Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#38799 - 18 Dec 06 05:59 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Polar Bear]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Polar Bear
Its simple, either live with it or move!

that's why i emigrated from australia.

#38802 - 18 Dec 06 06:13 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
Its simple, either live with it or move!

that's why i emigrated from australia.

this is eactly the point.

either Live with it, Change it, or Leave.

Take out citizenship, form a new movement, and make something happen.

#38803 - 18 Dec 06 06:14 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Exasperating. I've chosen to live here for my own reasons and there are a lot of good ones. I am a human with opinions. It's not that Indonesia (everything, as you imply) is unacceptable, it's that the few things that I have opinions on are mine and mine alone, get over it. It's my life not anyone else's. If anything I constructively criticize ever improves, then it's a bonus, but nobody is holding their breath.

hasta luego!

#38804 - 18 Dec 06 06:30 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: riccardo]
Pooh Bah

indonesia is far from perfect, but the fact is many of us remain here, and in fact will probably die here. why? for reasons many and varied.

it's not good/bad, on/off, black/white, etc. the world doesn't work like that, despite the best efforts of religious and political fundamentalists who insist the world be seen in "simple" terms.

#38805 - 18 Dec 06 06:40 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Well, Indonesia must be pretty good for both of you to be there.

So why change it?

Maybe, just maybe, your changes would fuck it up completely, and it wouldn’t be the place you liked in the first place….

Of course, both of you can then fly home waving foreign passports. 250 million others don’t have that luxury….

#38809 - 18 Dec 06 08:00 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here

For all those who think that you can buy your way into citizenship in Indo - forget it , you can't - even people like the guy who owns Batik Keris can't do it (unless he has done so if the last coule of years )

Those of us who live In Indonesia - whether full time or part time are guests - citizenship or not - better to remember that .
I'm not British - I'm English , I'm not a watered down slush of humanity - I have had arguments with some of our new guests - push and shoving and farting me out of the way - the reply ? "I'm British" - that they may be , but they will never be English .

Yes , evil things happen in Indonesia , do they not happen elsewhere ? what good can come of antagonising the local people .
I have heard this tosh morning noon and fricking night - tosser bules moving into a big house next to a masjid , then complaining about the noise - just shut you mouth and fricking move - if you are that thick that you can't work out what will happen when your bedroom window is next to a 3 megawatt loudspeaker coupled to a lunatic in a dress , then you deserve what you get - but don't try and change it .
I bought a new house , I made sure where the nearest masjid will be (about 3 km away ) nowhere inside the perumahan - I don't want to listen to those berks banging on their drums , but I can blame them if they do - see , it is their country .

Edited by James Hanratty (18 Dec 06 08:01)

#38811 - 18 Dec 06 08:14 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: riccardo
Quoting: James Hanratty
Assuming of course you know what "righteousness" and "evil" are and in the correct context .
I happen to believe that "guests" living in the UK should keep their traps shut -

It's not difficult to see that corrupt thugs that steal food from the mouths of starving children, state-sponsored assassinations and blowing up holidaymakers in Bali is EVIL. If that is difficult for you to grasp, you've got a heck of lot of other serious personal issues to deal with and they have nothing to with me or my opinions.

AND your "guests" in the UK. Well, in CALif. where I used to live, they don't listen to what the rednecks think, they embrace the people that have come to participate in their collective success and greatly appreciate their opinions and constructive criticism.

AND THAT explains clearly why the UK is fast becoming an impoverished little insignificant island and CAlif is the most successful, wealthiest state in the wealthiest, most powerful country this planet has ever seen.

It is a shame for all that you don't fuck off back there .Typical yanky loudmouth - People like you are the justification for simplistic minded people with nothing to lose to fly aircraft into the twin towers .

Do you really believe that the US is the most powerful, succesfull nation on earth ? you are touched with the daffy stick .
Just remind me , in how many of your states is it legal to marry a girl aged 13 ? you can't even execute a criminal without making a bollocks of it - even in the second world war you had to use English hangmen to execute your deserters - your lot bored the bastards to death before you got the ropes sorted out .
Your nation is in a desperate economic decline - fuel prices are going up , exports are down - the dollar is on it's arse .

At least our tosser of a PM can string a sentence together , unlike that halfwitt that you lot have in power .

If the UK is an impoverished little island - you had better hope it stays that way - the US is on it's arse now - if the UK manages to get its motley collection of dross to speak the same language , and actually work , the US will end up completely fucked .

I watched tossers like you gob off during the krismon riots , then run like dogs to get the first flight out of the place .

#38813 - 18 Dec 06 08:19 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Pooh Bah

Please Gentlemen; control your testosterone! smile

#38815 - 18 Dec 06 08:28 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

You wanted a discussion - you got one !

I am not particularly patriotic - and like many people would be happy to spend the rest of my days in Indonesia - sure I have gripes , but on the whole , I am happy with the life I have in Indo - for the life of me , I do not understand why people go to a country as a guest , then whine like a fricking spin-dryer about the way the place is .

Tony Blair has learned at last how pissed off the country has become - too late he says "welcome - but if you come , you better make sure you want to join in , or don't bother"

We don't have the right to criticise as a guest in Indo - if you want to do something positive , OK but this continual bleating becomes really very boring .

I for one will make my move to Indonesia a permanent one , just as soon as the kids get the green passports .

#38819 - 18 Dec 06 08:46 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: James Hanratty
You wanted a discussion - you got one !

and a good one it is, too!

but we already know what fucking shitheads australians/english/americans/indonesians are (strike out whatever is not applicable), so no need to go over old ground wink

#38821 - 18 Dec 06 09:03 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Don't strike any of them out - they are all valid .

As I chose to return fire for a jibe about a country that I don't really care about - our buddy needs to consider just how prudent it is to make jibes about politics and religion in Indonesia -
All of a sudden , people become rather protective about such things . I for one will continue to do my little bit locally , but don't plan on getting involved in the bigger picture of politics or religion - it is not my country or my place to do so .

Before we make comments about third world EVIL and state sponsored assassinations , we would do well to look closer to home -
The debate and the doubt will never be closed on the deaths of Kennedy , Princess Diana , the glowing Russian to name but a few , and these happened under the very noses of the public in what is supposed to be the democratic west - democratic , my arse .

#38824 - 18 Dec 06 09:13 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Let me weigh in on all this carry-on.

Here is a copy of a PM I sent when asked why I chose to reside in Jakarta.

"Ummmm. It is a little depressing. Living in NZ, a clean and green country miles from anywhere, is like living in a cacoon. Indonesia is completely the opposite of NZ; here there is rampant corruption, pure greed, widespread environmental degredation, people litterally living in their own shit, no justice, wanker relgious groups and society is backward (probably around 30 even 40 years behind Western nations).

On the other hand, I quite enjoy the Wild West-style atmosphere where you can do anything you want and get away with it most of the time. And to tell the truth, I also enjoy being white; you are treated differently, almost looked up to. I'm a rock star baby. wink

Another important aspect, and I was thinking about this today, is that I don't have to clean, wash my clothes, do my ironing, cook if I don't want to or do my own dishes!"

The above is a little coarse but is about accurate for my personal circumstances, minus one other consideration – I can't afford to go back 'home'. I am trapped.

Regardless, Riccardo has every right to be able to critise. It is his right. I too have warned him that I think he goes too far but he has opinions that represent the thoughts of many and doesn't seem to be afraid to state them in the least. Good luck to him.

As for me, I will criticise those who deserve it; whether they be Indonesian, expatriate or idiots or a combinasi. This website for one would certainly be boring if we didn't.

Roy's Hair (love the name), England appeared to me, to be awash in drugs, beer and lots of different groups and classes of people hating each other. No wonder Muslims want to start up their own school network.

I have never been to California and apparently won't get the opportunity either after I expressed the view that if I had a gun and saw George Bush I would shoot him. Now of course I was drunk and didn't really mean it but the American Colonel with whom I was discussing the matter took a different view. "Son, you just told that to the wrong fella." I fear I may be blacklisted and don't want to test the theory.

Further, Malaysia, the government that is, remains a bastard. No press freedom, racist etc etc. Fancy leaving 20,000 children to rot!

#38825 - 18 Dec 06 09:49 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Piss Salon]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Being critical is pointless unless you are going to change anything.

Buy a gun and shoot some fucker. (Lee Harvey Oswald)

Write a best seller. (Hitler).

Lie in front of a Train (Ghandi)

Lead a Revolution (Nelson Mandela)

But:

1: to keep harping on about it to the same select group on JC isn’t going to achieve Jack Shit.

2: Many Indonesians are too polite (especially the girls) and too reserved and respectful of bules, to turn around and tell someone to SHUT THE FUCK UP!

As Piss pointed out, you are looked up to purely because you are white. That is an privilege, but also a responsibility. To abuse the nation of the people who look up to you is to take unfair advantage.

#38826 - 18 Dec 06 09:54 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

"Another important aspect, and I was thinking about this today, is that I don't have to clean, wash my clothes, do my ironing, cook if I don't want to or do my own dishes!"

Two sides to that one - one , you are lazy and selfish , strutting around like a cock bantam , lording over your pembantu , and the other one is that you graceously employ a local person doing something that you are capable of doing yourself .

I have to say that (in my opinion) before you criticize the malaysian government , you should have the good sense to organize your finances so that you could go back home - this is not a game , and what you haven't worked out for yourself yet is that Malaysia is probably slightly easier for an expat to survive than Indonesia - yet you reckon that they are a backward bunch of bastards . You can upset the wrong person tomorrow in JKT , and you will find yourself on a flight tomorrow night - it happens .

20,000 children left to rot ? I think you may be exagerating slightly - if my wife snuffs it tomorrow , we have one year to get rid of the house and get out - I know the score , not fair , but no point moaning - the Indonesians got a taste of their own medicine when the Malaysians treated them exactly the same as the treated the expats living in Indo - unfortunately , it is only those at ground level that suffer .

Indonesian citizens don't have much in the way of rights , and OK while you confine your opinions and criticisms to this website or anywhere else in the ether , you may get away with it - and while I couldn't care less if you get carted off , you may find that this is a very real possibility if you go chopsing off in the wrong place .

#38829 - 18 Dec 06 10:03 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Polar Bear]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Being critical is pointless unless you are going to change anything.

Buy a gun and shoot some fucker. (Lee Harvey Oswald)

Write a best seller. (Hitler).

Lie in front of a Train (Ghandi)

Lead a Revolution (Nelson Mandela)

But:

1: to keep harping on about it to the same select group on JC isn’t going to achieve Jack Shit.

2: Many Indonesians are too polite (especially the girls) and too reserved and respectful of bules, to turn around and tell someone to SHUT THE FUCK UP!

As Piss pointed out, you are looked up to purely because you are white. That is an privilege, but also a responsibility. To abuse the nation of the people who look up to you is to take unfair advantage.

Or perhaps so many bules are so damned ignorant as to not understand that for the majority of Indonesians to say such a thing is completely out of the question - they just sit there and listen to the demented ranting and criticism without saying anything - until after a while , a switch gets clicked and bule gets a bashing .

#38831 - 18 Dec 06 10:11 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Polar Bear]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Come to think of it, since we mentioned New Zealand.

On July 10th 1985 the Rainbow Warrior was bombed by a group of French DGSE Agents. So here we had one sovereign state attacking a civilian ship in the harbour of another sovereign state. That is an act of war.

If it had been Iraq doing it, we would still be at war over it. But it was France.

The French held a series of enquiries, all showpieces to say the government had no knowledge of the events. Subsequent information proves that they did – right up to Miterand.

The Kiwis do the decent thing and arrest the French agents. They have, after all, murdered someone.

So the French put embargoes on New Zealand products. That is Blackmail.

New Zealand doesn’t like that. Finally France pays NZ $13 Million “compensation” and lets the murderers go. That is corruption.

France takes its murderers back, and puts them on a luxury Island. Within two years, they are home in France.

What a pack of weak kneed, pisspoor assholes!!!!

If it were Indonesia the lot of you would still be bleating about it (Like you bleat about the Balibo 5 etc). you would still be telling the world how weak they were, how they bend to international pressure.

But somehow, it isn’t quite the same when they are bules is it?

#38833 - 18 Dec 06 10:30 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Polar Bear]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

The issue, if I am correct, is:

To date, about 20,000 children of Indonesian migrant workers in Malaysia could not enter local schools as they were not Malaysian citizens, while their parents could not afford to send them to private schools.

More than 90 percent of the 240,000 domestic workers in Malaysia are Indonesian. Some 480,000 Indonesians now legally work in Malaysia. At one stage it was estimated than a further 1.5 million worked illegally.

The ones who are illegal don’t have any rights at all. The ones on work visas are made aware of the education rules before they start work.

Given these circumstances it’s a bit unfair to blame Malaysia fore refusing to educate kids who aren’t even supposed to be there.

#38834 - 18 Dec 06 10:30 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Polar Bear]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

removed double post....

Edited by Polar Bear (18 Dec 06 10:37)

#38835 - 18 Dec 06 10:32 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Polar Bear]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Yes I am lazy. And selfish. Who isn't? The house came with a family, who do rather nicely out of the arrangement. I don't employ them, nor lord it over them. Couldn't get rid of 'em even if I wanted to. I tell you what though, the kid involved is certainly getting an education.

#38839 - 18 Dec 06 11:20 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Piss Salon
Yes I am lazy. And selfish. Who isn't? The house came with a family, who do rather nicely out of the arrangement. I don't employ them, nor lord it over them. Couldn't get rid of 'em even if I wanted to. I tell you what though, the kid involved is certainly getting an education.

Warm the cockles of ones heart -

#38841 - 18 Dec 06 11:43 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

What?

#38847 - 18 Dec 06 13:12 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Well , I just wondered at the basis for your assertion that everyone was lazy and selfish like you -
Fortunately we are all different .

Edited by James Hanratty (18 Dec 06 13:14)

#38849 - 18 Dec 06 13:21 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Fortunately indeed, or we'd be like you.

#38850 - 18 Dec 06 13:50 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Which may or may not be a bonus - at least in your case you would gain a pot to piss in and a window to throw it out of ! Now I know the significance of your nic

Edited by James Hanratty (18 Dec 06 14:17)

#38856 - 18 Dec 06 22:12 Re: Malaysians are bastards! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Pooh Bah

For the record, this is the significance of Piss Salon:

http://www.jakchat.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/32850#Post32850

we should get a photo. i can almost see the sign from where i'm sitting now ...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop