Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#33853 - 10 Oct 06 01:11 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: jok]
jok Offline
Member**

Loc: Jakarta
i think should be promo or interesting activity from JakChat or sponsor right??

#33854 - 10 Oct 06 01:13 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: jok]
jok Offline
Member**

like JakChat gathering for example or something... or somebody inviting free dinner...

but why racist little thangs...??

#33855 - 10 Oct 06 01:20 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: jok]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Ela_K
like JakChat gathering for example or something... or somebody inviting free dinner...

but why racist little thangs...??

"racist little thangs" is about discussions that are taking place in some of the indoneisan blogs ... preman isn't being racist as far as i can see. provocative perhaps.

and if you want to invite me out for a free dinner, please do! smile

#33858 - 10 Oct 06 01:27 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
i have dark skin, dark hair, dark eyes...yep all dark just like monkey bali! i'm proud of it...and all hot bules here in LA love me wink they call me an exotic island gurl..yay!

#33860 - 10 Oct 06 01:32 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: wallet-digga'
i have dark skin, dark hair, dark eyes...yep all dark just like monkey bali! i'm proud of it...and all hot bules here in LA love me wink they call me an exotic island gurl..yay!
in this matter, the racisim isn't directed at dark skins, but at white skins. there are many "educated" indonesians blogging at the moment who resent bules -- bule males in particular -- because they are more successful in attracting indonesian women than they are, and because certain bule males in indonesia get paid a lot of money for their skills.

#33862 - 10 Oct 06 01:39 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

quote: "And they say that these girls have "bucked teeth, black skin, high foreheads" and are "slutty and uneducated" and look like "pembantu" (house servant)."

indirected then?

#33868 - 10 Oct 06 01:53 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
-- bule males in particular -- because they are more successful in attracting indonesian women than they are, and because certain bule males in indonesia get paid a lot of money for their skills.

Naaa, they have bigger sausage and know how to please a woman...which is :YAY:

#33886 - 10 Oct 06 03:35 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: riccardo]
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
Quoting: riccardo
The funniest thing -- and I think these poor bastards understand this all too well -- is that even slightly dim, blue-collared white boys (they call them 'losers') usually know how to treat a woman/girl in bed.

On the other hand, no matter what level of education these miserable local bloggers have, they will never know how to treat a woman -- they know it and women know it! kkkkkching!

Agree....they just pathetic people who's living in a nutshell, no open minded (even they're blogers....oh PLEAZZZEEE), narrow minded and maybe there is no girls who wants or close to them! mad crazy

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#33933 - 10 Oct 06 06:54 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

I think Kuku is too smart for all of us!!! hahaha... I coudn't agree more with you Kuku... well, all along! In particular with the high class girls. Heeecchhhh! Never again for me!

#33939 - 10 Oct 06 08:15 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: Orang Kanada]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quoting: Orang Kanada
I think Kuku is too smart for all of us!!! hahaha... I coudn't agree more with you Kuku... well, all along! In particular with the high class girls. Heeecchhhh! Never again for me!

no high class because you didn't find yet!
you just found the high quality now wink

Edited by Jokie Jokie Girl (10 Oct 06 08:19)

#33940 - 10 Oct 06 08:24 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: juminten]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

yoi banget wd I have dark skin, dark hair, dark eyes and not pretty at all wink but I have the white heart, the clean soul and healthy thoughts, that's all I have in my self... smile and I'm proud of it..
yeah..my all boss's clients like me wink

#33955 - 10 Oct 06 10:12 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Quoting: Jokie Jokie Girl

yoi banget wd I have dark skin, dark hair, dark eyes and not pretty at all wink but I have the white heart, the clean soul and healthy thoughts, that's all I have in my self... smile and I'm proud of it..
yeah..my all boss's clients like me wink

LOL! *smooch to Jokie Girl* Yeah, no wonder all your boss's clients like you...you are indeed so adorable.

#33976 - 10 Oct 06 13:51 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
treespotter Offline

Hi all,

Preman was nice enough to point me to this support group. I'm glad that we all find each other around here to pat each other on the back. Very insightful.

There's been slight misunderstanding, i think most of the opinion there were not meant to be racist. it's just a wonder why a group of people - someone previously noted to comprise of very small, tiny percentage of population - well, this tiny little minority seem to have a collective preference for something aesthetically challenging. It is most definitely not envy or jealousy, i am sure. most likely, it was a thankful.

i think the discussion @ thang's was particularly chauvinist and was not in good taste.
the discussion here seemed to be very anatomy specific. either that, or regional, since there seem to be a lot of references thrown around for regional origins. i'm not sure what that is called anymore.

anyway, i'm glad you found each other. keep it up people.

#33979 - 10 Oct 06 14:34 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: treespotter]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Hi and welcome Treespotter.

Indeed, good old Preman is one of the boys here, he can be a bit... er "provocative" at times, but then he's one of those big tough, frank speaking Batak boys and just calls it as he sees it.

As for myself, I was just curious about your somewhat veiled stereotyping here: "...this tiny little minority seem to have a collective preference for something aesthetically challenging."

Who is this "tiny minority" and who or what is "aesthetically challenging"?

Don't be afraid to express yourself specifically, everybody is cool here.

#33983 - 10 Oct 06 16:10 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: riccardo]
treespotter Offline

Hi Riccardo. thanks for the warm welcome. (before i go on, can i just ask what's the statue behind your picture? Chess piece?)

Yes, the name - Preman - sort of tells it all. Batak's are well known to be good at chess.

on my comment, well, yes, there seems to be group of people, very commonly observed to be involved in the garden variety debauchery everywhere. i was observing a pattern really. it's interesting. They're tiny, obviously, not very many are into this sort of thing. Slightly embarassing to some, obviously perfectly acceptable to others. i guess we live in a colourful world. always impressive to learn the ways of others. even when you disagree.

btw, everybody is cool, would this include those with the smallest hands or is there a specific minimum size?

i was just curious if Preman was speaking figuratively there. makes one wonder of what his occupation is. You know, what does he do that he has such keen observation on the size of hands?

perhaps you know, too and have made similar observation?

#33984 - 10 Oct 06 16:37 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: treespotter]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Okie dokie Treespotter, I'm with you all the way there -- I think??? Allow me a couple moments to understand you. BTW what type of medication are you using?

The "statue" behind me isn't a statue at all, it's one of those old-style draught beer spigots. I haven't played chess since I was about 12. What is meant by "Batak's"? Is that a possessive apostrophe? You lost me there.

Oh, and "shit" is a collective noun (meaning it's singular in terms of conjugation), hence it should be "..the shit hitS...."

So, what is this whole hand thing you're on about? Do we have a hand fetishist among us? Now that might be fun...

#33985 - 10 Oct 06 16:51 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: riccardo]
treespotter Offline

ah i keep forgetting about the card carrying native speakers thing. i've been warned about this.

my humble apology for my less than presentable english.

thanks for the correction. will correct the sig stat. how kind.

the hand thing, i wasn't sure, that's why i asked earlier. i've strange fetish too at times. not hands tho, definitely not hands. more like flat tummy and back dimples.

i didn't recognize the picture, i don't drink beer, can't stand beer really for some strange reasons. vodka is more my thing when i do drink. or anything clear.

my drugs, not much really. i'm not on any medication, still young and very much in my prime, don't need the additional help, really. except perhaps for the occassional weed and maybe some imbecilliacs, i don't really do much else.

do you guys play scrabble a lot?

#33990 - 11 Oct 06 01:47 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: treespotter]
preman Offline
Member+

Portrait of an "intellectual":

No wonder he can't get laid! smile

#33994 - 11 Oct 06 01:58 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: preman]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

pak preman, is that you? damn..you're HAWT! i can get you one of you want wink

#33995 - 11 Oct 06 02:06 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

Jakartass http://jakartass.blogspot.com/ seems disillusioned:

Quote:

The Fabric of Life

Relationships - social bonds - created in cyberspace are the fabric of life and rooted in primal human behavior. They are not newly invented in cyberspace. They extend to and are extended from real world experiences.

Merlyna wrote this on September 3rd following the death of popular Indonesian blogger, Teh Inong.

Teh was a young mother and her premature death is, as always with one so young, especially sad. That we have insights into each other's lives with a sense of immediacy without ever hearing the voices which articulate the thoughts we read is one of the joys of entering the blogosphere as a participant.

Yet, that we feel that we can get to know each other is but a smokescreen. It's all vicarious, secondhand. Jakartass is the pseudonym I have deliberately adopted to give me a voice and the freedom to express those things that I feel need to be said. That is, the things I feel need to be said but not necessarily by the 'me' that I perceive myself to be.

I hope I have stirred some thoughts and, in a small way, helped to change the society we live in. This may be because some have been mentally nudged into the awareness of issues which may otherwise have remained hidden from their view. That's all to the good. Not that what I have to say is the 'truth'; it's out there somewhere but I'm still looking.

Some truths I do know. The first is that strangers are worthy of respect, until, that is, until they prove themselves unworthy of that mutual respect. Now, I don't know what religious beliefs are expressed by those in the blogosphere happily defaming a small group of strangers here who have formed happy relationships with local partners. But maybe, just maybe, Bloggers for Christ have some words of wisdom to impart.

Propriety, decorum and decency are not elements considered on blogs. People simply blurt things out, without considering the contents or consequences.

Ask yourself: Why would you have the need to share personal things with people you don't even know, i.e. the world at large? Many of the things shared should not even be read by close friends, let alone strangers! Be aware and avoid the thinking that "everything is up for discussion" - it isn't.

Stop and consider. The biggest mark you will ever make is to build God's character and be born into the God Family. Blogging will not help you achieve this.

#33996 - 11 Oct 06 02:08 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: preman]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: preman
Portrait of an "intellectual":

No wonder he can't get laid! smile

is that you Prem confused

#33997 - 11 Oct 06 02:12 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: juminten]
preman Offline
Member+

pak preman, is that you? damn..you're HAWT! i can get you one of you want wink

Of course it's not me! It's the small-minded little wanker on Unspun --- that bastion of Indonesian racism -- who's always complaining about how good bules have it with Indonesian women!

Maybe you could fix him up with some LA trailer trash? That's about his level.

#33998 - 11 Oct 06 02:26 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: preman]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

i was just messing around darling..but he is really sexy just like kim jung il...lol..
but LA trailer trashy are so picky! smile

#33999 - 11 Oct 06 02:28 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

yeah, i guess even trailer trash have standards ...

#34000 - 11 Oct 06 02:29 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

well, mr. Prem..if I may describe you from your face smile
1. you're a person very optimistic
2. you have a wise confidence
3. you thought that you're known to every one
4. strong willed
5. short tempered
6. critical
7. then in bahasa we call you "sok perfect!"

and if I can guess, you're working as a marketing or sales or something like that smile

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop