hingga mati. Akibat perbuatannya itu, Sakadi ditahan di Polsek Cirebon Utara.
Kambing yang disetubuhinya berkelamin betina dan masih muda, kemudian dicongkel matanya sehingga mati. Massa yang mengetahui perbuatan Sakadi merasa tersinggung, terutama pemilik kambing, Sakrim, 55. Massa sempat mengeroyoknya, namun diselamatkan petugas polsek setempat. Polisi mendapat laporan dari saksi korban pemilik kambing dan masyarakat.
Untuk itu Sakadi segera diselamatkan dan dikirim ke sebuah tempat yang dirahasiakan supaya aman. Kapolsek Cirebon Utara Iptu Bambang Suryanata membenarkan kejadian unik yang dilakukan oleh seorang pengangguran yang ditinggal mati istrinya dua tahun lalu itu.
"Tersangka dibidik dengan pelanggaran perusakan dan penganiayaan (Pasal 406 jo 302 KUH Pidana)," kata Kapolsek Cirebon Utara melalui penyidik Bripka Sunyoto kepada Media kemarin.
Menurutnya, Sakadi sering melakukan perbuatan aneh tersebut pada malam hari sekitar pukul 23.00 WIB. Seperti kasus terakhir yang kemudian digerebek massa yang sudah mengintainya sejak lama.
Perbuatan Sakadi dilakukan saat kambing sedang tidur. Dengan hanya mengenakan celana pendek, Sakadi mendatangi kandang kambing milik Sakrim yang jaraknya sekitar 300 meter dari rumahnya.
Dengan leluasa Sakadi melampiaskan hasrat seksnya yang selama ini terpendam. Ia tidak bisa melakukannya kepada manusia, karena mengaku tidak punya uang. ]"Cari kambing kan lebih gampang, dan rasanya lebih dari 'barang' perempuan, karena lebih hangat dan tidak protes seperti manusia. Lagian tidak harus bayar," kata Sakadi seperti dikutip Kapolsek.
Tadinya polisi tidak berani memberi keterangan kepada pers karena khawatir Sakadi dikejar massa, dan takut kantor polsek diserang. Peristiwa itu terjadi awal September 2002. Namun, karena kini tersangka sudah dinyatakan aman, polisi pun berani membuka kasus tersebut.
Kasus itu merupakan perkara baru yang terjadi di Cirebon. Awalnya petugas kebingungan mencari pasal pelanggaran yang pas, karena jika membidik tersangka dengan pasal pencabulan kepada binatang, tidak ada dalam KUHP. Polisi akhirnya membidik tersangka dengan kasus perusakan (406 KUHP) dengan kasus penganiayaan (203 KUHP).
"Dua pasal itu akhirnya bisa masuk, tapi dikuatkan dengan laporan pemilik kambing dan masyarakat yang merasa diganggu ketenteramannya," ungkap Kapolsek.

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 16:42

"Cari kambing kan lebih gampang, dan rasanya lebih dari 'barang' perempuan, karena lebih hangat dan tidak protes seperti manusia. Lagian tidak harus bayar,"

Well he is right - and in this case the term "rasanya" is 100% spot on - if it doesn't shag well then he can always eat it, or I suppose he can shag it then eat it- with stuffing so to speak.

I'm a bit concerned about his assertion that "it is warmer" than a human - I reckon the bugger is cooking it while he is humping it .

I reckon that the very least he should do is give it a couple of carrots and a bit of left over rice though .

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 24 Jun 07 16:54

"Cari kambing kan lebih gampang, dan rasanya lebih dari 'barang' perempuan, karena lebih hangat dan tidak protes seperti manusia. Lagian tidak harus bayar," kata Sakadi seperti dikutip Kapolsek.

for the bahasa indonesia impaired:

"Finding a goat is easier, isn't it, and the feeling is better than a woman's vagina, because it's warmer and they don't protest like humans do. Also, they don't have to be paid," said Sakadi, as quoted by the head of the subprecinct.

goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 17:50

Quoting: perkosa kambing
Kambing yang disetubuhinya berkelamin betina dan masih muda, kemudian dicongkel matanya sehingga mati.

I don't understand congkel in this context - how did he kill them?

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 17:57

Quoting: kenyeung
Kambing yang disetubuhinya berkelamin betina dan masih muda, kemudian dicongkel matanya sehingga mati.

he "levered out" the goat's eyes. they probably died from a combination of blood loss and shock.

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 18:18

Removing an animal's eyes from its sockets does not tend to cause blood loss on a scale that will result in death. Sheep and goats - when ill and immobile - can have their eyes pecked out by crows - but once treated for initial ailment they're fine(except blind).

Goat rapist Sakadi must have been quite a sadist to remove the eyes in a manner so violent that it killed them. Strange that Media Indonesia never followed up this story.

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 18:28

presuming sakadi was a surgeon, then yes, there would be minimal blood loss. however, the eyes were (allegedly) levered out, thus pulling violently on the optic nerve. this would almost certainly lead to blood loss. with sufficient force, the violent yanking of the optic nerve could even possibly cause brain damage.

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 18:56

presuming sakadi was a surgeon, then yes, there would be minimal blood loss. however, the eyes were (allegedly) levered out, thus pulling violently on the optic nerve. this would almost certainly lead to blood loss. with sufficient force, the violent yanking of the optic nerve could even possibly cause brain damage.

And I expect it would smart a bit too .

And I also expect that the poor old goat will keep an eye out for him in the future

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 18:59

I aint buyin that pulling/levering out a goat's eyes (or the muscles surrounding the optic nerve - or yanking out the nerve itself) will kill the animal - especially when the owner/local villagers are nearby and able to call for an ambulance. And why kill the goats after raping them? Media Indonesia is not telling the full story. Perhaps because the goat rapist was a brother of Surya Paloh and therefore a member of Golkar.

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 19:01

he "levered out" the goat's eyes. they probably died from a combination of blood loss and shock.

And having his dick up it's jacksie would have at least come as quite a shock.
Posted by: Shesca

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 19:05

Saya punya prinsip, saya mau monogami, seperti bapak saya dan ibu saya. Jadi saya harus mengikuti bapak dan ibu. Saya harus menikah.. satu, sama yang perawan, yang bibit, bobot, bebet.

What rubbish. Garbage. Unmitigated tarradiddle. The story about the Cirebon goat rapist is TRUE:

Media Indonesia
Kamis, 19 September 2002

CIREBON (Media): Seorang duda, Sakadi, 36, warga Desa Jatimerta, Kabupaten Cirebon, menyetubuhi lima ekor kambing hingga mati. Akibat perbuatannya itu, Sakadi ditahan di Polsek Cirebon Utara.
Kambing yang disetubuhinya berkelamin betina dan masih muda, kemudian dicongkel matanya sehingga mati. Massa yang mengetahui perbuatan Sakadi merasa tersinggung, terutama pemilik kambing, Sakrim, 55. Massa sempat mengeroyoknya, namun diselamatkan petugas polsek setempat. Polisi mendapat laporan dari saksi korban pemilik kambing dan masyarakat.
Untuk itu Sakadi segera diselamatkan dan dikirim ke sebuah tempat yang dirahasiakan supaya aman. Kapolsek Cirebon Utara Iptu Bambang Suryanata membenarkan kejadian unik yang dilakukan oleh seorang pengangguran yang ditinggal mati istrinya dua tahun lalu itu.
"Tersangka dibidik dengan pelanggaran perusakan dan penganiayaan (Pasal 406 jo 302 KUH Pidana)," kata Kapolsek Cirebon Utara melalui penyidik Bripka Sunyoto kepada Media kemarin.
Menurutnya, Sakadi sering melakukan perbuatan aneh tersebut pada malam hari sekitar pukul 23.00 WIB. Seperti kasus terakhir yang kemudian digerebek massa yang sudah mengintainya sejak lama.
Perbuatan Sakadi dilakukan saat kambing sedang tidur. Dengan hanya mengenakan celana pendek, Sakadi mendatangi kandang kambing milik Sakrim yang jaraknya sekitar 300 meter dari rumahnya.
Dengan leluasa Sakadi melampiaskan hasrat seksnya yang selama ini terpendam. Ia tidak bisa melakukannya kepada manusia, karena mengaku tidak punya uang. ]"Cari kambing kan lebih gampang, dan rasanya lebih dari 'barang' perempuan, karena lebih hangat dan tidak protes seperti manusia. Lagian tidak harus bayar," kata Sakadi seperti dikutip Kapolsek.
Tadinya polisi tidak berani memberi keterangan kepada pers karena khawatir Sakadi dikejar massa, dan takut kantor polsek diserang. Peristiwa itu terjadi awal September 2002. Namun, karena kini tersangka sudah dinyatakan aman, polisi pun berani membuka kasus tersebut.
Kasus itu merupakan perkara baru yang terjadi di Cirebon. Awalnya petugas kebingungan mencari pasal pelanggaran yang pas, karena jika membidik tersangka dengan pasal pencabulan kepada binatang, tidak ada dalam KUHP. Polisi akhirnya membidik tersangka dengan kasus perusakan (406 KUHP) dengan kasus penganiayaan (203 KUHP).
"Dua pasal itu akhirnya bisa masuk, tapi dikuatkan dengan laporan pemilik kambing dan masyarakat yang merasa diganggu ketenteramannya," ungkap Kapolsek.

Oh my dear dear GOD!!!!!!

kiamat sudah dekat....

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 19:06

I aint buyin that pulling/levering out a goat's eyes (or the muscles surrounding the optic nerve - or yanking out the nerve itself) will kill the animal - especially when the owner/local villagers are nearby and able to call for an ambulance. And why kill the goats after raping them? Media Indonesia is not telling the full story. Perhaps because the goat rapist was a brother of Surya Paloh and therefore a member of Golkar.

I reckon that the shock could have done it - years ago I shot a couple of rabbits with a .22 , the first one was drilled , but the second one hadn't been touched by the bullet which had struck a large stone next to it - I can only assume that the report and sound of the bullet hitting the stone caused it to shit itself and die . There is something known as vagal inhibition where pressure on the vagus nerve (I assume that goats have one) while he was back scuttling it caused it to pop its clogs .

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 19:08

Quoting: Shesca

Media Indonesia
Kamis, 19 September 2002

Oh my dear dear GOD!!!!!!

kiamat sudah dekat....

Nah , takes more than rogering a goat to cause the end of the world - if that was the case the welsh would have caused it to happen years ago .

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 19:10

actually, capt, i was more thinking of the medical use of the word shock, meaning low blood pressure due to haemorrhage, and subsequent heart failure. i'm not even sure it's possible to die from intense pain.

what i can't figure out is 'why?'. was Sakadi afraid the goatling would identify him in a police line-up??

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 19:13

actually, capt, i was more thinking of the medical use of the word shock, meaning low blood pressure due to haemorrhage, and subsequent heart failure. i'm not even sure it's possible to die from intense pain.

what i can't figure out is 'why?'. was Sakadi afraid the goatling would identify him in a police line-up??

I cant believe you guys are discussing how the goats died frown

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 19:20

I cant believe you guys are discussing how the goats died frown

well, unlike the other perverts involved in this discussion, i have a professional interest in this case, as a former goat husbander and author of the Western Australian technical education division's syllabus on dairy goat husbandary.

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 19:29

I had a different impression of you, Ku. Such as errr.. highly psychologically impaired human being?

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 19:31

I had a different impression of you, Ku. Such as errr.. highly psychologically impaired human being?

'impaired'? you meant, of course, 'enhanced'. common mistake for non-native speakers wink

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 19:33

Hmm... not sure. I meant to say "psychopath". Is enhanced the correct word? smile

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 19:38

All this talk of goats reminds me of a caption that appeared in the long-defunct Indonesian Observer newspaper. The photo showed a small girl wearing a white jilbab standing near a goat tethered outside a small mosque in Jakarta ahead of Idul Adha (feast of the sacrifice - goat-killing day). The caption header was: Casper and the friendly goat.

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 19:41

The caption header was: Casper and the friendly goat.
clearly the Indonesian Observer was on its last legs, and the check desk bules were running riot ...

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 19:43

Another funny goat reference was an in-joke in one of Bill Blade's columns in The Jakarta Post a few years ago:

Quote:
Mind you, all the shake-ups don't seem to have fazed certain grizzled old expatriate goats, mostly heavily bearded, who are so often to be found holding court in Jaksa, bleating forth nonsense about the woes of the world and the price of beer.

Re: goat rapist arrested - 24 Jun 07 23:30

Well finding a dick up your jacksie would be both a medical and psychological shock , especially if it (the dick) didn't belong to someone of the same species as you (in saying that, in some cases it would actually be necessary to carry out a DNA test to tell the difference between a javanese man and a goat) . All joking aside, I am pretty sure a Sundanese spit roast would certain make you loyo if it didn't actually kill you.

There are cases of people being tied up and threatened with an unpleasant punishment, to be flicked with a towel for example and die of shock - vagal inhibition can be caused by quickly drinking very cold liquids .
Posted by: emmajkt

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 25 Jun 07 07:35

"Cari kambing kan lebih gampang, dan rasanya lebih dari 'barang' perempuan, karena lebih hangat dan tidak protes seperti manusia. Lagian tidak harus bayar," kata Sakadi seperti dikutip Kapolsek.

for the bahasa indonesia impaired:

"Finding a goat is easier, isn't it, and the feeling is better than a woman's vagina, because it's warmer and they don't protest like humans do. Also, they don't have to be paid," said Sakadi, as quoted by the head of the subprecinct.

oh nice subject, that person must be :

1. Ewww!!!
2. Sick
3. Bizarre
4. Mental disorder

Re: Lipstick, stilettos, cheap makeup and condoms - 25 Jun 07 07:41

Guilty as charged!