Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62346 - 27 Sep 07 20:28 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: Dilli]
yourfather Offline
Member+

Loc: melbourne australia
erm, I dunno if you recall, but Iraq was the one that started the war with Iran in 1980.

#62414 - 28 Sep 07 10:55 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: yourfather]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
MEANWHILE despite the holocaust denials, the hypocrisy (read: absolute lies) about women and gays, the threat to wipe Israel off the map and a really bad sense of fashion... Ama Dinner Jacket remains as popular as ever to Indonesian Muslims. He was treated like a friggin' god king last year when he came here to pay off all the top political, military and media leaders in return for their support of his nukes and other skullduggery.

SBY met him at the UN and it was like a reunion of schoolboy chums.

Din Syamsuddin, one of the top muslim leaders in Indonesia, lambasted Columbia University for asking his hero some really tough questions.

Din is famous for surviving the Garuda-Jogja crash and quotes like these...
On liberalism:
"We have to stop this drift toward moral liberalization,"

On the Middle East:
"...I think we should donate more money to help Hezbollah and Hamas fighters buy more weapons."

Gloatingly, on the schoolgirl beheadings in Sulawesi:
"Similar murders are likely to occur in the future..."

#62415 - 28 Sep 07 10:56 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

From news article on May 14, 2006

Speaking to reporters at the airport, Ahmadinejad said his visit to Indonesia was a turning point in bilateral ties between the two Muslim states and hoped it would pave the way for further consolidation of mutual cooperation.

During his three-day stay in Jakarta, the Iranian president met with Indonesian president, vice-president, parliament speaker, ulema, academicians and intellectuals.

Iran and Indonesia signed six documents for cooperation and a memorandum of understanding in the fields of energy, construction of power plants, industry, tourism, culture and customs.

In separate interviews with an Indonesian news channel and several publications, he outlined Iran's nuclear activities and the country's domestic and international policies.

#62417 - 28 Sep 07 11:04 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Ahmadinedjad made a highly publicized visit to Din Syamsuddin's muslim organization, Muhammadiyah. They agreed to increase ties.

Muhammadiyah has set up a representative office in Tehran.

#62418 - 28 Sep 07 11:06 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: riccardo]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
how come that guy never wore tie? so casual just like going to a dinner date with a girl or something.

#62419 - 28 Sep 07 11:28 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: juminten]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: wrangler dudette
how come that guy never wore tie? so casual just like going to a dinner date with a girl or something.

a tie is a symbol of western cultural imperialism.

#62427 - 28 Sep 07 11:45 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
"They agreed to increase ties."

"how come that guy never wore tie? so casual just like going to a dinner date with a girl or something."

"a tie is a symbol of western cultural imperialism."

I had a private chortle at this set of posts.

#62499 - 28 Sep 07 22:19 Re: Iran War Imminent [Re: Dilli]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Loc: Big Durian
Not to defend this shit-fer-brains... but when he said that "In Iran, we don't have homosexuals like in your country," he was absolutely correct... it's all in the semantics.

The gays in The West can be openly gay, they can have pride parades, they can marry, etc etc...

The gays in Iran must live completely different... they must hide what they are in fear of execution...

If he had said "In Iran we don't have homosexuals"., then of course he'd be lying... he didn't say that, did he?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  NetCop