Rate This Topic
#67069 - 27 Dec 07 04:38 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: Oldman]
MbakAditya Offline
Member+++

Loc: California
Quoting: Oldman
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
I hate it when people bring religion into the celebrations at this time of year.

indeed capt. it's so unseemly.

As we all already know that X-mas is celebrated every year. It’s on Dec 25, the date when Jesus was born. Most people around the world respect him, honor him, and love him. He was a great man. History will never forget this. And nothing’s wrong with this celebration. That’s just fine.

But the question then is do people celebrate this due to the divinity of Jesus or his greatness as a human being? That’s the topic I am trying to put forward.

Thank you.

Actually neither - many people now celebrate Christmas for no other reason than to greedily shovel 10Kg of turkey and all the gunge that goes with it and then get rat-arsed, followed by sandwiches and a good old fashioned family punch up.

In theory the existance of Jesus as a divine being requires faith whereas as a human being he is no more or less believable than anyother storybook character. Choice is yours Oldman . Remind me , what did you used to post as before?

#67070 - 27 Dec 07 04:43 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: chewwyUK]
MbakAditya Offline
Member+++

Quoting: chewwyUK
People Celebrate Christmas for many reasons - for me Christmas is about friends and family and tradition, nothing to do with religion.

Given the stupidity of man-kind I would say Jesus was nothing more than a David Coresh type with the skills of David Blaine. Nothing amazing there. Many if not all religions are used to control the masses and give support and comfort to those who need it. Wars have been (are being) fought in the name of religion and millions have died for it.

But it really doesnt matter what I think or anybody for that matter Oldman. My experience tells me a conversation about religion is pointless as nobody is every going to agree

Al

Well celebrate "chewwymas" then don't hide behind and be an excuse. Have faith and follow it or take the other choice and don't subscribe to it and just have a quiet day at home with the family, but if you don't believe then don't be wet and celebrate christmas.

#67071 - 27 Dec 07 05:42 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: MbakAditya]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i would celebrate kukumas, except that it would be a rather lonely celebration.

better that we cancel jesusmas and go back to what it was originally: saturnalia!

pagan rituals have a lot going for them, especially when combined with out-of-control sex orgies.

#67073 - 27 Dec 07 06:58 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
How about you go fuck yourself MbakAditya. I will just continue to do whatever I want without taking in to account your opinions if thats okay with you.

#67093 - 27 Dec 07 08:31 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: chewwyUK]
Oldman Offline
Member++

You are right, Mbak Aditya. The choice is mine, yours, and ours. That’s a free choice. Nobody can push us to choose what we should choose. Besides, religion is a private matter. We can even choose to be an atheist. THE CHOICE IS OURS.

I just want us to discuss this issue objectively. Nothing’s wrong with discussions, right?

Well, let me go on…

Every single celebration has a story (stories) behind it. Some stories are known while some not. How about X-mas? Yes, it is a celebration. That’s even huge. This is what I am talking about. What’s the story behind X-mas? To know the story behind it, we should know what the celebration is about.

As far as I know, X-mas is a celebration to commemorate Jesus’ birthday as a savior and/ or God. This is the point. Jesus never said that he was God. As we all know, Jesus was a credible and honest person. He wouldn’t tell a lie. If he never said that he is God, why do people consider him God and worship him?

#67094 - 27 Dec 07 08:33 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: Oldman]
Pooh Bah

see? told you! "inescapable and undeniable conclusions" coming up!

#67095 - 27 Dec 07 09:03 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Thats not fair, I wanted to have more fun with this thread!

#67099 - 27 Dec 07 13:36 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: chewwyUK]
MbakAditya Offline
Member+++

Quoting: chewwyUK
How about you go fuck yourself MbakAditya. I will just continue to do whatever I want without taking in to account your opinions if thats okay with you.

That's nice and polite, if you don't want comment then don't make a post, you ignorant fat old bule.

I made polite suggestion that to celebrate a holiday is fine but to do all of the Christian things when you don't care about Jesus etc is very shallow and you reply like that.

#67100 - 27 Dec 07 13:39 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: MbakAditya]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: MbakAditya
you ignorant fat old bule.

hey! that's not fair! chewwy isn't ignorant!

#67101 - 27 Dec 07 13:40 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pooh Bah

(see? i'm sticking up for you, chewwy)

#67102 - 27 Dec 07 13:45 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: Oldman]
MbakAditya Offline
Member+++

You are right, Mbak Aditya. The choice is mine, yours, and ours. That’s a free choice. Nobody can push us to choose what we should choose. Besides, religion is a private matter. We can even choose to be an atheist. THE CHOICE IS OURS.

I just want us to discuss this issue objectively. Nothing’s wrong with discussions, right?

Well, let me go on…

Every single celebration has a story (stories) behind it. Some stories are known while some not. How about X-mas? Yes, it is a celebration. That’s even huge. This is what I am talking about. What’s the story behind X-mas? To know the story behind it, we should know what the celebration is about.

As far as I know, X-mas is a celebration to commemorate Jesus’ birthday as a savior and/ or God. This is the point. Jesus never said that he was God. As we all know, Jesus was a credible and honest person. He wouldn’t tell a lie. If he never said that he is God, why do people consider him God and worship him?

He never did call himself a "God" , but his father who was a bit religious did. If you want to embark on such a subject then better get your facts right in the first place.

#67103 - 27 Dec 07 13:47 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Im not old either! Notice how I posted something relating to the actual topic as apposed to telling somebody what to do. See the difference?

Keep it on topic MbakAditya for Rics sake!

#67104 - 27 Dec 07 14:00 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: chewwyUK]
MbakAditya Offline
Member+++

I didn't tell you to do anything Fatso, I just said that there was something very false about people who "celebrate" Christmas or for that matter any Muslim or Hindu holidays but don't consider the meaning.People like that tend to live very false lives.

Not old? well you look quite old, too close to a gunung api perhaps.

#67105 - 27 Dec 07 16:09 Jesus is not God. [Re: MbakAditya]
Oldman Offline
Member++

Jesus never said "I am GOD". As we all know, Jesus was a credible and honest person. He wouldn’t tell a lie. If he never said that he was God, why do people consider him God and worship him?

He never did call himself a "God" , but his father who was a bit religious did.

Please enlighten me: When did "Jesus' father" say that? What are your references, Mbak?

If you want to embark on such a subject then better get your facts right in the first place.

The Bible clearly teaches that there is only one true God, the one whom Jesus worshipped (see John 17: 3).

Peter said: “Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.” (Acts 2:22).

It was God, therefore, who did the miracles through Jesus to convince people that Jesus was backed by God. Peter did not see the miracles as proof that Jesus is God.

We find here that Jesus was not co-equal with the Father, for Jesus said: “...the Father is greater than I.” (John 14:28).

Therefore, although we hold a great love and respect for Jesus, we need to understand that he is not the all-powerful God that should be worshipped.

#67106 - 27 Dec 07 16:31 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: Oldman]
Pooh Bah

sick chuck bucket! quick!!

#67107 - 27 Dec 07 16:39 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: KuKuKaChu]
flingwing Offline
Member++

".. having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best imaginary friend." Supposedly uttered by none other than Yasser Arafat - Nobel Peace Prize (co-)winner and cold-blooded murderer.

#67113 - 27 Dec 07 16:51 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: MbakAditya]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

I didn't tell you to do anything Fatso, I just said that there was something very false about people who "celebrate" Christmas or for that matter any Muslim or Hindu holidays but don't consider the meaning.People like that tend to live very false lives.

Not old? well you look quite old, too close to a gunung api perhaps.

Well celebrate "chewwymas" then don't hide behind and be an excuse. Have faith and follow it or take the other choice and don't subscribe to it and just have a quiet day at home with the family, but if you don't believe then don't be wet and celebrate christmas.

No of course you didnt tell me to do anything ... my command of english is very poor indeed. Clearly the above posting was not telling me to celebrate something other than christams and to stop being wet and and celebrating christmas.

and is fatso really the best you can come up with? come on I am sure you can come up with better than that.

#67114 - 27 Dec 07 16:57 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
You did tell her to "fuck herself"

#67115 - 27 Dec 07 17:05 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Pooh Bah

but he did say it in the nicest possible way.

#67116 - 27 Dec 07 17:17 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu

but he did say it in the nicest possible way.

Yes, "go fuck yourself".

#67117 - 27 Dec 07 17:25 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

I am English and then still suffer from foul mouth syndrome. In my defense the posting was made pre 7am which is never when I am at my best. For the "go fuck yourself comment" I apologize it was most uncalled for.

However I still find it presumptuous when a total Stanger gives me advice on what to do and how to do it. One of the major reasons for me living in Indonesia is because I have a real problem with being told what to do ...

Anyway .. end of the matter.

#67118 - 27 Dec 07 17:33 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Bloody hell Chewwy, have you bought a Toshiba handrik?

Unconsciously though you are "told what to do" far more than you will ever realise in Indonesia just you don't realise it yet.

Edited by Capt. Mainwaring (27 Dec 07 17:35)

#67119 - 27 Dec 07 19:30 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: MbakAditya]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere

That is what I like, an understanding of the true meaning of Xmas.

"its all very pagan like" - no Emma those people are all very pagan like, not Xmas.

yep i am just mention the 'interesting part' about christmas.

Christmas means nothing to me, and also the other religions celebration

#67121 - 27 Dec 07 19:42 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: MbakAditya]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
....People like that tend to live very false lives.

This is what i hate from religious people...

They always think lots of people, other than them, live very false lives. Religions its all about judging and judging other people.

You think you are so holy but you just being brainwashed by a crap called bible.

#67122 - 27 Dec 07 19:48 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: KuKuKaChu]
The Prisoner Offline
Member+/-

Loc: United Kingdom
Shot straight into this thread after seeing the whole religion thing, expecting to see fireworks.

Nice not to be disappointed. I don't think I even need to stick my oar in. Which is just as well, because I could really upset people if I started...
Dulce et decorum est pro sodomy coleslaw
It is sweet and proper to fuck coleslaw up the arse

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop