way to get tip

Posted by: i_beth

way to get tip - 10 Jun 07 02:29

One day I and my 40 days nightstand guy (for the next we call him 4dig) had lunch in Papadam Cilandak Town Square (i think now its not there anymore). When I was away to wash my hand after finish eating, i heard the waitress (man) said to 4dig that he's lucky to have a pretty and sweet wive like me. I knew he just being nice to have more tip (even somehow he's true blush ), but we were happy to hear that and yes, 4dig gave him more tip. Everybody happy...and it happened in some places as well.

But another day we and one of 4dig's colleague went for dinner in Outback Steak Resto Ratu Plaza. It was first visit for us In this resto. The girl who responsible to our table was nice, very smiley, helpful...until she said to 4dig that he's sexy with her shiny eyes.

We were kinda shock to hear that (even Im sure 4dig was happy to hear the untrue fact smirk ) cos the girl so impolite to say such thing in front me which was obviously his date. 4dig's colleague even felt little bit angry and annoyed with this wrong compliment from the waitress. So this time, no tip at all.

So girls, be careful with your boyfriend, husband or one night stand guy in Outback...no matter he's handsome, sexy or not hehe...
Posted by: juminten

Re: way to get tip - 10 Jun 07 08:59

NO tip at all?? thats so cruel! maybe she was just being genuinly complimenting him. as you said, she was very nice..! you guys just took it in the wrong way! didn't you guys feel uncomfortable at all leaving the table with no at least a couple of Rp?? YUCK!!! stingy arses!! and you are laughing..thats not very funny!

Posted by: KuKuKaChuModerator

Re: way to get tip - 10 Jun 07 09:08

biarin! i never tip. ever. no matter how much the waitress bats her eyelids. sometimes, if i'm feeling generous, i'll leave my name card.

Re: way to get tip - 10 Jun 07 09:10

dasar PELIT!!! Kuku peliiiiittt!!
Posted by: Dilli

Re: way to get tip - 10 Jun 07 09:35

Why settle for the tip when you can have it all.....if you ask nicely!
Posted by: emmajkt

Re: way to get tip - 10 Jun 07 10:50

talking about inappropriate manner from a waitress, that just reminds me when i have lunch with my bf in the only restaurant with 'sport' theme in the middle of dodgy area. The waitress can get too much friendly to 'bule costumer' i even have one friend of mine who get cheated by her husband with one of the 'ho' there. well what can i say, some waitress not only looking for a tip sometimes they looking for a ***k..

Re: way to get tip - 10 Jun 07 11:18

Sporstmans, Blok M I presume....

Re: way to get tip - 10 Jun 07 14:36

Quoting: Dilli
Sporstmans, Blok M I presume....

sometimes i feel you are a bit of smart ass dilli..

Re: way to get tip - 10 Jun 07 14:44

I try my best
Posted by: flingwing

Re: way to get tip - 10 Jun 07 17:50

Emma, if there are such things as a "bule costumer" [sic], what are Indonesians?

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 09:47

almost lost it here, what is actually your question flingwing? what are indonesians? i would say 'indonesian costumer'... its what people say give the right description, what the hell?

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 10:50

The question is, "if you like to call a white-skinned foreigner a 'bule', what do you call an Indonesian"?

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 10:54

Quoting: flingwing
The question is, "if you like to call a white-skinned foreigner a 'bule', what do you call an Indonesian"?

I think the play on words here is unnecessary. Most of us fully understood what Emma meant I think.

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 10:58

Quoting: emmajkt
well what can i say, some waitress not only looking for a tip sometimes they looking for a ***k..

kuwel! where is this place?

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 11:11

Sportmans - Jalan Faletehan. Ask Malcolm, he'll know

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 11:46

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
well what can i say, some waitress not only looking for a tip sometimes they looking for a ***k..

kuwel! where is this place?

pervert!

so..this time is Kuku looking for a fuck, not the waiter ya? laugh
make sure to leave some tips ya ku..
Posted by: chewwyUK

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 12:44

sorry to bring things back on topic but I have eaten at outback once and the service was so bad I didn't leave a tip either. In fact the service was so bad that I made them take off the standard service charge they add to all their bills.

The staff here are terrible, the management a joke ... this is a place to avoid. There are far better and cheaper places to grab yourself a steak.

PS. WD -- tips are for good service. if somebody doesn't get it right then why should you tip them? I would have no problem in stiffing somebody on the tip and even less of a problem telling them exactly why I am not leaving a tip

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 12:47

As for sportsman -- it's unusual to get that sort of problem there and was probably just a waitress being friendly ... especially if your boyfriend had been in there a few times.

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 14:47

Quoting: wrangler dudette
NO tip at all?? thats so cruel! maybe she was just being genuinly complimenting him. as you said, she was very nice..! you guys just took it in the wrong way! didn't you guys feel uncomfortable at all leaving the table with no at least a couple of Rp?? YUCK!!! stingy arses!! and you are laughing..thats not very funny!

People give tip for good service. Its not good, then dont tip. As simple as that smile

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 14:51

poor you, u are so upset with the word. As indonesian, i don't use the word 'bule' to offend anybody or sounded negative, as a matter a fact its use by everyone to identify western people. i suppose here i can say it because people here know what i'm talkin about, unlike you. So don't pick a beef, racist is far from my thought...

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 15:03

Quoting: chewwyUK
As for sportsman -- it's unusual to get that sort of problem there and was probably just a waitress being friendly ... especially if your boyfriend had been in there a few times.

friendly waitress is what people need from costumer service in hospitality, i said 'too much' can cause bad situation like i-beth said. i didn't say i'm the one have the problem there, but i can see the potential of it.I mean really short miniskirt similar with hooters, and what i know about my friend's marriage. I mean how can it happen if they limited the establishment with this 'too friendly' thing....

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 16:06

poor you, u are so upset . . .

And poor you for being upset about my being upset >grin<.

. . . as a matter a fact its use by everyone to identify western people.

"Everyone?" Really? Do you think President SBY uses it when he travels overseas looking for new, foreign investment money?

So don't pick a beef . . .

Then be careful of what you say.

And the answer to my original question is: "Orang Dekil". But I won't use those words if you don't use yours.

racist is far from my thought...

That's fine. Same with me. Now how about we prove it by both of us using different words?
----------------

bla bla bla -
See you in the next life, and don't be late!

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 17:48

orang dekil? whatever.. DUH? you one sad bule... entertain yourself somewhere else. bye, ciao, sayonara, like i'm gonna give a shit about what u said. i don't fuckin know you and i don't think i even want to.. piss off

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 18:49

bye, ciao, sayonara . . . piss off

Ya ampun, Missy, why didn't tell me?? Why didn't you say earlier that you were the woman who owns this JakChat forum? I certainly would not have spoken my truth to you if I knew you were the person who could order people to leave just like that! Kamu Orang Gede di Dah, benarkan?

i don't fuckin know you and i don't think i even want to . . .

Yeah . . . with a mouth like yours, you're probably right. But, of course, now I know YOU! >grin<

The problem is I don't know what button to punch to leave here. So I guess I'll just have to stick around and "mentekan tombol" until I find the correct one >grin<. Have a nice night, Madame Gede di Dah. :-)

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 19:08

my question will be.... What the hell is wrong with you Mr. Fling Brain Swing... Jesus Christ, what you say is irrelevant, why you have to pick on me a bout this 'bule' thing? why you feel offended so much, nothing wrong to be a bule and to be white!! most indonesian think is good tobe bule.... you cynical, boring, stupid asshole

My suggestion is you should learn more about the culture here then you will really learn that 'bule' word is not always fuckin negative...

This must be other thing that i have said here, are you actually the 'cheater' dude, my friend's exhusband? are you the owner of the place i'm talking about above, or simply your gf or is one of the 'ho' waitress...

Ewwwwwww, i don't wanna know you, and believe me sirrrrrrrrrrrrr, You DON'T know me... and excuse me, you don't own jakchat either. End the fuckin story

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 19:29

End the fuckin story

Masak?!?

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 19:34

MyHotComments
Graphics & Layouts

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 19:51

Emma, is that you??? Are you that rich you can eat in foreign restaurants? Hot stuff! :-)

STFU? = kemungkinan "Saya Terpinsang for You"?

Re: way to get tip - 11 Jun 07 19:57

A.. What?...Fling Brain Swing... very funny joke. lovely amusing, NOoooooot!!! Can you do better, please?

Why are you soooooooo.........

Re: way to get tip - 12 Jun 07 09:00

Quoting: i_beth

People give tip for good service. Its not good, then dont tip. As simple as that smile

yea..you wrote this:
The girl who responsible to our table was nice, very smiley, helpful...
means..she gave you a good service!

Re: way to get tip - 12 Jun 07 09:09

friendly waitress is what people need from costumer service in hospitality, i said 'too much' can cause bad situation like i-beth said. i didn't say i'm the one have the problem there, but i can see the potential of it.I mean really short miniskirt similar with hooters, and what i know about my friend's marriage. I mean how can it happen if they limited the establishment with this 'too friendly' thing....

but they are working at the bar! of course they wear sexy skimpy miniskirts! its their job to be sexy and hot to attract more guests/customers to come! if you worry about your guy to be flirted by those sexy flirty waitresses..then tie him up in bed and only take him out to church!

Re: way to get tip - 12 Jun 07 09:15

but they are working at the bar! of course they wear sexy skimpy miniskirts! its their job to be sexy and hot to attract more guests/customers to come! if you worry about your guy to be flirted by those sexy flirty waitresses..then tie him up in bed and only take him out to church!

Its not a bar WD, its a restaurant.......

Re: way to get tip - 12 Jun 07 09:27

sorry to bring things back on topic but I have eaten at outback once and the service was so bad I didn't leave a tip either. In fact the service was so bad that I made them take off the standard service charge they add to all their bills.

The staff here are terrible, the management a joke ... this is a place to avoid. There are far better and cheaper places to grab yourself a steak.

PS. WD -- tips are for good service. if somebody doesn't get it right then why should you tip them? I would have no problem in stiffing somebody on the tip and even less of a problem telling them exactly why I am not leaving a tip

Daddy, its true..there is no law that says anybody has to tip waiter in the first place, its just common courtesy to tip. but in the US there is a 15% minimum from the amount of the bill you should leave on the table. again its not a law! you don't have to if you feel comfortable people looking at you with dirty look and say "what a thight ass!!." ....hope they wont remember your face when you comeback to that place, because for sure they will mess around with your food!

btw..if you go to malaysia i think they already have fix a 10% service charges into the bill, regardless good or bad service.
Posted by: Choc_Cow

Re: way to get tip - 12 Jun 07 12:00

A.. What?...Fling Brain Swing... very funny joke. lovely amusing, NOoooooot!!! Can you do better, please?

Why are you soooooooo.........

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i am predicting that a love story b/n flingwing & emma will be blooming soon (there there.. let's make love not war!)

Re: way to get tip - 12 Jun 07 12:37

Quoting: i_beth

yea..you wrote this:
The girl who responsible to our table was nice, very smiley, helpful...
means..she gave you a good service!

until she flirting with bf and even my bf didnt like it. Will you happy if male waitress wink to your gf WD? Doh!

Re: way to get tip - 12 Jun 07 13:20

DOH..lol! i am a real woman honey...i like cock! sexy ones of course!

well, lemme tell you this. I am a very secure woman! he is a very secure man. i don't like clingy guy! i dont get jealous easily unless he fucks a girl in front of me! my boy friend is a very friendly and big flirt guy! he got lots of friends and fans! males and females! but we love, care and trust each other! thats all...

so, a lil wink from a waiter to my dude, it wont bother me at all! i'd ask him to wink back at her wink and ask him to give her extra tips!

Re: way to get tip - 12 Jun 07 13:43

really WD? you will want your bf wink back at the waitress that wink back at him? wow... i admire your confident in your relationship...

Unfortunately, most girls are not as confident as you are to tolerate that kind of inappropriate manner, disregard from feeling insecure or not, its just not right.

If my bf wink back at the waitress and give her a big tips because of the 'skanky' attitude, that means there's a disrespectful manner, i wouldn't think twice or too proud to tell him to fuck off... And i wouldn't call my self insecure fool, but just simply normal girl

Re: way to get tip - 12 Jun 07 19:00

DOH..lol! i am a real woman honey...i like cock! sexy ones of course!

well, lemme tell you this. I am a very secure woman! he is a very secure man. i don't like clingy guy! i dont get jealous easily unless he fucks a girl in front of me! my boy friend is a very friendly and big flirt guy! he got lots of friends and fans! males and females! but we love, care and trust each other! thats all...

so, a lil wink from a waiter to my dude, it wont bother me at all! i'd ask him to wink back at her wink and ask him to give her extra tips!

Oh sorry...thought u male :p
Was not about bf and waitress flirting each other behind my back, whatever...its about impolite manner of the waitress. I will appreciate if she tell me nicely or tell my bf that he is kind or nice instead of telling him that he's sexy with shiny eyes and that such body language. The resto manager won't like that as well i guess. It's not the way to treat the customers.

Re: way to get tip - 13 Jun 07 12:01

really WD? you will want your bf wink back at the waitress that wink back at him? wow... i admire your confident in your relationship...

Unfortunately, most girls are not as confident as you are to tolerate that kind of inappropriate manner, disregard from feeling insecure or not, its just not right.

If my bf wink back at the waitress and give her a big tips because of the 'skanky' attitude, that means there's a disrespectful manner, i wouldn't think twice or too proud to tell him to fuck off... And i wouldn't call my self insecure fool, but just simply normal girl

smile emma..i just like to handle men in different way than more girls do. of course i'd smack her arse if a girl try to grab my guy in front of me! as i said, a lil friendly flirt, chat or wink as long as their hands are away from each other, its totally fine for me! i don't get freaky for simple thing like that..

when we go out, we like to watch people and complementing either me saying "damn..he got real hot ass!" and he says "i think i'm hotter than him!"
then we saw a sexy girl passing by he says "woof! nice booty" i say "i think my booty is more rockin' than her!" he replied "i thought so too babe." then we kissssss in front of every body.. smile

see..its fun for not fighting over jealousy!

btw..what's skanky attitude mean? is that the whiner,complainer, bitchy, snobby, wannabe wife of rich husband type of gurl?
i thought most waitresses are sexy flirty or..genit only!

Re: way to get tip - 13 Jun 07 16:26

I don't think most waitresses are sexy or flirty? on which part of earth is that? hollywood? ah let me guess america??? haha..
but sure you can find some of 'em somewhere.

Re: way to get tip - 13 Jun 07 16:26

i say not most... but some or even less.. fiew

Re: way to get tip - 13 Jun 07 16:35

my question is did you bf get the girls number while your back was turned? if he is not that type then you don't need to worry - enjoy the fact you have something she cant have.

When all is said and done it is very easy for any girl or guy to go out in JKT and get a shag within hours of trying. Temptation is there for both sides and you just have to be confident that your relationship is strong.

Re: way to get tip - 13 Jun 07 16:38

my question is did you bf get the girls number while your back was turned? if he is not that type then you don't need to worry - enjoy the fact you have something she cant have.

When all is said and done it is very easy for any girl or guy to go out in JKT and get a shag within hours of trying. Temptation is there for both sides and you just have to be confident that your relationship is strong.

i absolutely agree, but what happend to my friend is one of a thing, maybe rare case, but still it really happend....

Re: way to get tip - 14 Jun 07 00:18

I don't think most waitresses are sexy or flirty? on which part of earth is that? hollywood? ah let me guess america??? haha..

dammm..emma! you lauging so laud!!
i went to some clubs/rests in jakarta there are bunch of sexy beutiful waitresses there.

you probably wont believe this but YES..most watresses in the US especially in a Hollywood/LA, NY, Florida/miami...most of them are fucking gorgeaous!! male and female witresses! because they are MODELS and ACTRESSES....more shocking for you???

Jennifer Aniston was a waiter in NY! and lots of lots famous actresses/actors were table waiters/bar tenders before they became big celebrities.

OK emma..i'm done with this waitress thingy! STOP being insecure! you are a beautiful girl. im sure your boy friend loves you!

Posted by: Capt. Mainwaring

Re: way to get tip - 14 Jun 07 01:11

poor you, u are so upset . . .

And poor you for being upset about my being upset >grin<.

. . . as a matter a fact its use by everyone to identify western people.

"Everyone?" Really? Do you think President SBY uses it when he travels overseas looking for new, foreign investment money?

So don't pick a beef . . .

Then be careful of what you say.

And the answer to my original question is: "Orang Dekil". But I won't use those words if you don't use yours.

racist is far from my thought...

That's fine. Same with me. Now how about we prove it by both of us using different words?
----------------

bla bla bla -
See you in the next life, and don't be late!

It was boring on expat forum >grin< - if you are whining about being called a bule - then you have a few shocks to come -

ps- >what the fuck< is this shite ?

Re: way to get tip - 14 Jun 07 12:07

dammm..emma! you lauging so laud!!
i went to some clubs/rests in jakarta there are bunch of sexy beutiful waitresses there.

you probably wont believe this but YES..most watresses in the US especially in a Hollywood/LA, NY, Florida/miami...most of them are fucking gorgeaous!! male and female witresses! because they are MODELS and ACTRESSES....more shocking for you???

Jennifer Aniston was a waiter in NY! and lots of lots famous actresses/actors were table waiters/bar tenders before they became big celebrities.

OK emma..i'm done with this waitress thingy! STOP being insecure! you are a beautiful girl. im sure your boy friend loves you!

if you read all of my comment you will know exactly this is NOT about me, Of course my bf really loves me, geez... i know that and doesn't matter how attractive he is i never get stupidly insecure, because he is the 'good' and the religious one in our relationship.... its what happend to my friend influence my opinion.

Average american are kind of fat i supposed haha... models, celebrity to be, whatever...let me say it will be less than 5% of whole population. You can even see the size Extra Small for them is like Extra Large for me....

Anyway, i tell this to get it straight. I'm done with this subject too...

Re: way to get tip - 15 Jun 07 08:10

A girl tried to flirt with me last night, but, I dont think she was a waitress

Re: way to get tip - 15 Jun 07 08:44

I had a girl flirt with me once but I don't think she was really a girl

Re: way to get tip - 15 Jun 07 09:29

Always had my suspicions about you and your sordid past!

Re: way to get tip - 15 Jun 07 09:48

all in the past now Dilli ... I am after all a respectable member of mainstream society now hehe

Re: way to get tip - 15 Jun 07 09:51

This must be some strange new definition off mainstream I have not as yet encountered
Posted by: kenyeung

Re: way to get tip - 17 Jun 07 12:48

Agreed with Captain Mannering. Jack Spratt's (alias Flingwing) smug whining about the term 'bule' on expat forum was awfully tedious, though thankfully Groucho Marx always kicked Spratt's sanctimonious tail. Why no Groucho Marx here - too lowbrow?

Sportsmans IS essentially a bar, not a restaurant. Most of Nick and Nina's turnover was from selling booze, not food. I doubt anything has changed (except prices and hemlines going up), though I've not been a regular in Sporties since Nina's last round of firing and replacing all staff. Nina encouraged her staff to flirt - and had no problem if the barmaids went home with wealthy married bules.

And the Outback steak restaurant joint is ghastly. Over-priced crap food. If hungry, better you ask Piss Salon to order an ifumi (though he's still likely to wink at your boyfriend while serving it and will then probably get his cock out to stir the coffee and add some creamer).

The above poster must have re-read Douglas Adams too often.

Re: way to get tip - 17 Jun 07 17:58

are you kidding me, its an essential bar? they don't even have decent a drink like cocktail and even decent juice. What they have only good nachos, oxtail soup and pizza... as a matter of fact. Its more suit to call an 'old PUB' with full of slutty waitress...
Posted by: kenyeung

Re: way to get tip - 17 Jun 07 20:56

Not an "essential" bar. Being a connoisseur of fine beverages, such as flat warm Bintang, I can assure you that Sportsmans basically sells more booze than food. Though I could always go a golfers pizza there. And their Sunday breakfasts were great. The waitresses/barmaids aren't at all slutty, merely attentive to the elderly bloated bules. Being a bald, young negro midget, they always treated me like crap. Strange that.

Re: way to get tip - 18 Jun 07 06:12

Its more suit to call an 'old PUB' with full of slutty waitress...

address please.

Re: way to get tip - 18 Jun 07 07:15

Jalan Faletehan, enter from the end with the football pitches. 50 yards down the street on the right hand side!

Re: way to get tip - 18 Jun 07 08:43

Sportsman is a decent bar if you want to view sport and not be dogged by ayam. Most of its money (food and drink) comes from 40+ bule males. Chances are these guys will tip when flirted with.

I dont tend to go very often as I feel there are better places to spend my money. In fact the last time I was there I enjoyed a very uncomfortable beer with an Australian guy and his girlfriend. As i had met his girlfriend in a bar the week and taken her home I felt it rude to let him pay for more than one beer.

Re: way to get tip - 18 Jun 07 09:28

Had to post it again, apparently taken just outside the Sportsmans, can't remember if she is one of the squeakies..

Re: way to get tip - 18 Jun 07 09:34

i think i would have to respectfully decline

Re: way to get tip - 18 Jun 07 14:22

omg dill, thats a good one! hahaha

Cheww!!! you do have bad past don't you!! You one naughty guy!
Posted by: bonita

Re: way to get tip - 19 Jun 07 19:05

Quoting: kenyeung
... though I've not been a regular in Sporties since Nina's last round of firing and replacing all staff

Yes and one of them is my friend. Don't worry, Emma, she's not a 'ho' eventhough she was working in Sportsman Bar.

Perhaps you've seen her there many times, ken.

And, Mr flingwing.... parlez-vous franšais, monsieur?

woooohooo, what a small world.
Posted by: Gurumeister

Re: way to get tip - 27 Jun 07 14:42

I don't condone this tip culture where people are expected to tip and waiters/waitresess are expected to recieve tips as part of their income.

Much better if the food, layout and service are great then charge more for the food, pay the staff more and provide better incentives. That will raise the service standard without making the staff feel the have to flirt for extra tips. There are many more benifits to the above choice which also inculdes employee job satisfaction, loyalty, a better family enviroment, a better dinning experiance etc.. etc..

Re: way to get tip - 27 Jun 07 14:49

Go to America and they all have the same "Pavlovian" response. "you MUST tip" I say tipping automatically is bollocks .. you get good service you tip a little ... you get average service you get nothing. Im sorry i refuse to reward average

Re: way to get tip - 27 Jun 07 14:52

Average, my favourite animal! Always rewarded

(Only cos I get a ride on average about twice a week)
Posted by: HypnotiqueBali

Re: way to get tip - 28 Aug 08 21:15

The Best Way to Get a Tip... is to come and work at HYPNOTIQUE Club Lounge in Bali... its pumping!!!

Here is the latest review:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Well Finally Jakarta Night Life Arrives in Bali!

PROGRESSIVE "NO-RULES" Club Lounge Called - HYPNOTIQUE.
The newest and most hyp addition to Eat Street's burgeoning bussle of bizziness (...and now bars), opens its doors and hearts to a sexy cocktail of style and savvy.
This state-of-the art cocktail bar and lounge caters to Seminyak's swish mix of local and foreign revellers, treating guests to high-end mixology by none other than local master-blaster, Yos Malelak, of BaliMoon, BehindBars and RedSquare Bar (Jakarta) fame.
Sleak lounge-design features include spherical custom-made PurpleDot Audio systems seen as the best audio sound in Indonesia, audio-reactive water-walls, along with the signature eye-shaped screens that swirl you on to next flavor.
Totally up market in comparison to Red Square!
Music will keep a more urban and rare groove vibe through the weekdays and then take things up a notch on weekends.
Service and value will no doubt be two of the best hooks for repeat offenders here, as bar-tenders will soon know you on a first-name basis, how you like your drink, and even which way the taxi needs to go to get you home safe...

The Best Club Lounge in Indonesia
The Best Sound System in Indonesia
The Best Cocktails in Indonesia

Want to see for yourself contact us to book your VIP table: steve@hypnotiquebali.com

The party start and finishes here!
Posted by: Vulgarian

Re: way to get tip - 03 Sep 08 22:46