Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#69985 - 23 Feb 08 14:14 Obama
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Audacity of dopes. What were they thinking? And of all the places.

DALLAS, Feb. 21 (UPI) -- The Secret Service told Dallas police to stop screening for weapons while people were still arriving at a campaign rally for Barack Obama, a report said.

Police stopped checking people for weapons at the front gates of Reunion Arena more than an hour before the Democratic presidential hopeful appeared on stage Wednesday, the Fort Worth (Texas) Star-Telegram reported.

Police said the order to stop using metal detectors and checking purses and laptop bags constituted a security lapse, the newspaper reported.

Dallas Deputy Police Chief T.W. Lawrence -- who heads the department's homeland security and special operations divisions -- told the Star-Telegram the order had been intended to speed up seating of the more than 17,000 people who came to hear the candidate speak.

Lawrence said he was concerned about the large number of people being let in without being screened, but that the crowd seemed "friendly," the newspaper said.

Several Dallas police officers -- speaking on condition of anonymity because the order came from federal officers -- told the newspaper it was worrying to see so many people get it without even a cursory inspection.

The Star-Telegram said the Secret Service did not return a call seeking comment.

#69986 - 23 Feb 08 14:15 Re: Obama [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

I quite like the last paragraph also. How did the paper get the telephone number?

#69987 - 23 Feb 08 14:24 Re: Obama [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Piss Salon
Dallas Deputy Police Chief T.W. Lawrence -- who heads the department's homeland security and special operations divisions -- told the Star-Telegram the order had been intended to speed up seating of the more than 17,000 people who came to hear the candidate speak.

Lawrence said he was concerned about the large number of people being let in without being screened, but that the crowd seemed "friendly," the newspaper said.

it has since been proven that approximately 16,999 of the people allowed in were "friendly".

#69988 - 23 Feb 08 14:27 Re: Obama [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Did anybody see the texas debate the other day? I hope obama gets the nod as I couldnt stand that smug shit eating grin hilary had on her face everytime he spoke

#69989 - 23 Feb 08 14:34 Re: Obama [Re: chewwyUK]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
you know it's the beginning of the end for a state/country whenever a woman gets elected leader. usually means the (male) elites have completely run out of ideas and credibility.

#69998 - 23 Feb 08 15:22 Re: Obama [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

You are a true swine Kuku.

Again, I am spending my Saturday afternoon watching Obama on youtube. He's an incredible speaker. He's got the presidency in the bag. How can he lose to McCai .. Maci ... the old bloke from the republicans?

#70001 - 23 Feb 08 15:52 Re: Obama [Re: Piss Salon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

check out this utube clip .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZwPH8go-MQ

#70009 - 23 Feb 08 16:46 Re: Obama [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

You did a youtube search for that "c" word and that's the best you came up with? Lame.

I was hoping to start an Obama thread but it isn't working out. I might do a Brad and resign in digust.

#70010 - 23 Feb 08 16:50 Re: Obama [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

youtube has so much more to offer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk2uAtgczvM

#70011 - 23 Feb 08 17:30 Re: Obama [Re: Piss Salon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

I also did a search using "new zealand foreplay" and this is what came up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQdLSZ3Uawc

#70012 - 23 Feb 08 17:38 Re: Obama [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

My one was better.

But what about Obama? The fate of the 'civilized world' depends on it. If you listen to CNN that is.

#70013 - 23 Feb 08 17:58 Re: Obama [Re: Piss Salon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

it will be an interestng experiement to see if Geoge Bush is to blame for the rest of the world hating America or the gerneral population is to blame.

Given the debates and public speaking on CNN and the like Obama delivers a consistant message, while coming accross as likeable, engaging and somebody who you feel would do a prety good job.

In terms of a leader who has the ability to bring America back in to the global community and put an end to the ever increasing current "religious war"

The rest of the world will be hoping Obama is the next president. However my gut feeling is that in a race between obama and old oven chips is the Americans will vote for the old white war hero and prove without a shadow of a doubt that the majority of the population are morons

#70028 - 23 Feb 08 23:17 Re: Obama [Re: chewwyUK]
flingwing Offline
Member++

Yes, Obama is "youngish" and McCain is "older". That'll be enough to polarize the vote at either end of the population curve. It's what happens in the middle ages that'll decide the contest.

However, Obama's campaign of "Hope", while warm and fuzzy, is short of substance. It's a lot of flash and little fire. He hasn't really said much about how and where he plans to navigate the ship of state though the year 2013. Does he think he can win on "personality" alone? That's very Indonesian, isn't it?

If you look at character, he's also kind of superficial. I see him as younger version of a Bill Clinton, minus the sexual perversity.

We'll see, though. There are enough months left before the election for the weak ones to lose the election for themselves. And whoever the world gets as its new U.S. president, the world will fully deserve! grin

#70046 - 24 Feb 08 11:55 Re: Obama [Re: flingwing]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

I can't agree with your comments that Obama is running his campaign on rhetoric alone and is "superficial". The guy is completely clued up and has repeatedly made his policy clear, such as bringing the troops home by 2013, health care, border issues, illegal immigrants, engaging with "America's enemies" without precondition etc.

Perhaps it is the mainstream media's focus on the conflict he has with Hiliary, his wife's thesis, his skin color and other largely irrelevant issues, rather than his policy.

And anyway, why does everyone label him 'black'? If someone is half 'white' and half 'black', is he still 'black'? Not that it matters, but he could also be labelled 'white'.

#70048 - 24 Feb 08 12:11 Re: Obama [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
I believe that the technical term is "touched with the tar brush".

#70051 - 24 Feb 08 12:15 Re: Obama [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

I believe that the technical term is "touched with the tar brush".

#70054 - 24 Feb 08 13:35 Re: Obama [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Now now Cap'n, leave Chalky Obama alone

#70057 - 24 Feb 08 14:56 Re: Obama [Re: Roy's Hair]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

coward

Attachments
obama.jpg

#70060 - 24 Feb 08 15:33 Re: Obama [Re: Piss Salon]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Having a sooty pres. would do the US the power of good.

#70064 - 24 Feb 08 18:05 Re: Obama [Re: Roy's Hair]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Roy's hair
Having a sooty pres. would do the US the power of good.

they deserve it and more - shame he isn't Indian, that would learn the sanctimonious bastards.

#70072 - 24 Feb 08 18:47 Re: Obama [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

What do you both mean?

#70079 - 24 Feb 08 20:04 Re: Obama [Re: Piss Salon]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Sim Sa La Bim, the rest of the world thinks we're not such arseholes any more.

Attachments
sooty_wand_large.jpg

#70083 - 24 Feb 08 20:13 Re: Obama [Re: Roy's Hair]
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
so.......hes is yellow and black but creating white magic ..with a black and white wand...wuts the hidden messages mad mad grin grin

Is that Sooty?I

I remember Basil Brush and Mr Scribble, and metal mickey

..take only what you need..

#70084 - 24 Feb 08 20:21 Re: Obama [Re: Ena]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Showing your age there Ena. Worse, I dont remember Metal Mickey, (but I believe it was produced by Mickey Dolenz of "Monkee's Fame).

I had moved onto copious amounts of hallicinogenics on Saturday afternoons when that programme was on TV!

#70087 - 24 Feb 08 20:25 Re: Obama [Re: Dilli]
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
isn't starting to show your age when you repeat things twice?? grin grin

yeah..I'm old!!!

..take only what you need..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop