Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44961 - 13 Feb 07 07:26 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Dixie Chicks, who stirred up a hornet's nest with a jibe at President Bush, won all five Grammys for which they were nominated on Sunday, including the coveted album of the year.

The victory marked a stunning validation for the female country music trio from Texas, almost four years after their dream run as the darlings of Nashville came to an abrupt end.

Singer Natalie Maines told fans during a 2003 concert she was ashamed to come from the same state as Bush, and the group was transformed overnight into pariahs. Radio stations stopped playing their songs, while album and ticket sales suffered.

#44963 - 13 Feb 07 07:30 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Polisi Tidur Offline
Member+

Loc: Bikini Bottom
Quoting: Piss Salon
An erotic word will ensure a 'special' caress

LOL

A Javanese word will cause confusedness

#44967 - 13 Feb 07 07:33 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

"That's interesting," Dixie Chicks lead singer Natalie Maines crowed from the podium after winning the country award. "Well, to quote the great 'Simpsons' - 'Heh-Heh,"' she said, invoking abully character from "The Simpsons" TV show known for his gloating laugh.

"Just kidding," added Maines. "A lot of people just turned their TVs off right now. I'm very sorry for that." (***)

#44968 - 13 Feb 07 07:34 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Marc Kaufman, Washington Post

Friday, May 26, 2006

Printable Version Email This Article
The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer.

The new findings "were against our expectations," said Dr. Donald Tashkin, a UCLA pulmonologist who has studied marijuana for 30 years.

"We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer and that the association would be more positive with heavier use," he said. "What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect."

Federal health and drug enforcement officials have widely used Tashkin's previous work on marijuana to make the case that the drug is dangerous. Tashkin said that while he still believes marijuana is potentially harmful, its cancer-causing effects appear to be of less concern than previously thought.

Earlier work established that marijuana does contain cancer-causing chemicals as potentially harmful as those in tobacco, he said. However, marijuana also contains the chemical THC, which he said may kill aging cells and keep them from becoming cancerous.

#44984 - 13 Feb 07 08:56 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
More GREAT news, Indonesian fashionistas are openly discussing the touchy issue of race in this article about highlighting your body shape to maximize your "look". This is the word-for-word published edition -- the lead to the whole story -- in a bi-lingual mag.

------------------------------------

All About Fashion
The Body Shape

God always creating everyone special, including your body shape. We have three human races that affected our body shape, started from Caucasoid people with strong bone and taller than Mongoloid. Mongoloid people with smaller bone and shorter than Caucasoid and Negroid. Negroid people have stronger and bigger bone than Caucasoid and Mongoloid.

#44986 - 13 Feb 07 08:58 Re: Happy news [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

You should call 'em up and offer your editing services. Seriously.

#45002 - 13 Feb 07 11:25 Re: Happy news [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: riccardo

Negroid people have stronger and bigger bone than Caucasoid and Mongoloid.

Hmmm, how does this little local fashionista boy know about that?

#45003 - 13 Feb 07 11:26 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Piss Salon
You should call 'em up and offer your editing services. Seriously.

I wouldn't do any editing with that, I'd just press and hold the button for a couple of minutes.

#45004 - 13 Feb 07 12:11 Re: Happy news [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Yes, the delete button. My old friend.

Out of the mouths of babes you know. Not at all PC, but not really wrong either.

#45013 - 13 Feb 07 15:54 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Hahahahah. Qantas stewardesses. Happy.

ONLY two people know exactly what happened in an aircraft toilet cubicle on a flight from Darwin to Mumbai - the English film star Ralph Fiennes and a Qantas flight attendant, Lisa Robertson.

Neither was available to comment yesterday on an incident on January 24 in which the pair allegedly had an intimate mid-flight liaison, but Ms Robertson has been suspended without pay and may face the sack.

Ms Robertson, 38, said in a statement to Qantas that Fiennes followed her into the business class toilet cubicle where, she said, "Mr Fiennes became amorous towards me and, after a short period of time, I convinced him to leave the toilet, which he did."

A Qantas report alleges the pair were seen leaving the toilet cubicle moments apart.

Ms Robertson said in her statement that she had held several conversations with Fiennes during her breaks but implied that the incident was a misunderstanding.

"All we can confirm at the moment is that a flight attendant has been stood down as a result of an incident on a flight," a Qantas spokesman said last night. It is understood the airline is still investigating the matter. The Flight Attendants Association would not comment last night.

Fiennes appeared in the Sydney Festival last month.

Piss Salon can reveal the exclusive truth here. Ralph, contacted early this morning, said he was only feigning interest. Boom boom.

#45022 - 13 Feb 07 22:48 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
As a member of the mile high club on more than one occasion, I think he was going for it!

I had the sad duty to attend the funeral of a Qantas stewardess many years ago!

It was the first time I had seen a "Y" shaped coffin!

#45109 - 14 Feb 07 04:34 Re: Happy news [Re: Dilli]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

If she worked for PSS (Piss Salon Skies) she would be promoted. Promoted to my personal assistant.

Seriously, if you run an airline, wouldn't you want to encourage this sort of behavior among your stewards/esses. Particularly business and first-class customers and particularly in an age with reclining seats/beds. You know those removable paper things for your heads so your hair product doesn't stain the seat, have removable paper mattresses so other body fluids don't leave stains. Qantas could keep its name but it would stand for Quality and Naughty, Titillating Air Sex. Or simply Qantarse.

I also see the latest headline states that, "Qantas stewardess faces sack after in-flight encounter". Isn't that a weird kind of double jeopardy. Being convicted and sentenced to repeat the original 'crime'.

#45111 - 14 Feb 07 04:39 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Similar to the blind circumsisor!

He got the sack! (Boom Boom)

#45113 - 14 Feb 07 04:42 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

According to the extensive reseach I conducted reading Penthouse forum this sort of thing happens all the time

#45129 - 14 Feb 07 05:44 Re: Happy news [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

You know Chewwy, I have been a fan of the Penthouse Forum for some time and I never thought anything like that would ever happen to be, but ...

#45677 - 21 Feb 07 08:19 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
hetts Offline
Member+

Loc: New Zealand
LOL! You guys... honestly you're a great read! I hav been back at school... oh my gosh... with a new class of thirty-seven 12 going on 18 year olds! Man, I would LOVE to teach Bali...and I'm working on it. I've got 2 pending interviews. With luck, ( and excellent planning templates...) on my side, I hope I'll be there in July.

What's your line of work, PS? And don't be smart.... I know you want to own your own airline... or be an horticulturalist... or chief importer of giant wetas to Indonesia...

#45679 - 21 Feb 07 08:24 Re: Happy news [Re: hetts]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Quick update on Qantas girl ..... has come clean about shagging in toilet and also carried on on the lucky sods hotel later. Now been sacked by the airline for posing in a magazine in her uniform

promote the girl

#45691 - 21 Feb 07 11:04 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

The JSX is having a celebrity promotion to highlight the sexy side of the stockmarket:

Paste
Indonesian celebrities are being urged to invest not in the latest pair of Gucci designer pumps or this season's Armani suit, but to invest on the Jakarta Stock Exchange (JSX).

“Artists should think about investing their money for their own future, because nobody can work forever,” JSX President Director Erry Firmansyah said yesterday.

Many celebrities had large incomes, but that did not mean they should waste their money living consumer lifestyles or buying consumer products, such as branded bags, shoes or clothes, he said.

Happy news. Celebrities don't work forever. This means there is a greater chance of space for the rest of us.

The story continues, and you know I am not making this up.

Pasted from same story (seriously):

Some of the celebrities present at the event were not entirely new to the stockmarket. Farhan, for example, has been investing in the stockmarket for a long time.

The host of the TV late night talkshow 'OM Farhan' admitted that he became a bit greedy in that he then actively traded lots of shares, seeking higher profits. Instead of profits, he was burned by his inability to make the correct investment decision.

“I lost all my initial investment money after only three months after Telkom’s IPO,” Farhan admitted. He is now a stock market investor, in that he puts his portfolio investment not just in stocks, but also in other financial / investment instruments.

Happy news. Greedy celebrity hired by JSX to promote JSX admits he lost all his money on the JSX.

Only in Indonesia ....

#45701 - 21 Feb 07 12:29 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
I won't be happy until I lose my legs

Ever since she was little, Susan Smith has felt there is something wrong with her body. Her determination to 'fix' things has twice landed her in hospital

was six when I first became aware of my desire to lose my legs. I don't remember what started it - there was no specific trigger. Most people want to change something about themselves, and the image I have of myself has always been one without legs.

To the general public, people like me are sick and strange, and that's where it ends. I think it is a question of fearing the unknown. I have something called body identity integrity disorder (BIID), where sufferers want to remove one or more healthy limbs. Few people who haven't experienced it themselves can understand what I am going through. It is not a sexual thing, it is certainly not a fetish, and it is nothing to do with appearances. I simply cannot relate to myself with two legs: it isn't the "me" I want to be. I have long known that if I want to get on with my life I need to remove both legs. I have been trapped in the wrong body all this time and over the years I came to hate my physical self.

As a teenager, in the privacy of my own home, I used to play by myself at being an amputee. I would pretend I had one leg, strapping the other one up behind me and wearing oversize trousers so there was no shape. I knew even then that it wasn't normal, that it wasn't something to share with friends or my parents. But, trussed up like that, I would be quite happy and satisfied for a while.

At 23, I met my future husband and we were very happy together - but I was leading a double life. He did not know about my BIID at first so it wasn't easy to pretend. I went through periods when having him around was very disturbing. I gradually withdrew into myself, becoming private and secretive.

There is no instruction manual for those who want to remove their own limbs, but I always knew I would do it. I had eventually, told my husband that one day I would lose my legs. It took many years for him to understand why, but he did realise it was part of me, and I suppose he accepted it.

Two years ago, I told him that now was the time and I was going to remove my left leg. My first attempt was in March 2005. Of course I was scared of dying, but I had got to a point in my life where I could no longer fight it.

First I needed to freeze and kill the leg so that surgeons would amputate it afterwards. I ordered dry ice pellets from a company near Edinburgh (the same stuff that is used in discos for the smoke effect). Nobody asked what it was for. I bought 40kg - it evaporates very quickly, so you have to buy a great deal. I put on layers of pantyhose, because you do not want it sticking to you, spread it in the back of the car and sat with my leg immersed in it for one hour. The pain was indescribable: it hurt so much I passed out a few times. I was scared, but more so of failure. I am that kind of person - I never fail.

I had not damaged the leg enough to have it amputated in hospital, so the following September I made a second attempt, and this time I stayed in the dry ice for four hours. I was sat with my legs across the back seat of the car, the windows wide open and the footwell filled with dry ice, covering the leg and topping it up as it evaporated. When I could bear no more I called my husband, who came and pulled me out. The leg was hard as stone. I had third-degree burns and the pain was horrible. But it wasn't enough: I now know you need a minimum of six hours to kill a leg completely.

My husband drove me to hospital, but they refused to amputate. Incredibly, they said the wounds were superficial and that I would be walking within a few months. I really thought this time that the surgeon would give me the amputation I needed, but they seemed resolute. I went through all sorts of stages as they worked on my leg to save it. Sometimes I found the whole thing very funny, at other times I was crying, and sometimes I didn't think I would live through it. I reached my lowest point when they discharged me from hospital four weeks later, after eight sessions of surgery, with the leg still attached. I thought I was going to have to make a third attempt. But this time I would have to do it differently, perhaps put my leg under a train so they would have nothing more than a stump to stitch up.

I slowly recovered my strength back at home. I had dropped from 9 stone to under 7 stone during the operations and wanted to give myself time physically to recover before trying again. But the leg became so infected that there was a danger of the bacteria getting into the bloodstream and killing me. I had so much fever I was sleeping 24 hours a day. My mum sat by my bedside, waking me every hour to make sure I was still alive. She has known about my condition since I was a teenager, but I know it shocked her to see me finally make an attempt. After nine months of agony, I told my GP that if I didn't see someone fast, I would take off the leg myself. Within two days I had an appointment with a different surgeon.

The amputation, last June, went without a problem, and my left leg was removed from just above the knee. I felt better as soon as I came round. In fact, I felt so good in hospital that I was ready to go home straight away had they let me. My bag was packed and I was ready to leave. The Tuesday after the operation I drove myself home in an automatic car, and the next day I was almost back to my normal life.

I already feel more complete now that one leg is off. I have always been an outgoing kind of person, but my confidence is much higher now as my body is more like I want it to be. For the first time I feel able to move on and lead the life I have always wanted. In many ways I am starting again. I know it sounds odd, but it is incredibly exciting. Running the house, doing the gardening, going shopping - these are all things I manage easily by myself, even though now I might use a wheelchair or crutches. My husband has been supportive. He thinks I look a little strange missing a leg but says that, after all he has seen me go through, he accepts it. For now, he is just happy that I am happy, and I have promised to leave the remaining leg on for as long as possible; I know that losing that will be really difficult for him.

My youngest child is 10 and the eldest 15, and they do not know the truth about the removal of my leg yet. I told them I had a problem back in March and have had complications since. As a mother, I felt bad about not telling them the truth, especially when I was so ill I thought I might not make it. But now I feel it is better to protect them until they are old enough to understand that this was my choice. They will probably be in their 20s before I reach that point. Maybe they will figure it out for themselves before then, anyway. But I have given so much to my home and family that I feel entitled to do this for myself.

Only a handful of people know the truth about what I have done, and some of them call me crazy or mad. I suppose it is understandable. Even my sister doesn't accept me as an amputee. She lives just up the road but hasn't come to see me in months. In her eyes I am not a complete person any more. But I can't let that affect me; the problem is more hers than mine.

I think BIID will stay taboo until people get together and bring it out. A hundred years ago, it was taboo to be gay in many societies, and 50 years ago the idea of transsexuals was abhorrent to most. I have tried to make the condition more understood but it is difficult to get a case out in the open by yourself. My psychiatrist went to a meeting last year in Paris, and many doctors there told her that they had operated on people who needed an amputation under mysterious circumstances, and how happy the person was when they woke up. It led them to believe that perhaps BIID is more prevalent than people think.

Removing the next leg will not be any easier than the first; the pain will be horrendous. But I have no regrets about the path I have chosen. In fact, if I regret anything, it is that I didn't do this sooner. For the first time in my life, I can get on with being the real me.

· Susan Smith is a pseudonymn. As told to John Cantlie.

#45702 - 21 Feb 07 12:31 Re: Happy news [Re: Roy's Hair]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

gives you a warm glow that one doesn't it?

#45718 - 21 Feb 07 23:20 Re: Happy news [Re: Roy's Hair]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Wow what a story (Susan’s BIID); as I read it I thought of her husband…his love and understanding, standing by her and her mental problem through thick and thin. How many of us would be willing to go through that kind of relationship?

#45730 - 22 Feb 07 00:52 Re: Happy news [Re: doremi]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

yes , it's freakiest thing I think I've ever read. What an utter loon.

#45758 - 22 Feb 07 06:24 Re: Happy news [Re: Roy's Hair]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

I too have body identity integrity disorder (BIID). My penis is too big. Fortunately, unlike 'Susan Smith', I don't wish to cut it off, rather I want to show it to everybody. This is a mainly harmless activity, though it does create some jealousy.

#45760 - 22 Feb 07 06:32 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

I hear that its a long prehensile trunk really vandalizing our civilization

#45761 - 22 Feb 07 06:42 Re: Happy news [Re: chewwyUK]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

The girls of top gun a muttered. “We feel terrorized by this grayish whopper"

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop