Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29440 - 13 Mar 06 10:11 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

You are right – I have never driven in Jakarta. Mind you I was dating a 42kg girl in JKT for a while. She drives to work every day, its no big deal.

I have driven in Bombay and BKK. Pretty much the same….

I normally use cabs – or at night Bajajs.

I can understand you enjoying living in Jakarta. Despite its problems and peculiarities, its still a great place.

Where you there in 98? Did you get out or ride it out? Not point scoring here, I am genuinely curious about that period of time and what happened.

Brave boy? I’m not brave. Never said I was…..

#29441 - 13 Mar 06 10:13 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I dont think I've ever seen a "big-ass Ford Everest".Is it a specially made custom job?

#29442 - 13 Mar 06 10:22 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I have seen some big asses IN Ford Everests.... smile

#29443 - 13 Mar 06 10:33 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Adder:
Actually I thought so too but recently I had an Indonesian freind over to think about doing some part time work on a little part time project here, he is probably one of the few Indonesian sales guy I woud trust and and as well he is efficient and with a good head on his shoulders but he said He would be happy to do it except he will leave Jakarta for good and migrate to Aus. He said he took the cheapest road possible and was approved recently, his family has already left and he will follow in a few months. My Brother-in-Law (a Jordanian) just recently went the same route and I found out they are now approved as well, both guys with families and no investment just filling out the paperwork and passing the medical and presto majic in like flint.
that is a suprise! I moved to Australia 20 years ago, and I thought it had got harder....

#29444 - 13 Mar 06 12:41 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Black Adder Offline

Loc: Home
Quote:
Originally posted by Polar Bear:

Where you there in 98? Did you get out or ride it out? Not point scoring here, I am genuinely curious about that period of time and what happened.
I was and I was wasn't. I was here Wednesday and Thursday when the trouble broke out. I heard there was trouble on the streets but kept plugging away at the office (over at Pasar Minggu and Soepomo, finally left there around 14:00 and My gf at the time was working for Coca Cola down on Sudirman so I drove over to pick her up as she lived with me. It was a mad house down there, finally found her via handphone and we went home, at the time our house was 300m from the Indonesian version of the CIA over in Kalibata so I knew no trouble would come over there. We stayed in on Thursday as it was still going crazy but I figured they would settle down on the day of prayer so I got up early and drove all around Jakarta looking at the destruction but with a plan to be back at the house before prayers let out as I figured it could go either way. Just as I got back home, my boss called me on my handphone and said they were evacuating Sunday and if I wanted to come he would put me down on the list. I told him him sure if I could bring the gf along and he agreed, so a free trip to Singapore, free hotel room in the Weston Plaza for a week and all meals paid for plus they threw in SGD 500 cash on top of that, yeah sure why not evacuate but we really did not have to but when your boss calls and asks and it was either that or go in to the office the next few days, well you figure it out.

#29445 - 13 Mar 06 12:47 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Black Adder Offline

Quote:
Or we could forget the insults and the egos, and just go down to the Sportsmans and have a beer. smile smile
I will do one better, send me an email address for yourself and when you are coming and you can come to the house and see how we live in our deprived, meager and squalor conditions. But you have to like Corona.

#29446 - 13 Mar 06 12:57 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Black Adder Offline

Quote:
that is a suprise! I moved to Australia 20 years ago, and I thought it had got harder.... [/QUOTE]

Yes it surprised me as well with all you hear here on CNN about Hanson and her racist ways but then she is in jail now if memory serves, hope the home girls are showing her a good time.

Now to get back to my original point, if you are cheesed at these consultants then why just complain down there where it does no good, complain to The Jakarta Post here and let them publish this crap, people will take note.

#29447 - 13 Mar 06 13:02 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quote:
Quote:
that is a suprise! I moved to Australia 20 years ago, and I thought it had got harder....
Yes it surprised me as well with all you hear here on CNN about Hanson and her racist ways but then she is in jail now if memory serves, hope the home girls are showing her a good time.

Now to get back to my original point, if you are cheesed at these consultants then why just complain down there where it does no good, complain to the Jakarta Post here and let them publish this crap, people will take note. [/QUOTE]
well, as a former copy editor of The Jakarta Post, i can tell you that it will make not one squat of difference. JP is an extremely low-circulation (25,000) paper that is universally ignored by the indonesian elite.

is hanson really in jail?? i thought she got off on a technicality ...

#29448 - 13 Mar 06 13:05 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Black Adder Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilligaf:
I dont think I've ever seen a "big-ass Ford Everest".Is it a specially made custom job?
No actually but to my wife it is her "Black Bitch" It is Black without the silver fenders as they do all those things, she wanted something different so I had the dealer where I bought it paint it all black for her little 44 kg or is it 45 kg frame(she does keep me informed me in the mornings once she weighs but as she is always complaining like all wives that I never listen so as to not to disappoint I always ask what she said)

#29449 - 13 Mar 06 13:09 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Black Adder Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:
Quote:
Quote:

Now to get back to my original point, if you are cheesed at these consultants then why just complain down there where it does no good, complain to the Jakarta Post here and let them publish this crap, people will take note.
well, as a former copy editor of The Jakarta Post, i can tell you that it will make not one squat of difference. JP is an extremely low-circulation (25,000) paper that is universally ignored by the indonesian elite.

is hanson really in jail?? i thought she got off on a technicality ... [/QUOTE]

Maybe the elite will change their opinion once they find out you have left the employ of the JP an not putting youe spin on things? What do you think man who holds my legal documents in his hand?

#29450 - 13 Mar 06 13:26 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Hanson was released on appeal. It really was a trumped up charge - arguing about esoteric matters such as supporter V member. considering the blatent branch stacking that goes on with other parties, it really was a political set up.

I actually voted for her, and would do so again.

I am not convinced that a charity would take notice of the JP, but i will write a letter.

#29451 - 13 Mar 06 13:35 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Black Adder Offline

I would write the letter because I know how many of these fortune 500 companies are contributing to this yayasan or that foundaton thinking the money is being used properly, I do not suggest that stop giving is the answer but to do some due dilegence in their donations. I mean we all know that a little goes a long way here but some of these so called CEO's and CFO's are making contributions locally that would be normal back home but a kings ransom here. They literally are still living in another world.

#29452 - 13 Mar 06 13:51 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Black Adder Offline

Quote:
Hanson was released on appeal. It really was a trumped up charge - arguing about esoteric matters such as supporter V member. considering the blatent branch stacking that goes on with other parties, it really was a political set up.

I actually voted for her, and would do so again.

I am not convinced that a charity would take notice of the JP, but i will write a letter.
Damn why woud you support her, she is a racist from all I have read about her. And if the big boys used politics to set her up it was only because she was a huge embarassment for your country.

#29453 - 13 Mar 06 14:20 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I am not sure, but would suspect that these companies can offset the contribution against tax at the highest rate on a global basis.

I certainly agree that due diligence is required. Unfortunately the "tax offset" status tend to leave the donor company disinterested in what is actually achieved with the dollars.

I also agree about expat CEO/CFOs living in insular “ivory towers” all over Asia, and not fully appreciating the value of money in the local economy.

#29454 - 13 Mar 06 14:27 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Your Bitchy Batak Wife Offline
Member+

Loc: Dulu Tapanuli Sekarang Jakarta
I am ashamed to be "Black Adder"

posted 13 March, 2006 14:03
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can vouch for 2 things here, Wallet Digger is not Ingritt Brown, Ingritt Brown is uneducated and Wallet Digger seems to have some education and her English is better than Ms. Brown.

The 2nd is that "Your bitchy Batak wife" is NOT my Bitchy Batak Wife, mine does not like a computer except when she really needs it and comes and gves me kisses every time I sit at mine trying to get me away from it.

you are fuckin A$$hole bastard man! seems that you make my beer warm. I hate to drink Warm beer!

#29455 - 13 Mar 06 14:35 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
why woud you support her, she is a racist from all I have read about her.
she was actually very misrepresented. The very name of her Party "Australia First", implied that Australians should put Australia first. I find it hard to disagree with that.

Many people use Australian residency or citizenship as a “flag of convenience”. A few years ago I met a very pleasant Chinese businessman who could not speak a word of English, lived in Beijing, and visited Australia for 2 weeks each year. He proudly showed me his Australian passport, and told me (via my Chinese GF) that he felt safe running his business empire in china so long as he held his Australian passport. I don’t think this was in the spirit of accepting citizenship (it is worth noting that he doesn’t pay a cent in tax for his citizenship).

This was the sort of thing Hanson was against. Her stance has now been accepted by the major parties. There are now discussions over longer residency requirements for citizenship to prevent the situation I mentioned above. There is also talk of US or UK style citizenship requirements, including a grasp of English language, an understanding of Australian laws etc.

I am not racist – although to my shame I was racist until a few years ago. I am a migrant myself, and I have helped and encouraged other people to migrate to Australia. We need more young Australians, but the emphasis is on Australians. Not hyphenated English-Australians, Turkish-Australians, Iraqi-Australians. But Australians. This was all Hanson stood for.

#29456 - 13 Mar 06 14:37 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by Your Bitchy Batak Wife:
seems that you make my beer warm. [/b]
WOW - the insults are flying today.

Beer warmers beware smile smile

#29457 - 13 Mar 06 14:46 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quote:
[QUOTE]Maybe the elite will change their opinion once they find out you have left the employ of the JP an not putting youe spin on things? What do you think man who holds my legal documents in his hand?
well, i only left The Jakarta Post less than a month ago ... i could no longer afford to be there, frankly, despite really enjoying the work.

regardless of my status at JP, i rather doubt that anything printed in that paper would have any influence whatsoever upon elite opinion. Kompas, on the other hand, is quite another thing, but being as they are an establishment paper i doubt they would want to rock the boat.

#29458 - 13 Mar 06 14:50 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Member+

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Your Bitchy Batak Wife:
seems that you make my beer warm.
WOW - the insults are flying today.

Beer warmers beware smile smile [/b]
Iam just trying to remind him, if he wants to fight with me, he better wearing a miniskirt and eye liner!

#29459 - 13 Mar 06 14:54 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Yes, i understand. How nice!

#29460 - 13 Mar 06 14:59 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Member+

Quote:
Yes, i understand. How nice!
hmmm... since you read that my profile is a married woman i don't think you gonna PM me. but please answer me honesty.. how many girls you have their phone number that you have been send her naughty messages & how many girl you have send your pics in your army uniform??

#29461 - 13 Mar 06 15:08 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

1. I have very few Indonesian girls phone numbers. Possibly 3 or 4. I worked in Japan for a while, and have lots of Japanese girls numbers (and photos)

2. I never send naughty messages. I sometimes flirt mildly with girls via SMS, or call them.

3. My photograph in army uniform? I posted a link somewhere on this site. I have sent some girls photographs of me in uniform (and naked). Possibly 3-4 Indonesian girls.

But I am just a boring old bule. There are a lot of more interesting guys here now. Men like Black Adder, Dumb Bule, and Home Comforts would be more worthy of your attention.

PS - I had not bothered looking at your profile.

#29462 - 13 Mar 06 15:15 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Member+

Quote:
1. I have very few Indonesian girls phone numbers. Possibly 3 or 4. I worked in Japan for a while, and have lots of Japanese girls numbers (and photos)

2. I never send naughty messages. I sometimes flirt mildly with girls via SMS, or call them.

3. My photograph in army uniform? I posted a link somewhere on this site. I have sent some girls photographs of me in uniform (and naked). Possibly 3-4 Indonesian girls.

But I am just a boring old bule. There are a lot of more interesting guys here now. Men like Black Adder, Dumb Bule, and Home Comforts would be more worthy of your attention.

PS - I had not bothered looking at your profile.
sound's like that you are a model for army uniform.

Iam not interesting with your offer about some guys you have mentioned. and iam not looking for attention here. i have never been know them. but i think they are not smartest one including you. thank's to show me that your intelligence does not good match with mine.

#29463 - 13 Mar 06 15:30 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I bow down to your superior intelligence. I am just a stupid Polar Bear floating on my iceberg. smile

I assume you will not pester me again, thus achieving my objective….

Bye…….

#29464 - 13 Mar 06 15:32 Re: I am ashamed to be an Australian
Member+

Quote:
I bow down to your superior intelligence. I am just a stupid Polar Bear floating on my iceberg. smile

I assume you will not pester me again, thus achieving my objective….

Bye…….
You, Bend over!

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop