Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29828 - 09 Dec 05 13:45 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
inggrit brown Offline
Member+++

Loc: Jakarta
Quote:
Originally posted by douce_qipus:
They think that French is the ONLY language in the world (do you know they BAN English on TV and Radio, and fine announcers for saying any Englsih words - how STUPID!)

yes Rosco.. and i dont know why.. they have to subtitle all US movie or non French movie to French language ..NO ENGLISH in France..LOL that's wht their english is lousy ..

OOps, feeling like betray all my x french BFs LOL (hope they not joined this FORUM, all they will hang me on the guilottine..LOL)
French people Can't speak english because they eat Frog which is call "Grenouille" LOL

#29829 - 09 Dec 05 15:15 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Loc: Surabaya
Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:
Quote:
Originally posted by Risad_Gir:
Hi I'm new here and I thought Iíll jump right in.
Hope it didn't hurt too much. i was a virgin, once.
I donít know.

She kept saying things like..... ADUHHHH ... OM....OM ..... SAKIT OM!!!

Can someone tell me what that means?
Did she like it?

#29830 - 09 Dec 05 15:22 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
inggrit brown Offline
Member+++

that's moan.... :-)

#29831 - 09 Dec 05 15:59 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Quote:
Originally posted by inggrit brown:
that's moan.... :-)
Thanks for the explanation,

I hope she wasnít faking it. Sometimes they do you know smile

#29832 - 09 Dec 05 18:59 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
Dont worry about the french d-q. They are arrogant to everyone equally - even if you are born there but are from algeria 10 generation ago you will never be actually french, so you can have masters in french and still not know how to speak french properly according to the local parisian baguette boiys.!
But I think that in the arts they looove asian -anggun , Faye wong,jet li etc.
But really-dont you find their logic just slightly mystifying?

..take only what you need..

#29833 - 09 Dec 05 19:44 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Risad Gir Offline
Member*

Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:
yep, no shortage of western shitheads. (see http://www.okusi.net/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000006 for an exposition of western shitheadedness.)
Yep, Westerners suffer from an inflated sense of their own importance.

#29834 - 09 Dec 05 19:51 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

We are inflated anyway!!

#29835 - 10 Dec 05 17:01 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by Risad_Gir:
Yep, Westerners suffer from an inflated sense of their own importance.
Why would Westerners feel superior?

Well, at the risk of offending everyone, and of pointing out the obvious:

Pretty well everything you use today was invented in the West. The internet I am sending this message on. The computer I am typing this on. The battery that powers it, the electricity that charges the battery, the generators that create the electricity, the steam turbine (and engine) that drive the generators.

The cars you drive, the engines that power them, the fuels that they use, the tyres they roll on, the tarmac roads they run on.

The TV you watch, radio, CD, DVD. 35mm movies. Electric lighting. Telephones.

I donít need to go on. I could fill a book. Suffice to say I get a bit miffed when non Westerners tell me how bad the West is, how it has done nothing for the world. I havenít even touched on medicine or food technology inventions.

Final proof Ė in the 30 years since Zimbabwe threw out the minority white oppressors, life expectancy of a black Zimbabwean has fallen from 60 to 30. Its comforting to know that the average Zimbabwean dies a free man at half the age his oppressed parents did!!!!!

#29836 - 10 Dec 05 18:01 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

Roscoooooooo.
This is a nightmare!
If you were Chinese you would think that China had invented everything and were superior.
If you were Indian you would think the same
How about arabs inventing algebra, astronomy ?
I think that theres a difference between consumer items and cultural superiority ........
Anyway-its dog eat dog-who uses it best and fastest wins.
Are you a south african?

#29837 - 10 Dec 05 18:42 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

No, I'm English. I dont think i am superior, but I know enough of history, and I an sufficiently unbiased, to see the obvious.

Actually the Greeks invented algebra - In the 3rd century, the Greek mathematician Diophantus of Alexandria wrote his book Arithmetica. Of the 13 parts originally written, only six still survive, but they provide the earliest record of an attempt to use symbols to represent unknown quantities.

Astronomy if far more complicated - the position of the stars has been studied by almost all civilisations, both for navigation and for religious purposes. Stonehenge is believed to have been constructed for both purposes. It was built 5000 years ago, and took 2,675,000 man/woman hours to construct. It took a further 2,768,000 man/woman hours to construct all the other megalithic monuments in a 100 Km2 region around Stonehenge.

However, I digress. The simple fact is that every Westerner knows that most of the lifestly enjoyed (or otherwise) by the world was developed in the West. This is why (rightly or wrongly) they sometimes feel superior.

Who uses it best and fastest?

On Friday night a girl from Cipete was seriously hurt at the Prapanca Junction, when the ojay she was riding on decided not to bother stopping at the red lights and got hit by a Kijang! the ojay rider is dead. Is that best and fastest use of Western technology (trafic lights and motorised transport)?

QED - "quod erat demonstrandum"

#29838 - 10 Dec 05 18:46 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

LOL-youre funny!

#29839 - 10 Dec 05 18:58 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

Okay I agree with you about the traffic rules.
I too had an accident here in Jakarta-while pregnant, in the rain, coming back from exhausting all day jakarta wide chinese new year visiting my husbands family which very inconveniently live in pondok something( towards airport way?).
Anyway we were at the lights in an intersection, obeyed the traffic, moved on green when we were totally side swiped by this farmer guy in his ute just not obeying the lights. He was off his head on shabu shabu and we actually had to chase him and cut him off to get details for insurance etc..and then I had to stay in the car at the police station because bule in the car might complicate things..
Yes that probably could have happened in any city( Rome for example-thats a shit traffic city)
I also couldnt work out why the city itself(DKI) is not a little bit more beautified? I mean, compared to KL its really different.

#29840 - 10 Dec 05 19:03 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Sometimes I put honesty and truth in front of being nice. It doesnt win me any friends, but life is not a popularity contest!

#29841 - 10 Dec 05 19:17 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Ena Offline
Member*

Youre right there.
Its right thing to do deh!

#29842 - 10 Dec 05 19:19 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by Ena:
Anyway we were at the lights in an intersection, obeyed the traffic, moved on green when we were totally side swiped by this farmer guy in his ute just not obeying the lights. He was off his head on shabu shabu and we actually had to chase him and cut him off to get details for insurance etc..and then I had to stay in the car at the police station because bule in the car might complicate things..
Yes that probably could have happened in any city( Rome for example-thats a shit traffic city)
I also couldnt work out why the city itself(DKI) is not a little bit more beautified? I mean, compared to KL its really different.
Insurance - I assumed that no one in Indonesia HAD road insurance! I know for a fact that most people get their licence by bribery. i know one Indo girl who had a driving licence at 14 (she actually boasted about it in a Sydney bar - at the time she was 16 and had gained entry using the licence)

Shabu -Shabu? what on earth is that?

happen in any city? no, in virtually every Western city I have driven in (and I have driven in a hell of a lot) they at least show some common sense when it comes to getting killed. In JKT traffic lights are meaingless, as are all other road rules. A couple of weeks ago a Silver Bird (YES - supposedly the better taksi!) driver took me from the airport to the Ambhara hotel in 20 minutes!!!! To do that he ran every red light, did 200kph on the freeway, and consistently used the wrong side of the road. I have no idea why he did this, and my comments fell upon deaf ears.

i dont think Mr Benz considered JKT takso drivers when he invented the automobile.

#29843 - 10 Dec 05 19:23 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Incidentally, i am trying to track down the girl, (who apparently visits Blok M) and will try to senf her some money. It being Christmas and goodwill to all etc. Im not a totally unfeeling asshole, and she is probably has a lot of problems right now :-(

#29844 - 10 Dec 05 19:49 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

Dont worry about the french d-q. They are arrogant to everyone equally - even if you are born there but are from algeria 10 generation ago you will never be actually french, so you can have masters in french and still not know how to speak french properly according to the local parisian baguette boiys.!

---------------------------------
Hi ena, how r u :-) long time no see :-P
BTw, okay it's French..but when i had a job interview in my previous employer, the director is English man, but has moved to OZ, he is amazed and say : How come young lady like u have such great Legal english term ????" (i have a high score of TOEFL, dude..)

and after i become his employee, he get stunned with my me,especially if i won while we arguing about some legal matters..then he knows that indo girls can be smart too (oh please he maybe compare to his sl*t chicken from somewhere in remote village in centre Java..who barely can speak english.. even call her bed-partner Mister BOB:-))))))))) what a joke)

#29845 - 11 Dec 05 10:41 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Diyu Offline
Member+++

Loc: new zealand
If you were Chinese you would think that China had invented everything and were superior.

They invented gun powder just see how far thats gone.

#29846 - 12 Dec 05 08:32 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
dee Offline
Member+

Quote:
They think that French is the ONLY language in the world (do you know they BAN English on TV and Radio, and fine announcers for saying any Englsih words - how STUPID!)

yes Rosco.. and i dont know why.. they have to subtitle all US movie or non French movie to French language ..NO ENGLISH in France..LOL that's wht their english is lousy ..

OOps, feeling like betray all my x french BFs LOL (hope they not joined this FORUM, all they will hang me on the guilottine..LOL)
Hey D_Q.. It seems like you've grown some agony to french.. but look at others Europeaners,like ; German.. i think they're not so patriotism to their country or at least they open minded to something.. but hey is just me talking to an upset person to French.. but try not to generelise that all EU is arogant..

#29847 - 12 Dec 05 11:00 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
Quote:

---------------------------------
Hi ena, how r u :-) long time no see :-P
BTw, okay it's French..but when i had a job interview in my previous employer, the director is English man, but has moved to OZ, he is amazed and say : How come young lady like u have such great Legal english term ????" (i have a high score of TOEFL, dude..)

and after i become his employee, he get stunned with my me,especially if i won while we arguing about some legal matters..then he knows that indo girls can be smart too (oh please he maybe compare to his sl*t chicken from somewhere in remote village in centre Java..who barely can speak english.. even call her bed-partner Mister BOB:-))))))))) what a joke)
Guys,
Stop being so stereotype and negative. You said french people are rude, or westerners are like this and like that.
This statement "(oh please he maybe compare to his sl*t chicken from somewhere in remote village in centre Java..who barely can speak english.. even call her bed-partner Mister BOB:-))))))))." It sounds like all that stupid "whores" are from central java, and central javanese are stupid. Come on..that's not very nice!!

#29848 - 12 Dec 05 11:10 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quote:
Originally posted by Booty Lover:
Quote:
Originally posted by williamshaw:
what did they really do for indonesia
Aqueducts? Oops, no that was the Romans, not the Dutch.
you've been watching too much Monty Python (Life of Brian) ...

#29849 - 12 Dec 05 12:53 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Having worked for a French company and lived there, I can assure you the French are arrogant.

They insist on ALL EU documentation being published in two languages Ė French and that of the host nation.

They insisted on having an EU parliament house Based in France. So the Parliament house at Brussels was replicated at Strasburg (France) at huge cost. But French honour had to be satisfied! It now sits in two separate locations!!!!

They are taught at school that Waterloo was a victory for France, but that Napoleon abdicated afterwards to help unite Europe (the French army was beaten soundly and Napoleon taken prisoner!)

Straight after hundreds of thousands of Britons died driving German invaders out of France, they joined a trade alliance with Germany (!!!!) and refused to allow Britain to join!

Much of the EU constitution was written purely for the benefit of France. This folly has almost bankrupt France and Germany. They are now the basket case economies of Europe, and expect Britain to pay more 3x per head of population than France so that French people can continue to live a high standard of living.

They are the ONLY country in the world to ban the Muslim headscarf, but allow girls to wear a cross.

I would not urinate on a Frenchman if his leg was on fire. Maybe Iím biasedÖ

#29850 - 12 Dec 05 17:31 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

from jakgirl :

Guys,
Stop being so stereotype and negative. You said french people are rude, or westerners are like this and like that.
This statement "(oh please he maybe compare to his sl*t chicken from somewhere in remote village in centre Java..who barely can speak english.. even call her bed-partner Mister BOB:-))))))))." It sounds like all that stupid "whores" are from central java, and central javanese are stupid. Come on..that's not very nice!!
----------------------->
Aha, thanks 4 ur comments JG ...not try to make stereotype & be negative..as i always said.. we can't generalize all people SUCK..
just mentioned one example that i knew from my real life..

My grandparents from my mom is from centre java..but they are welleducated ..

#29851 - 13 Dec 05 06:28 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
My grandparents from my mom is from centre java..but they are welleducated ..
What do you mean DQ? Is it common for Central Java people to have a lower education?

#29852 - 13 Dec 05 08:49 Re: why western people always discrimiante to asian and has superior feeling ?
airwire Offline
Member+

Loc: PL
[QUOTE]Originally posted by douce_qipus:
indonesia people not really respected by Western people..

DQ this rule doesnt apply only to asian or indonesian...its common for all foreginers. I am from eastern europe but i had same feeling working in germany or now, in USA. Not all people behave like superiors but i will say majority of them...if they only hear different accent they will often change their attitude...and sometimes less educated people could be more helpful for you and give you more respect for your achievments than educated people. lot of them are just ignorrants...

PS. yesterday i saw nice bumber sticker: BOYCOTE FRANCE:)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop