Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#90706 - 29 Nov 08 20:17 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: KuKuKaChu]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
watch out! Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine aka Bellefonte is back, advertising in The Jakarta Post today:

don't say you weren't warned!

#90716 - 29 Nov 08 21:34 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: KuKuKaChu]
L. Bellefontaine Offline

Loc: Bali
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
watch out! Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine aka Bellefonte is back, advertising in The Jakarta Post today:

look man... I really hoped i'd heard the last from you, but once again you subject me to more slander and insinuations. Just lay off, ok buddy. Or it's gonna be ting-a-ling-a-ling to my attorneys. Understood ?????

#90717 - 29 Nov 08 21:37 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Loc: Di tengah hutan
This is fucked up. Apologies if I'm mistaken, but it looks like The Jakarta Post is allowing people to post adverts using the same font as their regular text, in a box so it looks like an article. There ought to be a different (non house style) font and a little note that it's a paid advert.

#90729 - 30 Nov 08 07:25 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
In the UK they are called Advertorials and are clearly marked as such.

#90730 - 30 Nov 08 07:35 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: L. Bellefontaine]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: L. Bellefontaine
look man... I really hoped i'd heard the last from you, but once again you subject me to more slander and insinuations. Just lay off, ok buddy. Or it's gonna be ting-a-ling-a-ling to my attorneys. Understood ?????

go ahead! make my day!

#90734 - 30 Nov 08 08:55 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: Dilli]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Quoting: Dilli
In the UK they are called Advertorials and are clearly marked as such.

In Spain they are called Publirreportaje and are clearly marked by an image of a penis in the headline.

#90737 - 30 Nov 08 09:31 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: KuKuKaChu]
fred Offline
Member*

Loc: here and there

This is auful. You take the good name of an honest businessman just trying to earn a living and wipe it in the dirt.
Still I'm sure that he will sue you for every penny you have and you will stop slandering this poor man.

I'm sure that he is nothing to do with this bloke. grin

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2007/Apr/16/ln/FP704160348.html
Quote:

ert Ho and Carol Comeau weren't pleased to learn that Barry Bellefontaine, a Honolulu investment adviser who took their money and skipped town nearly 12 years ago, is now selling luxury homes in Bali, Indonesia, and serving as president of the local tennis club.

After Bellefontaine and his wife sailed off in a 50-foot-yacht in July 1995, his investment company went belly-up, owing $4.2 million to Ho, Comeau and about 90 other investors and creditors.

#90740 - 30 Nov 08 10:00 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: fred]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: fred
This is auful. You take the good name of an honest businessman just trying to earn a living and wipe it in the dirt.

indeed, bazza "lawrence" bellafonte/bellefontaine is a founding member of the South Bali Legitimate Businessman's Association.

#90743 - 30 Nov 08 10:15 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: KuKuKaChu]
fred Offline
Member*

indeed, bazza "lawrence" bellafonte/bellefontaine is a founding member of the South Bali Legitimate Businessman's Association.

Legitimate? Sound like right dodgy ILlegitimate to me. grin
Just watch. Some bastard will tell the golf club about him.

#90744 - 30 Nov 08 10:21 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: fred]
Pooh Bah

Just watch. Some bastard will tell the golf club about him.

tennis, if you please.

#90747 - 30 Nov 08 10:32 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: KuKuKaChu]
fred Offline
Member*

Very sorry. I was:

asleep while typing
Pissed at the time
High on illegal something
Shagging
thinking about shagging
looking at a sheep and the one above.

#90763 - 30 Nov 08 11:55 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: fred]
L. Bellefontaine Offline

Listen Mr I'm a friggin DJ. I'll have you know that neither I, nor my attorneys, take kindly to your using unsubstantiated claims to defame me. I'll have you know that i was cleared, in absentia, of any wrongdoing in Hawaii and am a simple man trying to forge a living in peace in Bali. I don't feel it necessary to rake up mud about you or anyone else. Believe me, this website, its administrators and even its casual users are NOT immune to actions (legal and otherwise) that i might choose to take. Once again, lay off me all. And for those who can see through all this petty backstabbing bullshit initiated against me on this site, feel free to send me a private message should you want any information about property in Bali.

Edited by L. Bellefontaine (30 Nov 08 12:11)

#90765 - 30 Nov 08 11:59 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: L. Bellefontaine]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

PM on it's way asshole....

#90766 - 30 Nov 08 12:01 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: L. Bellefontaine]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jak
Wow! A blanket warning. Fuck off Belle-end!

#90768 - 30 Nov 08 12:04 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: Marmalade]
viperaberushitam Offline
Member**

Loc: Somebody's watching me......
Quoting: Marmalade
Wow! A blanket warning. Fuck off Belle-end!

Yes, it is very threatening coming from a Canadian CM.......

The only Faith that people really have to lose, is faith in themselves...........

#90769 - 30 Nov 08 12:04 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: Marmalade]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Surely this is not the man himself? Look at his first post:

Go Fuck yourself Kukukachu. You've been spreading slander about me for far too long and all because of one night in that Saigon titty bar. I'll see you in court buddy boy.

#90770 - 30 Nov 08 12:05 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: Vulgarian]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

snigger

#90773 - 30 Nov 08 12:07 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: Dilli]
viperaberushitam Offline
Member**

Seems like the bitch Womb is up to her old tricks......

The only Faith that people really have to lose, is faith in themselves...........

#90774 - 30 Nov 08 12:08 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: viperaberushitam]
viperaberushitam Offline
Member**

Either that or Lawrence knows Kuku quite well.........

#90776 - 30 Nov 08 12:08 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: L. Bellefontaine]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Very cute use of the word 'obtain' in the advert above: "...new legal methods for foreigners to obtain Bali properties". Treading a fairly fine line with bullshit there, seeing as how Indonesian law clearly prohibits foreigners obtaining property here.

Please feel free to post some proof of your non-involvement in the loss of people's investments.

Not sure we need to be worried about legal threats from a man who can't even spell "attorney". But go ahead and have a try, I'm sure my colleagues in the Supreme Court would enjoy hearing your case.

#90778 - 30 Nov 08 12:09 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: viperaberushitam]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I suspected dilli, but the correctly spelled 'too' threw me off the scent.

#90779 - 30 Nov 08 12:11 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: Vulgarian]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

dilli Not guilty of/off anything in this regard

#90780 - 30 Nov 08 12:11 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: Vulgarian]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Quoting: Vulgarian

Go Fuck yourself Kukukachu. You've been spreading slander about me for far too long and all because of one night in that Saigon titty bar. I'll see you in court buddy boy.

Ah, we're being wound up are we? I suppose his appearance online was too good to be true, no-one could be that big an idiot. Nor use that picture of themselves.

#90782 - 30 Nov 08 12:12 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: Vulgarian]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jak
and the of/off minefield!

#90788 - 30 Nov 08 12:21 Re: Barry "Lawrence" Bellefontaine: Bule Crook living in Bali [Re: Polisi Cepek]
L. Bellefontaine Offline

Quoting: Vulgarian

Look. I'm the first to admit that the post quoted above was written in anger and was wholly inappropraite. Unlike many others, I'm very quick to acknowledge my mistakes. But take it from me, the essence of that post is completely true.

Quoting: Polisi Cepek
Very cute use of the word 'obtain' in the advert above: "...new legal methods for foreigners to obtain Bali properties". Treading a fairly fine line with bullshit there, seeing as how Indonesian law clearly prohibits foreigners obtaining property here.

Please feel free to post some proof of your non-involvement in the loss of people's investments.

Not sure we need to be worried about legal threats from a man who can't even spell "attorney". But go ahead and have a try, I'm sure my colleagues in the Supreme Court would enjoy hearing your case.

As for this, I cannot see what problem there is with my spelling but it is this kind of petty issue which is pretty typical of people on this website. A bit of a mob mentality I'd say. Has anyone taken a step back, done a bit of research and formed a considered opinion. No, it's more like 'here's a successful guy. Let's go after him'. Pretty shallow gentlemen.
Also, i feel no need to furnish any of you with any proof of involvement, non-involvement or otherwise as regards to my life and business dealings. The burden of proof does not lie with me. You Sir, feel free to publish any proof you discover against me. I'm living and working here quite legitimately and you are welcome to investigate that. As for your threat about the supreme court justices. I feel this is fancy thinking on you part. A foreigner here, who considers them his 'colleagues'. Tell it to the next sucker.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  NetCop