Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#95433 - 09 Feb 09 22:25 Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine
IndoWebResto Offline

Loc: Jakarta, Indonesia
Hi guys,
For everyone who loves good foods, we are here to offer you the most complete guide to your culinary world.
Visit us at www.indowebresto.com.

Edited by KuKuKaChu (10 Feb 09 07:00)
Edit Reason: no apologies required

#95518 - 11 Feb 09 00:51 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: IndoWebResto]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jak
It's 'food'. Now I will access the site and laugh at its paucity.

Edited by Dilli (11 Feb 09 04:48)

#95522 - 11 Feb 09 01:07 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: Marmalade]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
A dictionary definition of paucity can be found here.

Edited by Dilli (11 Feb 09 04:48)

#95524 - 11 Feb 09 01:15 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: Vulgarian]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

In that context, horror-face, I contest s/he made an error. Also in terms of paucity, ever wonder why Vulgarian hasn't opened up a Facebook profile to his friends and family?

Edited by KuKuKaChu (11 Feb 09 11:06)
Edit Reason: amitaba sancai sancai

#95530 - 11 Feb 09 01:25 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: Marmalade]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

I have. It was just for friends and family so you weren't invited.

Edited by KuKuKaChu (11 Feb 09 11:06)
Edit Reason: iseng

#95535 - 11 Feb 09 06:12 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: Marmalade]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Quoting: Marmalade
laugh at its paucity.

Eh? Paucity, which is derived from the Latin word pauce (pronounced pow-kay and meaning 'a few') is generally synonymous with 'scarcity' (or 'lack' or 'smallness of quantity') and followed by the word 'of' - such as 'his appalling paucity of politeness'. That said, 'paucity' need not always be followed by 'of'. For example:

Controversial expatriate author Wilfred Saddlebags's latest bestseller Down and Out in Jakarta does not include any data on Jaksa virgins due to its paucity and unreliability.

www.indowebresto.com seems to have plenty of content, despite its downright dearth of data on dining in Jaksa.

#95549 - 11 Feb 09 09:39 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: kenyeung]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Paucity of relevant content, smart-arse.

Edited by KuKuKaChu (11 Feb 09 11:07)
Edit Reason: inagadadavida

#95552 - 11 Feb 09 09:44 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: Marmalade]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Edited again! It's a conspiracy, I tells ya.

dilli Sure is.....

Edited by Dilli (11 Feb 09 09:46)
Edit Reason: Coz I can!

#95558 - 11 Feb 09 09:49 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: Vulgarian]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

PM me if it is something super-naughty. You will not escape the tentacles of the Dilli-pus.

Edited by KuKuKaChu (11 Feb 09 10:22)
Edit Reason: fapfapfap

#95562 - 11 Feb 09 09:54 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: Marmalade]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Who was having a go at v8 for his smelling pistakes?

P.S. Curse you, dilli. Curse youuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Edited by KuKuKaChu (11 Feb 09 10:21)

#95563 - 11 Feb 09 10:01 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: Vulgarian]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

No idea what you are talking about.

Edited by KuKuKaChu (11 Feb 09 10:22)
Edit Reason: meh

#95568 - 11 Feb 09 10:24 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: Marmalade]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Marmalade
Paucity of relevant content

There are 159 pages (each page with 7 entries) listing Indonesian restaurants and cafes, 119 pages of Western restaurants, 96 pages of Chinese restaurants, over 100 recipes, a fledgling forum with hundreds of posts about dining in Indonesia, and much more. Hardly grounds for mocking the site for "paucity of relevant content".

#95569 - 11 Feb 09 10:39 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: kenyeung]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

to be honest the content is good -- all it needs is a new face on it and it should do very well.

#95570 - 11 Feb 09 10:48 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: chewwyUK]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: chewwyUK
to be honest the content is good -- all it needs is a new face on it and it should do very well.

Indeed. The design may be deemed rather unattractive - and people tend to judge a book by its cover, which might explain why The Wit & Wisdom of Sutiyoso sold only three copies, and why pirated copies of Fritz the Cat and Team America get displayed alongside the Disney cartoons and Tom & Jerry in the children's section.

#95581 - 11 Feb 09 18:53 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: kenyeung]
IndoWebResto Offline

Thanks a lot for visiting our site and also for all the inputs. We really appreciate them. Hopefully we will be able to improve the site's design in the near future.

#95582 - 11 Feb 09 18:57 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: IndoWebResto]
Bu Kaki Offline
Member++

Loc: Bekasi
It's nice to know that you can still read the original loutish posts by searching for the deviant posters' posts whilst logged on

#95597 - 12 Feb 09 02:04 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: kenyeung]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: kenyeung
Quoting: chewwyUK

Indeed. The design may be deemed rather unattractive - and people tend to judge a book by its cover, which might explain why The Wit & Wisdom of Sutiyoso sold only three copies, and why pirated copies of Fritz the Cat and Team America get displayed alongside the Disney cartoons and Tom & Jerry in the children's section.

And that is why it throws up useless results? Search on Indian Food. BB Hailam Chicken Rice. No photo, and not very authentic in the Indian nomenclature department. And Kenyeung, you can piss off with the googling. Already checked.

#95600 - 12 Feb 09 04:21 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: Marmalade]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Uh-oh! Perhaps the moral of Squirrel Nutkin could be adapted to something about tails being pulled.

Attachments
squirrel-nutkin-03.jpg

#96132 - 23 Feb 09 21:18 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: kenyeung]
IndoWebResto Offline

Guys,

Indowebresto, Blitz Megaplex and Brunello Restaurant are giving away 4 FREE MOVIE Tickets and 10 Dining Vouchers.
Sign up or Log on our site, review your favourite restaurant for your chance to win the above prizes.
The winner will be posted on our website by the 1st of April 2009.
Thank You and Good Luck !!!

#96136 - 23 Feb 09 23:48 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: IndoWebResto]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

marmz ?

#96142 - 24 Feb 09 12:21 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: Vulgarian]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
gaymarmz

#96272 - 28 Feb 09 10:43 Re: Indonesia finest, most accurate with the largest database restaurants search engine [Re: Piss Salon]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

don't be silly

Moderator:  NetCop