Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93469 - 12 Jan 09 14:12 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: Roy's Hair]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
It's called No.1 Gangster and stars Malcolm "Caligula" McDowell as a complete Cockney psycho lovable barrel 'o' monkeys headcase.

#93470 - 12 Jan 09 14:14 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: Roy's Hair]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

"Are you clarking me off in front of me mates Chew!!!"

#93471 - 12 Jan 09 14:16 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: Roy's Hair]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

No.1 Gangster features the ultimate brutal murder scene though. Right turned my stomach it did.

#93472 - 12 Jan 09 14:21 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: Roy's Hair]
witty handle Offline
Member*

Loc: Bogor
Quoting: Roy's Hair
It's called No.1 Gangster and stars Malcolm "Caligula" McDowell as a complete Cockney psycho lovable barrel 'o' monkeys headcase.

Gangster No 1 blush

#93473 - 12 Jan 09 14:24 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: witty handle]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Sorry WH. It seems you're right.

#93474 - 12 Jan 09 14:26 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: Roy's Hair]
witty handle Offline
Member*

Quoting: Roy's Hair
Sorry WH. It seems you're right.

forgiven

#93475 - 12 Jan 09 14:29 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: witty handle]
witty handle Offline
Member*

Gangster No 1 is on quite a few people's lists of :::

GREAT MOVIES THAT YOU COULDN'T WATCH AGAIN.

Any contributions to the list??????

#93476 - 12 Jan 09 14:47 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: witty handle]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Irreversible. That movie has mentally scarred me for life.

#93477 - 12 Jan 09 14:54 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: Roy's Hair]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I seem to remember going to see a film in brixton about 5 or 6 years ago. Very good movie but disturbed everybody who was there and as I cannot remember the name of the movie I assume my brain has blocked out the memory. I seem to remember fridges jumping out the wall, lots of smack being injected and very strange fucked up people. I think the title only had one word ... hmm -- anybody know what im talking about??

#93478 - 12 Jan 09 14:57 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: chewwyUK]
witty handle Offline
Member*

naked lunch???

#93480 - 12 Jan 09 15:02 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: witty handle]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Just Googled "disturbing movies" and found the little bugger

Requiem For A Dream

Anybody seen it?

The film charts three seasons in the lives of mother and son Sara (Ellen Burstyn) and Harry Goldfarb (Jared Leto), Harry’s girlfriend Marion Silver (Jennifer Connelly), and Harry’s friend Tyrone C. Love (Marlon Wayans). Each character is ultimately destroyed by addiction and self-delusion.

The story begins in summer. Sara Goldfarb, an elderly widow living alone in her Brighton Beach apartment, spends her time watching infomercials on television. After a phone call announces that she will be invited to attend a live taping of a television show, she becomes obsessed with matching her appearance to a photograph from her son Harry's graduation, her proudest moment. In order to fit into her old red dress, she begins taking a regimen of prescription weight-loss amphetamine pills throughout the day and a sedative at night. The pills alter her behavior, but she passionately insists that the chance to be on television has given her a reason to live. Over the fall, however, her invitation does not arrive and she begins to up her dosage, causing nightmarish hallucinations.
The widening rift between Harry and Marion

Meanwhile, Harry is an irresponsible heroin-addict. Together with his friend Tyrone and his girlfriend Marion, an aspiring fashion designer, the group enters the drug trade in an attempt to realize their dreams. With the money they make over the summer, Harry and Marion hope to open a fashion store for Marion's designs, while Tyrone dreams of escaping the street and making his mother proud. However, at the beginning of fall Tyrone gets caught obtaining drugs by the cops, causing Harry to use the majority of the money they've earned to bail him out of prison. Meanwhile, because of the arrests and shootings of dealers, it becomes very hard to obtain any drugs throwing Harry, Tyrone and Marion into a state of deprivation. Growing more desperate, Harry convinces Marion to have sex with her therapist in exchange for money, causing a rift between the pair. The group continues to deteriorate as Marion begins prostituting herself and Harry's arm becomes severely infected from his heroin injections.

With winter comes the final arc in the characters' downward spirals. Sara completely breaks down and becomes hospitalized, where she undergoes painful electroshock therapy. Harry and Tyrone travel to Florida, believing they can start over there, but Harry's deteriorating condition forces them to visit a hospital, where they are arrested. Harry's arm is amputated, while Tyrone must brave hostile prison guards, hard labor, and drug withdrawal all alone. Harry has a recurring dream of Marion waiting for him at a pier, but awakens and realizes that she is gone and he has lost his arm. Marion continues to degrade herself at orgies for heroin. Meanwhile, Sara has become emaciated and catatonic at a mental asylum. Lost in misery, each character curls into a fetal position. In Sara's dream, however, she finally makes her television appearance and wins a prize. Harry is portrayed as a successful businessman, engaged to Marion. Mother and son hug and say how much they love one another through the cheers of the crowd and the glowing stage lights.

#93481 - 12 Jan 09 15:05 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: witty handle]
bandersnatch Offline
Member+

Loc: dubai
Got it..... Gangster No 1.it is. Thanks gentlemen. starring Malcolm "Caligula" McDowell.

GMTYCN'TWA...How about Fargo....an, speaking of MMcD: Clockwork Orange.

#93482 - 12 Jan 09 15:06 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: witty handle]
linnaen Offline
Member++

Loc: Qld, Australia
That was one fucked up book / movie

#93483 - 12 Jan 09 15:06 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: chewwyUK]
Sammy Jankis Offline
Member+++

Loc: Manila, Philippines
Yep, seen R.F.A.D. and Gangster No. 1. Loved and own both of them. I just watched Gangster No. 1 while masturbating using my own faeces as lubricant a week ago.

Hot.
http://thehateproject.blogspot.com

#93484 - 12 Jan 09 15:07 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: chewwyUK]
bandersnatch Offline
Member+

Trainspotting.....

#93485 - 12 Jan 09 15:08 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: chewwyUK]
linnaen Offline
Member++

Talking of cheery movies - anyone have recommendations of movies worth watching I can *ahem* hire out?

#93486 - 12 Jan 09 15:16 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: Sammy Jankis]
witty handle Offline
Member*

Quoting: Sammy Jankis
Yep, seen R.F.A.D. and Gangster No. 1. Loved and own both of them. I just watched Gangster No. 1 while masturbating using my own faeces as lubricant a week ago.

Hot.

so 90s

#93488 - 12 Jan 09 15:21 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: fred]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Apart from a couple of memorable roles, both films are extremely overrated.

#93489 - 12 Jan 09 15:22 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: Piss Salon]
witty handle Offline
Member*

Quoting: Piss Salon
Apart from a couple of memorable roles, both films are extremely overrated.

well that's just YOUR opinion

#93492 - 12 Jan 09 15:29 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: witty handle]
bandersnatch Offline
Member+

Wow! sort of recycled waste product eco-auto eroticism! this could catch on. Put a "sell" recommendation on the company that makes KY

#93493 - 12 Jan 09 15:35 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: bandersnatch]
bandersnatch Offline
Member+

I think I'm in some sort of time warp here

#93494 - 12 Jan 09 15:37 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: bandersnatch]
Sammy Jankis Offline
Member+++

Loc: Manila, Philippines
And you fags picking on Raden Mas Graham James and Supreme Bupati Sahedi can fuck right off !

Edited by Sammy Jankis (12 Jan 09 15:38)
Edit Reason: that fucking s key again
http://thehateproject.blogspot.com

#93495 - 12 Jan 09 15:41 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: linnaen]
bandersnatch Offline
Member+

Linnaean, Is "hire out" OZspeak for "rent out" or you want to hire some people to make a short "arthouse" flick?

#93506 - 12 Jan 09 16:59 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: bandersnatch]
linnaen Offline
Member++

Yes, I did mean rent out, but was trying to indicate that I would get hold of a movie by other means.

#93508 - 12 Jan 09 17:09 Re: PT EXPAT OUT -- the Graham James/Pak Sahedi alliance [Re: linnaen]
fred Offline
Member*

Loc: here and there
I buy them, copy and sell again in the shop

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  NetCop