Guest House - Plabuan Ratu

Posted by: chewwyUK

Guest House - Plabuan Ratu - 04 Jul 07 08:17

Wasnt sure where to post this ...

anybody heading up to Plabuan Ratu should stay at a great little guest house which is right across the road from Ocean Queen Resort. I cant remember the name but will try and find it and post later. Rooms will set you back around Rp. 200.000 per night.
Posted by: KuKuKaChuModerator

Re: Guest House - Plabuan Ratu - 04 Jul 07 08:22

looks to be safe from tsunami ... where is piss salon? (saw him last night; looking positively radiant.)

Re: Guest House - Plabuan Ratu - 04 Jul 07 08:25

Yes he was positively glowing after the weekend ... think he mentioned something about planning to pick bits of skin and monkey love
Posted by: riccardo

Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 04 Jul 07 09:13

You think they'd be cool about us bringing a well-behaved dog? We know one little family-owned (chinese family) hotel south of Anyer that lets us. They love our dog and give him more attention than we could. Is it owned/run by locals, Chinese or a foreigner?

Does anyone know why they say you can't wear green in the water?

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 04 Jul 07 10:04

Quoting: riccardo
Does anyone know why they say you can't wear green in the water?

you don't know?! it's Nyi Roro Kidul, the Queen of the South Seas. if you wear green (or red or blue depending on the exact part of the south jawa coast in question) Nyi Roro Kidul will abduct you and make you marry her, and you'll be forced to have wild, wet sex with her for eternity!

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 04 Jul 07 10:16

Of course, I know. It's like a quiz question. Most Indonesians don't even know the REAL answer, so let's hear them...

BTW Cheww, any clue on whether they'd be cool with dogs? Did you see any there when you stayed?

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 04 Jul 07 10:17

I think the place will be okay with dogs as they had 2 that hung around the house anyway ....
Posted by: emmajkt

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 04 Jul 07 10:18

is the place called Kuda Laut?

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 04 Jul 07 10:27

hmm -- dont think so .. will try and find out
Posted by: doremi

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 05 Jul 07 10:00

I am looking at the pic attached, the mosquito nest doesn't seem to big big enough to cover the entire bed? or is it just a decoration? rates very reasonable...

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 05 Jul 07 10:39

have no fear --- its big enough. Not that you tend to have to many problems with mosquito at that height
Posted by: Dilli

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 05 Jul 07 10:57

Where are the photographs off the three beach bums?
Posted by: emmajkt

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 05 Jul 07 11:22

i wonder, why i am not surprise with your question dilli...

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 05 Jul 07 11:31

I am just guessing!
Posted by: Piss Salon

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 07 Jul 07 13:59

Green is the color of Islam Riccardo. The queen topped herself jumping from the bluff onto the rocks below rather than accept Islam for her people. Hence, anyone venturing into the water wearing the color green is taken.

Regarding dogs, I don't think it would be a problem though you would have to carry it up and down the spiral staircases.

Come on Chew. Where are the beach bums?

And you have a better shot of the house from that rather precarious observation platform.

Not called Kuda Laut. Karangjati. On the hill directly behind Ocean Queen resort. You get to look down on the diplomats.

The website for the house -- www.karangjatibeach.com -- does not work.

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 07 Jul 07 14:02

Yeah, I saw both bum 1 and bum 2 last night! Bum 3 was missing so we deserve the posting of the collective bums.

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 07 Jul 07 14:10

Quoting: Piss Salon
Green is the color of Islam Riccardo. The queen topped herself jumping from the bluff onto the rocks below rather than accept Islam for her people. Hence, anyone venturing into the water wearing the color green is taken.

DING DING DING!! WE got a winner... Indeed, the Queen of the South Seas HATES muslims/iSlam and that's why she kills anyone wearing green. NOW, how many Indonesians actually knew that fact??

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 07 Jul 07 14:56

Quoting: riccardo
Indeed, the Queen of the South Seas HATES muslims/iSlam and that's why she kills anyone wearing green. NOW, how many Indonesians actually knew that fact??

hate to break it to you, but the Nyi Roro Kidul legend predates the coming of islam to the archipelago by hundreds of years. furthermore, the forbidden colours differ depending upon which part of the south java coast you are on.

Posted by: Choc_Cow

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 12 Jul 07 10:01

Buuut i was told the rason no one should wear green around her is because green's her fave colour.

Nobody else should be wearing the colour and look better than her!! or else she'll get mad & start killin..

Which one is more believable? of course this one. Being a queen for so long she's bound to be bitchy.

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 12 Jul 07 20:44

That’s the version I have been told by locals (of the expatriate kind anyway), who are all tight with the laidback local population. Kuku, you are right about the versions of the legend changing along the entire southern Javan coastline. I posted a version last year after last year’s Jogya earthquake and the belief that the Queen was responsible. Where did you get your info re the Pelabuhan Ratu story predating the arrival of Islam?

And regardless, it is absolutely fantastic to get out of the city at every available opportunity and remind ourselves just how nice people are outside of Jakarta, regardless of whether they are Sundanese, Javanese or Chinese.

I hear Roy’s Hair has just returned from a memorable camping expedition near Sukabumi and is soon to furnish us with details of getting back to nature, which, for once, doesn’t involve him disrobing in the presence of a small shrub.

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 13 Jul 07 06:42

Where did you get your info re the Pelabuhan Ratu story predating the arrival of Islam?

trust me. i'm a sociologist. i know these things ...

well, ok, maybe i read some academic stuff about it when still a wee lad at UGM. also, i used to live in Jogja. for 5 years actually. was in with kejawen groups and sumarah, and made frequent visits to parangtritis where my dosen had a pad on the cliff overlooking the ocean.

parangtritis is of course a major javanese mystical "power point", with many sacred caves, graves and springs.

it is also nyi roro kidul's favourite place in all the world, being as it is so close to the centre of the universe (the kraton of the sultan of yogyakarta).

thus, yes, i've acquired a little knowledge from here and there ...

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 13 Jul 07 06:57

Is that a guy fucking a donkey on the beach?

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 13 Jul 07 07:00

Quoting: Dilli

no, actually. the donkey is pulling a cart whilst admiring the airship.

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 13 Jul 07 07:04

Still think there's a bit off shunting going on!
Posted by: Choc_Cow

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 13 Jul 07 09:36

Stop thinkng sex all the time will ya?. That's me with my gynaecologist..

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 13 Jul 07 13:11

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
Quoting: Dilli

no, actually. the donkey is pulling a cart whilst admiring the airship.

Great spotting Dilli and after careful video data analysis can confirm that the roles have been reversed an if fact it is the man pulling the donkey.

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 13 Jul 07 13:17

You are so wrong Meester Pees, I asked him and he admitted it!
Posted by: tia_eckholm

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 27 Feb 08 21:52

hmmm i want go to pelabuan ratu.. thanks for the info
Posted by: branmac

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 28 Feb 08 20:11

I was there last month and I didn't see a donkey! But Tia I will see you there anytime

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 28 Feb 08 20:25

Quoting: branmac
I was there last month and I didn't see a donkey! But Tia I will see you there anytime

hmmm tempting mac hehhehehe... i dont need see dongkey .. i heard its very good wave .. i think i want to try surv there..funny i went to bali many time .. but never to plabuan ratu its only 4 hours from jkt.
Posted by: branmac

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 28 Feb 08 20:32

4 hours drive but a lifetime of experience. Better to allow days and not hours.

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 28 Feb 08 21:57

yeah i will stay for few days for sun bathing

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 28 Feb 08 23:06

Quoting: tia_eckholm
Quoting: branmac

hmmm tempting mac hehhehehe... i dont need see dongkey .. i heard its very good wave .. i think i want to try surv there..funny i went to bali many time .. but never to plabuan ratu its only 4 hours from jkt.

Indonesian + surfboard = another victim for Queen of the South Seas

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 28 Feb 08 23:27

[quote=tia_eckholm]

Indonesian + surfboard = another victim for Queen of the South Seas

hehhehe piss .. ratu kidul only like guys not girls grin
Posted by: Rain

Guest House - Plabuan Ratu - 08 Mar 08 20:28

can you give me the references of name for several good guest house there, chew?!
Posted by: amadeus

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 25 Jun 10 23:26

Maybe the guest house you tried to say is joestay. enigmatic villa with buddha statue and mini light house on top of the buliding? i think the owner joe.. name it joestay. a recommended place for you

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 11 Aug 10 15:36

Greenroom.
Posted by: juminten

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 12 Sep 10 02:35

what a messy room
Posted by: amadeus

Re: Pelabuhan Ratu guest house - 15 Sep 10 21:34

messy room, phleeeease!