Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#69864 - 19 Feb 08 12:20 Subsidized Fuel Diesel sold at the Pumps,
Balibob Offline
Member**

Loc: Bali
In order to curtail the Subsidy on premium Fuel and diesel sold at the pumps, the Govt. want to introduce a "smart Card" system, which will allow car user/owners to buy 5 lites a day anf for Motor bikes 1 litre a day,.... the system is going to cost 5 trillion and 2 months(pick any 2) to implement and install,.... they say this will save 9.5 trillion a year in subsidy month, (and thus they can line their already deep pockets, even more).

If instead the Govt. was to put 500 Rp. increase on subsidised fuels as of march 1 at no cost, then they would save 9.5 trillion till end of this year, based on current usage.

What the Fuck is going on??? If an idiot like me can work that out then????

PS,.... I have no ulterior motive

What do U guys think if this carryon??

(George Bernard Shaw)

#69865 - 19 Feb 08 12:36 Re: Subsidized Fuel Diesel sold at the Pumps, [Re: Balibob]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I think somebody is buying a another house and a few cars with the "commission" from the smart card company.

Another question is why would PLN rejected a bid for the supply of fuel from a company in Indonesia because they were "to expensive" only to purchase the fuel from Japan at a price which was 40% more than the Indonesian company tendered??

#69866 - 19 Feb 08 12:46 Re: Subsidized Fuel Diesel sold at the Pumps, [Re: chewwyUK]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Another question might be why since becoming a government minister whose job it is to serve the people of Indonesia and Mr Bakrie managed to become the richest man in Indonesia?

#69867 - 19 Feb 08 12:47 Re: Subsidized Fuel Diesel sold at the Pumps, [Re: chewwyUK]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Or why does a relative of Kalla have the monopoly on the supply of gas bottles?

#69868 - 19 Feb 08 12:51 Re: Subsidized Fuel Diesel sold at the Pumps, [Re: chewwyUK]
Balibob Offline
Member**

Loc: Bali
Surely U don't think there is some KKN involvement do U MR Cheww??

(George Bernard Shaw)

#69869 - 19 Feb 08 12:58 Re: Subsidized Fuel Diesel sold at the Pumps, [Re: Balibob]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Ohhh no .. I would never suggest that.

I have a suggestion for a section of JakChat. We should call it CORRUPTION WATCH - people can post about things in government and private sector where there is obvious corruption. Could be very popular

#69871 - 19 Feb 08 13:30 Re: Subsidized Fuel Diesel sold at the Pumps, [Re: chewwyUK]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
the first thing i thought when i read about this proposal was "here's another fuck-up in the pipeline". the only people who will be making money from this will be the smart card providers. and for what? the indonesian government has proven time and again that it is not capable of implementing these kinds of schemes.

#69886 - 19 Feb 08 20:19 Re: Subsidized Fuel Diesel sold at the Pumps, [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Yeah, remember when all the parkir guys were gonna get smart card readers? That one kind o slipped off the radar.

#69888 - 19 Feb 08 21:38 Re: Subsidized Fuel Diesel sold at the Pumps, [Re: Roy's Hair]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
that's exactly what was thinking about. it was in 2005 i think when the city administration tried to force tukang parkir in jalan sabang (parallel to jalan jaksa) to use these hand-held parking ticket devices. of course, the parkir did not like this one little bit! within weeks, nearly all of the very expensive devices were unusable, for a variety of reasons.

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop