#44552 - 11 Feb 07 04:26 Re: Happy news [Re: doremi]
tanyakenapa Offline

Loc: Batavia
If you live in a toilet, you are bound to meet alot of assholes smile

#44563 - 11 Feb 07 05:48 Re: Happy news [Re: tanyakenapa]
hetts Offline
Member+

Loc: New Zealand
Hey PS, did you live in Karori ? I was born and grew up in Upper Hutt and went to Wellington Teacher's Coll back in the late 70's. I raised my family in Petone and the Hutt Valley. The weta amazing, aren't they?

There was a sweet story on the news last nite about a girl who has camped out for 5 weeks at a beach in Northland guarding nests for the Fairy Tern. One finally hatched yesterday, bringing the population of Fairy Tern to 43. Rather cool....

Do you miss our clean, green, NZ?

#44580 - 11 Feb 07 07:07 Re: Happy news [Re: hetts]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Fairy Tern. Happy. Gay.

I have been to Upper Hutt, but only to visit the jail and to cover murder and peadophile cases. Not happy news, another thread perhaps. You are welcome to start another thread and I will fill you in with details.

#44584 - 11 Feb 07 07:36 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
It is pissing down today - but it is happy rain .

#44586 - 11 Feb 07 07:52 Re: Happy news [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Where do you reside Captain?

#44592 - 11 Feb 07 08:31 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

I have just noticed that I have passed from being a three-plus-sized member to a star ......... I would rather be a three-plus-sized member.

#44595 - 11 Feb 07 08:44 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: Piss Salon
Where do you reside Captain?

Normally Indonesia - with flourishes around asia - unfortunately I have a meeting in Italy on Monday , followed by a visit to Switzerland so for the moment I am in the UK .

I am preparing myself for an onslaught of lederhosen and those big trumpet things that they all play .

#44664 - 12 Feb 07 04:28 Re: Happy news [Re: doremi]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Curious about "Malaysia's toilet revolution"? you can read the complete story at http://www.happynews.com/

#44665 - 12 Feb 07 04:28 Re: Happy news [Re: doremi]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Curious about "Malaysia's toilet revolution"? you can read the complete story at http://www.happynews.com/

#44666 - 12 Feb 07 04:28 Re: Happy news [Re: doremi]
doremi Offline
Member+++

#44674 - 12 Feb 07 05:33 Re: Happy news [Re: doremi]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Not taking working on a Sunday into consideration, today has been pretty good so far. Sleep in, three pretty decent tuna sandwiches washed down with two spiced tomato juices, and a great ride to work beneath blue skies. No traffic, polluting buses to a minimum and hitting nothing but green lights. Now what's in the news today ...

#44678 - 12 Feb 07 05:52 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Bird Flu Death Toll just went up to 64, a 20-year old Javanese woman, being the latest victim.

Flood Death Toll is pushing 90

#44688 - 12 Feb 07 06:34 Re: Happy news [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Wrong thread Riccardo. That is happy how?

#44756 - 12 Feb 07 09:56 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Jesus Ricc, if that's happy for you, you're a nasty sadistic son of a bitch! laugh

#44825 - 13 Feb 07 00:13 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Quoting: Piss Salon
I have just noticed that I have passed from being a three-plus-sized member to a star ......... I would rather be a three-plus-sized member.

Happy news from NW, I am elevated to member + as well. I am working hard on the star.

#44837 - 13 Feb 07 01:03 Re: Happy news [Re: Orang Kanada]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Orang Kanada
Jesus Ricc, if that's happy for you, you're a nasty sadistic son of a bitch! laugh

Nothing to do with happiness per se, it was merely a response to Piss's comment, "Now what's in the news today ...". Those happened to be the two top stories at that moment on Yahoo News Indonesia.

#44926 - 13 Feb 07 06:05 Re: Happy news [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Right, a good news story about an immigrant cabbie from New York.

Taken from http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

Another immigrant cabbie this week became a hero. In Seattle, Vinod Mago rushed back to the airport so he could return to its rightful owner, a wallet stuffed with almost $6,000 in cash. He, too, was rewarded with $100 (and presumably the inner fireworks that light in our chest when being kind to strangers)...

Good news indeed for the owner of the wallet but a $100 reward for driving back out to the airport? I would at least given him $110.

#44929 - 13 Feb 07 06:11 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Here is someone stating the obvious, in a happy kind of way.

I have found...that people are thirsting for images of goodness in order to maintain their hope in a difficult world. Sometimes, the measure of our work as journalists is not the professional recognition of colleagues, but rather the mark we make in the hearts of readers who see our work.

Gerald Herbert, photojournalist

#44931 - 13 Feb 07 06:16 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Here is one (author unknown)

The Power of Words

A careless word may kindle strife;
A cruel word may wreck life.
A bitter word may hate instill;
A brutal word may smite and kill.

A gracious word may smooth the way;
A joyous word may light the day.
A timely word may lesson stress;
A loving word may heal and bless.

Happy news: Choose you words carefully.

#44932 - 13 Feb 07 06:21 Re: Happy news [Re: doremi]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

piss did you get that from http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/ ???

#44934 - 13 Feb 07 06:24 Re: Happy news [Re: chewwyUK]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Wellspring bed and breakfast for the homeless has been around for 25 years, since Nancy Schwoyer and a group of friends at church decided to buy a historic residence to share with homeless families. They support the families with whatever they need to get on their feet, even helping them to find jobs. "Perhaps because Wellspring is so comprehensive, its success rate is phenomenal: 80 percent of people who come to the homeless shelter are never homeless again."

#44935 - 13 Feb 07 06:24 Re: Happy news [Re: doremi]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

An erotic word will ensure a 'special' caress

#44937 - 13 Feb 07 06:29 Re: Happy news [Re: chewwyUK]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

A New York City cab driver from Bangladesh spent hours laboring to track down a rider so he could return a bag of diamond rings that she'd left in his trunk. The jeweler had given Osman Chowdhury only a 30 cent tip on an eleven dollar fare.

#44939 - 13 Feb 07 06:34 Re: Happy news [Re: chewwyUK]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Quoting: chewwyUK
A New York City cab driver from Bangladesh spent hours laboring to track down a rider so he could return a bag of diamond rings that she'd left in his trunk. The jeweler had given Osman Chowdhury only a 30 cent tip on an eleven dollar fare.

Not so happy news for Osman and very Happy news to the owner of the bag (can keep her job).

#44951 - 13 Feb 07 07:03 Re: Happy news [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: chewwyUK
piss did you get that from http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/ ???

I got it from one of the 'goodnews' websites, I think the link is above. I must say the bulk are all Christian, and the remainder all fairly boring, for me anyway. Good news don't sell.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop