Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#99211 - 28 Apr 09 18:10 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Loc: Di tengah hutan
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
Quoting: Polisi Cepek
Well if everything's hunky dory, why is her mum blacklisted from entering the country and the Indonesian Ambassador prevented from checking on her condition at he family's request?

possibly because she's an lying, hysterical, blood-sucking, money-obsessed bitch.

have i asked you about your girlfriend recently??

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here, but investigating alleged domestic violence is completely reasonable. Of course it should be the Malaysian police that do that, but the mother claims they won't respond to her.

As for my girlfriend, we broke up. Her mother kidnapped her because I wasn't paying the family enough.

#99212 - 28 Apr 09 18:17 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
They obviously didn't think semen was legal tender.

#99213 - 28 Apr 09 18:25 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Piss Salon]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Quoting: Piss Salon
They obviously didn't think semen was legal tender.

There was jewellery too.

#99216 - 28 Apr 09 18:30 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Maybe the serial numbers on your semen were more than two months old, and you forgot to iron it.

#99222 - 28 Apr 09 18:47 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Piss Salon]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Maybe the serial numbers on your semen were more than two months old, and you forgot to iron it.

Had that problem once while on holiday in Vietnam.

#99360 - 30 Apr 09 12:50 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Polisi Cepek]
kenyeung Moderator Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
The latest thrilling updates. No one is

National Police Enlisted to Help Solve Manohara Saga
The Jakarta Globe | April 29, 2009
Farouk Arnaz

Will the National Police be able to provide a happy ending to Manohara Odelia Pinot’s alleged fairy-tale-turned-nightmare saga?

The 17-year-old Indonesian-American model’s mother certainly hopes so.

Daisy Fajarina has turned to the police in her quest to be reunited with her daughter, who she claims was kidnapped by her Malaysian prince husband, Tengku Temenggong Muhammad Fakhry, during a pilgrimage to Mecca in February.

She says she has not been allowed to see, or even speak, with her daughter since, though a Malaysian newspaper published a photo supposedly showing the happy couple at a society wedding over the weekend.

The entire incident threatened to overshadow the visit of Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak to the State Palace last week, with the new leader forced to sidestep questions about the fate of the teenager.

Restrictions preventing Daisy, who claims she was offered a $1 million apartment in Jakarta to sever contact with her daughter, from traveling to Malaysia were apparently removed on the same day Najib met with President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, the day after she held a press conference at the National Commission on Violence Against Women in Jakarta.

Speaking to journalists at the National Police headquarters on Thursday, Daisy said she had asked the police for help in getting her daughter repatriated to Indonesia.

“I fully believe that the police will protect its citizens wherever they may be,” she said.

National Police Chief Gen. Bambang Hendarso said they would investigate whether the alleged kidnapping was a criminal case or not. If there were criminal aspects to it, they would have to liaise with Malaysian police.

Manohara was just 16 when she married the prince on Aug. 26 last year in Kelantan, Malaysia. She returned to Indonesia in October citing abuse, but later went back to her husband.

The Indonesian Eminent Persons Group, or EPG, on Wednesday said it hoped the alleged domestic violence case would not disrupt relations between the two countries, Antara reported.

“Reports on Manohara’s case in various mass and electronic media based on statements by Manohara’s mother, Daisy Fajarina, will hopefully not disrupt relations between the Indonesian and Malaysian peoples,” EPG spokesman Musni Umar said.

Women’s Empowerment Minister Meutia Hatta partly blamed Daisy for marrying off her underaged daughter. “Parents must safeguard their children. If they are still too young do not marry them. Moreover they are not villagers but educated,” she said.

-------------------------------------------------

Family: We will sue royal family, unless...
The Electric New Paper
April 30, 2009

IF WE don't get to see her, we will sue the Kelantan royal family. That's the stand of Ms Manohara Odelia Pinot's family.

They claimed that the 17-year-old Indonesian-French model was abducted by her husband, a Kelantan prince.

In a report published in Utusan Malaysia yesterday, sister Dewi Sariasi Pinot, 20, said she will be heading to Kuala Lumpur soon with her lawyer to discuss the suit.

The saga began when her mother, Mrs Daisy Farajina, told Indonesian newspapers that as the two families were about to leave Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, after completing the umrah (minor pilgrimage), the private jet carrying the prince and her daughter left.

Mrs Daisy and Dewi were left behind.

The mother also claimed that her daughter has complained her husband abused her.

Since the umrah incident at end of Feb, she claimed that she had been denied entry into Malaysia 'at the request of the Kelantan palace'. Ms Manohara was 16 when she married the prince, Tengku Muhammad Fakhry, 32.

But yesterday, businessman Mohd Soberi Shafii said Mrs Daisy had allegedly got into a rage at the prince's house.

He also denied any abuse and explained that the abduction allegation was a misunderstanding.

While he confirmed that Ms Daisy was barred from entering Malaysia, he said this was done to prevent her from causing 'chaos' at the palace. Her arrival in Malaysia was close to the Sultan of Kelantan's birthday.

The Malaysian Immigration Department revoked the restriction against her entry last Friday without elaborating, reported Malaysia's Berita Harian. Meantime, palace officials were tight-lipped.

#99367 - 30 Apr 09 13:23 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: kenyeung]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

You didn't highlight the best bit:

Women’s Empowerment Minister Meutia Hatta partly blamed Daisy for marrying off her underaged daughter. “Parents must safeguard their children. If they are still too young do not marry them. Moreover they are not villagers but educated,” she said.

#99372 - 30 Apr 09 13:35 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Piss Salon]
kenyeung Moderator Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
You didn't highlight the best bit:

In true Indonesian journalese, buried at the end of the article! Then again, a lead par such as:
Cops might check out the alleged abduction of a stupid spoiled whore, while the Women's Empowerment Minister has blamed the bitch's mother for marrying her off at a young age to Malaysian royal scum.
would probably be inappropriate.

#99374 - 30 Apr 09 13:38 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: kenyeung]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Agreed re the angle.

I would have added "who sold her daughter into sexual slavery, somewhere after the mother's name, or course.

#100735 - 31 May 09 20:37 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
the saga continues. the air-head at the centre of this, Manohari, has just "escaped" to jakarta, and now wishes to become an "activist" and to return to the modelling world.

Mano Ingin Jadi Aktivis & Kembali Jadi Model
Amanda Ferdina - detikNews

Manohara Pulang ke Jakarta
Jakarta - Sebuah pengalaman pahit namun berharga telah mengisi kehidupan model cantik Manohara Odelia Pinot. Berbekal pengalaman tersebut, perempuan berusia 17 tahun ini ingin menjadi seorang aktivis.

"Mano mau menjadi aktivis. Mano mau make sure masyarakat kita yang ada di luar sana tetap terjaga," ujar Mano setelah melakukan konpers di Markas Merah Putih, Jalan Biak, Petojo, Jakarta Pusat, Minggu (31/05/09).

Mano menceritakan, banyak warga negara Indonesia (WNI) yang mengalami hal serupa di luar negeri terutama Malaysia. "Most basic human right itu gak didapatkan di sana," tuturnya.

Selain menjadi aktivis, Mano juga berencana untuk kembali lagi ke dunia model. "Ke dunia model, why not?" imbuh perempuan blasteran AS itu sambil tersenyum. (amd/iy)

#100737 - 31 May 09 23:15 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Dramatic Escape from rapist prince

Indonesian model home safely after dramatic escape

The Jakarta Post , Jakarta | Sun, 05/31/2009 6:18 PM | World

Manohara Odelia Pinot, an Indonesian model who was reported to have been kept and abused by her Malaysian royal husband, joyfully returned to Indonesia on Sunday, after a dramatic escape from a hotel in Singapore.

Speaking to a packed press conference in Jakarta, the American-descent Indonesian model, who speaks fluent English and French, recounted her movie-like escape: she had to stay long in a bathroom to buy time, refused to be injected and repeatedly pressing the emergency button in the elevator before the Singaporean police came to help her.

“They (Singaporean police) brought me to a room. Mother came to me not long after it. I embraced her,” she said as quoted by Detik.com.

Daisy Fajarini told El-shinta radio she flew to Singapore after learning that her daughter was in the country.

The Foreign Ministry said the American embassy was involved in the process of freeing Manohara. “The ministry coordinated with the United States embassy because Manohara’s biological father is a US national which makes her a US national as well,” the Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson Teuku Faizasyah told The Jakarta Post.

#100740 - 01 Jun 09 01:12 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Piss Salon]
total beyoatch Offline

Loc: tegal-jawa tengah
first of all, that prince is OLD and FUGLY! she is a teen for god sake.

if i were to marry a prince, i would choose that hot dude from UK, his name is Harry. i'd do anything for him, i mean anything! if he wants nasi goreng i'll cook deliciously. if he wants 69..hell yea baby! if he wants threesome, i'll choose the dude! wink

#100741 - 01 Jun 09 03:07 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: total beyoatch]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Get many princes in Tegal?

#100747 - 01 Jun 09 03:29 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Jakarta Globe

‘I Was Drugged and Abused’

Safe again on Indonesian soil, teenage model Manohara Odelia Pinot outlined a horrific story of sexual abuse, confinement and torture at the hands of her Malaysian prince husband after returning to Jakarta on Sunday, following a dramatic weekend escape from him in Singapore.

The picturesque 17-year-old said that Singapore police helped her leave her husband Tengku Temenggong Muhammad Fakhry, the crown prince of Malaysia’s Kelantan State, at a hotel there. They were in the city state with Fakhry’s father, Sultan Ismail Petra Shah II, who is undergoing medical treatment.

“I am still traumatized by all that happened and it has left an impact on me,” she told a press conference after flying back to Jakarta with her mother Daisy Fajarina, sister Dewi Sri Asih and a staff member of the Indonesian Embassy in Singapore.

The plight of Manohara and her fairy-tale marriage that turned into a nightmare began with disturbing news reports in April that she had apparently been kidnapped by Fakhry and his family while in Saudi Arabia in February and taken by private jet back to Malaysia. The media coverage included complaints Manohara made to her mother last year of sexual abuse, and became an international incident after the Malaysian government and Kelantan royal family refused to respond to inquiries.

During a mid-day press conference, and later in an interview with TV One, Manohara confirmed the stories of abuse.
“Sexual abuse and sexual harassment were like a daily routine for me, and he did that every time I did not want to have sexual intercourse,” she said. “I could never think a normal man could do such things.”

Manohara was only 16 at the time of her wedding and her American father, Reiner Pinot Noack, was said to have disapproved of the marriage. The seemingly blissful life of a Malaysian princess soon became a living hell, Manohara said, as she was constantly guarded and spent most of her time in her bedroom in the palace. “Every time I went out for events, they forced me to smile and would torture me if I did not do what they said,” she said.

Manohara said she tried to escape, but was caught by royal family staff and injected with drugs that made her vomit blood. “I was injected twice,” she said.

When confirming a reporter’s question about whether her husband had cut her nipples, she was reluctant to give details. “Yes it is true. Some parts of my body were cut by a razor,” Manohara said.

She said she was in Singapore as Fakhry’s father had suffered a heart attack and needed treatment. While staying at the Royal Plaza Hotel, Manohara secretly called the Singapore police on Saturday night requesting help.

Police responded and confronted the royal family, telling them they couldn’t prevent Manohara from leaving, according to Teuku Faizasyah, spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Jakarta. He said police then called the US and Indonesian embassies for assistance.

“After Manohara was secured by the Singaporean police, our embassy staff in Singapore processed all her documents at the hotel within only four hours from 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Sunday so she could go back to Indonesia immediately,” Teuku said.

Manohara confirmed that the police had helped her escape.

“The police told Fakhry that he would be held in jail if he did not let me go. No one could force me against my will in Singapore and I knew I had a chance to escape here,” she said, adding that she wanted a divorce and would file a police report against her estranged husband.

Manohara also claimed that Indonesian Ambassador for Malaysia Da'i Bachtiar had previously lied about her condition.

“They made it worse by telling lies, saying that I was fine while I was suffering in Kelantan,” she said, adding that no media in Malaysia had reported on her plight.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs denied allegations that its embassy in Malaysia had lied.

#100749 - 01 Jun 09 06:10 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: kenyeung]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Quoting: kenyeung

EDITORIAL: Feast of lies
New Straits Times
2009/04/27

APOLOGIES -- at the very least -- are called for. Having suffered several days of distressing but perhaps predictable reports in the Indonesian and Singaporean press and on the international wire services, it was the height of grace for Tengku Temenggong Tengku Muhammad Fakhry Petra and his wife Cik Puan Temenggong Manohara, the former Odelia Pinot, to issue not a word in response or protest but simply to appear together at the wedding of a family friend. Reports of her torture and torment, as graphically recounted in the regional media, clearly seem greatly exaggerated. While we would dwell no further on the Kelantan royal couple's personal life, beyond hoping their continued happiness together will in time settle whatever unhappiness resides in others close to them, we cannot be so sanguine or hopeful over the erosion of reason apparently afflicting even the professional media these days.

When an aggrieved party's scandalous allegations are leapt on and gnawed to the bone without even a perfunctory attempt at verification, the damning lapse lies in the notion that a lie is news and ought to be reported as such. For the yellow press to make a meal of this is predictable, and their readership would have it no other way. For respected wire services and leading newspapers to pick up the "story", however, running it under headlines such as "Najib dodges queries on model" in reference to the Malaysian prime minister's refusal to take questions on the subject during his official visit to Jakarta last week, suggests that the much-touted need for the "old" media to learn from the "new" is barking up the wrong tree. When sentiment matters more than fact; when any accusation, no matter how outrageous, is deemed to need response or be held as true, some old-fashioned professionalism in reporting would seem a brave rearguard action in defence of the increasingly quaint notion of getting the story right.

As information and communications technology rolls ever onward, enabling ever more virulent text-message scams, invasions of privacy and scandalous rumour-mongering, along with all the benefits of reach, ubiquity and coolness now so piously upheld by those recognising the ascent of ICT over all previous media, it's appropriate once again to haul out the famous observation of 1970s media guru Marshall McLuhan: "The medium is the massage." What really matters is the message, not the medium of its "massage". And we could all be doing a lot better in getting our messages straight.

Oh I do hope The Globe will have a nice editorial aimed at the prick who wrote this!

#100751 - 01 Jun 09 08:45 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: chewwyUK]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: chewwyUK
Oh I do hope The Globe will have a nice editorial aimed at the prick who wrote this!

you are assuming that the NST got it wrong! malaysian "royalty" are renown for their childishness, greed and cruelty. however, their wrong does not automatically make Manohara right! she should have known what she was getting into, but was blinded by greed and the promise of status/prestige. watch what happens in the future as she shamelessly exploits her story!

#100752 - 01 Jun 09 09:05 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Well I am sure she knew what she was getting in to as the good prince did rape her before she agreed to marry him! For me it looks more a case of the mothers greed than the daughter.

The editorial was taking a shot at the Indonesian media and had a touch of a smug twat who looks down on others ... all i am saying is that the smug twat deserves to get it both barrels.

#100754 - 01 Jun 09 09:55 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: chewwyUK]
total beyoatch Offline

I didn't know about this Manohara girl until this story hits the media. I copied this from a blogger somewhere. My only question is where is her "Daddy"?

On 04.30.09 Lady M shows me love by writing:
You know what, I can’t help but posting a reply here as I have been so sickened by this whole over exposure story of a poor ‘girl’. This is an example of a greedy motherly ‘love’ that gone wild. And now she’s enjoying every bits of media attentions even asking SBY’s wife to get involve? Hello???!!! Excuse me, Madam maybe its a good thing that your daughter is kidnapped so you won’t be able to milk the inlaws anymore. Sorry if this sounds too rude but its just utterly disgusting to watch such drama of the whole situation. What about the millions of missing Indonesian girls/women being sold to the human trafficking and sex industries? Did these even more poor girls/women got any voice out there? The mother is no difference than a low life whose willing to sold his own daughter to this pervert and now she’s screaming at every camera telling the whole world how sad this ‘fairytale’ has become. What a sick sick world we are living today.

#100755 - 01 Jun 09 09:57 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: total beyoatch]
total beyoatch Offline

Personally I really, really hate men who abuse women. they are nothing but weaklings and cowards! but women can be abusive to sometimes, not just hitting but in other ways.

#100756 - 01 Jun 09 09:59 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Piss Salon]
total beyoatch Offline

Get many princes in Tegal?

Mana ada Prince di Tegal. only abang-abang becak.

#100803 - 02 Jun 09 15:44 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Matahari61 Offline

Loc: Canada
I am so intrigued by this story..would love to know the truth.....

#100804 - 02 Jun 09 15:50 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Matahari61]
Pooh Bah

there is no truth in this matter. only two sets of liars.

#100805 - 02 Jun 09 16:22 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: KuKuKaChu]
RichardCarpenter Offline
Member+

Loc: Bukit Sentul
Quoting: Matahari61
I am so intrigued by this story..would love to know the truth.....

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
there is no truth in this matter. only two sets of liars.

...there is the truth. no need to rely on the mainstream Singapore, Malaysian, or Indonesian media. The fountain of truth lies right here on JakChat

Edited by RichardCarpenter (02 Jun 09 16:23)

#100806 - 02 Jun 09 16:27 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: RichardCarpenter]
Sammy Jankis Offline
Member+++

Loc: Manila, Philippines
"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me." John 14:6
http://thehateproject.blogspot.com

#100807 - 02 Jun 09 17:33 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Sammy Jankis]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

You have to come through Jesus to get to your father? Kinky.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop