Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Dennis, why do your remind me of Sammy?

#68931 - 28 Jan 08 06:56 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I am planning on designing a game to celebrate his death. The player who demonstrates his ability to shaft all the other players, graft, murder and then smile all the way to a natural death wins. I will of course be taking 10% on every transaction

#68932 - 28 Jan 08 07:01 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I think it is unfair the way that some are comparing him to Adolf Hitler. Adolf was actually innocent of the Holocaust!

History has proven that Adolf was misheard when giving orders while Pak Harto just got on with it.

#68933 - 28 Jan 08 08:08 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: Dilli]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Think you're confusing SBY for Hitler.

#68949 - 28 Jan 08 12:02 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
What is with The Jakarta Post taking out its own half page advertisement to offer its "deepest condolences on the passing of H.M. Soeharto".

"May his soul rest in peace."

Fuck me. What about the souls of the million-odd he murdered?

#68950 - 28 Jan 08 12:12 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: Piss Salon]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Well yes. Indonesians have their cultural traditions and are respectful in death. Not such a bad thing. In this case though a long hard look in the mirror about now would do this country the power of good.

Rest In Peace? It should be clear to most that Beelzebub will be using this man's arse cheeks as a toast rack forever and eternity.

#68955 - 28 Jan 08 17:08 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: Roy's Hair]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Suharto was Indonesia's Pol Pot: Sukarno widow

The Japanese widow of Indonesia's founding president Sukarno says she will never forgive his successor Suharto for his repression, and has likened him to Pol Pot.

Suharto seized power from Sukarno in 1965-66 and ruled with an iron fist for another three decades.

"I don't want to lash out at a dead man but I cannot forgive Suharto," Ratna Sari Dewi Sukarno, Sukarno's third wife said.

"He was Indonesia's Pol Pot," she said, referring to the late leader of Cambodia's genocidal Khmer Rouge.

Dewi, a former bar hostess born as Naoko Nemoto, married Sukarno at age 19 in 1962 after he was charmed by her on a state visit to Tokyo.

After Sukarno died under house arrest in 1970, she returned to Japan where she has become a television personality and runs a jewellery and cosmetics business.

Despite Indonesia's economic progress under Suharto, his tenure was marked by repression, from the killings of at least 500,000 communists and their sympathisers from 1966, to invading East Timor and quelling separatist movements in Aceh and Papua.

Dewi blamed Suharto both for the death of her husband, "the man who declared independence and became Indonesia's first president," and for the mass killings around the country.

"Although he had a soft face, he could be cruel and heartless at the same time," she said.

"You could not tell what he was like on the inside.

"What he said and what he did were two different things."

She scolded Suharto for not making court appearances late in his life to answer corruption charges, citing illness.

"Even today, many Indonesians suffer from that legacy and the income gap continues to widen," Dewi said.

"He ended his life living among friends," she said.

"I think he was a very lucky man."

Suharto was buried today in a state funeral in central Java after a long illness.

- AFP

#68957 - 28 Jan 08 19:43 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: chewwyUK]
kenyeung Moderator Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Quoting: chewwyUK
I am planning on designing a game to celebrate his death. The player who demonstrates his ability to shaft all the other players, graft, murder and then smile all the way to a natural death wins. I will of course be taking 10% on every transaction

Make it more realistic by having your missus take 15% on every deal. And let your son take 20% from certain oil/gas deals and give him a national clove industry and national car to play with and break. Then give him a gun to shoot anyone who tries to punish him. And give him a few "get out of jail free" cards.

etc...

#68958 - 28 Jan 08 19:56 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: Piss Salon]
kenyeung Moderator Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Quoting: Piss Salon
What is with The Jakarta Post taking out its own half page advertisement to offer its "deepest condolences on the passing of H.M. Soeharto".

"May his soul rest in peace."

Fuck me. What about the souls of the million-odd he murdered?

And what about Simamora's front page lead story in the Post? Unmitigated unsubbed grovel, no? ... sake. And why does the Post not ditch its "what's inside" row from beneath the masthead for its biggest headline since Suharto's resignation nearly 10 years ago?

Etc.

#68959 - 28 Jan 08 21:35 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: kenyeung]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

All good points Royston...er...Ken. I think people don't quite know what to do here. They've only ever had one Pres. die before.

#68963 - 29 Jan 08 01:44 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: Dennis Colson]
The Prisoner Offline
Member+/-

Loc: United Kingdom
I notice that since the wonderful news arrived, a certain brown-nosed person has vanished from the scene. How fortunate that I didn't notice them before.

I realise it's a little late, but I'm opening a couple of brews now.

Woo!
Dulce et decorum est pro sodomy coleslaw
It is sweet and proper to fuck coleslaw up the arse

#68964 - 29 Jan 08 02:25 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: The Prisoner]
naga Offline
Member++

Loc: undisclosed location
may he burn in hell..........

#68986 - 29 Jan 08 11:12 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: naga]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I had to avoid a dispute the other night -- usual crap about "you know where you stood with Suharto" --- when talk turned to the murder of millions of people I got the response "well you lot have murdered millions" I am English my fellow debater was from Northern Island. I have been around long enough to know that is not a conversation worth entering in to.

#68991 - 29 Jan 08 13:01 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: chewwyUK]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Pikeys ay.

#69006 - 29 Jan 08 18:29 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: Roy's Hair]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I can vouch for Chewwy's statement. I was there and cringeing....

#69008 - 29 Jan 08 21:14 Re: Pak Harto Dead! [Re: Dilli]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Chewwy's murdered millions!!!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop