Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29803 - 08 Dec 05 17:33 why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

Loc: Jakarta
not try to provoke.. but according to my experience.. it always happen.. those people only think asian people -- more specific- indonesia people not really respected by Western people.. even if we have equal education in europe/ US.. but they still thinking they are more superior than us.. getting worse if we are immigrant and live in their country, getting worse again if we live in European countries..
they only think indo women as sex object..
oh gosh, if i can choose, how if the world history is converted ? How if we --asian people-- who occupied them? and have many colony at European countries..

#29804 - 08 Dec 05 17:43 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
KuKuLutus Offline
Member+

Interesting n Provoking Subject.

But let me see it from other perspective.

We are equal before God. What make us different is how good we relate to other people, treat other people, and so on and so on and so on ...

So, (esp. If you believe in GOD) What other people think and say about us don't important anymore...

#29805 - 08 Dec 05 19:49 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

DQ - I was the most racist man in the world, until i did MBA with a lot of Asian students.

I was suprised to find they knew a lot more than me, they were fun, they could out drink me, out think me, out argue me, and were a lot better looking. I discovered Asian girls, and never looked back.

BUT - to western eyes a lot of Asian cultures and ideas make them look inferior by Western standards. Corruption, inability to trust, lack of commitment, inability to meet time lines, and general lethargy/lazyness, all make Westerners feel superior.

I do a fair bit of work in Asia, I llove the region, but 10 days of the month i coulsd cheerfully kick every ass in sight because I get sooo frustrated.

#29806 - 08 Dec 05 20:26 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

KUKU :
We are equal before God. What make us different is how good we relate to other people, treat other people, and so on and so on and so on ...

I agree this..
my ex boss sometime always said something not good about indo people, and i will say to my self : "come on, u just talk something worse about my people????"
sometime i have argues with those expat managers....

ROSCO : Corruption, inability to trust, lack of commitment, inability to meet time lines, and general lethargy/lazyness, all make Westerners feel superior.

yes.. it's old fellows, but i think us -- the young welleducated indo people get fed up with those bad manners of oldies people

#29807 - 08 Dec 05 20:53 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by douce_qipus:
ROSCO : Corruption, inability to trust, lack of commitment, inability to meet time lines, and general lethargy/lazyness, all make Westerners feel superior.

yes.. it's old fellows, but i think us -- the young welleducated indo people get fed up with those bad manners of oldies people
I do a lot of work for a well known Indo company. I admire this company so much..... the people I work with are smart, fast, go ahead and full of life. They are an absolute credit to Indonesia. they give 100%, and i hope I give them 100% in return. Sometimes i ask the impossible, they smile, and they deliver.

It it worth understanding that the West doesnt really want Asia to get its act together, because if it does it will totally outperform them (the USA was terrified of Japan in the late 1980s). But things are changing.... your generration will do very well indeed (and you deserve to)

#29808 - 08 Dec 05 21:05 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I had better add: -

the cultural differences are what cause the problem. Asians tend never to admit to not knowing or understanding. Last week I watched an expat trying to show a (very good) Indo programmer something VERY complex. The indo guy got up and walked away - BECAUSE he had become confused. The expat didnít understand Asian culture and went ballistic. The Indo guy could not admit that he had lost the thread, and it was his way of breaking the situation. The expat thought the Programmer didnít care.

Asians never say no, even if ĎyesĒ is impossible. This is why Westerners think they break agreements, donít meet deadlines, donít deliver.

Asians, donít admit they donít understand. This confuses and annoys Westerners.

Western culture is just as bad. I make whole lot of mistakes. I try hard to understand.

#29809 - 08 Dec 05 23:03 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Loc: Surabaya
Quote:
getting worse if we are immigrant and live in their country, getting worse again if we live in European countries..
they only think indo women as sex object..
Hi I'm new here and I thought Iíll jump right in.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree on this one D_Q. We Europeans think of all women of all race and culture as sex objects. smile

I think most westerners feel superior to each other as well. For example; I hate my European colleges, because they think there so f*cking smart, but actually they are complete morons. And guess what? They hate me to. Guess Why?

Donít get me wrong. I donít want to be ignorant to the problem. But donít you think itís more of a cultural thing?

It took me more then 10 years to understand what fine, smart and lovely people Indonesians are. Believe me, some of those years where the worst of my life.
I wouldnít be surprised if it took you lesser time to determine that European people are complete bastards?

#29810 - 09 Dec 05 08:06 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
BlueBoy Offline

Loc: jakarta
DQ,

there is an old saying "money talks, bullshit walks". Applicable worldwide, especially in Europe and US. during my college years in the US i showed them that we are in a better shape than the rest of the students....cars and big house. to my surprise, it works. they are all so nice.
And now, it's even more applicable, even to expats. my 2 cents

#29811 - 09 Dec 05 08:10 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

Donít get me wrong. I donít want to be ignorant to the problem. But donít you think itís more of a cultural thing?
-----------------------------
------->It could be, u can said that again, because their parents never say something good about colour-skin-people..
--------------------------------------
It took me more then 10 years to understand what fine, smart and lovely people Indonesians are. Believe me, some of those years where the worst of my life.
I wouldnít be surprised if it took you lesser time to determine that European people are complete bastards?
------------------------> not all european people bastar* ..some of them is nice, and has good opinion about asian people.. if not so, i dont wanna have European BFs :-))
just like yesterday when i am in support team of an event held by CCE ..we are the indonesia team (most of them can speak French well, and 2 of them get their Master in french, but still being direspect by French team!!!)feel discriminated by the French team.. our CV not inserted on the CD ROM distributed to French investor in ASEAN.. we are Angry.. i convey that to my ex FRench BF, and he is so sad..cause i have to experience that ..

#29812 - 09 Dec 05 08:17 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
BlueBoy Offline

Be pragmatic and realistic.....money is not everything, but in most cases you will get the following:
1. Nice gal according to yr specifications
2. Car, again, according to your wish list
3. An expat office boy....willing to do anything. most of them are fakes anyway, means that they can't compete for a job in their home country. not all, but most. Have actually seen 3 expats carrying their boss' briefcase and papers which happen to be my friends. Think i will get one also....any takers?

#29813 - 09 Dec 05 08:55 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
KIM Offline
Member++

Loc: singapore
the chinese came to indonesia and trade
the dutch came and u know what happen
now u know why asian are never welcome

#29814 - 09 Dec 05 08:59 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
indonesia would be a lot better off if the dutch came back. maybe we should make a petition apologizing to the dutch, and beg them to take over the government again.

wink

#29815 - 09 Dec 05 09:05 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
KIM Offline
Member++

oh yeah u like the dutch to come back
what did they really do for indonesia
if the indo goverment is lousy it is still
indonesian have u no pride.

#29816 - 09 Dec 05 09:09 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Pooh Bah

<font size=4>PPLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE BELANDA, COME BACK! WE'RE SORRY ABOUT 17/8/1945! WE WON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN. AYO ..... KASIHAN DONG!</font>

#29817 - 09 Dec 05 09:12 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
KIM Offline
Member++

ah forget it

#29818 - 09 Dec 05 09:16 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Pooh Bah

ah. you're no fun....

#29819 - 09 Dec 05 09:54 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
just like yesterday when i am in support team of an event held by CCE ..we are the indonesia team (most of them can speak French well, and 2 of them get their Master in french, but still being direspect by French team!!!)feel discriminated by the French team.. our CV not inserted on the CD ROM distributed to French investor in ASEAN.. we are Angry.. i convey that to my ex FRench BF, and he is so sad..cause i have to experience that ..
thats the French DQ. They are the biggest bunch of arrogant assholes in the world. They make me sick.

#29820 - 09 Dec 05 09:58 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by rosco:
thats the French DQ. They are the biggest bunch of arrogant assholes in the world. They make me sick.
yes, indeed you are right. but what would the world be without the french to hate? we love hating the french!

if the world didn't have the french, we'd have to invent them.

#29821 - 09 Dec 05 10:16 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

They think the EU is some sort of funding body for their stupid farmers.

They think that French is the ONLY language in the world (do you know they BAN English on TV and Radio, and fine announcers for saying any Englsih words - how STUPID!)

They think they won WW1 and WW2 (they caused both)

I think it typifies France when you lean that they invented barbed wire and the ciggarette!!!

#29822 - 09 Dec 05 10:16 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
BlueBoy Offline

only good thing from french is the escargot and french fries. let's fry them

#29823 - 09 Dec 05 12:11 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

hm, Okay.. it maybe only happen if we get in touch with FRench. but not all French people SUCK..except my BF hehehe ^_^

something good from France : Cheese, cake, red wine, french kiss by damn hot French young guy LOL

#29824 - 09 Dec 05 12:30 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by Risad_Gir:
Hope it didn't hurt too much. i was a virgin, once.

Quote:
I'm sorry but I have to disagree on this one D_Q. We Europeans think of all women of all race and culture as sex objects. smile
basically, if a man doesn't think of a breeding age woman as a sex object, then he's not a man. sorry ladies, that's reality.

Quote:
I think most westerners feel superior to each other as well. For example; I hate my European colleges, because they think there so f*cking smart, but actually they are complete morons. And guess what? They hate me to. Guess Why?
yep, no shortage of western shitheads. (see http://www.okusi.net/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000006 for an exposition of western shitheadedness.)

#29825 - 09 Dec 05 13:03 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

They think that French is the ONLY language in the world (do you know they BAN English on TV and Radio, and fine announcers for saying any Englsih words - how STUPID!)

yes Rosco.. and i dont know why.. they have to subtitle all US movie or non French movie to French language ..NO ENGLISH in France..LOL that's wht their english is lousy ..

OOps, feeling like betray all my x french BFs LOL (hope they not joined this FORUM, all they will hang me on the guilottine..LOL)

#29826 - 09 Dec 05 13:32 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Booty Lover Offline
Member+

Quote:
Originally posted by williamshaw:
Aqueducts? Oops, no that was the Romans, not the Dutch.

#29827 - 09 Dec 05 13:38 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
inggrit brown Offline
Member+++

Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:
Quote:
Originally posted by rosco:
yes, indeed you are right. but what would the world be without the french to hate? we love hating the french!

if the world didn't have the french, we'd have to invent them.
French people smells like a cheese and Fried Frog!!!!!!

#29828 - 09 Dec 05 13:45 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
inggrit brown Offline
Member+++

Quote:

yes Rosco.. and i dont know why.. they have to subtitle all US movie or non French movie to French language ..NO ENGLISH in France..LOL that's wht their english is lousy ..

OOps, feeling like betray all my x french BFs LOL (hope they not joined this FORUM, all they will hang me on the guilottine..LOL)
French people Can't speak english because they eat Frog which is call "Grenouille" LOL

#29829 - 09 Dec 05 15:15 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Quote:
Quote:
Hope it didn't hurt too much. i was a virgin, once.
I donít know.

She kept saying things like..... ADUHHHH ... OM....OM ..... SAKIT OM!!!

Can someone tell me what that means?
Did she like it?

#29830 - 09 Dec 05 15:22 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
inggrit brown Offline
Member+++

that's moan.... :-)

#29831 - 09 Dec 05 15:59 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Quote:
Originally posted by inggrit brown:
that's moan.... :-)
Thanks for the explanation,

I hope she wasnít faking it. Sometimes they do you know smile

#29832 - 09 Dec 05 18:59 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
Dont worry about the french d-q. They are arrogant to everyone equally - even if you are born there but are from algeria 10 generation ago you will never be actually french, so you can have masters in french and still not know how to speak french properly according to the local parisian baguette boiys.!
But I think that in the arts they looove asian -anggun , Faye wong,jet li etc.
But really-dont you find their logic just slightly mystifying?

..take only what you need..

#29833 - 09 Dec 05 19:44 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Quote:
yep, no shortage of western shitheads. (see http://www.okusi.net/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000006 for an exposition of western shitheadedness.)
Yep, Westerners suffer from an inflated sense of their own importance.

#29834 - 09 Dec 05 19:51 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

We are inflated anyway!!

#29835 - 10 Dec 05 17:01 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Yep, Westerners suffer from an inflated sense of their own importance.
Why would Westerners feel superior?

Well, at the risk of offending everyone, and of pointing out the obvious:

Pretty well everything you use today was invented in the West. The internet I am sending this message on. The computer I am typing this on. The battery that powers it, the electricity that charges the battery, the generators that create the electricity, the steam turbine (and engine) that drive the generators.

The cars you drive, the engines that power them, the fuels that they use, the tyres they roll on, the tarmac roads they run on.

The TV you watch, radio, CD, DVD. 35mm movies. Electric lighting. Telephones.

I donít need to go on. I could fill a book. Suffice to say I get a bit miffed when non Westerners tell me how bad the West is, how it has done nothing for the world. I havenít even touched on medicine or food technology inventions.

Final proof Ė in the 30 years since Zimbabwe threw out the minority white oppressors, life expectancy of a black Zimbabwean has fallen from 60 to 30. Its comforting to know that the average Zimbabwean dies a free man at half the age his oppressed parents did!!!!!

#29836 - 10 Dec 05 18:01 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

Roscoooooooo.
This is a nightmare!
If you were Chinese you would think that China had invented everything and were superior.
If you were Indian you would think the same
How about arabs inventing algebra, astronomy ?
I think that theres a difference between consumer items and cultural superiority ........
Anyway-its dog eat dog-who uses it best and fastest wins.
Are you a south african?

#29837 - 10 Dec 05 18:42 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

No, I'm English. I dont think i am superior, but I know enough of history, and I an sufficiently unbiased, to see the obvious.

Actually the Greeks invented algebra - In the 3rd century, the Greek mathematician Diophantus of Alexandria wrote his book Arithmetica. Of the 13 parts originally written, only six still survive, but they provide the earliest record of an attempt to use symbols to represent unknown quantities.

Astronomy if far more complicated - the position of the stars has been studied by almost all civilisations, both for navigation and for religious purposes. Stonehenge is believed to have been constructed for both purposes. It was built 5000 years ago, and took 2,675,000 man/woman hours to construct. It took a further 2,768,000 man/woman hours to construct all the other megalithic monuments in a 100 Km2 region around Stonehenge.

However, I digress. The simple fact is that every Westerner knows that most of the lifestly enjoyed (or otherwise) by the world was developed in the West. This is why (rightly or wrongly) they sometimes feel superior.

Who uses it best and fastest?

On Friday night a girl from Cipete was seriously hurt at the Prapanca Junction, when the ojay she was riding on decided not to bother stopping at the red lights and got hit by a Kijang! the ojay rider is dead. Is that best and fastest use of Western technology (trafic lights and motorised transport)?

QED - "quod erat demonstrandum"

#29838 - 10 Dec 05 18:46 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

LOL-youre funny!

#29839 - 10 Dec 05 18:58 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

Okay I agree with you about the traffic rules.
I too had an accident here in Jakarta-while pregnant, in the rain, coming back from exhausting all day jakarta wide chinese new year visiting my husbands family which very inconveniently live in pondok something( towards airport way?).
Anyway we were at the lights in an intersection, obeyed the traffic, moved on green when we were totally side swiped by this farmer guy in his ute just not obeying the lights. He was off his head on shabu shabu and we actually had to chase him and cut him off to get details for insurance etc..and then I had to stay in the car at the police station because bule in the car might complicate things..
Yes that probably could have happened in any city( Rome for example-thats a shit traffic city)
I also couldnt work out why the city itself(DKI) is not a little bit more beautified? I mean, compared to KL its really different.

#29840 - 10 Dec 05 19:03 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Sometimes I put honesty and truth in front of being nice. It doesnt win me any friends, but life is not a popularity contest!

#29841 - 10 Dec 05 19:17 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

Youre right there.
Its right thing to do deh!

#29842 - 10 Dec 05 19:19 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by Ena:
Anyway we were at the lights in an intersection, obeyed the traffic, moved on green when we were totally side swiped by this farmer guy in his ute just not obeying the lights. He was off his head on shabu shabu and we actually had to chase him and cut him off to get details for insurance etc..and then I had to stay in the car at the police station because bule in the car might complicate things..
Yes that probably could have happened in any city( Rome for example-thats a shit traffic city)
I also couldnt work out why the city itself(DKI) is not a little bit more beautified? I mean, compared to KL its really different.
Insurance - I assumed that no one in Indonesia HAD road insurance! I know for a fact that most people get their licence by bribery. i know one Indo girl who had a driving licence at 14 (she actually boasted about it in a Sydney bar - at the time she was 16 and had gained entry using the licence)

Shabu -Shabu? what on earth is that?

happen in any city? no, in virtually every Western city I have driven in (and I have driven in a hell of a lot) they at least show some common sense when it comes to getting killed. In JKT traffic lights are meaingless, as are all other road rules. A couple of weeks ago a Silver Bird (YES - supposedly the better taksi!) driver took me from the airport to the Ambhara hotel in 20 minutes!!!! To do that he ran every red light, did 200kph on the freeway, and consistently used the wrong side of the road. I have no idea why he did this, and my comments fell upon deaf ears.

i dont think Mr Benz considered JKT takso drivers when he invented the automobile.

#29843 - 10 Dec 05 19:23 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Incidentally, i am trying to track down the girl, (who apparently visits Blok M) and will try to senf her some money. It being Christmas and goodwill to all etc. Im not a totally unfeeling asshole, and she is probably has a lot of problems right now :-(

#29844 - 10 Dec 05 19:49 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

Dont worry about the french d-q. They are arrogant to everyone equally - even if you are born there but are from algeria 10 generation ago you will never be actually french, so you can have masters in french and still not know how to speak french properly according to the local parisian baguette boiys.!

---------------------------------
Hi ena, how r u :-) long time no see :-P
BTw, okay it's French..but when i had a job interview in my previous employer, the director is English man, but has moved to OZ, he is amazed and say : How come young lady like u have such great Legal english term ????" (i have a high score of TOEFL, dude..)

and after i become his employee, he get stunned with my me,especially if i won while we arguing about some legal matters..then he knows that indo girls can be smart too (oh please he maybe compare to his sl*t chicken from somewhere in remote village in centre Java..who barely can speak english.. even call her bed-partner Mister BOB:-))))))))) what a joke)

#29845 - 11 Dec 05 10:41 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Diyu Offline
Member+++

Loc: new zealand
If you were Chinese you would think that China had invented everything and were superior.

They invented gun powder just see how far thats gone.

#29846 - 12 Dec 05 08:32 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
dee Offline
Member+

Quote:

Hey D_Q.. It seems like you've grown some agony to french.. but look at others Europeaners,like ; German.. i think they're not so patriotism to their country or at least they open minded to something.. but hey is just me talking to an upset person to French.. but try not to generelise that all EU is arogant..

#29847 - 12 Dec 05 11:00 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
Quote:

Hi ena, how r u :-) long time no see :-P
BTw, okay it's French..but when i had a job interview in my previous employer, the director is English man, but has moved to OZ, he is amazed and say : How come young lady like u have such great Legal english term ????" (i have a high score of TOEFL, dude..)

and after i become his employee, he get stunned with my me,especially if i won while we arguing about some legal matters..then he knows that indo girls can be smart too (oh please he maybe compare to his sl*t chicken from somewhere in remote village in centre Java..who barely can speak english.. even call her bed-partner Mister BOB:-))))))))) what a joke)
Guys,
Stop being so stereotype and negative. You said french people are rude, or westerners are like this and like that.
This statement "(oh please he maybe compare to his sl*t chicken from somewhere in remote village in centre Java..who barely can speak english.. even call her bed-partner Mister BOB:-))))))))." It sounds like all that stupid "whores" are from central java, and central javanese are stupid. Come on..that's not very nice!!

#29848 - 12 Dec 05 11:10 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by Booty Lover:
Quote:
Originally posted by williamshaw:
Aqueducts? Oops, no that was the Romans, not the Dutch.
you've been watching too much Monty Python (Life of Brian) ...

#29849 - 12 Dec 05 12:53 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Having worked for a French company and lived there, I can assure you the French are arrogant.

They insist on ALL EU documentation being published in two languages Ė French and that of the host nation.

They insisted on having an EU parliament house Based in France. So the Parliament house at Brussels was replicated at Strasburg (France) at huge cost. But French honour had to be satisfied! It now sits in two separate locations!!!!

They are taught at school that Waterloo was a victory for France, but that Napoleon abdicated afterwards to help unite Europe (the French army was beaten soundly and Napoleon taken prisoner!)

Straight after hundreds of thousands of Britons died driving German invaders out of France, they joined a trade alliance with Germany (!!!!) and refused to allow Britain to join!

Much of the EU constitution was written purely for the benefit of France. This folly has almost bankrupt France and Germany. They are now the basket case economies of Europe, and expect Britain to pay more 3x per head of population than France so that French people can continue to live a high standard of living.

They are the ONLY country in the world to ban the Muslim headscarf, but allow girls to wear a cross.

I would not urinate on a Frenchman if his leg was on fire. Maybe Iím biasedÖ

#29850 - 12 Dec 05 17:31 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

from jakgirl :

Guys,
Stop being so stereotype and negative. You said french people are rude, or westerners are like this and like that.
This statement "(oh please he maybe compare to his sl*t chicken from somewhere in remote village in centre Java..who barely can speak english.. even call her bed-partner Mister BOB:-))))))))." It sounds like all that stupid "whores" are from central java, and central javanese are stupid. Come on..that's not very nice!!
----------------------->
Aha, thanks 4 ur comments JG ...not try to make stereotype & be negative..as i always said.. we can't generalize all people SUCK..
just mentioned one example that i knew from my real life..

My grandparents from my mom is from centre java..but they are welleducated ..

#29851 - 13 Dec 05 06:28 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
What do you mean DQ? Is it common for Central Java people to have a lower education?

#29852 - 13 Dec 05 08:49 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
airwire Offline
Member+

Loc: PL
[QUOTE]Originally posted by douce_qipus:
indonesia people not really respected by Western people..

DQ this rule doesnt apply only to asian or indonesian...its common for all foreginers. I am from eastern europe but i had same feeling working in germany or now, in USA. Not all people behave like superiors but i will say majority of them...if they only hear different accent they will often change their attitude...and sometimes less educated people could be more helpful for you and give you more respect for your achievments than educated people. lot of them are just ignorrants...

PS. yesterday i saw nice bumber sticker: BOYCOTE FRANCE:)

#29853 - 13 Dec 05 09:45 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
from jakgirl :

Guys,
----------------------->
Aha, thanks 4 ur comments JG ...not try to make stereotype & be negative..as i always said.. we can't generalize all people SUCK..
just mentioned one example that i knew from my real life..

---------------------------
D_Q I read your reply over and over again...but I still didn't get it what exactly you said. Lemme make it clear OK, yes you were/are being stereotype by saying "just mantioned one example that i knew my real life.."

And this one is very funny I think ---->"My grandparents from my mom is from centre java..BUT they are welleducated.."! Are you saying that all Javanese people are UNEDUCATED but your grandparents??" I don't get it!
I think I am so stupid! ..I am a Javanese-Balinese mixed. My father is from Tegal-Central Java and my Mother is from Bali. So, I got this slow headed from my father...

#29854 - 13 Dec 05 10:21 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
hopefully what was being discussed above had coleration with what I posting here..............

few weeks ago, I meet with the Americans because of my work, they're working and they have a company in Indonesia...

But I dont like them very much...they're so arrogant, conceited and sometimes did not had the feeling...

#29855 - 13 Dec 05 11:26 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Stereotype is simply a statistical probalbity.....

#29856 - 13 Dec 05 12:28 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

hey guys,

let me make this things clear..I had no intention to make stereotype about javanese people..Never cross in my mind even just a 1/10 second..if my abovementioned about my ex boss' chicken is from remote village in centre java, cause that is the fact.. i just quoted a story from my real life..never have intention to condemn or direspect of javanese people, as i am a javanese descent too...

How come i direspect my ancestor ? I am estern ...still up hold and respect my ancestor, my parents, javanese high value morals

#29857 - 13 Dec 05 17:06 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

conclussion :

I will review a book -- written by happily (not really, actually they are mixtured married couple who survive for understanding and learning the different cultures and the way of live between eastern and western-- I agree and realize we ARE different..
one of the writer is my elder sister.. the book will be published on Jan/March on Melbourne/ Jakarta..for 1st edition.. could be a chicken soup / guide for Indo ladies who wants to married to foreigners..

#29858 - 13 Dec 05 17:20 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

But we Bules are so bad!!!!

why would any Indonesian girl want to marry one of us???

love to all of you

Ross

#29859 - 13 Dec 05 17:46 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

Exacccctkly Mr Rosco!
Female bule included in bad bule ness
Merry xmas to you

#29860 - 13 Dec 05 17:48 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Im so glad you dont want to marry me. I can go back to JKT knowing my virginity is safe. I was worried you would all take advantage of me :-)

#29861 - 13 Dec 05 19:04 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

why would any Indonesian girl want to marry one of us???

Not all bule JERK, especially who never PULLUTED, being tarnished by sl*t indo LOL
If i being insisted to married to bule, I prefer the one who never foot their step in JKT or any indo territory and know cheap-sl*t...
or at last choice if all bule i met are jerk and has experience with jerk indo -sl*t i prefer being single all the time LOL

#29862 - 13 Dec 05 19:14 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I have a friend called Ian . He is 50 years old, only one GF in entire life. He owns two accountancy business in Australia. He is very lonly guy, and a good honest man. If you want him i can send you his photo.

any other girl want him? he needs good woman in his life and i worry about him.

#29863 - 13 Dec 05 19:31 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

if 35 years old, i will make a deal :-)
i have one man like him.. even has converted to my religion..

#29864 - 13 Dec 05 20:27 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

No, im not a used car yard. I dont take some guy in part exchange.

Ian is 50 and i dont think i can lie about his age.

Anyone else want him? Free?

#29865 - 15 Dec 05 12:54 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

any other girl want him? he needs good woman in his life and i worry about him.

-----------------------

Rosco, after reading all ur comments --partcularly the last ones, i think u can be classified a nice guy , sometime can be wise ^_^
i hope u meet nice woman , not type of ur Lily ..

#29866 - 15 Dec 05 19:34 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
i think u can be classified a nice guy , sometime can be wise ^_^
no, Im not a nice guy, and Im not wise.

But Ian is a good honest man, who needs someone in his life. If he stays sinlge much longer he weill die a sad lonely man who never knew love. He deserves better than that.

#29867 - 15 Dec 05 20:00 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

Oh, please no need to be humble... okie, even if u not honest person, i am sure 50 % or more of ur self is a nice composition of personality..

Why u keep telling about ur friend Ian ?
(BTW, do u still want to help me get PR ?, just curious..)

#29868 - 15 Dec 05 20:18 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

LOL I didnt say I was not honest. I said "Im not a nice person and Im not wise".

I realy want to fix Ian up with a nice girl thats all. He is wealthy and has PR. Someone must want him.....

I had dinner with a Lawyer friend tonight, and discussed your situation. Will send you an email on the matter.

Bed now - alone... :-(

#29869 - 16 Dec 05 11:50 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

I had dinner with a Lawyer friend tonight, and discussed your situation. Will send you an email on the matter.

Bed now - alone... :-(

----------------------
OKie, I am waiting ur email Ross.
Anyway.. I slept with 2 young gorgeous males.. my CATS hehehehe LOL
have a great week end ..^_^

#29870 - 17 Dec 05 08:22 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
KIM Offline
Member++

rosco what are u match making agency
he is a nice honest guy everybody in this world
is nice honest so why do we need wars

#29871 - 17 Dec 05 13:45 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Ian is too shy, and too busy making money, to get a girl. He doesnt frequent bars or clubs, and is too proud to use a dating agency.

Everyone is nice and honest? Ever been out of Singapore William? There are some bad ass people in this world. Thwey will steal your food, women, money, and kidneys if they get half a chance.

Why do we need wars? No idea mate. but we keep having them.

#29872 - 17 Dec 05 17:16 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

Re the bumper sticker" boycott france"
my brother used to get around in a tshirt that said bomb paris( he was annoyed about the nuclear testing in the pacific atolls)I think he would be headed for guantanamo bay if he tried wearing that these days!! LOL.
I think some french are ok. I actually got interviewed by french tv in a suburb called Annandale ( which is a registered Nuclear Free Zone) about why everyone hates the freench. It could be because they stop you on the street when you have a million bags of shopping and ask what you think of their prime minister!!!
I like their champagne though.More champagne less nuclear testing yah!

#29873 - 17 Dec 05 17:22 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Good to know Annaldale is a Nuclear Free Zone. I have been worrying about it for years. Those signs must have cost me a fortune, but no doubt someone feels safer.

maybe they can make it a TERRORIST FREE ZONE. More people have died each year, over the last 10 years, from terrism than died from nuclear bombs, accidents and leaks over the entire 10 years.

#29874 - 17 Dec 05 17:29 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

Yes they need to start with the annandale hotel.....hehe.
Nuclear energy is seemingly safe like in those scandanavian countries I think they use it for many many things.They do in lucas heights too isnt it?

#29875 - 17 Dec 05 18:31 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Woooooo!

you know the Anandale! lot of good memories in that place. Some good bands played there in the late 80s.

Yes, its semms that Global warming is more an issue now than nuclear power. The super greenies are having to eat their words.

for those that dont know, Australia has huge deposits of coal. enough to keep the world in coal for 200 years. so we use it to generate electricity. We use really cheap coal (we sell the good stuff to Japan and Europe). so we have MAJOR greenhouse gas issues. Countries who went for nuclear power have low greenhouse gas emmissions. Looks like we backed the wrong horse.

#29876 - 17 Dec 05 21:24 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

Which is why you will fry to bits if you step foot in the midday sun here. Meltiiiiiing......

#29877 - 17 Dec 05 21:25 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

I lived in annadale in the early nineties.
It was great fun.
I quite like the inner west, but prefer the inner east.Now Im north.Which is really boring.

#29878 - 01 Feb 06 00:33 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Yan Offline

Loc: Bangkok
To be equal in the eyes of God would mean that issue of the existence of God has to be raised, and if in finding that God exist or dont exist it has to also be proven that god actually see's us.
I am sure there are many foreigners who look down upon Asians, as there are Asians looking down on non Asians in same way, As i happen to know quite a few Indonesians living in Europe i dont see any of them bitching about being sex objects, or otherwise badly treated, i belive ther are many Juan Kerr's ( wankers ) living all over the world, but as many Europeans who come to Asia especially Indonesia, when a first meeting of the two cultures usually are in Bars and clubs, and the end of the day SEX is a good thing, hmmm, laugh . And i think the ones who sit on it and take a Gollum attitude to their sexuality, or their Poontang, should re evaluate, wake up, and smell the coffee, or go sit by the river and be a nyamuk cium laugh

#29879 - 01 Feb 06 05:22 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by Yan:
To be equal in the eyes of God would mean that issue of the existence of God has to be raised, and if in finding that God exist or dont exist it has to also be proven that god actually see's us.
I am God. In my world, which I see only through my eyes, and hear only through my ears, I am God. I see everyone equal in my eyes, but I am superior to everyone else. this is human nature.

#29880 - 01 Feb 06 11:25 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
cherry Offline
Member**

Loc: Indonesia
as far as i know, the western came to asia especially to indo, they looking for something chief and free

#29881 - 01 Feb 06 11:28 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

i came to Indo looking for you Cherry. You are perfect, but not free......

#29882 - 01 Feb 06 11:42 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Hey Yan, are you that smelly william?? I mean kim?

#29883 - 01 Feb 06 11:42 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I thought the same thing......

#29884 - 01 Feb 06 11:50 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
cherry Offline
Member**

Quote:
Originally posted by Polar Bear:
i came to Indo looking for you Cherry. You are perfect, but not free......
but you never pay me..you only pay for the taxi and the you asked me go home before you'r wife coming.... laugh

#29885 - 01 Feb 06 11:57 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

hehhe..!

#29886 - 01 Feb 06 12:01 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
cherry Offline
Member**

Quote:
Originally posted by JakGirl:
hehhe..!
yeah JG, PB always said that I'm perfect on the bed, he also said that i'm a hot..but after he got everything, suddenly he asked go home without payment... wink

#29887 - 01 Feb 06 12:39 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I left 500 Rp on the bedside table for Warung....

you should be paying ME honey, I devoted all that time and energy to giving you six orgasms smile

and thats NOT MY WIFE. i told you before, its William in a dress smile

#29888 - 01 Feb 06 12:41 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

talking of warung, here you see Jakgirl, cherry and Jokgirl eating dinner topless....

http://www.warungenakbali.com/

#29889 - 01 Feb 06 13:01 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

*yawn" damm its 9.59 pm already!?...MUNICH and THE CONSTANT GARDENER are waiting for me in bed..
Good night guys....*scmooh*

#29890 - 01 Feb 06 13:14 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

How are you finding the constand Gardner?

Le Carre is a damn good author - his Honourable Schoolboy really blew me away when I frist read it. But he can be hard going with complex plots.

it it like the movie...?

#29891 - 01 Feb 06 15:50 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

The Constant Gardener is amazing!! you must see it PB! Agree, John Le Carre is a great author, complicated and need to read it twice sometime! thats why I like the kinda movie based on his books...

I've bunch of friends who work in the movie industry, and this one is a screen writer. Lucky me always the first one to see the movies before they get into theatres smile

#29892 - 01 Feb 06 16:21 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

By the way this movie starring Ralph Fiennes...perfect role for him, I like him a LOT! and Rachel Weisz, she is great too!

#29893 - 01 Feb 06 16:39 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by cherry:
as far as i know, the western came to asia especially to indo, they looking for something chief and free
ARe you talking about the GAP clothing manufacture?? smile

#29894 - 01 Feb 06 17:11 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I have seen constant Gardner, and I did like it. read the Honourable Schoolboy if you get chance. his "spy who came in from the cold" is now a classic. Le Carre, like Flemming, was a spy himself....

#29895 - 02 Feb 06 06:11 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

I havent read that book, but will do so..

#29896 - 02 Feb 06 09:29 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
dee Offline
Member+

Quote:
The Constant Gardener is amazing!! you must see it PB! Agree, John Le Carre is a great author, complicated and need to read it twice sometime! thats why I like the kinda movie based on his books...

I've bunch of friends who work in the movie industry, and this one is a screen writer. Lucky me always the first one to see the movies before they get into theatres smile
I've also seen Constant Gardener.. Damn, the movie is really great.. Its really "out of the box" and made me opened my eyes about what really happen in Africa..

Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weiz are in their best performance.. However, I'm confused why Ralph Fiennes didn't get nomination for golden globe or any other awards that were recently handed.. I know Rachel Weiz won for her performance in supporting role in Constant Gardener, but what about Ralph Fiennes, he also perform awesome performence there..

Btw, did any of you have already watch "MUNICH" and "Brokeback Mountain" ? Those movies had gain a lot of Buzz.. and also "Good Night and Good Luck" and "Capote" ?

please do tell me about those movies.. wink

#29897 - 02 Feb 06 09:36 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

dee, did you read this?

*yawn" damm its 9.59 pm already!?...MUNICH and THE CONSTANT GARDENER are waiting for me in bed..

#29898 - 02 Feb 06 09:39 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

and this from JakGirl-getting to know you!

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
MUNICH. Amazing (that's not counting the forwarding and rewinding of videos I've watched since then)

yes, seen all of those movies!

#29899 - 02 Feb 06 10:20 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
dee Offline
Member+

Quote:
and this from JakGirl-getting to know you!

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
MUNICH. Amazing (that's not counting the forwarding and rewinding of videos I've watched since then)

yes, seen all of those movies!
The last film I saw in the cinema is "Memoirs of Geisha", which pretty good.. It happens to be "Constant Gardener" has just preview in local cinema, however I've already seen it in Jiffest..
What about "Brokeback Mountain" ? It's new in here.. can you give me recomendation about the movie ? Should I watch it and can you give me rating from scale one star (*) as the worse and five star (*****) as the best ?

Thanks JakGal wink

#29900 - 02 Feb 06 11:14 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

dee, your likes and dislikes diff than me, as I don't watch kinda memoirs of geisha..you better go and see it by yourself smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop