Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#78765 - 06 Jun 08 11:39 Singaporean fascists
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Worse than the bloody Malaysians these Singapore fuckers.

US blogger freed on bail

Singaporean-born US lawyer and blogger Golapan Nair was released on 2,400 euros bail yesterday after judges decided he did not have to remain in detention while investigations continue. Nair is due to appear in court again on 12 June.

Aged 58, he has been charged under the Sedition Act for posting blog entries criticising the supreme court’s handling of a defamation suit brought against the leader of the Singapore Democratic party, Chee Soon Juan, and his sister, Siok Chin, who have been sentenced to 12 and 10 days in prison respectively.

But wait there's more ....

Government urged to lift ban on film about journalist imprisoned for 17 years

Reporters Without Borders today called on the Singaporean government to reverse its decision to ban director Martyn See’s documentary “Zahari’s 17 years,” about former journalist and dissident Said Zahari’s 17 years in detention for defending press freedom in Singapore.

“Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s government has used an archaic film law to impose another authoritarian measure violating press freedom,” Reporters Without Borders said. “The ban on See’s film must be lifted. This act of censorship is all the more inappropriate and ridiculous as his films are available on websites such as YouTube and GoogleVideo. We call for the liberalisation of the censorship and internal security laws that deprive Singaporeans of an environment favourable to free speech.”

Since 12 April, anyone suspected of possessing or disseminating a copy of “Zahari’s 17 years” can be sentenced to two yeas in prison and a heavy fine. See was forced to surrender all of his own copies of the documentary to the ministry of information, communication and arts on 11 April.

The film consists of a 49-minute interview with Said, the former editor of the newspaper Utusan Melayu, about the reasons he and several colleagues were arrested under a draconian internal security law in 1963, when the government was headed by the current prime minister’s father. Two years before his arrest, Said led a strike by the staff of Utusan Melayu in protest against the government’s takeover of the newspaper.

The documentary can be viewed at http://singabloodypore.rsfblog.org/archive/2007/04/12/singapore-zahari-s-17-years.html

#79678 - 14 Jun 08 18:08 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: Piss Salon]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
interesting, not that liberal there eh??...

Sounds like as dodgy as the system here... or worse?

#79680 - 14 Jun 08 18:21 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: emmajkt]
viperaberushitam Offline
Member**

Loc: Somebody's watching me......
This article is just scrapping the surface Piss, the wife and I oppose the Lee Regime and when we found out how deep the cancerous grows there we decided not to immigrate in to that repressive society a few years ago. If you really oppose it so strongly, refuse to go there, refuse to spend one penny in the repressive society. We refuse for the long term day to day living under that kind of regime but we do go there for short term trips for work, health and get aways.

The only Faith that people really have to lose, is faith in themselves...........

#80380 - 25 Jun 08 20:34 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: viperaberushitam]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

I like Hooters.

#80385 - 25 Jun 08 20:42 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: Piss Salon]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Loc: Di tengah hutan
And I like Cunt, but I don't go yelling it about the place.

#80387 - 25 Jun 08 20:46 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

I know. Your completely in love with yourself.

#80388 - 25 Jun 08 20:46 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

And Dilli.

#80389 - 25 Jun 08 20:47 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: Piss Salon]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

"Cunt", not "Scunt". Cunt.

Edited by Polisi Cepek (25 Jun 08 20:48)
Edit Reason: tambah jorok

#80390 - 25 Jun 08 20:48 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

True enough. Where's the chewwie wedding forum. I have some questions.

#80391 - 25 Jun 08 20:49 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: Piss Salon]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Yes I can't find it either. Nor any photos. But maybe it's better that way.

#80392 - 25 Jun 08 20:50 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Who was in 2A?

#80393 - 25 Jun 08 20:52 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

I mean, everyone assumes we got screamingly tripped out on spiked punch and pissed in the gamelan gongs, be an anticlimax to show otherwise.

#80394 - 25 Jun 08 20:53 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

2A? No-one. Why?

#80397 - 25 Jun 08 20:58 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Lots of sex noises. For at least five minutes.

#80398 - 25 Jun 08 21:00 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

My wife said two minutes, however. Something we often disagree about.

#80399 - 25 Jun 08 21:02 Re: Singaporean fascists [Re: Piss Salon]
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Five-minute-long orgasm? Not bad I'd say.

#83755 - 05 Aug 08 22:03 Re: Singaporean fascists - Followup [Re: Polisi Cepek]
viperaberushitam Offline
Member**

Loc: Somebody's watching me......
I say he will be found guilty, with a huge fine and some mandantory jail time, any takers on the bet?

US blogger to be tried for insulting Singapore judges

A US national said Tuesday he will be tried in Singapore next month for allegedly insulting two judges who had presided over cases involving an opposition leader.

Gopalan Nair, a former Singaporean lawyer who is now a US citizen, told AFP he has not yet hired a lawyer to represent him in the trial from September 8-19.

"At this moment, I am representing myself," he said.

Nair faces two charges of insulting judges on his blog. Each charge carries a jail term of up to one year, a 5,000 Singapore dollar fine (3,676 US) or both.

In the first charge, he is accused of insulting Justice Belinda Ang, who presided over a defamation case where Singapore's founding father Lee Kuan Yew and his son Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong testified against the leader of the opposition Singapore Democratic Party (SDP).

Nair, 58, alleged that Ang was "prostituting herself during the entire proceedings by being nothing more than an employee of Mr Lee Kuan Yew and his son and carrying out their orders," a court document said.

In the second charge, Nair is alleged to have sent an e-mail to Supreme Court Justice Lai Siu Chiu in 2006 saying he has "no shame" and that judges "are selling their souls and their conscience for money," according to a court document.

Nair allegedly sent the e-mail on the day Lai sentenced SDP secretary general Chee Soon Juan to a one-day jail term and fined him for contempt of court.

Nair said he is currently free on bail of 5,000 dollars.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080805072727.or7pnxxa&show_article=1

The only Faith that people really have to lose, is faith in themselves...........

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop