Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45667 - 21 Feb 07 05:57 Malaysian bastards #2
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
I maintain Malaysians are stupid. Are they insane? As society's advancement slowly grinds to a a halt as religious nutters from both the West and elsewhere become increasingly emboldened in their attempts to impose their stone age religions on others, it is sad to see that Malaysia is leading the pack in Asia in a blind, headlong rush towards Talibanism. Idiots.

Islamic spies to snoop on Malaysian lovers - paper

Email this storyPrint this story 3:15PM Tuesday February 20, 2007

KUALA LUMPUR - A Malaysian state plans to recruit "spies" from the public to snoop on unmarried lovers and report them to Islamic religious authorities, a newspaper said today.

The Terengganu state government plans to enlist the part-time spies to look out for un-Islamic behaviour, such as unmarried couples kissing or holding hands, the Star daily said.

"Some of these 'spies' could be waitresses or even janitors at hotels acting as auxiliary undercover agents for our religious department," the head of the state government's Islamic and welfare committee, Rosol Wahid, was quoted as saying.

"Accurate details are required for the enforcement officers to act, otherwise they could be pouncing on married couples."

Last October, religious police in another part of this mainly Muslim country caused an outcry when they mistakenly raided the rented holiday apartment of a Christian American couple on suspicion that they were unmarried Muslims in "close proximity".

#45700 - 21 Feb 07 12:17 Re: Malaysian bastards #2 [Re: Piss Salon]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
...and we don't want this Islamo-fascism here please. Freaks

#45734 - 22 Feb 07 01:08 Re: Malaysian bastards #2 [Re: Roy's Hair]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Where is the love the love the love, whoah whoah.

#45777 - 22 Feb 07 12:53 Re: Malaysian bastards #2 [Re: Roy's Hair]
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Loc: My
I think it's only the news, not to the real life yet, not that I see here, many couples still hugs and holding hands in public

#45779 - 22 Feb 07 14:21 Re: Malaysian bastards #2 [Re: D'ruby]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Fuck, it gets worse. I love the last paragraph.

Foreign workers cry foul as Malaysian authorities mull bill restricting activity

KUALA LUMPUR (AP): Foreign laborers in Malaysia's largest city denounced Monday proposed legislation that would restrict them to their work sites unless they receive special permission to leave.

Home Minister Radzi Sheikh Ahmad said he intends to propose a bill next month that could see nearly 2 million foreign workers in the Southeast Asian nation confined to their living quarters, the Star newspaper Web site reported Sunday.

"We are not trying to confine the foreign workers ... but it will be better to supervise them for law enforcement," Radzi said.

#45780 - 22 Feb 07 15:16 Re: Malaysian bastards #2 [Re: Piss Salon]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
I am no feminist…no sir.

Reading this story, just rattle my anger about the way women are treated, after all we’re talking about these workers who are 99% women. Confining these women to a close quarter? monitoring their activities for “ the purpose of law enforcement?”

I say, “crock of horse shit” This guy, Ahmad, must leaving in the eighteenth century -his mindset definitely!

#45781 - 22 Feb 07 16:00 Re: Malaysian bastards #2 [Re: doremi]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
NW, most of these workers he's referring to are construction guys from Jawa, Bangladesh and the Philippines -- and after the workday ends, these filthy, unwashed, horny, uneducated males go out in gangs and terrorize the locals, often engaging in serious criminal activity. It may sound bad and a tad fascist, but if I were the minister I'd do the same thing. The women workers don't cause such problems, locals actually like to see them hanging out at cafes and this decree is not directed at them, only the slimy construction workers who cause trouble.

#45876 - 23 Feb 07 07:23 Re: Malaysian bastards #2 [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Don't like the construction workers whistling at you Riccardo? Thought you would be flattered.

Amid uproar, KL backs away from proposal to confine foreign workers
KUALA LUMPUR (AP): Malaysia's government backed away Wednesday from a proposal to confine foreign workers to their living quarters, acknowledging that such a drastic move would have "implications."

"The government hasn't taken a position on it yet," Deputy Prime Minister Najib Razak told reporters.

Foreign laborers in Malaysia and human rights groups were up in arms following news reports over the weekend that Home Minister Radzi Sheikh Ahamad intended to propose a bill next month callingfor confinement of some 2.5 million foreign workers.

"We will have to study the implications. If we have to do something drastic then we will consider all implications," Najib said.

Malaysia's police Chief Musa Hassan said last week that the proposal was meant to curb crime by monitoring the activities of foreign workers and restricting their movements. He said 5,000crimes were committed by foreigners last year from a total of about 230,000.

Musa said that under the proposed legislation, foreign laborers would not be allowed to leave their homes unless they register, and their employers will be responsible for their movements.

Najib played down the implications of Musa's comments, saying this was just "a suggestion by the chief of police. He must be very concerned about some of the crimes committed by foreign workers in this country." (**)

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop