Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#53927 - 15 Jun 07 09:51 Re: way to get tip [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
This must be some strange new definition off mainstream I have not as yet encountered

#54019 - 17 Jun 07 12:48 Re: way to get tip [Re: Dilli]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Agreed with Captain Mannering. Jack Spratt's (alias Flingwing) smug whining about the term 'bule' on expat forum was awfully tedious, though thankfully Groucho Marx always kicked Spratt's sanctimonious tail. Why no Groucho Marx here - too lowbrow?

Sportsmans IS essentially a bar, not a restaurant. Most of Nick and Nina's turnover was from selling booze, not food. I doubt anything has changed (except prices and hemlines going up), though I've not been a regular in Sporties since Nina's last round of firing and replacing all staff. Nina encouraged her staff to flirt - and had no problem if the barmaids went home with wealthy married bules.

And the Outback steak restaurant joint is ghastly. Over-priced crap food. If hungry, better you ask Piss Salon to order an ifumi (though he's still likely to wink at your boyfriend while serving it and will then probably get his cock out to stir the coffee and add some creamer).

The above poster must have re-read Douglas Adams too often.

#54028 - 17 Jun 07 17:58 Re: way to get tip [Re: kenyeung]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
are you kidding me, its an essential bar? they don't even have decent a drink like cocktail and even decent juice. What they have only good nachos, oxtail soup and pizza... as a matter of fact. Its more suit to call an 'old PUB' with full of slutty waitress...

#54034 - 17 Jun 07 20:56 Re: way to get tip [Re: emmajkt]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Not an "essential" bar. Being a connoisseur of fine beverages, such as flat warm Bintang, I can assure you that Sportsmans basically sells more booze than food. Though I could always go a golfers pizza there. And their Sunday breakfasts were great. The waitresses/barmaids aren't at all slutty, merely attentive to the elderly bloated bules. Being a bald, young negro midget, they always treated me like crap. Strange that.

#54047 - 18 Jun 07 06:12 Re: way to get tip [Re: emmajkt]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: emmajkt
Its more suit to call an 'old PUB' with full of slutty waitress...

address please.

#54049 - 18 Jun 07 07:15 Re: way to get tip [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Jalan Faletehan, enter from the end with the football pitches. 50 yards down the street on the right hand side!

#54057 - 18 Jun 07 08:43 Re: way to get tip [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Sportsman is a decent bar if you want to view sport and not be dogged by ayam. Most of its money (food and drink) comes from 40+ bule males. Chances are these guys will tip when flirted with.

I dont tend to go very often as I feel there are better places to spend my money. In fact the last time I was there I enjoyed a very uncomfortable beer with an Australian guy and his girlfriend. As i had met his girlfriend in a bar the week and taken her home I felt it rude to let him pay for more than one beer.

#54058 - 18 Jun 07 09:28 Re: way to get tip [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Had to post it again, apparently taken just outside the Sportsmans, can't remember if she is one of the squeakies..

Attachments
1969-OutofService.JPG

#54059 - 18 Jun 07 09:34 Re: way to get tip [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

i think i would have to respectfully decline

#54085 - 18 Jun 07 14:22 Re: way to get tip [Re: chewwyUK]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
omg dill, thats a good one! hahaha

Cheww!!! you do have bad past don't you!! You one naughty guy!

#54172 - 19 Jun 07 19:05 Re: way to get tip [Re: kenyeung]
bonita Offline
Member+++

Loc: at my desk
Quoting: kenyeung
... though I've not been a regular in Sporties since Nina's last round of firing and replacing all staff

Yes and one of them is my friend. Don't worry, Emma, she's not a 'ho' eventhough she was working in Sportsman Bar.

Perhaps you've seen her there many times, ken.

And, Mr flingwing.... parlez-vous franšais, monsieur?

woooohooo, what a small world.

Edited by bonita (19 Jun 07 19:12)
Edit Reason: oooops

#54786 - 27 Jun 07 14:42 Re: way to get tip [Re: bonita]
Gurumeister Offline
Member+

I don't condone this tip culture where people are expected to tip and waiters/waitresess are expected to recieve tips as part of their income.

Much better if the food, layout and service are great then charge more for the food, pay the staff more and provide better incentives. That will raise the service standard without making the staff feel the have to flirt for extra tips. There are many more benifits to the above choice which also inculdes employee job satisfaction, loyalty, a better family enviroment, a better dinning experiance etc.. etc..

#54789 - 27 Jun 07 14:49 Re: way to get tip [Re: Gurumeister]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Go to America and they all have the same "Pavlovian" response. "you MUST tip" I say tipping automatically is bollocks .. you get good service you tip a little ... you get average service you get nothing. Im sorry i refuse to reward average

#54791 - 27 Jun 07 14:52 Re: way to get tip [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Average, my favourite animal! Always rewarded

(Only cos I get a ride on average about twice a week)

#85172 - 28 Aug 08 21:15 Re: way to get tip [Re: i_beth]
HypnotiqueBali Offline

Loc: Seminyak Square, Jalan Oberoi,...
The Best Way to Get a Tip... is to come and work at HYPNOTIQUE Club Lounge in Bali... its pumping!!!

Here is the latest review:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Well Finally Jakarta Night Life Arrives in Bali!

PROGRESSIVE "NO-RULES" Club Lounge Called - HYPNOTIQUE.
The newest and most hyp addition to Eat Street's burgeoning bussle of bizziness (...and now bars), opens its doors and hearts to a sexy cocktail of style and savvy.
This state-of-the art cocktail bar and lounge caters to Seminyak's swish mix of local and foreign revellers, treating guests to high-end mixology by none other than local master-blaster, Yos Malelak, of BaliMoon, BehindBars and RedSquare Bar (Jakarta) fame.
Sleak lounge-design features include spherical custom-made PurpleDot Audio systems seen as the best audio sound in Indonesia, audio-reactive water-walls, along with the signature eye-shaped screens that swirl you on to next flavor.
Totally up market in comparison to Red Square!
Music will keep a more urban and rare groove vibe through the weekdays and then take things up a notch on weekends.
Service and value will no doubt be two of the best hooks for repeat offenders here, as bar-tenders will soon know you on a first-name basis, how you like your drink, and even which way the taxi needs to go to get you home safe...

The Best Club Lounge in Indonesia
The Best Sound System in Indonesia
The Best Cocktails in Indonesia

Want to see for yourself contact us to book your VIP table: steve@hypnotiquebali.com

The party start and finishes here!

#85492 - 03 Sep 08 22:46 Re: way to get tip [Re: HypnotiqueBali]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  NetCop