Bacon Wrapped Kampung Chicken with Potato Stuffing

Posted by: Dilli

Bacon Wrapped Kampung Chicken with Potato Stuffing - 24 Aug 07 14:43

One Bottle Chardonnay
4 Kampung Chickens The really small ones)
12 rashers streaky bacon
1 pound potatoes, peeled
Handful fresh sage, thyme or rosemary (all are good)
12 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 cup white wine, plus 1 cup for sauce
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil

Open Bottle of wine and pour a glass

Preheat your oven and an appropriately sized roasting tray to 425 to 450 degrees. Boil your potatoes in salted water until perfectly cooked (donít overcook). Drain the potatoes and allow to cool.

Pour another glass of wine!

Remove any fat from inside the chicken cavity. Wash and pat dry with kitchen paper. Slice your potatoes thickly, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, add your freshly torn herbs and enough olive oil just to coat.

Toss the mixture around and then stuff your chickens with the potatoes. Place them into the tray with about 12 cloves of garlic and cook for 30 minutes. After this time the chicken skin should be crisp and golden.

Por another glass of wine.

At this point lay your streaky bacon over the breast meat and add a 1/2 cup of wine to the pan to get some sticky gravy juices going. Cook for another 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven.

Take them out of the tray and allow them to rest for 5 minutes.

For the gravy remove as much fat as possible from the tray before pouring into a pot with gentle heat. Take the remaining cup of white wine, add it to the gravy then boil up and scrape away all the goodness from the sides of the tray. Simmer this for a couple of minutes until tasty.

Serve with something nice and green like steamed broccoli and the potatoes pulled out from the chickens.

Open another bottle of wine. Enjoy!
Posted by: Choc_Cow

Re: Bacon Wrapped Kampung Chicken with Potato Stuffing - 25 Aug 07 16:01

If i follow your method of cooking, i might get too drunk to know what i'm doing & proly will end up with my head stuffed inside the chicken instead!
Posted by: emmajkt

Re: Bacon Wrapped Kampung Chicken with Potato Stuffing - 29 Aug 07 09:10

Quoting: Chocolatea

If i follow your method of cooking, i might get too drunk to know what i'm doing & proly will end up with my head stuffed inside the chicken instead!

hahaha... that's a good one!
Posted by: Piss Salon

Re: Bacon Wrapped Kampung Chicken with Potato Stuffing - 29 Aug 07 23:31

Quoting: emmajkt

Stolen from 'Friends'. But it was a turkey if I am not mistaken.
Posted by: KuKuKaChuModerator

Re: Bacon Wrapped Kampung Chicken with Potato Stuffing - 30 Aug 07 07:33

Quoting: Piss Salon
Quoting: emmajkt

Stolen from 'Friends'. But it was a turkey if I am not mistaken.

mr piss, i think you mean 'Mr. Bean'.
Posted by: Dilli

Bacon Wrapped Kampung Chicken with Potato Stuffing (NSFW) - 30 Aug 07 07:45

If I remember correctly Mr Piss has already declared an interest in this type of activity...I do off course refer to his preference for Baked Chicken as detailed below!