Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#98959 - 26 Apr 09 09:28 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: KuKuKaChu]
kenyeung Moderator Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
i feel the fascination with this story is because it involves Malaysian royalty, who are the absolute scum of the earth. they literally get away with murder.

Rekayasa Sandiwara spoke out against Malaysian royalty in a recent edition of Playboy Indonesia.

Attachments
reksandy2.jpg

#98998 - 26 Apr 09 15:26 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: kenyeung]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Loc: Di tengah hutan
Is that really her name? Surely the cruelest joke of a name to bestow upon a child since ... well, since mine.

#99000 - 26 Apr 09 15:30 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

They're tackling the tough issues in Playboy Indonesia.

"Onani tiap hari? Boleh!"
"Wanking every day? It's Ok!"

Although Australia's ex-outcast Indonesian dissident journalist gets an interview, so that balances things. He's actually a bit of an intellectual snob, I wonder how he felt about being butted up against the wanking article.

LOL.

#99002 - 26 Apr 09 15:42 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Mr Aditjondro?

#99006 - 26 Apr 09 16:08 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Pujangga

Quoting: Polisi Cepek
Is that really her name? Surely the cruelest joke of a name to bestow upon a child since ... well, since mine.

Why? I thought it was just a name. Does it mean something? Her name, that is, not yours.

#99007 - 26 Apr 09 16:12 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: kenyeung]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

It's hilarious, surely? Two words which suggest everything about her is fake. Never a more appropriate name for an Indonesian socialite.

#99008 - 26 Apr 09 16:15 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Rekayasa is often used metaphorically to mean something engineered, meant to deceive; and Sandiwara also frequently used to mean a pretence, literally a theatrical performance.

#99009 - 26 Apr 09 16:25 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Pujangga

Ah, thanks for that. Looks like I should read Playboy Indonesia more frequently.

#99010 - 26 Apr 09 16:36 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: kenyeung]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
yeah. me too.

#99021 - 26 Apr 09 18:43 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: kenyeung]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Quoting: kenyeung
Ah, thanks for that. Looks like I should read Playboy Indonesia more frequently.

Oh, since yours & Kuku's Indonesian is much better than mine, I should've guessed you were being facetious.

#99023 - 26 Apr 09 19:21 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Pooh Bah

don't you just hate fucking smug smart arses?

#99035 - 27 Apr 09 01:28 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: kenyeung]
bruxellois Offline
Member+

Loc: manah-manah
Quoting: kenyeung
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
i feel the fascination with this story is because it involves Malaysian royalty, who are the absolute scum of the earth. they literally get away with murder.

Rekayasa Sandiwara spoke out against Malaysian royalty in a recent edition of Playboy Indonesia.

Ken, I doubt this is a real playboy cover, if it is, then i must be very, VERY famous.

#99036 - 27 Apr 09 01:30 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: kenyeung]
bruxellois Offline
Member+

and,
yeah, jakchatters batted an eyelash or two. but not many indonesians out there do, not many who matter and can actually stop this from ever happening again, anyway.

#99037 - 27 Apr 09 02:34 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: bruxellois]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Castrating all men at birth would be one way.

#99055 - 27 Apr 09 12:13 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Piss Salon]
Pujangga

Kelantan prince and Indonesian wife at wedding
thestar online
Monday April 27, 2009

A KELANTAN prince and his Indonesian model wife, who have been the subject of much discussion on the Internet, made a surprise appearance at the wedding of PAS vice-president Datuk Husam Musa’s son in Kota Baru on Saturday.

The Malay dailies reported that Tengku Temenggong Tengku Muhammad Fakhry Petra, 31, and his wife, Cik Puan Temenggong Manohara Odelia Pinot, 17, appeared relaxed and smiling, and even posed for pictures with the wedding couple.

The prince, who was attired in black, and his wife, who was dressed in a pink baju kurung and matching selendang, were seen holding hands and smiling at each other.

The scene was in stark contrast to Indonesian news reports which quoted Manohara’s mother Daisy Farajina as saying that the prince had forcibly taken her away in a private jet in Saudi Arabia.

There have also been reports that the Indonesian model ran away from the prince due to abuse.

Mingguan Malaysia also reported that Manohara was seen attending two state functions in Kelantan.

Happy: Tengku Muhammad Fakhry and Cik Puan Temenggong Manohara attending the wedding in Kampung Kota, Kota Baru on Saturday.

#99057 - 27 Apr 09 12:18 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: bruxellois]
Pujangga

Quoting: bruxellois
I doubt this is a real playboy cover, if it is, then i must be very, VERY famous.

I didn't notice your name there at first. Wow! You really are famous. Did they take any photos of you for the magazine?

#99058 - 27 Apr 09 12:19 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: kenyeung]
Pooh Bah

still no sign of Rekayasa Sandiwara ...

#99059 - 27 Apr 09 12:31 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pujangga

Another report on the prince and his model wife appearing happy together:

Manohara and her prince make surprise appearance at wedding
The News Straits Times
2009/04/26
By : Sharifah Mahsinah Abdullah

KOTA BARU: Guests at the wedding of the son of Pas vice-president Datuk Husam Musa were surprised when Kelantan prince Tengku Temenggong Tengku Muhammad Fakhry Petra and his wife, Cik Puan Temenggong Manohara, made an appearance.

Despite the Internet buzz on her whereabouts, Tengku Fakhry, 31, and former model Manohara Odelia Pinot, 17, looked rather relaxed and enjoyed the ceremony which was held at Husam's house in Kampung Kota, here.

Shortly after their arrival, the prince and Manohara, who was dressed in a pink baju kurung with a matching selendang, greeted the guests who were sitting in a tent.

They then proceeded to the house to meet the bride and groom.

They had lunch with the newlyweds, Ahmad Syafi Husam, 21, and Indah Purnasari Didin, 18, and Husam and his wife Datin Ruhana Abdul Rahman. The couple spent about 40 minutes at the ceremony.

Tengku Muhammad Fakhry Petra (second from left) and Cik Puan Temenggong Manohara (third from left) with the newlyweds, Ahmad Syafi Husam and Indah Purnasari Didin.

Attachments
manoharahusband.jpg

#99063 - 27 Apr 09 12:50 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: kenyeung]
Pujangga

According to the New Straits Times, Rima Fauzi and others owe an apology. Personally I think a staged wedding appearance proves nothing. Also, Fauzi is beyond reproach if she has appeared in Playboy.

EDITORIAL: Feast of lies
New Straits Times
2009/04/27

APOLOGIES -- at the very least -- are called for. Having suffered several days of distressing but perhaps predictable reports in the Indonesian and Singaporean press and on the international wire services, it was the height of grace for Tengku Temenggong Tengku Muhammad Fakhry Petra and his wife Cik Puan Temenggong Manohara, the former Odelia Pinot, to issue not a word in response or protest but simply to appear together at the wedding of a family friend. Reports of her torture and torment, as graphically recounted in the regional media, clearly seem greatly exaggerated. While we would dwell no further on the Kelantan royal couple's personal life, beyond hoping their continued happiness together will in time settle whatever unhappiness resides in others close to them, we cannot be so sanguine or hopeful over the erosion of reason apparently afflicting even the professional media these days.

When an aggrieved party's scandalous allegations are leapt on and gnawed to the bone without even a perfunctory attempt at verification, the damning lapse lies in the notion that a lie is news and ought to be reported as such. For the yellow press to make a meal of this is predictable, and their readership would have it no other way. For respected wire services and leading newspapers to pick up the "story", however, running it under headlines such as "Najib dodges queries on model" in reference to the Malaysian prime minister's refusal to take questions on the subject during his official visit to Jakarta last week, suggests that the much-touted need for the "old" media to learn from the "new" is barking up the wrong tree. When sentiment matters more than fact; when any accusation, no matter how outrageous, is deemed to need response or be held as true, some old-fashioned professionalism in reporting would seem a brave rearguard action in defence of the increasingly quaint notion of getting the story right.

As information and communications technology rolls ever onward, enabling ever more virulent text-message scams, invasions of privacy and scandalous rumour-mongering, along with all the benefits of reach, ubiquity and coolness now so piously upheld by those recognising the ascent of ICT over all previous media, it's appropriate once again to haul out the famous observation of 1970s media guru Marshall McLuhan: "The medium is the massage." What really matters is the message, not the medium of its "massage". And we could all be doing a lot better in getting our messages straight.

#99098 - 27 Apr 09 18:40 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: kenyeung]
bruxellois Offline
Member+

I dont think I owe anybody an apology, and negative on the playboy thing. This is the first time I heard of it.

#99134 - 27 Apr 09 23:34 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: bruxellois]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Well if everything's hunky dory, why is her mum blacklisted from entering the country and the Indonesian Ambassador prevented from checking on her condition at he family's request?

#99152 - 28 Apr 09 08:35 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Polisi Cepek
Well if everything's hunky dory, why is her mum blacklisted from entering the country and the Indonesian Ambassador prevented from checking on her condition at he family's request?

possibly because she's an lying, hysterical, blood-sucking, money-obsessed bitch.

have i asked you about your girlfriend recently??

#99153 - 28 Apr 09 08:57 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
There is that side of it .. I mean the mum sold her off at 16 years of age to an ugly bald twat (I know, I know. People in glass houses). Maybe she is making all this fuss because she wants more money

#99155 - 28 Apr 09 09:17 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: chewwyUK]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: chewwyUK
Maybe she is making all this fuss because she wants more money

:rocketscientist:

#99160 - 28 Apr 09 10:37 Re: Malaysian Prince Kidnaps Bakrie's Ex [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pujangga

Manohara’s Mom Says One Smiley Photo Is Not Enough
By Nurfika Osman
The Jakarta Globe
April 27, 2009

The mother of Indonesian-American teen model Manohara Odelia Pinot, who said her daughter had been kidnapped by her Malaysian husband, says a picture published in a Malaysian newspaper on Sunday showing her daughter smiling was no guarantee she was happy.

The picture shows Manohara, 17, and her Malaysian-prince husband, Tengku Temenggong Muhammad Fakhry, at the wedding on Saturday of the son of Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party vice president Datuk Husam Musa.

The prince and Manohara, who was dressed in a bright pink outfit, sat side by side and appeared to be relaxed and enjoying the event at Husam’s house in Kota Bharu, the capital of her husband’s state of Kelantan.

“A photo can never guarantee what Manohara really feels,” Daisy Fajarina said on Monday. “I need to talk and meet her to make sure that she is fine. But [her husband’s family] do not allow me to contact my own daughter.”

She regretted that the Kelantan Palace had used a picture of Manohara, published in the New Straits Times, to make people think her daughter was fine.

“Why do they just publish pictures? Pictures can lie and people’s facial expressions always change. We cannot give a sad expression all the time,” she said, claiming the prince’s family would not have cut off access to her daughter if they had not had something to hide.

Manohara was 16 when she married the prince on Aug. 26 last year in an Islamic ceremony at Kelatan Palace.

She returned to Indonesia in October but later went back to her husband.

The alleged kidnapping occurred when the prince’s family and Manohara, her mother and sister were in Saudi Arabia for the minor Islamic pilgrimage, known as umroh . Both families were preparing to return to Malaysia, but once the prince, his family and Manohara were aboard the jet, it took off, leaving Manohara’s mother and sister behind.

Last Thursday, Daisy and Manohara’s sister, Dewi, reported the affair to the National Commission on Violence Against Women after failing to reach Manohara via official channels.

Daisy said on Monday she had not received any formal acknowledgment that a ban on her from entering Malaysia had been lifted, as officials there claim.

Last week, she claimed that early last month a representative of the prince’s family came to Indonesia and offered her an apartment and a sum of money to break ties with her daughter.

“Manohara is ours,” Daisy claimed the emissary said.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop