Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#49557 - 16 Apr 07 19:08 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
Whats the law now?
Ha - I find those cigarette ads very funny actually( you know they don't show any here in oz)
I remember one and some guys are doing capoiera and then huffing off to smoke sampoerna I guess.

..take only what you need..

#49713 - 18 Apr 07 11:13 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: Ena]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
Enaaaaaa..! OMG...kemana saja? never seen you for ages? how are things going with you? how's your lil cutie kungfu boy? glad to see you again Ena! welcome back...

#49714 - 18 Apr 07 11:20 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
Quoting: Ena
plus theres a law about seatbelts!! wtf? haha

yep. and laws about smoking, too.

kewl! can i call the cop when i see my bro smoking in public Ku? especially in front of me...yikes! my bro is a stinky smoker, yet i love him to death! i hate it when he hugs me!!

#49719 - 18 Apr 07 11:52 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: andrea]
yourfather Offline
Member+

Loc: melbourne australia
Quoting: andrea
I like Jalan Jaksa coz of the cheap beer and food. Other than that, it's just an ordinary street with hookers in every corner.

just to dig it up a bit...

i dont see how any "ordinary street" can have hookers in every corner.

It's depressing to see that people have to resort to that kinda work

#49824 - 19 Apr 07 20:12 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: juminten]
Ena Offline
Member*

Quoting: wallet digga'
Enaaaaaa..! OMG...kemana saja? never seen you for ages? how are things going with you? how's your lil cutie kungfu boy? glad to see you again Ena! welcome back...

Hey WD!
Good to see ya . Boy is now a monosyllabic 9 year old welded to his nintendo ds.
And he is learning the drums..
HELP!!!!!! cry grin

#49837 - 20 Apr 07 07:39 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: Ena]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Whats the law now?
Ha - I find those cigarette ads very funny actually( you know they don't show any here in oz)
I remember one and some guys are doing capoiera and then huffing off to smoke sampoerna I guess.

Anyone with the link to the video of these tabacco ads? I heard they're hilarious.

#49926 - 20 Apr 07 20:03 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: doremi]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Ashamed to be seen at jaksa

Back on topic... an acquaintance took me to Jaksa one night. To a place called Pappa. Quite ordinary. No female staff. Several bule, who seemed either too poor, too ugly or too drunk to say or do anything worthwhile. Probably mostly English teachers. Most girls there quite noisy and unattractive. Beer cheap and flat. I won't be going back there. Can't see the attraction... unless there's a place there where I might find any women up for a threesome? Can any of you sad "Jaksa regulars" tell me if there's such a place?
Thanks.

Edited by kenyeung (20 Apr 07 22:25)

#49933 - 20 Apr 07 21:54 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: kenyeung]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
pappas is the worst excuse for a pub/restaurant on jaksa, if you exclude the african speak-easy next door. so hardly surprising you were less than impressed.

#49935 - 21 Apr 07 00:35 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Kenny , I really think that you are looking in the wrong place , as asked elsewhere , do you need 3 or 4 inclusive ? possibly a 3 hole doll will be suitable .

#49941 - 21 Apr 07 08:16 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Ah, the old two in the goo and one in the poo!

Attachments
1550-skate2goo.jpg

#52195 - 24 May 07 17:02 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: doremi]
Ena Offline
Member*

Quoting: doremi
Whats the law now?

Anyone with the link to the video of these tabacco ads? I heard they're hilarious.

I'm sure they are on youtube-try indonesian ads or iklan or somnthing.Or dji sam soe.
Can we link youtube ads on here Kuku??

#52199 - 24 May 07 17:08 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: Ena]
Pooh Bah

I'm sure they are on youtube-try indonesian ads or iklan or somnthing.Or dji sam soe.
Can we link youtube ads on here Kuku??

sure you can. but not that useful for most of us here in indonesia; bandwidth sucks.

#56463 - 15 Jul 07 11:21 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: dolphin]
laughingmagpie Offline

Loc: jakarta
Jaksa is the best place to eat and drink in Jakarta. There is a variety of places all at a good price. Why pay more for the same just because it is trendy to do so? Yes Indos seem to act like sheep and follow the crowd and if they say jaksa is out then so be it they won't go there. Noone is game to say hey that is not such a bad place if their friends suggest otherwise.

#64368 - 03 Nov 07 01:12 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: JHVH1]
klicker Offline
Member+

Loc: Sydney Australia
I USED TO LIVE THERE IN JALAN JAKSA FOR A YEAR CAUSE MY WIFE LIVE THERE AND THE WHOLE ENTIRED FAMILY AND I FELL SO COMFORT AND FELLING GOOD TO STAY THERE I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE TELLING A BAD STORY ABOUT JALAN JAKSA WHAT THEY WORRY THATS TIME WAS SO MANY BACK PACKER LIVE THERE EVEN UNTILL NOW THEY STILL LIKE TO STAY THERE DUE TO THE INCOME FOR THE RESIDENT LIVE THERE TO SUPPORT THE FAMILY MYSELF LIVE IN KEBAYORAN BARU WHERE ALL THE EITE PEOPLE LIVE TO ME JAKARTA AS MY HOME BOY TOWN SYDNEY IS MY HOME NOW

#64370 - 03 Nov 07 05:46 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: klicker]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

klicker, why are you YELLING?

#64371 - 03 Nov 07 05:49 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

his keyboard is a little deaf.

but yes, jaksa is quite underrated. which suits me just fine, in fact!

#64372 - 03 Nov 07 06:31 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Pissed!

#64377 - 03 Nov 07 06:59 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: Dilli]
Ena Offline
Member*

well I'll expect a guided tour next time ok.
grin

#64530 - 06 Nov 07 16:22 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: Ena]
soppy Offline

Loc: Jakarta
not really my tipple of choice these days. in fact the older i get the more a pipe n slippers type of gent i become

however in my bkk era i did spend a few good, and bad, years in a similar area. soi ngam dulpee was a run down, sleazy shit pit that attracted skanky slags, the perennially pissed and stingy storytellers

i kept leaving but kept being drawn back to the place...there was a charm about the place and (some of) the people and it had that small kampung type feel where every one knew everyone else and their secrets.

moved on now but a couple of mates didn t

rip

#64532 - 06 Nov 07 17:30 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: soppy]
Pooh Bah

unfortunately, jaksa's time as a run-down, sleazy shit pit are numbered! development is coming, and it's coming fast! in a year or two's time, i don't think any of us will come here for "entertainment" purposes. it'll be wall-to-wall modern commercial establishments.

#64533 - 06 Nov 07 18:38 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

sounds ghastly

#64534 - 06 Nov 07 18:50 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: Roy's Hair]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Roy's hair
sounds ghastly

it will be. it will be.

seems the idea is to pressue the "kawasan wisata malam" to jalan sabang and jalan wahid hasyim. jalan jaksa will be widened (on the eastern side) to become a through road, esp. when the new carrefour is built.

but then, we all know the french are bastards.

#64563 - 07 Nov 07 08:10 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

New Carrefour? Jesus.

#70128 - 25 Feb 08 11:03 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: kareltjuhh belanda]
tia_eckholm Offline
Member+

Loc: IndoUsa
Quoting: kareltjuhh belanda
I have an indonesian girlfriend (normal friends as hang out together, nothing more) She only knew about jalan jaksa from television. I invited her to come over and have a drink together in one of the bars. She didnt really want to, but after some persuation she agreed to take a look. She barely dared to strawl the road (covering her face), but by no means she wanted to eat something in one of the restaurants. (I just could get her to eat something at the kaki lima) It seemed to me she was ashamed to be there???

She told me later jaksa has a very bad name amongst 'decent' jakartans and her family would not accept if she would be seen there.

Does jaksa really have such a bad name?? I find it the most pleasant and safe street in jakarta, why all this fuzz?? Do you have similar experiences?

I can Understand how is ur GF feels... some people in indonesia still thinking that girls who hangout with western is not a good girl ... sometime they talked dirty to that girl and treath her like a whore .. in fact not every girls who hangs out with the western is whore .. could be friends and or wife like i do grin
I been visit jalan jaksa several times ... with some friends also with my hubby .. but i dont feel that they ( western or local people there) is thingking negatively about me .. honestly i feel like i bali where no one care what you are ..

I think your GF maybe scare that people in jalan jaksa will be thinking negatively about her.

#70132 - 25 Feb 08 11:32 Re: Indoesian girl ashamed to be seen at jaksa [Re: tia_eckholm]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Swedish hubby?

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  NetCop