Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62035 - 25 Sep 07 11:58 Muzzie hero humiliated
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Welcome to a US university you fuckwit terrorist, a place where critical thinking and serious questioning are the norm.

Ahmadinejad suffers rare public dressing down on US visit

NEW YORK (AFP) — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad suffered the rare humiliation of a public dressing down when he appeared at a top US university Monday, where he was labelled a "petty and cruel dictator."

The firebrand president's appearance at Columbia University came a day ahead of his speech to the United Nations General Assembly, but his presence here has sparked bitter controversy, notably because of his outspoken stance on Israel.

Booed, cheered and strongly challenged on his views on the Holocaust, Ahmadinejad seemed to take the challenges in his stride but complained of "unfriendly treatment" at the hands of the New York university.

He used the opportunity to reject his label of a Holocaust denier, to insist the Islamic republic had the right to pursue a civilian nuclear energy program and to deny Tehran was seeking nuclear weapons.

But before he even spoke, Ahmadinejad was forced to sit through 10 minutes of broadsides from university president Lee Bollinger, who had been heavily criticized by Jewish groups and US politicians for inviting the Iranian leader.

"Mr President, you exhibit all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator," Bollinger told Ahmadinejad, accusing him of brutal crackdowns notably on the country's academics and homosexuals and for stifling dissent.

"Why are you so afraid of Iranian citizens expressing their opinions for change?" he asked, challenging the leader of the Islamic republic to explain his comments downplaying the Holocaust.

"Frankly, in all candor Mr President, I doubt you will have the intellectual courage to answer these questions," he added.

"When you come to a place like this, this makes you quite simply ridiculous. You are either brazenly provocative or astonishingly uneducated," he said.

When he did get to his feet, wearing a white open-necked shirt and gray suit, Ahmadinejad accused Bollinger of a "wave of insults and allegations" while largely avoiding any direct answers to Bollinger's challenges.

After initially seeming a little flustered, Ahmadinejad grew more relaxed as he got into his stride to accuse the United States of trying to block Iran's legitimate desire to achieve scientific progress in its atomic program.

"We do not believe in nuclear weapons. Period. It goes against the whole grain of humanity," he said.

"I think the politicians who are after atomic bombs or are testing them, making them, politically, they are backward, retarded," he added.

Smiling and occasionally laughing as he talked of Iran's culture and outlook on the world, Ahmadinejad drew the biggest jeers from students for stating that homosexuality did not exist in the Islamic republic.

"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country," he said to howls and boos. "In Iran we don't have this phenomenon, I don't know who told you this."

When questioned on comments he has made in the past over the mass killing of the Jews during World War II, he said: "I'm not saying that it didn't happen at all ... I said 'given that it happened'".

Ahmadinejad, who has called for the destruction of Israel and questioned the true scale of the Holocaust, earlier said he was open to meeting survivors of the devastating Nazi pogrom.

Speaking via satellite to Washington's National Press Club he said Iran was working with UN nuclear inspectors and downplayed talk that the United States and Iran are on a collision course to war.

"We think that talk of war is a propaganda tool. Why is there a need for a war?" he asked.

#62037 - 25 Sep 07 12:06 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

From the NY Times:

He said that there were no homosexuals in Iran — not one — and that the Nazi slaughter of six million Jews should not be treated as fact, but theory, and therefore open to debate and more research.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the president of Iran, aired those and other bewildering thoughts in a two-hour verbal contest at Columbia University yesterday, providing some ammunition to people who said there was no point in inviting him to speak. Yet his appearance also offered evidence of why he is widely admired in the Muslim world.

Lee C. Bollinger, the president of Columbia, opened the event with a 10-minute verbal assault.

He said, "Mr. President, you exhibit all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator," adding, "You are either brazenly provocative or astonishingly uneducated."

The Iranian president, who was seated 10 feet away from him on the stage, wore a frozen smile. The anti-Ahmadinejad portion of the audience, which looked to be about 70 percent of it, cheered and chortled.

“I doubt,” Mr. Bollinger concluded, “that you will have the intellectual courage to answer these questions.”

#62038 - 25 Sep 07 12:07 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The NY Sun:
President Lee Bollinger of Columbia, in a dramatic speech broadcast around the globe yesterday from Morningside Heights, delivered an oratorical haymaker to President Ahmadinejad, attacking his record on human rights, Israel, and terrorism in remarks that will likely overshadow anything the Iranian might say during his diplomatic rounds in America.

#62039 - 25 Sep 07 12:08 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Canada's CTV:
Ahmadinejad called 'petty' and 'cruel' at forum

Updated Mon. Sep. 24 2007 6:41 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was taken to task Monday for casting doubt on the Holocaust, during a forum at Columbia University in New York.

Columbia president Lee Bollinger told the Iranian leader he exhibited "all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator," to enthusiastic applause from the audience.

#62041 - 25 Sep 07 12:13 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The Journal-Standard:
The bigger the lie ...

The issue: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Our opinion: How can this man be trusted?

Monday's appearance by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad provided a clear example of the dilemma faced by the Bush administration and the future challenge of our next president.

Speaking at Columbia University, Ahmadinejad survived a tongue-lashing by school President Lee Bollinger and continued to espouse beliefs that the September 11 attacks may not have been the work of foreign terrorists and the Holocaust was a myth.

One finds it difficult not to draw a comparison to Hitler's "Mein Kampf Myth," which historians have pointed to as one of the most successful of the German dictator's strategies when dealing with an ill-informed public. In essence, Hitler stated that the bigger the lie, the more people would believe it.

Ahmadinejad is a hero to Islamists throughout the world. His call to wipe Israel off the map, his support of efforts that destabilize Iraq through open and frequent meetings with Muqtada al-Sadr, and most recently the proven relationship with forces fighting American troops in Afghanistan provides ample evidence that this man is an enemy of our country.

Together with religious leaders, Ahmadinejad rules Iran with an iron fist, stamping out freedoms that we take for granted in the United States. Freedoms that include speaking against our elected leaders.

Now this man, and his country, profess on the world stage that it is only interested in nuclear power for a peaceful purpose.

Is there any reason to believe him?

#62044 - 25 Sep 07 12:17 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

American Thinker blog:
September 24, 2007

Yes, we have no Gaynanas

James Lewis

Not since Queen Victoria was spared the sight of a Parliamentary bill aiming to erase Lesbian sex from the British Empire has a head of state sounded so weird -- at least on the issue of homosexuality. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad scored just one laugh line at Columbia University -- when he denied that Iran had any Gays at all.

Well, the web says otherwise. According to Globalgayz - Iran

"The Embassy of Iran in The Hague wrote in 1987 that "homosexuality in Iran, treated according to the Islamic law, is a sin in the eyes of God and a crime for society. ..."

" (A) Male homosexuality

"Sodomy is a crime, for which both partners are punished. The punishment is death if the participants are adults, of sound mind and consenting; the method of execution is for the Shari'a judge to decide. ... (Articles 108 -- 113)

"(C) Lesbianism

The punishment for lesbianism involving persons who are mature, of sound mind, and consenting, is 100 lashes. If the act is repeated three times and punishment is enforced each time, the death sentence will apply on the fourth occasion. (Articles 127, 129, 130)"

Dr. Payam Ghassemlou is a psychotherapist in Los Angeles who is gay and works with the Iranian homosexuals there. He blogs at http://www.iraniangaydoctors.com/

A Persian gay magazine has appeared under the name Cheragh Magazine, from the Persian Gay & Lesbian Organization

So there are no homosexuals in Iran?

In neighboring Afghanistan it is said that the migrating birds flying over Kabul use only one wing to fly -- because they need the other one to cover their backsides. That may be a joke, but there are numerous reports of homosexual sex among the Afghan mujahedeen fighting against the Soviets. Afghani and Iranian cultures overlap in many ways. Homosexuality may in fact be increased by the absolute separation between the sexes in Shari'a culture, after childhood.

I have persistent doubts about some Gay political activism, especially when it is aimed at children or teenagers who must not be pressured by adults into any sexual activity at all, but just left to develop naturally. Gay advocates sometimes stray over that delicate borderline.

But we stand for freedom and tolerance. For everybody, without exception.

The Columbia dupes who applauded Ahmadi-Nejad today surely included at least some GLAAD activists. At least they laughed at Ahmadi-Nejad's denial of Gays. Now if only they could learn about Holocaust denial, 9/11 denial, Stalin denial, and the denial of flagrant evil we see on the Left every day ...

James Lewis blogs at http://www.dangeroustimes.wordpress.com/

#62046 - 25 Sep 07 12:23 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Of course, after all this humiliation, LIVE ON TV all around the world -- I watched part of it on Al-jazeera here -- he's going to run back to Iran with his tail between his legs and start shooting his nukes wildly at Israel and anything else he thinks is a USA interest.

And, of course, the next indiscriminate terror bombing will take place at Columbia University.

And, of course, the muzzie mosque-keepers will all collectively Fatwa in Bollinger's general direction.

#62047 - 25 Sep 07 12:29 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Seeing as the thoroughly humiliated Iranian prez Ahma Dinner Jacket is such a hero amongst the Terrorists of the World, their Offense Level has been once again raised to red.

#62052 - 25 Sep 07 12:45 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Better get the Penguins ready!

#62060 - 25 Sep 07 13:30 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: Dilli]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
that 'muzzie' thing...... a bit too much, should be edited to 'middleeastern hero' or middleeastern idiot.

#62066 - 25 Sep 07 15:08 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: emmajkt]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: emmajkt
that 'muzzie' thing...... a bit too much, should be edited to 'middleeastern hero' or middleeastern idiot.

Take no notice and don't quantify it with a reply - if you do he bleats to the moderators about offensive personal posts - 'tis easy to put the key in his back and send him off like a little demented clockwork toy , all you need to know is the recipe - care to watch ?

#62078 - 25 Sep 07 22:05 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
naga Offline
Member++

Loc: undisclosed location
"Welcome to a US university you fuckwit terrorist, a place where critical thinking and serious questioning are the norm."

You mean where POLITICAL CORRECTNESS reigns supreme and conformity to anachronistic leftist social views and uniformity are the norm.

True Free speech in US uni's went out with flares.....

#62090 - 26 Sep 07 08:16 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: naga]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: naga
"Welcome to a US university you fuckwit terrorist, a place where critical thinking and serious questioning are the norm."

You mean where POLITICAL CORRECTNESS reigns supreme and conformity to anachronistic leftist social views and uniformity are the norm.

True Free speech in US uni's went out with flares.....

I agree that this PC BS is way the heck out of control, but critical thinking and proper questioning are different things, and still as strong as ever, especially in Ivy League schools like Columbia. AND... don't know if you've noticed, but flares are back in a big way.

#62093 - 26 Sep 07 08:23 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Live From New York, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's Unreality Show

By Dana Milbank
Tuesday, September 25, 2007; Page A02

"For hundreds of years, we've lived in friendship and brotherhood with the people of Iraq," Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told the National Press Club yesterday.

That's true -- as long as you don't count the little unpleasantness of the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980s, when a million people died, some by poison gas. And you'd also have to overlook 500 years of fighting during the Ottoman Empire.

But never mind that: Ahmadinejad was on a roll.

"Our people are the freest people in the world," said the man whose government executes dissidents, jails academics and stones people to death.

"The freest women in the world are women in Iran," he continued, neglecting to mention that Iranian law treats a woman as half of a man.

"In our country," judged the man who shuts down newspapers and imprisons journalists, "freedom is flowing at its highest level."

And if you believe that, he has a peaceful civilian nuclear program he wants to sell you.

Much of officialdom spent yesterday condemning Columbia University for hosting the Iranian leader while he visits the United Nations this week. There were similar protests outside the National Press Building in Washington, where reporters gathered to question Ahmadinejad in a videoconference. "Don't give him any press!" shouted one woman.

But that objection misses a crucial point: Without listening to Ahmadinejad, how can the world appreciate how truly nutty he is?

"In Iran, we don't have homosexuals like in your country," he informed the Columbia audience.

It takes time to come up with profound thoughts such as that, so Ahmadinejad was understandably in a hurry yesterday. His appearance at the press club was delayed 10 minutes when he didn't show up on time at the television studio in New York. Then his delegation informed the press club, mid-rant, that he would have to leave 15 minutes early so that he would have time to pray before his Columbia appearance. The prayer evidently missed the mark, for he was greeted at Columbia with a lengthy condemnation by President Lee Bollinger. He called Ahmadinejad a "petty and cruel dictator" and ended with the thought that "today I feel all the weight of the modern civilized world yearning to express the revulsion at what you stand for."

The reception was rather friendlier at the press club, where the sole questioner was moderator Jerry Zremski of the Buffalo News. He introduced Ahmadinejad as "one of the most newsworthy heads of state in the world" and chose written questions submitted by the audience such as "Do you plan on running for reelection in two years?"

Ahmadinejad, wearing open collar and glasses, lost his audience at the press club almost immediately. After only one sentence of his speech, the translator stopped translating. "The president is reciting verses from the holy Koran in Arabic," she explained. Completing his verses, he launched into 20 minutes of cheap sentiment.

"I believe we all believe strongly that it is possible to create a better world for humanity, and to realize this sublime and beautiful goal, we need to take a look and revise how we view the world around us," he said, going on to mention the "sublime value of humanity" and a "walk on the sublime path."

The faces on the dais -- Greta Van Susteren, Eleanor Clift and Clarence Page among them -- met the president's statement with expressions of confusion that gradually turned into boredom as Ahmadinejad eschewed talk of uranium enrichment in favor of Hallmark cliches. "Family is the center of love and beauty," he advised.

The man who recently hosted a convention for Holocaust deniers also treated listeners to his thoughts on the truth. "Lies have nothing to do with the divine spirit of mankind," he asserted.

Then the lies began.

Zremski inquired about the Amnesty International report finding flogging and imprisonment of journalists and at least 11 Iranian newspapers closed. "I think people who prepared the report are unaware of the situation in Iran," the president answered. "I think the people who give this information should seek what is the truth and, sort of, disseminate what's correct."

Zremski then raised the specific cases of two Kurdish journalists who have been sentenced to death for enmity toward God.

"This news is fundamentally wrong," Ahmadinejad replied. "What journalist has been sentenced to death?"

Zremski supplied the names of Kurdish journalists Adnan Hassanpour and Hiva Boutimar, sentenced July 16. "I don't know people by that name," the president retorted. "You have to, sort of, rectify the information channel."

A pattern had emerged. Zremski asked about the beating and torture of women's rights leaders. "Can you again tell me where you get this report from?" Ahmadinejad asked innocently.

Zremski asked about Ahmadinejad's assertion, at a news conference last month, that Iran is "prepared to fill the gap" of power in Iraq as U.S. influence declines. "Well, again, this, too, is one of those distortions by the press," he answered.

And those Iranian weapons showing up in Iraq? "No, this doesn't exist," he said.

Who knows? In the wild and wacky mind of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, that just might be true.

#62128 - 26 Sep 07 11:04 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: riccardo]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
in iran we dont have homosexuals like in your country! we kill 'em all!!!

#62132 - 26 Sep 07 11:33 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: juminten]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

If someone is simply a gay man in IRan they get executed, however, if they dress and act like women, they are legally and "theologically" allowed to fuck other men. In fact, the Islamic council issued a decree saying it was okay to fuck ladyboys. Suffice it to say, that these people are REALLLLLY confused and fucked up.
-----------------------------------------

Iran Executes Two Homosexual Boys

from !-Queer

Two gay Iranian teenagers -- one 18, the other believed to be 16 or 17, were executed this week for the "crime" of homosexuality, the Iranian Student News Agency (ISNA) reported on July 19. (The ISNA report is in Farsi, and was translated into English by the British gay rights group OutRage!, ISNA also provided the terrifying photos of the teens' last moments you see on this page (check below).The two youths -- identified only by their initials as M.A. and A.M., were hanged on July 19 in Edalat (Justice) Square in the city of Mashhad in north-eastern Iran, on the orders of Court No. 19. The hanging of the teens was also reported by the National Council of Resistance of Iran.

------------------------------------------------

Iran: Two More Executions for Homosexual Conduct

(New York) � Iran�s execution of two men last week for homosexual conduct highlights a pattern of persecution of gay men that stands in stark violation of the rights to life and privacy, Human Rights Watch said today.

----------------------------------------------------

In addition to the two executions last week, there have been other cases of persecution and execution of gay men in Iran in recent years.

-- In September 2003, police arrested a group of men at a private gathering in one of their homes in Shiraz and held them in detention for several days. According to Amir, one of the men arrested, police tortured the men to obtain confessions. The judiciary charged five of the defendants with �participation in a corrupt gathering� and fined them.

-- In June 2004, undercover police agents in Shiraz arranged meetings with men through Internet chatrooms and then arrested them. Police held Amir, a 21-year-old, in detention for a week, during which time they repeatedly tortured him. The judicial authorities in Shiraz sentenced him to 175 lashes, 100 of which were administered immediately. Following his arrest, security officials subjected Amir to regular surveillance and periodic arrests. From July 2005 until he fled the country later in the year, police threatened Amir with imminent execution.

-- On March 15, 2005, the daily newspaper Etemaad reported that the Tehran Criminal Court sentenced two men to death following the discovery of a video showing them engaged in homosexual acts. According to the paper, one of the men confessed that he had shot the video as a precaution in case his partner withdrew the financial support he had been providing in return for sex. In response to the man�s confession, his partner was summoned to the authorities and both men were sentenced to death. As the death penalty was pronounced against both men, it appears to have been based on their sexual activity.

------------------------------------------------

Iran's transsexual revolution
Iran: An unlikely religious ruling has made Tehran the sex-change capital of the world. Caroline Mangez went to meet the brave souls who have swapped gender in this rigidly conservative city, where women wear the chador and being gay is punishable by death.

-------------------------------------------------

And here's the main English-language gay/lesbian and transsexuals website for Iran:
http://www.homanla.org/

#62137 - 26 Sep 07 12:00 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Humiliated, he should be hung for this pose!

Attachments
iranpresgay.jpg

#62149 - 26 Sep 07 12:20 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

That retro 70s 'members only' jacket just ROCKS THE HOUSE!

#62160 - 26 Sep 07 12:49 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: riccardo]
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
perfect match for Ahma

love not hate

..take only what you need..

#62162 - 26 Sep 07 12:58 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: Ena]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Aaargh, the dreaded red box

#62181 - 26 Sep 07 14:19 Iran War Imminent [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

I'm a Dinner Jacket (aka, Ahmadinejad) says this:

1. We have no homosexuals in Iran. (There are thousands of them on death row now)
2. For hundreds of years, we've lived in friendship and brotherhood with the people of Iraq. (what's a little 10-year war in the 1980s with poison gas and 1 million killed between friends and brothers)
3. Our people are the freest people in the world. (even though he executes activists and dissidents, jails academics and stones people to death for speaking out).
4. The freest women in the world are women in Iran. (the fact that they are legally and theologically considered half a human should matter.)
5. In our country, freedom is flowing at its highest level. (claims the man who shuts down newspapers and imprisons journalists).

AND NOW THIS a couple of hours ago:
6. Ahmadinejad states categorically that Iran and U.S. ARE NOT headed for war.

Uh oh, better start buying up those war bonds now.

#62191 - 26 Sep 07 16:28 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: Dilli]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Quoting: Dilli

Looks like John Inman saying "I'm Free!"

#62194 - 26 Sep 07 17:23 Re: Muzzie hero humiliated [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Dilli

Hey , steady now , he did buy it in Jalan Jaksa

#62196 - 26 Sep 07 18:22 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: riccardo
I'm a Dinner Jacket (aka, Ahmadinejad) says this:

1. We have no homosexuals in Iran. (There are thousands of them on death row now)
2. For hundreds of years, we've lived in friendship and brotherhood with the people of Iraq. (what's a little 10-year war in the 1980s with poison gas and 1 million killed between friends and brothers)
3. Our people are the freest people in the world. (even though he executes activists and dissidents, jails academics and stones people to death for speaking out).
4. The freest women in the world are women in Iran. (the fact that they are legally and theologically considered half a human should matter.)
5. In our country, freedom is flowing at its highest level. (claims the man who shuts down newspapers and imprisons journalists).

AND NOW THIS a couple of hours ago:
6. Ahmadinejad states categorically that Iran and U.S. ARE NOT headed for war.

Uh oh, better start buying up those war bonds now.

Well , I wouldn't give the guy bandwidth by commenting but I would go steady about buying those war bonds - I understand you ole boys are having the odd financial problem at the moment.

#62198 - 26 Sep 07 19:56 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

It's called beer money - they dont have any!

#62346 - 27 Sep 07 20:28 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: Dilli]
yourfather Offline
Member+

Loc: melbourne australia
erm, I dunno if you recall, but Iraq was the one that started the war with Iran in 1980.

#62414 - 28 Sep 07 10:55 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: yourfather]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

MEANWHILE despite the holocaust denials, the hypocrisy (read: absolute lies) about women and gays, the threat to wipe Israel off the map and a really bad sense of fashion... Ama Dinner Jacket remains as popular as ever to Indonesian Muslims. He was treated like a friggin' god king last year when he came here to pay off all the top political, military and media leaders in return for their support of his nukes and other skullduggery.

SBY met him at the UN and it was like a reunion of schoolboy chums.

Din Syamsuddin, one of the top muslim leaders in Indonesia, lambasted Columbia University for asking his hero some really tough questions.

Din is famous for surviving the Garuda-Jogja crash and quotes like these...
On liberalism:
"We have to stop this drift toward moral liberalization,"

On the Middle East:
"...I think we should donate more money to help Hezbollah and Hamas fighters buy more weapons."

Gloatingly, on the schoolgirl beheadings in Sulawesi:
"Similar murders are likely to occur in the future..."

#62415 - 28 Sep 07 10:56 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

From news article on May 14, 2006

Speaking to reporters at the airport, Ahmadinejad said his visit to Indonesia was a turning point in bilateral ties between the two Muslim states and hoped it would pave the way for further consolidation of mutual cooperation.

During his three-day stay in Jakarta, the Iranian president met with Indonesian president, vice-president, parliament speaker, ulema, academicians and intellectuals.

Iran and Indonesia signed six documents for cooperation and a memorandum of understanding in the fields of energy, construction of power plants, industry, tourism, culture and customs.

In separate interviews with an Indonesian news channel and several publications, he outlined Iran's nuclear activities and the country's domestic and international policies.

#62417 - 28 Sep 07 11:04 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Ahmadinedjad made a highly publicized visit to Din Syamsuddin's muslim organization, Muhammadiyah. They agreed to increase ties.

Muhammadiyah has set up a representative office in Tehran.

#62418 - 28 Sep 07 11:06 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: riccardo]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
how come that guy never wore tie? so casual just like going to a dinner date with a girl or something.

#62419 - 28 Sep 07 11:28 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: juminten]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: wrangler dudette
how come that guy never wore tie? so casual just like going to a dinner date with a girl or something.

a tie is a symbol of western cultural imperialism.

#62427 - 28 Sep 07 11:45 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

"They agreed to increase ties."

"how come that guy never wore tie? so casual just like going to a dinner date with a girl or something."

"a tie is a symbol of western cultural imperialism."

I had a private chortle at this set of posts.

#62499 - 28 Sep 07 22:19 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: Dilli]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Loc: Big Durian
Not to defend this shit-fer-brains... but when he said that "In Iran, we don't have homosexuals like in your country," he was absolutely correct... it's all in the semantics.

The gays in The West can be openly gay, they can have pride parades, they can marry, etc etc...

The gays in Iran must live completely different... they must hide what they are in fear of execution...

If he had said "In Iran we don't have homosexuals"., then of course he'd be lying... he didn't say that, did he?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop