Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#87327 - 11 Oct 08 18:58 Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Does anyone know if artichoke hearts are available in Jakarta?

From http://www.cookhot.com/cooking-recipes/1-recipes/101-baked-artichokes-with-lemon-garlic-and-basil

2 large artichokes
1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 basil leaves, chopped
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1/2 cup, chicken stock
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. With kitchen scissors, trim all the sharp ends off of each leaf. Wash the artichoke well in cool water. Slice down the center to form two halves. Clean out all the fuzzy hairs and smaller leaves with a spoon then immediately rub all the cut areas with a lemon.

Next combine the olive oil, basil, minced garlic, lemon juice, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper in a bowl. Mix until it becomes a paste. I rubbed it all over the artichoke halves and inside the leaves.

Coat the baking dish with olive oil cooking spray. Place each artichoke half top side down in a baking dish. Pour the chicken stock in the dish and cover with a lid or tin foil. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until soft and tender. Enjoy!

The photos are available from the website.

#87338 - 12 Oct 08 07:38 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i think you will be battling. they're a temperate climate crop, highly unlikely to be grown here.

but more to the point, what are you doing cooking? are the nest-building instincts kicking in? next you'll be pushing a trolley ...

#87341 - 12 Oct 08 10:15 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
nest building eveywhere .... some people set the trend .. others follow

#87351 - 12 Oct 08 11:57 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Do you really think I will be doing the cooking?

#87352 - 12 Oct 08 11:57 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Really?

#87370 - 12 Oct 08 15:59 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: Piss Salon]
viperaberushitam Offline
Member**

Loc: Somebody's watching me......
Yes the artichoke hearts are available, have seen them in Ranch Mampang.....

The only Faith that people really have to lose, is faith in themselves...........

#87386 - 12 Oct 08 21:37 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: viperaberushitam]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Are you sure you haven't eaten them all? And the rest of the produce?

#87543 - 15 Oct 08 02:49 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: Piss Salon]
viperaberushitam Offline
Member**

Quoting: Piss Salon
Are you sure you haven't eaten them all? And the rest of the produce?

Why yes I did, none for you, you are always late to the draw......

The only Faith that people really have to lose, is faith in themselves...........

#87590 - 15 Oct 08 21:49 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: viperaberushitam]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Loc: Di tengah hutan
He ate the checkout chicks n all.

#87646 - 16 Oct 08 17:11 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: Polisi Cepek]
viperaberushitam Offline
Member**

Quoting: Polisi Cepek
He ate the checkout chicks n all.

Good eye PC, most of those are rather tasty dishes.........

#87762 - 18 Oct 08 13:26 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: viperaberushitam]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jak
Are all Ranch Market girls required to have bobbed hair?

#87775 - 18 Oct 08 13:43 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: Marmalade]
viperaberushitam Offline
Member**

Quoting: Marmalade
Are all Ranch Market girls required to have bobbed hair?

I thought you have a binding 3 month contract?

#87784 - 18 Oct 08 14:04 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: viperaberushitam]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Sex plus free bule food. I'm sure the girlf would understand...

#87788 - 18 Oct 08 14:09 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: Marmalade]
viperaberushitam Offline
Member**

Quoting: Marmalade
Sex plus free bule food. I'm sure the girlf would understand...

Must have been the shortest social experiment in the history of Indonesia......

#87791 - 18 Oct 08 14:13 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: viperaberushitam]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Thought that was Reformasi?

#87800 - 18 Oct 08 14:55 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: Vulgarian]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Loc: Di tengah hutan
ROFLMAO

#87804 - 18 Oct 08 19:41 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Polisi Cepek
ROFLMAO

?

#88239 - 25 Oct 08 14:27 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: Piss Salon]
witty handle Offline
Member*

Loc: Bogor
Eating contest winner chokes to death in Taiwan

Oct 24th, 2008 | TAIPEI, Taiwan -- A student in Taiwan has died right after winning an eating contest at a university campus, apparently choking on Chinese steamed buns filled with cheese and eggs.

Local newspapers Apple Daily and United Daily News say 23-year-old Chen Chun-ing dashed to the bathroom after swallowing two buns in one minute. Other students found him lying on the floor soon afterward.

The papers say Chen was rushed to hospital but failed to respond to resuscitation efforts.

As competition winner, Chen would have won 2,000 New Taiwan dollars ($60).

Edited by witty handle (25 Oct 08 14:29)

#88552 - 31 Oct 08 02:23 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: witty handle]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

That's just ungrateful.

#88553 - 31 Oct 08 02:23 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: Marmalade]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

I'm sure they were nice buns though.

#88742 - 03 Nov 08 15:24 Re: Baked Artichokes with Lemon, Garlic and Basil [Re: Marmalade]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Darwin Awards ....

Moderator:  NetCop