#47813 - 18 Mar 07 12:16 Restaurant Review - Pancious Pancake House
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Pancious Pancake House

A: Jl. Permata Hijau Blok A No. 12
T: 021 530 4325
W: www.pancious.com

Being a man who loves pancakes, when it was time to choose my one “anything goes” meal of diet week, I couldn’t resist trying out this new restaurant. With a modern minimalist design the restaurant is well lit, spacious and ultra clean. On the right as you go in is a small lounge area where you can relax with a morning paper and a coffee. Further in to the restaurant there is a smoking and non-smoking area which look out over the restaurants pool. Yes that’s right this place has a pool in the back so don’t forget your towel!!

As you go through the menu you have many options including waffles, sweet and savory pancakes and if you want - choices that are pancake free. Obviously the menu is pancake heavy which as great as they are big, fluffy and delicious. I went for the full breakfast option, which will set you back Rp.30.000. Not bad value for money as you get 2 big pancakes, scrambled eggs, a big tasty bratwurst sausage, smoked beef ham and grilled pineapple. I went for a pineapple mint tea which was delicious and monstrously large (Rp. 10.000).

Before finding this place I was a fan of Bread & Breakfast in Kemang. However this place has Bread & Breakfast beat hands down for quality of food, portion size and value for money. Needless to say Pancious Pancake House gets two thumbs up with extra butter and maple syrup!!

#48129 - 23 Mar 07 12:04 Re: Restaurant Review - Pancious Pancake House [Re: chewwyUK]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Grrr not give me any credit huh? If I didn't drive you around the neighboorhood you wouldn't know about this place!

#48131 - 23 Mar 07 12:17 Re: Restaurant Review - Pancious Pancake House [Re: Lulu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

No credit at all ... in fact the other places you pointed out I will write reviews and claim credit for those also! hehe

#48136 - 23 Mar 07 12:27 Re: Restaurant Review - Pancious Pancake House [Re: chewwyUK]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Bad Neighboor! Take all the credits. No visit to the sick - means no chicken soup delivery etc...grin

#50899 - 04 May 07 16:37 Re: Restaurant Review - Pancious Pancake House [Re: Lulu]
lir4 Offline

i've tried their pancake and pasta, since you have given the review about the pancake then i'll just give my opinion on their pasta..

their carbonara was simply delicious, simple creamy sauce with cheese and the pasta is not overcooked, in my opinion it is way better than pizza hut fettucini...

Moderator:  NetCop